• Published 26th Sep 2017
  • 5,005 Views, 284 Comments

Flash Sentry, Defender of the Peace S2 - Banshee531



The Flash Sentry Chronicles continues, following the story lines from season two. New adventures, new friends and new lessons to be learned.

  • ...
8
 284
 5,005

A Canterlot Wedding PT2

In the underground caves of Canterlot, something that one could only describe as a seizure of bright flashes and lights covered the area. As for why this was happening, it was one apprentice Flash Sentry fighting the super sized creature known as the Scorpentine.

"Flash Cutter!" The apprentice knight cried out as he swung his sword through the air, unleashing an energy blade at the snake scorpion hybrid. However, the Scorpentine simply swiped one of its pincer-like claws, deflecting the attack.

"Damn it!" Flash yelled as he landed on the side of a stalactite. This was the third attack the monster had destroyed with ease. It looked like the Scorpentine was much more powerful then the last time. Chrysalis must have used some kind of dark magic to increase its power, making it more dangerous than ever. Seeing this, the Scorpentine shot towards the pegasus, forcing him to jump away and barely miss the oncoming pincer attack. As he dodged this, the stalactite he was sitting on was turned to dust, causing Flash to gasp before spinning Lightbringer in his hoof.

"Flash Vortex!" He unleashed a tornado of light at the monster, only for it to shield its head with its pincers. The blast struck and consumed the beast, causing the stalactite it was wrapped around to crumble. The beast let out a yell as its body fell down from its lost footing. Seeing this chance, Flash put all of his strength into his back legs and kicked off the ceiling, spinning like a top at the beast. "Flash Driver!" Transforming into a shining drill, Flash flew at the Scorpentine as it began to regain its bearings. Unfortunately, it looked up and guarded its head again with its pincers. The drill struck said pincer, only to come to halting stop. "Aw, son of a-"

Flash's swear was soon interrupted as the creature's toxic stinger appeared, causing Flash to take to the air again. As he avoided a swipe of the tail, a pincer followed, slamming his stomach. "AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" he cried in pain as he flew into another stalactite, breaking through it before crashing into the cavern wall. A surge of pain unleashed itself into his nerves, causing him to fall and roll down a small rock formation, landing in a heap on the ground. "Ooooohhhhh...that hurt."

The pegasi blinked as he slowly lifted his head, only for his ears to pick a familiar hissing noise. Hearing this, he tried to move, only for his body to refuse to take his weight, his legs collapsing beneath him. "That's not good. That's really not-"

Flash's mouth stopped moving as he now saw a new sight. It was the Scorpentine, standing over him as he had successfully slivered up to the rock pile Flash was on. His body tensed before presenting its pincers and stinger, both primed to strike.

"Oh no...come on body, move!" Flash groaned as he shook on the ground. "Come on....come on! I'm not dying here!" Flash's eyes glared at the beast in front of him, the stinger almost over his body. "Come on....MOVE!"

WHAM!

That was the sound of the stinger hitting the ground, its toxin oozing out of the tip. However, the tip found not flesh, but rocks as it stood there, not hitting its target. The Scorpentine looked at the spot before looking up, only to see Flash standing tall, his body shaking as Lightbringer shook his hooves.

"Huff...huff...okay, I'm good." Flash panted, his body fully tense as it slightly staggered. It felt like his body had the strength of ten stallions, though his wings felt dead. Despite this, Flash began to hop backwards, as the monster's pincers were now its main source of attacking. The pincers repeatedly swung around, making Flash do repeating back flips as he dodged every blow.

As he did a third dodge, Flash pulled his weapon back, staring the beast down. "FLASH CUTTER!" He unleashed another energy attack, striking the Scorpentine in the right side of its head. As it reeled back, Flash felt his wings beginning to regain strength, causing him to take to the air once more. "Alright big guy, here comes the pain!"

Flash leapt in the air, his sword aiming directly into the Scorpentine's eye. The pegasis shot forward, ready to hit the orb, only for a pincer to ram into his waist, squeezing him. Flash wheezed as the air was pushed out of him. "That...pain thing....was supposed to be for you, not...me!"

The monster angrily hissed at Flash, slamming and dragging its pincer along the ground. Flash cried out as his upper body grinded along the stony surface, his wings feeling the jagged gravel. As this continued, Flash let out another scream, only to feel his body suddenly be flung into the air. With a painful thud, he nailed the rocky ground beneath him, his body finally giving up and refusing to move. Flash could feel himself slipping into unconsciousness, his ears picking up the slithering monster in the distance. His eyes fluttered open, only to see a blurry image of the hybrid creature looking down at him, its tail raised to finally end it all.

Was this it? Was this how he died? Failing to protect those he cared about?

Time seemed to slow down, as the blurry tail began to descend towards him. His mind beginning to fade away.


"Ow!" Flash cried as he landed with a thud on the ground.

"That was good," he heard Cadance tell him. He looked up to see the teenage alicorn smiling down at him. "You were able to stay in the air for a good five seconds longer this time." Right now, the two of them were in Canterlot park, where Cadance was trying to teach Flash how to properly fly. Off to the side were Twilight and Shining, both watching the scene unfold.

The young colt just groaned as he picked himself up, dusting himself off as he moaned, "Yeah...but I barely got any higher than last time."

Cadance shook her head in disapproval, only to then pat Flash's head. "It doesn't matter how high you can fly. What matters is how long you're able to do it, and you're getting better each time."

"Doesn't feel like it," Flash said, only for his ears to pick up two new voices.

"Come on Flash! Flying can't be that hard!" yelled a certain Shining Armor as him and his sister both began yelling at the pegasus. "Just flap your wings and you'll get it!"

Twilight nodded in agreement. "Yeah! Did you not read that book on aerodynamics that I gave you?!"

Flash frowned at this, ready to reply. That is, till Cadance spoke up, "Be quiet! Until you two grow a pair of wings and become master flyers on your first try, you don't get an opinion!"

The two unicorns quickly shut up, not wanting to incur the wrath of the Princess of Love. "We'll be quiet," they both said in unison.

"Good," Cadance remarked as she turned back to Flash. "Now, let's try it again Flash."

"What's the point?" Flash grumbled as he sat down on his flank. "I'll never get this. Flying's supposed to be a natural thing for pegasi, but I can barely get off the ground. I'm hopeless."

"Don't be silly," Cadance told him, raising his chin with her hoof. "Just because being able to fly sets pegasi apart from other ponies, doesn't mean they're all supposed to be naturals at it. In fact, one of my pegasi friends called Diamond Rose is actually afraid of heights."

"She is?" Flash asked in amazement.

Cadance nodded. "Trust me, flying terrifies her. Besides, by your logic, unicorns should be able to use magic easily. You've seen how hard Twilight works to use her's, haven't you?"

