• Published 16th Jul 2012
  • 4,441 Views, 145 Comments

Surrender - Saekwaka

  • ...
9
 145
 4,441

Ch. 4: Twilight and Rarity

Twilight Sparkle's Notes

This is the fourth day I've recorded every event of every day in this journal. Rarity told me it would help keep track of the day's events while keeping the frustrations down to a minimum. I must say, though, that while I trust my friend's judgement, it hasn't been working. I still worry, and I still pace. You know, I'm not always so sure for the psychological reasoning behind pacing. I suppose it could have something to do with the steady rythym; then again, it could also be a result of nervous energy. I really haven't decided yet.

9:00-9:31AM: Ate Breakfast - Oats-Meal.
9:32-11:15AM: Searched and studied The Internal Wonders: Ponie's Guide.
Results: None that were satisfactory.
11:16-11:41AM: Ate Lunch - hay, water.
11:43AM-3:25PM: Searched and studied The Mysteries of Drakes.
Results: None that were satisfactory.
3:2PM-Unknown: Woke up on top of the book Opening the Gaps after studying it for an untimed period. Within that period, I have confirmed my results to be unsatisfactory.

All of my days have been like that. I can't find the answer. There's nopony that seems to know. I don't want to ask Celestia for help; not yet, at least. Perhaps my Zebra friend may know a solution to this. Or, Perhaps not. Whether there even is one in these books remains to be seen. Speaking of "seeing" things, I haven't seen Spike around today. I hope he's okay.

Lately, I've noticed that Spike seems to hold a substantial amount of anxiety. I guess I'm not the only one with an alarm system ringing in my head, but before Hearts Warming, Spike was pretty low on energy; more so than usual. I know he's lazy a lot of the time, but this lack of energy seemed DIFFERENT somehow.

Oh no. What if he knows? He couldn't possibly... Dear, sweet Celestia, Spike will lose it if he were to ever find out! He'd hate me, hate Ponyville, hate everything! I could never hope to find him if he left. I could never hope to find his old self. I could never...

I guess that's why I need to keep hoping on what is possible. There's a chance that I can do this. There's a chance that I can turn this experiment into a success. But it's so far away, it's kind of hard to reach; kind of like how each time I look through my telescope, I can see each planet, each constellation, but I still won't be able to truly know until I can do more than acknowledge and treasure their distant existence...


Miss Rarity's Diary

The days are becoming longer, but they're not supposed to. With each passing second, I can hear a faint *tick!*

How the noise irritates me so. It's laughing at me, I know it. It all could be in my head. Remember, Rarity; remember what Twilight said. That could be creating the illusion of the sound, that could be the reason you're dreaming about clocks and you're becoming frightened at the sound of the stove or microwave. It's no reason to worry, it'll all be over soon.

How soon, I wonder? It's been so many years, it seems, since Twilight