Flash nodded, only to look away. The frown on his face grew as he flexed his wings to his sides. Seeing this, Cadance sat down next to him and placed a hoof around his shoulder, "Listen, I know you're frustrated, but you can't just give up on something you really want to do. As long as you keep trying and believe you can do it, then eventually something will just click and you'll have mastered it without even knowing you have."

Flash looked back at her, his lips quivering. "Really?"

"Absolutely."

Flash smiled before throwing his hooves around her waist, tears beginning to fill his eyes. "Thanks Cadance."

Cadance also smiled as she hugged him back. "Don't mention it Flash. I know you don't think you're anything special, but you're wrong. You are one of the most special ponies in Equestria, and one day, you'll show everypony that."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

As soon as those words left her lips, Cadance and the rest of the world vanished, leaving Flash in the empty nothingness.


"AAAAHHHHH!!!" Flash yelled, quickly jerking his head up. He began to pant, his eyes pulsating as he looked around as the memory ended. He began to shake his head, trying to regain his focus. He put his hoof over his forehead, letting out another moan before blinking, his focus finally returned. That is, till he looked around. Here, he saw that he was in a white void, a realm of nothingness but the color white.

That is, till he turned around and saw a screen. It was the Scorpentine, towering over his body as his stinger was about to strike. He flinched back at the scene, only to pause as he saw that the screen was paused. The monster wasn't moving, causing Flash to blink again. "Huh? What is going on? Wasn't I just fighting that...wait..."

Flash tapped his head again, rubbing it as he talked to himself, "Wait a minute. I was fighting the Scorpentine and then I remembered...." Flash's confused expression turned into one of a big smile, remembering the memory he had just relived. "That's right! Cadance...Cadance always believed in me! Even before I did anything amazing, she knew I could...no, she knew I would do it. I...I can't let her faith in me be wasted! I can't let myself lose here! I...I have to win!" Flash yelled at himself internally, looking up as he saw the monster still towering over him. He needed a way to turn the tables and he needed it now.

With that in front of him, he closed his eyes, knowing he had to figure out something. As he did, he leaned his head back, his mind melting as tried to think of solution. Then, he remembered.

The Theta State.

He had spent so long trying to master it these past few months. He repeatedly failed time and time again, trying to find some way to figure out the puzzle that was that power. It was here that he knew it would be the one thing that could save him, the one thing he needed for victory.

As he laid back, eyes still closed, he tried to clear his mind in the singular moment. Every feeling started to drift away, his mind slowly becoming blank. But as it did, he felt it again. Doubt. Doubts that he felt he still couldn't pull it off, he still couldn't win. But as he felt that, he remembered what Cadance had told him. He remembered about continuing to try when trying to accomplish something.

Then, he felt it. He felt the world start to slow down within his mind. The world around him began to falter and melt away, as if nothing was there. There was no cave, no monster, no one there but himself. The world changed around him, the white void being the only thing there besides the defender. As he did this, he felt his mind pulse back and forth, trying to return to the real world where the monster's stinger was waiting for him. However, his mind stopped this, continuing to stay in the calm, focused white void.

Here, he slowly focused his mind more and more, everything now gone. As he did, time had basically stopped outside, the stinger above him was almost a statue now as it froze above him. His focus continued to grow, yet his senses were not dulling. However, as he did this within the mind, he did not notice that something was coming up behind him. That something was a ball of golden light, which slowly floated up towards him inside that void.

Then in that moment, a tiny spark of the light flew off the ball and began to flicker over to Flash. Like a leaf in the wind, it flew over his head, landing on his forehead. As soon as it did, it exploded in a radiant burst of light, quickly spreading and consuming his entire body. In that split second, his body became a pillar of light, his entirety filled with shine like no other. All of him glowed except his eyes, which were closed shut. Then, as he felt the surge blast through him, he opened them, only for his sky blue colored eyes to disappear, and a new, blank white eyes with no pupils or irises to appear.

Despite this, Flash could still see. In fact, his eyesight felt better than ever. He knew then that he had done it. He had entered the Theta State.


THUNK!

The Scorpentine's tail strike had caused a giant dust cloud to be blown up, blocking the creature's view at where the apprentice knight was laying. However, the beast began to slight cackle, knowing it had hit its target. But as the dust cleared, the hybrid monster's eyes shrunk as it now saw that the pegasi was gone and its tail was once again stuck in the rocky floor.

The Scorpentine began to glance around, only to look upward, finally spotting Flash. There, it saw the flying pegasi, the pony now staring down at the creature with his blank white eyes. The beast hissed angrily as it raised its body and began to sliver up one of the stalactites towards Flash. Seeing this, Flash shot off the ceiling again, only for the monster to swing its claws at the pony. But as the claw grew closer, the pony vanished, only for two hooves to slam into the creature's face, causing it let out a groan of pain.

With this, the Scorpentine flinched back, raising its pincers again to ready for another strike. It soon flung them at the pegasi, only for time to slow down. Flash's new mental state had fully kicked in, and saw everything. Time felt like nothing as he watched the creature slowly make its way towards him. Seeing this, Flash dove forward, slipping through both pincers as his sword slashed the creature's chest.

The Scorpentine roared in pain as it thrusted its other pincer at Flash. As it did, Flash easily dodged it, allowing himself to see an opening in the pincer's armor. Cricking his neck in the split second, the defender performed a backwards slash, severing the beast's pincer with ease. The Scorpentine cried out in pain again, allowing Flash to perform the same maneuver on the other pincer.

As the new surges of pain flowed through the beast, its glared at Flash with bloodshot eyes. Letting out one last roar, its swung its stinger at the pegasi. In response, Flash spun in the air, blocking the attack with his sword. The force of the attack caused Flash to be pushed back to the ground, only for him to flex his back hooves as he propelled himself back into the air with one push. As he did, the stinger fell to the side, leaving the monster wide open. Seeing this, Flash charged forward, his blade bursting with magic. "FLASH CUTTER!" He swung the blade down, slicing the tail off with one clean motion.

Now completely disarmed, the Scorpentine cried out again in frustration. It was then that a bright light caught its attention and it looked up to see Flash, his sword raised as it shone brighter than a star. "It's over." He placed both hooves on his sword and shot towards the beast, the blade's light extending until it was about six feet long. "FINAL...STRIKE!" He swung his sword down, the light cutting straight through the monster. As it did, the magic of the blade surged, only for light to burst through the cave.

BOOM!

The chambers' walls were filled with light from the explosion, a dust cloud soon appearing where the Scorpentine had been. Seeing this, Flash collapsed down on his flank, panting heavily from exhaustion. He blinked and his eyes returned to normal, his breathing slowly pacing.

"Holy cow. That...was awesome." Flash commented, chuckling to himself. He couldn't believe that he had actually managed to not only enter the Theta State, but also used it to defeat something like a Scorpentine on his own. As he thought about what just happened, another alarm bell went off in his brain.

"Twilight and Cadance!"

Getting back up and flexing his wings, Flash shot into the air, flying towards the exit of the chamber that Twilight and Cadance had rushed out of. He flew at high speed through the tunnel system, trying to navigate it the best he could. Here, he saw a speck of light in the distance, realizing which way he needed to go. With this, he found an old mine cart, but ignored it due to his wings, quickly racing down the rails that the cart was attached to. With this, he saw a small hole in the distance.

"This must be how Twilight and Cadance got out," Flash told himself as he landed in front of the opening. As soon as he did, the brightness of the sunlight shone down upon him. He felt the fresh air hit his coat, refreshing him as he looked around and saw nothing but rocks. His ears picked up the sound of running water as well, telling him that he must be close to the city. Sure enough, as he flew around the rocks, he saw the waterfall that was near the city border.

That is, till he saw the city.

"Oh no."

Shining's protection spell was gone. The barrier was missing and all he could see was a mass of black creatures, all attacking the capital like a plague. His ears also picked up on the sounds of screams coming from the city, showing just how far the invasion had gone.

Shooting towards the city at his highest speed, Flash passed the entrance, only to find himself surrounded by the creatures. They looked like the changeling queen, but smaller and he could not tell if they were male or female. No doubt they were the drones that Cadance had told him about.

They soon charged at him, causing the defender to kick them away in a swift counter. But as he did, he saw three more in front of him, all ready to strike. As he did, Flash gulped as he soon noticed he was about to fight a full army alone. The thought alone made him wish he was back in the Theta State again. That is, till his eyes suddenly returned to the blank white form, the changelings around him quickly slowing down.

"No way..." he told himself before twirling his trusty sword in his hoof. "Flash Cutter!" He swung his sword around, knocking several changelings back. "And now...Flash Vortex!" A magic tornado soon followed, knocking away the rest of the group around him. Seeing this, Flash shot forward, only to see a volley of ten changelings trying to charge at him. But as they did, Flash smirked, as they were barely moving in his eyes. "Flash Force!" The sword shot out the magic laser, instantly blasting the changelings away. With this, the path was clear.

"Please don't let me be too late," he said as he took to the sky, trying to double his speed. But as he got closer to the royal building, he saw another swarm of changelings crowding around the entrance ground. His new state of mind giving him better vision, Flash found that he could see past the swarm, quickly seeing four certain ponies fighting the horde. Seeing them, the pegasi smirked again. "I don't think I'm too late yet. Here goes nothing!"


Grand, Iron, Heather and First were fighting at full-throttle, stopping the changelings from entering the castle

"Grand Impact!" Grand Hoof yelled as he slammed his war-hammer weapon into the ground, causing multiple stone shards to fly out at the swarm. As the rest of the insectoid creatures dodged the shrapnel, Grand pulled his hammer back, only to swat another part of the horde like they were flies.

"Bloom Coil!" Heather tossed her chain mace at a changeling, tying it up and dragging it through the air. It slammed into another changeling, and another and another before she whipped it towards the ground. Seeing this, she retracted the whip, only to switch it to the mace mode. With this, she started whipping the chain through the air, smashing changelings out of the sky.

"Iron Lance Fury!" The apprentice knight Iron pointed his spear at another section of the swarm, the head of spear extending. As it did, the blade glowed with power before unleashing a flurry of metal darts that struck the horde, knocking them all out of the sky. One by one they fell, making Iron smirk as he watched them. "This is too much fun." his weapon changing to a sword while his hoof was gesturing a 'come on' stance. "That's right, give me more to slaughter! Come on, ya filthy roaches!"

Meanwhile, First Aid was providing support to the three, while occasionally shooting down a changeling or two. "Celeritas Aid!" He fired a trio of green arrows, which struck the other knights and began to raise their speed. He watched with a smile as the three of them moved like lightning, smashing, slashing and whipping the invaders twice as fast as before. He then noticed another changeling, flying towards him with its fangs bared. "Aid Bolt!" He shot an energy arrow at the creature, hitting it in the chest and causing it to go limp as it fell from the sky. He then looked up at the swarm, frowning as it looked like there were just as many as before. "This is madness. No matter how many of them we defeat, their numbers do not seem to drop."

"That doesn't matter," Grand smashed another changeling's head. "We can't give up, no matter how hopeless it seems. We need to keep them out of the castle until Twilight and the others get back."

"Right!" The other three replied as they continued to fight against the changelings. But as they did, Grand looked up at the swarm, feeling the same hopelessness that First had mentioned. That is, till-

"FLASH DRIVER!" From out of the swarm came a shining drill, which cut a hole through the cluster of insectoid ponies and flew straight at the four of them. As it did, the dill disappeared and revealed a familiar orange pegasi who landed in front of them. "Sorry I'm late."

"Flash!" Grand cheered, happy to see his apprentice was safe after hearing Cadance and Twilight explain what had happened. "Good to see ya lad!"

"Same to you!" Flash replied before swiping his sword through the air, cutting down several changelings. He then turned back to the four, only to receive four gasps at the sight of his blank eyes.

"What the-what's with the eyes Sentry?!" Iron asked in an irksome tone. "That's just freaky..."

Flash just smirked. "I'll explain later. Right now, we need to focus on taking these things out."

Grand shook his head in response. "No kiddo. Right now, you need to get to Canterlot Tower."

Flash looked back at his mentor after cutting down another changeling. "What?! I have to help you guys!"

Heather shook her head. "Twilight and the rest of your friends are on their way to get the Elements of Harmony. They're our only hope of stopping these things."

"But Celestia-"

"Has been defeated," First cut him off. "The changeling queen was able to overpower her due to Shining's love for Cadance."

Hearing this, Flash remembered what Cadance had told him about how changelings feed, making him sick to his stomach at a certain thought. "Please don't tell me Shining married that walking block of swiss cheese."

"He didn't," Iron told him as he punched a changeling in the face, a wicked grin on his face. "Twilight and the Princess got there just in time to stop the wedding, but not enough to stop the queen."

Grand smashed another changeling down before turning back to Flash. "That's why we need you with the others. Without you, the Elements are useless."

"But-"

"Flash!" Grand almost yelled as he smashed his hammer into the ground, unleashing another wave of flying rocks. "Right now Equestria needs its Element of Courage more than it needs an apprentice knight. Now GO!"

Flash wanted to argue more, only to then flex his wings. He looked back up at the swarm. "Fine, but I won't make it in time with all of these creeps in my way."

Grand walked up and patted his apprentice's shoulder. "Leave that to us. We'll give you a path, you just focus on getting through it."

"Here!" First pointed his crossbow at Flash and fired a green arrow, a burst of speed magic flowing through the defender's body. "That should help."

"Our turn!" Grand pointed his war-hammer at a section of the changelings. "GRAND FORCE!" Suddenly, a tornado filed with dirt and rock shot out the end of the weapon, striking the swarm of changelings like bowling pins. As they flew through the sky from the attack, a small opening appeared. "GO FLASH! NOW!"

Flash nodded and shot ahead. As he did, he instantly felt another group of changelings heading towards him, causing him to glance to the side. There, he saw a rain of iron darts fly by, knocking the group out of the sky. That is, till he looked at his other side, seeing a bum-rushing changeling. Flash gripped his blade for a counterattack, only for a chain mace to grab the changeling out of the sky, zipping him away from the defender.

"Don't screw this up Sentry!" He heard Iron yell at him as he reached the other side of the swarm. As soon as he did, he looked back, only to see the swarm turn back and encircle the four.

It took every bit of Flash's will to stop himself from going back and helping, knowing that his other friends needed him as well. "I'll be back, I promise." With that, he turned and flew towards Canterlot Tower.


He flew at near mach speed thanks to First's magic, making his way through the city. As he did, he looked down and saw that the changelings had captured many of the city's occupants, trapping them all in strange green slime cocoons. He bit his lip at the sight, making him want to fly down and save everypony he could. But he knew he couldn't, he had to get to Canterlot Tower.

Eventually, Canterlot Tower came into view and Flash looked to the entrance, where he spotted another swarm of changelings fighting against six familiar ponies. "Girls!" he exclaimed, seeing a flurry of blows as the girls fought the insects off. Flash smirked at the sight, gripping his blade as he was about to fly down to them.

That is, till he saw something in the corner of his eye.

It was one lone changeling doing nothing. He was just flying in place, a look of...curiosity on his face. Flash blinked at the sight, surprised that he wasn't just flying down, attacking anypony he could get his hooves on. Instead, it just...floated there.

Gripping his sword, Flash flew towards the changeling and body checked it. The two of them flew towards the ground and Flash slammed it into road. The changeling looked dazed for a moment, only to quickly recover when he felt something sharp touch his throat. Looking up, he saw the anger-filled face of Flash staring down at his, "Why aren't you attacking like the other insects?! What's your game?! TELL ME!!!"

Then, the changeling did something he was not expecting. It yelped a girly cry. "Please don't hurt me," the changeling said as it tried to hide its face in terror.

This made Flash pull his sword back in surprise, only to put it back at the neck a second later. "Don't try and pull the scared crocodile tears act. Why were you just floating there?! Were planning to do something to my friends?!"

However, the changeling just cowered more, still trying to hide its face. "Nothing! I swear to you! All I was doing was watching them."

"Why?!"

The changeling gave Flash a weak glance, its whole body shivering. "It's just...I've never seen friendship like that before. I was just curious, that's all."

Flash continued to stare at the changeling, trying to figure out whether or not it was telling the truth. His head was telling him that he should take this changeling down before it attacked, but his gut was telling him he should listen to what it had to say. As he did this, he remembered what his mentor would always say. 'Always trust your gut first kiddo. You'll survive a whole lot more battles that way.'. This saying usually followed a 'training beating' from his mentor, but that's besides the point.

Flash let out a huff before slowly removing his blade. "Alright...spill it changling. And make it quick, because I'm not feeling very nice today."

"Um...okay." the changeling squeaked, his shivering slightly lowering.

"First off, you have a name?"

"Thorax."

Flash gave him an odd look. "Gesundheit."

"No, that's my name, Thorax. And it's true that I'm a changeling, but I don't want to hurt anyone. Even though I need love to live, I don't want to force it out of someone."

Flash was not sure why, maybe it was his new theta state of mind, but for some reason he could tell that the change...Thorax was telling him the truth. Flash gripped his blade slightly before leaning down, glaring at him with his now-blank eyes. "Are there others who feel this way?" he asked. If there were more, then maybe they could help prevent this invasion.

Thorax shook his head rapidly. "I'm not sure. I've heard other drones complain about how hard getting food is, but...no one disobeys the queen."

Flash watched him continue to shake, fear all over his face. He blinked at the sight, surprised at what he was seeing. Maybe the changelings only followed this queen out of fear. If that was true, then showing them the ponies of Equestria would help them may allow them to stop the queen and earn their alliance.

Flash fully sheathed his sword and proceeded to get off the changeling. "Okay...if that's the case, leave Canterlot and don't come back."

Thorax showed nothing less than shock on his face from this. "Really? You're letting me go?"

"Don't make me regret it," Flash turned towards Canterlot Tower. He flexed his wings, ready to take off before he felt something grab his hind leg.

"Wait!" The changeling told him as he pulled the limb. "The queen knows about the Elements of Harmony, so she had a squadron of drones wait inside the tower. If you go in there, you'll be overwhelmed in seconds."

If that was true, then he needed to warn his friends. Flash looked back at the changeling and nodded. "Thank you...Thorax. Now, you'd better get out of here before we blast you and the others to the far side of Equestria."

"Um...thank you." The changeling replied, twiddling his hooves. As he did, he said one more thing, "Um...before you leave, could you tell me your name?"

Flash turned back to the tower, glaring at the fight in front of him. "Flash Sentry."

A second later, Flash was gone. He took the sky, ready to help his friends as the changeling watched him fly away. Thorax stood there, blinking in admiration of the following scene.


Once it was back in view, he spotted his friends still fighting the swarm on the bridge to the Canterlot Tower. He glanced tot he left, seeing a new swarm approach the group. "Not happening!" He charged his weapon and swung it through the air. "Flash Cutter!" The energy blade struck the changelings, knocking them flying as he landed next to the girls.

"FLASH!" They all cheered in joy.

Twilight rushed over to him, a huge grin on his face. "You're alright!" She was about to hug him, only to come to a screeching halt as he turned to her with his new blank eyes. "Oh my goodness! What happened to your eyes?!"

Flash gave her a weird look, only for brain to spark the memory of earlier today. He gave her a shrugging wave of a hoof. "Relax, I'm good. Check it out, I'm in the Theta State!"

"You are?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"Yeah!" Flash nodded, only to spin around simultaneously punch three charging changelings, dodging each of their blows like it was nothing. As he did this, Flash swung his blade again, shooting out another energy blade that knocked the rest of the horde away.

"Whoa!" they all went once the last changeling flew through the air from the blow. However, another swarm was making its way towards them.

"Come on, we have to get the Elements now!" they heard Twilight tell them. They turned towards the tower, only for Flash to hop over them and land in front of the wooden frame.

"Wait. I've been told that there's another swarm in there. They know about the Elements and they're waiting for us in there."

"And you know this how?" Rainbow asked.

"Just trust me. If we go in there, we'll be trapped."

"But we need the Elements," Twilight replied, pointing at the door. "They're our only hope."

Flash nodded as he tightly gripped his blade. "I know that, but we need to be careful. I'll go in and break them up, then you girls follow me."

"Right!" The others agreed.

Flash smirked before turning to the door, spinning the blade in his hoof again. With this, he pulled back his hoof, punching the door open with a mighty thud. As he did, he pointed his blade forward. "Flash Force!" A laser blasted out of the sword, instantly scattering the group inside. He then rushed inside, the girls following suit while shutting the door behind them.

The following battle was nothing less than insane. The defender and his friends charged in, battering and beating every insect pony in the way. Everywhere Flash looked, a changeling was there, ready to be knocked away. He had lost sight of the rest of the girls as he continued to fight, but he knew they were doing okay. After all, a few purple flashes were going on a ways off, showing him that Twilight was still fighting.

Just as he had cut down another changeling, Rainbow landed near him, knocking another away. "They're endless," she said.

"Just keep going," Flash told her. "We just have to-"

"STOP!"

Suddenly, everypony in the building froze, looking over and seeing Twilight on the ground. Standing above her was a changeling drone with red spines and purple wings, who was pinning the unicorn down while having one hoof on her head to keep her horn aimed away from him.

"Don't move!" The changeling growled. He then lowered his head with his mouth open, showing a pair of sharp fangs that he traced along Twilight's neck. "Surrender, or this one gets it."

The six other ponies stared at each other in shock, before turning to each other as if to ask what to do.

"Don't do it!" Twilight struggled against the changeling. "I'm not worth it!" But the changeling then poked her neck with his teeth, making the others' decision obvious.

"You are to us," Flash told her as his eyes returned to normal. He threw his weapon to the ground while the others gave themselves up.

"Secure that one!" The changeling pointed at Flash, who suddenly found himself encased in the same green goo he had seen other ponies captured in. It hardened, and soon everything but Flash's head was trapped inside the green, rock like substance.

Seeing this defeat, Twilight started to cry. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright Twilight," Flash told her, his body trying to shake in the green cocoon.

Soon, she and the others were also secured as the lead changeling turned to the swarm. "Let's see what our queen wishes to do with them."


Meanwhile...

Back at the castle, the queen of the changelings Chrysalis watched as her drones finished encasing Celestia inside a cocoon. She then looked at where she had trapped Cadance, alongside Trixie, Spike and a still hypnotized Shining Armor. She chuckled at the sight, only for the door to suddenly open. Following the moving wooden frame was a group of drones, all of them carrying the four Royal Knights that had been fighting outside the castle. The knights were all trapped inside the same green slime cocoon as the princess, soon tossed aside like garbage.

Chrysalis laughed at the sight. "Perfect! Just perfect! Now that the Royal Knights have been defeated, nothing will stop me from feeding on Equestria's love."

Trixie turned to the princess and dragon. "This is bad. What can we do?"

"I don't know," Cadance replied, irking at the sight before her. "We have to do something..."

"Trying to come up with an escape plan, are we?" They all turned to Chrysalis, a huge vicious smile on her face. "It won't work. Nothing can stop me now."

Cadance gave the queen a dirty look, hissing. "Twilight can. She and her friends will defeat you."

But in that moment, the door opened, with Twilight, her friends and some changelings walking inside. A trio of changelings flew in carrying the incapacitated Flash, who they tossed to the floor. Chrysalis smirked before turning back to Cadance. "You were saying?" She turned towards Twilight and gave her an evil smirk. "You do realize the reception's been cancelled, don't you?" She then looked at the red finned changeling that had captured them. "Excellent work Pharynx."

The changeling bowed. "I live to serve, my queen."

Chrysalis nodded and waved her hoof at the rest of her subjects. "Now...go! FEED!" The changelings nodded before almost all of them rushed out, Pharynx being the only one to stay in the room. Chrysalis continued to laugh before placing her hoof under Twilight's chin. "It's funny really. Twilight here was suspicious of my behavior all along. Too bad the rest of you were too caught up in your wedding planning to realize those suspicions were correct." She laughed louder as she flew through the room.

Applejack walked up to Twilight. "Sorry, Twi. We should've listened to you."

Twilight just shook her head. "It's not your fault. She fooled everypony."

"Not everypony." They all turned to see Flash, now awake and trying to break his containment. "Some ponies noticed, like you, me and Gorgenia. She didn't think we were a danger, so she put up a half-hearted act."

Chrysalis continued to laugh as she stepped over to the trapped pegasus. "And I was right. You weren't a danger. Even though you managed to defeat my Scorpentine, you weren't able to stop me."

Flash scowled at the changeling queen, "Why are you doing this?! They must be a way for your swarm to feed on love without forcing us to give it to you. Don't you care about anything else?!"

"All I care about is finding food for my subjects!" Chrysalis barked back. "A piece of garbage like you wouldn't understand!"

"And what about your subjects? Don't you care about how they feel?"

"They are my only concern."

Flash let out a snort, giving her a deadpan stare. "Then you should know that not all of them are happy about this invasion. I met one who felt horrible about it. He even told him about the changelings you hid in the tower."

This caused everypony to take on a look of surprise. That is, except Pharynx, how stepped up to the trapped pony. "Silence pony! Your lies will not trick us! No changeling would betray the hive!"

"His name was Thorax!"

That made Pharynx and Chrysalis back step in surprise, only for the queen to frown. "That problem child again. I've had enough of his insolence. Pharynx, find your brother and bring him to me!"

"Yes your majesty!" Pharynx saluted before flying out the door to search for the changeling.

Flash continued his struggle, growling at the insect before him. "Aren't you listening?! Thorax doesn't want to attack ponies, and maybe he's not the only one. If you were a real queen, you'd listen to what your subjects have to say."

"SILENCE!" Chrysalis screamed as she rushed towards the pegasi, lifting him by the throat with her magic. "I AM THE QUEEN! MY SUBJECTS WILL DO AS I TELL THEM, AND ANY WHO REFUSE WILL BE PUNISHED!" She then leaned over, her face directly in front of Flash's. "And because Thorax told you that, I will personally punish him in front of you to show him how useless he is for the hive."

Flash felt the tight grip around his throat, preventing him from breathing. But even so he would not let her intimidate him. "You're describing a dictator, not a queen."

"BE QUIET YOU FILTH!" Chrysalis yelled, lifting the pegasi right out of the slime with her magic. As she did, she flung him across the wall, his body slamming the stone with a might thud. With the pain that followed, the defender fell to the floor, almost instantly losing consciousness. He tried to lift a hoof, but after almost two days of no sleep, constant fighting and injuries, his body went limp like a ragdoll.

"FLASH!" His friends all cried out in shock as they rushed over to him. As they did, Chrysalis could only laugh, turning to a nearby window. There, she saw all of her drones swarming the city, pillaging the love in the city. Seeing this, she continued to laugh, ignoring everyone else.

Flash slowly opened his eyes and saw his friends staring down at him in fear. "Are you alright?" Twilight asked him, tearing up again.

Flash weakly nodded, most of his body still not moving. "I'm fine, don't worry about me." He looked over at Cadance, then at Chrysalis. "Quick! Before she sees, help Cadance."

Twilight looked back at the laughing changeling, seeing her looking away, and nodded. She slowly crept towards the princess of love. "Cadance! Go to him while you still have the chance!" she whispered as she used her magic to remove the holding slime.

Once she was free, Cadance slumped over and began to crawl over to her finance. There, she saw his blank hypnotised face, almost making her want to cry as she hugged him. Doing so caused her horn to spark, unleashing a small heart from the appendage. The others watched in amazement as the heart flew from her horn towards Shining's face, creating a flash of pink light that enveloped the two. When it faded, Shining opened his eyes and revealed they were no longer green. The spell had been broken.

"Alright!" Flash muttered, finding it hard to even keep his eyes open.

Shining held his head, shaking it as he felt nauseated. "Ha–where...huh? Is...is the wedding over?"

Everypony smiled at seeing him back to normal. That is, till Chrysalis landed in front of them, glaring at the bride and groom. "It's all over!"

Twilight felt a wave of shock at her sudden appear, only to quickly turn to her brother. "Your spell! Perform your spell now!"

"Blast her and her army to the far reaches of Equestria!" Flash barely yelled. "DO IT!"

However, Chrysalis just laughed. "What good would that do?! My changelings already roam free! I've already won!"

Shining's eyes went wide as he heard this. He then closed his eyes and tried to fire his shield spell, only to get a single spark. "NO! My power....my power is useless now. I don't have the strength to repel them." But in that moment, Cadance moved over and hugged him yet again.

"My love will give you strength!"

Chrysalis laughed again. "What a lovely but absolutely ridiculous sentiment! You're finished!"

"Don't listen to her!" The two turned to Flash. "If friendship can defeat Nightmare Moon and Discord, then an equally powerful force like love is sure to have the same power!"

The royal couple nodded at the pegasus. Shining once again tried to spark his horn, only this time, Cadance placed the tip of her horn on his and created an electrical link. Everyone watched as the power of their love began to build, creating a brilliant pink light that enveloped the two. Then, Shining and Cadance began to levitate as the light grew ever brighter.

Chrysalis saw this light and backpedaled, shocked at what she was seeing. "What is...what is this?! What's going on?!"

Suddenly, the two lovers opened their eyes, which were glowing pure white, the pink aura surrounding them changing to a brilliant white. As it did, the magic they were generating exploded, unleashing an energy wave that flew throughout the room. It passed the ponies, all of them feeling a warm comforting feeling, completely unharmed. But when it struck Chrysalis, she suddenly found herself being blasted out the window.

"NOOOOO!!!" she yelled, flying into the distance. All throughout Canterlot the love blast swept through the city, causing any changeling it touched to be sent flying to the furthest reaches of Equestria. Canterlot, was saved.

Back in the castle, the light finally faded and everypony looked around to see that not one changeling was left. Twilight rushed over to Celestia while Flash slowly got up, feeling what could only be his fifth or sixth wind. He then moved to where the Royal Knights had been held. The love wave had also destroyed the cocoons holding them, so the three of them were beginning to get up.

"You four okay?"

Grand just smiled at his apprentice. "We're fine kiddo."

"Just a little bruised," Iron agreed as Fluttershy helped him up.

With this, everyone let out a long sigh of relief. Everypony had been saved, and it had been thanks to the couple of the day. With that, Twilight and the others helped everyone in the room, slowly helping them recover from the invasion. As they did, Celestia told Twilight that they should still do the wedding, which everyone agreed to.

At the same time, Flash found out that his little sister Scootaloo was thankfully safe. She had been with Night Light and Twilight Velvet, and as soon as she saw Flash, she leapt up and hugged her big brother, "I was afraid I'd never see you again." she said as she started to cry into his chest.

Flash smiled and hugged her back. "I'm fine. A little tired, but all in all, I'm fine." He turned to his foster parents. "Thank you."

The two nodded. "She is part of the family," Velvet told him before looking over at her other children, pulling them both into a hug. "We were so worried about you."

"We're fine mom," Twilight assured her.

Shining nodded. "Yeah, we are."

Celestia smiled as she moved over to them all. "Well then, we'd best get ready for a real wedding."

Everypony nodded with a smile.

Pinkie leapt in front of them, confetti flying everywhere. "This is gonna be the BEST WEDDING EVER!"


And so, the preparations were underway.

Twilight, Cadance and the girls went off to get everything ready, while Shining, Flash and the knights worked to make sure Canterlot really was changeling free. Once they were sure, they returned to the castle to find Twilight, Pinkie and Cadance with a bunch of musical equipment. They moved over to them and Flash looked the stuff over. "Hey, what's all this?" It was then that he recognized an electric guitar Twilight was carrying. "What the-that's mine!"

"Good eye," Twilight magicked it over to him. "You, Iron, Heather and First are gonna be playing at the reception."

"WHAT?!" The four of them yelled in unison.

Pinkie hoped in front of them, a slight frown on her face. "The DJ's equipment got damaged, and Celestia mentioned you all play an instrument."

Flash turned to the others with a raised eyebrow. "You do?"

The others just shrugged.

"Bass guitar," Heather replied.

"Keyboard and saxophone," First continued.

"Skybreaker made me learn the drums to work out my aggression," Iron finished.

Twilight chuckled at their responses before patting Flash's shoulder. "Great, you'd better get to practicing then."

Flash turned back to her, glaring, "Now hold on, we didn't agree to this!"

Before Twilight could reply, Cadance appeared, giving Flash her best puppy dog eyes. "Please Flash, it'd mean a lot."

Flash's eyes twitched at the sight, only to let out a long sigh. "Ugh...fine. Let's do this." With that, the other knights grabbed their equipment and rushed after him, leaving Shining and the girls. Twilight and Cadance high hoofed in joy.


Eventually, everything was prepared and the wedding guests returned to the castle.

Flash was standing besides Twilight and Shining Armor, waiting for the ceremony to begin. He looked around, seeing Velvet and Night in the front row beside Grand, Heather, First and Iron. He then spotted Trixie, Solid Script, Wild Smile and finally Gorgenia, who had managed to complete her stone statue just in time. The rest of their friends were standing on the other side of the alter, all dressed in their amazing bridesmaid dresses. Flash looked down to see the suit he was wearing, the same one he had worn to the gala.

Then, Fluttershy's birds began playing the wedding march as the doors opened and the crusaders skipped inside while throwing flowers along the ground. Flash smirked at seeing his usually tomboyish sister in a dress.

As they finished their entrance, the beautiful bride that was Cadance walked into the room.

"Seriously, though," he then heard Twilight say to Shining. "I get why the queen of the changelings wanted to be with you, but how did you get someone as amazing as Cadance to marry you?"

Shining just chuckled at this. "I told her she wouldn't just be gaining a husband. She'd be getting a pretty great sister, too." Flash saw Twilight smile hearing this, causing him to smile and his friends happiness.

Finally, Cadance arrived at the alter as Shining stepped forwards. The two smiled at each other and turned to Princess Celestia, who began to speak. "Mares and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of the real Princess Mi Amore Cadenza–"

"Princess Cadance is fine," the bride corrected her.

Celestia nodded. "The union of Princess Cadance and Shining Armor. The strength of their commitment is clear. The power of their love, undeniable." She turned to Spike, the ring drake. "May we have the rings please?" The little dragon nodded and presented the rings, which the princess of the sun magicked onto the royal couple's horns. "I now pronounce you mare and colt!"

Everypony cheered and applauded as the two kissed. Once that was done, they stepped out onto the balcony were a large crowd had gathered to see the happy couple. As they watched the two wave to the crowd, Celestia turned to Twilight. "This is your victory as much as theirs. You persisted in the face of doubt, and your actions led to you being able to bring the real Princess Cadance back to us."

"You too Flash," Grand told his apprentice, patting his back. "You trusted your gut and because of that, Twilight and Cadance were able to escape."

Celestia nodded. "Learning to trust your instincts is a valuable lesson to learn."

They watched as the royal couple once again kissed, only for Celestia to whisper something to Rainbow. The next thing they knew, the speedy pegasus zipped out of her dress and into the air, before-

BOOM!

A Sonic Rainboom exploded and Rainbow flew over the city while her namesake flowed after her, arching over all of Canterlot.


Soon, the sun was set and the moon raised as the reception was about to start. Flash, Iron and Heather were setting up their instruments, while First was softly playing his keyboard as the bride and groom danced a slow dance. The others were watching them waltz, until they noticed somepony flying towards them. Looking up, they saw that Luna and Springer had arrived, landing nearby.

"Hello everypony," the princess of the night said as she walk up to the group of friends, the jakhowl on her back quickly hopping off. "Have we missed anything?"

"Oh, you would not believe us if we told you princess," Trixie told her teacher as she gave her a quick hug.

"Oh yeah? Wait until you hear what happened to me," Springer commented as he began to look around for his partner. "Where's Flash?"

The others pointed to the stage, only to see Pinkie and Twilight as Pinkie hopped onto the platform. There, Pinkie shined a huge smile before yelling, "Let's get this party started!"

Iron nodded before tapping his sticks together. The four of them then started playing their music, all working in perfect harmony.

Pinkie then threw a microphone at Twilight, who caught it with her magic. There, she stood next to Flash, both started to sing,

(Both)
Love is in bloom!

(Flash)
A beautiful bride.

(Twilight)
A hansom groom.

(Flash)
Two hearts, becoming one.

(Twilight)
A bond that cannot be undone.
Because-

(Both)
Love is in bloom!
A beautiful bride, a handsome groom.
I said love is in bloom!
You're starting a life and making room, For us!

Everypony started dancing to this. Pinkie and Wild, Soarin and Rainbow, Spike and Sweetie, all were having fun. Flash even spotted Trixie and Script together. Everypony was enjoying themselves as the second verse started.

(Twilight)
Your special day.
We celebrate now...the pony way.

(Flash)
Your friends are all right here.
Won't let, these moments disappear.
Because-

(Both)
Love is in bloom!
A beautiful bride, a handsome groom.
I said love is in bloom!
You're starting a life and making room, For us!

(Iron, Heather and First)
For us... For us... Aaaaah...

Eventually, the song came to an end and the crowd continued to cheer. As it did, Shining and Cadance were now about to head off to their honeymoon. They were walking over to a guard drawn carriage, where Flash and Twilight were waiting for them.

Shining smiled at the two. "Twily, Flash. None of this, could have been possible without the two of you. Love you guys."

Twilight and Flash smiled back, only for Twilight to rub up and hug her brother. "Love you too, BBBFF!"

As they both hugged, Shining look up and smirked at Flash, "Oh no you don't," Shining grabbed the pegasus and hugged him as well.

"Okay, okay..." Flash laughed before hugging back.

Shining pulled away and got into the carriage with Cadance. "Ready to go?"

Cadance was about to nod, only to hop in place and looked down in the carriage. "Oh, almost forgot." She hung out the window and tossed her bouquet towards a group of mares. "Heads up everypony!"

"IT'S MINE!" Everypony heard Rarity scream as she pushed passed the other mares and grabbed the flower arrangement. The fashionista smiled down at the bouquet, only to see the other mares glaring at her, making her laugh nervously.

Her friends all laughed at this while turning toward the carriage as it was pulled away. "Now this, was a great wedding."

"Oh yeah," they all turned to Spike, who had an especially big grin on his face. "Just wait until you see the bachelor party."

They all laughed once again, soon turning to watch the carriage disappear into the distance. Once it was gone, the lot of them found a table to rest after their particularly trying day. As they did, Springer and Luna walked up to the table, where Flash quickly gave him a hug.

"Hey buddy!" Flash said as he continued to the hug. "So good to see ya!"

"Hey Flash." Springer replied, barely returning the hug.

Feeling this, Flash ended the hug and leaned down, a look of concern already on his face. "You okay buddy?" Flash then saw the slight frown on Springer's face. "What's wrong? Did you not find another jakhowl?"

"I uh...well, a lot happened Flash." Springer muttered, slowly turning back to his seat. As he did, Flash wanted to reply, only for a hoof to appear in front of him. It was Luna, who gave him and the rest of the group a stern stare.

"Allow me to explain. I went to my sister over what we found while you were having the party and it is very....disturbing news." The others all shared a quick glance, they didn't like the sound of that. Seeing this, they all settled in their seats, Flash keeping a wing of Springer as he sat down beside him.

One tale later...

"A Trickster?" Twilight asked in amazement once the story finished. She began rubbing her chin in thought. "Hmmm...I think I remember seeing one of those in the same book we used to find out about Springer."

"Indeed." Luna sighed, shaking her head. "They are a crafty, vile lot. As you can see, though they are like the changelings you fought today, their abilities can be considered to be much more dangerous. After all, it only took one of them to throw that entire town into chaos."

"Hold on," Flash waved his hoof before pointing at his partner. "This...'Trickster' thing attacked Appleloosa and the Dragon Lands just to get after Springer? Why?"

Luna let out another sigh. "It is in the Trickster's nature to do this. Tricksters are...they have always been creatures that prey upon the jakhowls and vice versa. They are two species that are always in conflict." Luna then bit her lip as she said her next words, "And it seems this Trickster is especially nasty. He caused some serious trouble for us in Appleloosa."

"That's worrisome." Twilight commented, giving Springer a soft glance as she saw that he was still depressed. "Are you okay Springer?"

"I'm uh...I'll be okay." Springer muttered, staring at the table. "I just wish I beat him...but instead, I failed and-"

Flash shook his head before grabbing Springer, hugging him fiercely, "Don't you dare say that! You did your best buddy, that's all we can ask from you!"

The others nodded in agreement while Luna patted Springer's head, "Indeed. Your friends are correct Springer." She then gave him a playful nudge and wink, "Besides, I made sure not to tell them of your...new ability."

"New ability?" Flash leaned back before cocking an eyebrow. "What's she talking about buddy?"

"Oh yeah, almost forgot about that..." Springer admitted as he raised his right paw, "Watch this." Clenching the paw, three white dagger-like appendages appeared over the paw. The others all leaned back at the sight, surprised at the sudden power while Springer just chuckled at their reactions. He gave Flash a cocky smirk before saying, "Like it? I call it 'Steel Paw'."

"Whoa...that is cool buddy." Flash said while nodding. "Its like...you have a metal claw on your paw. That's wicked."

"I know." Springer then retracted the move, giving the paw a glum look. "Unfortunately, I can only summon it in my right paw right now." He gave Flash a big smirk, "Guess that means more training, eh?"

"Sounds good to me." Flash laughed back, patting his partner's head.

"Ugh, you two are such meatheads." Twilight commented while rolling her eyes. "We just finished the wedding and you're already talking about training."

"Same to you bookworm." Flash barked back, sticking his tongue out. "Pretty sure you're ready to go hide yourself in the library, reading twenty books before talking to another pony."

"What?! Why you little-"

As the two just decided to start bickering, Luna gave the others a curious glance before asking, "They still haven't figured it out, have they?"

"Nope." Everyone replied in unison.

"And it'll never change." Springer added as he leaned back in the chair, his glum look returning.

As it did, Flash stopped and hugged his partner again. "Hey! Cheer up buddy. Stop looking so down in the dumps."

"But-"

"Don't think for a second that that town being under attack is your fault." Flash interrupted, "Its Shade's fault that he attacked the Appleloosa. Besides, if he ever shows up again, we'll stop him. Especially now that I've mastered the Theta State."

"I'm still amazed you can do that," Twilight told him with a slight huff.

Rainbow nodded in agreement. "So, can you like...go in and out of it?"

"Pretty much," Flash replied with a shrug. He blinked and his eyes returned to the blank whites, showing he was in the Theta State again. He then blinked again and they were back to normal.

"Freaky," Applejack muttered, almost leaning back from the sight.

Twilight agreed. "It's like your switching it on and off like a light switch."

Fluttershy looked at her confused. "What do you mean?"

"The Theta State shouldn't be so easily achieved," Twilight explained while giving Flash a fixed glare. "Even for somepony who's done it before, it shouldn't mean that they can go in and out of it like Flash is."

Pinkie scratched her head. "So, its like he's got some kind of...Theta...Mode?"

"Theta Mode," Flash thought this over before smiling. "I like it. Alright, Theta Mode it is."

Twilight let out a slight huff. "But that doesn't explain how you're able to do it."

Flash just shrugged. "At this point, I'm just rolling with it. What matters is, we managed to stop the changelings and Cadance and Shining got their happily ever after. I'm good for now."

The others agreed, with Twilight eventually doing the same. They may have another mystery on their hooves, but for now, they would just enjoy the happy ending they had worked so hard to achieve.

-The End-

Author's Note:

Another chapter of the Flash Sentry Chronicles comes to an end.

What did you guys think of Flash's new ability?

Flash Sentry and all his friends will return in Crystal Darkness.

Comments ( 8 )

Then, Fluttershy's birds began playing the wedding march as the doors opened and the crusaders skipped inside while throwing flowers along the ground. Flash smirked at seeing his usually tomboyish sister in a dress.

To quote Applejack, "Mah little sister is growing up. " Yeah, that was a bit of a missed opportunity. Oh well, everything else was excellent.

Flash felt the tight grip around his throat, preventing him from breathing. But even so he would not let her intimidate him. "You're describing a dictator, not a queen."

:facehoof: No, Flash, just no. A queen is a female monarch, a dictator is one who rises to power via speech and once in power dictates (hence the title) what happens.

Nice for Luna to have a reason not to be there, although, it would have been nice for Luna to comment, that they'll be late for a big event during the Springer chapter.

So Flash can now go Super Saiyan, :ajbemused:

Well, I wonder how things will fear down the road.

Another great story. I like how we get to meet Thorax and Pharynx early. Yet another mystery surrounding Flash and his Theta Mode. I thought the Theta State, from how it was described, reminded me of Ultra Instinct but now Flash can enter it and exit it at will. Hopefully it will be helpful down the line.

By the way, since season 3 is only half as long as the other seasons does that mean when you get to season 3 it will only be 10 chapters long?

8793369 Oh don't worry. I have plans for season three. (Evil laugh)

Hey that was cool with you having Thorax get found out by Flash like that and then Chrysalis talking about punishing him in front of Flash and the other members of the Mane 6, I wonder what the girls will think of Thorax if they were to meet him before the episode chapter when he showed up in the Crystal Empire.

Another great ending to another great story. :twilightsmile:

I loved how you involved Thorax and Pharynx this early on and how Flash is now able to use the Theta State whenever he wants; it'll be interesting to see how that'll help him out later.

Overall I'm super excited and I can't wait for what you have in store for the Crystal Empire and season 3 arc!:pinkiehappy:

TAKING ON BIG TREATS ON YPU CAN BE A PROBLEMBUT NOT AS HARD WHEN YOU HAVE FRIENDS BY YOUR SIDE.

10188044
That means that including Heather and First there were never fourteen which is something the text doesn't make very clear.

Login or register to comment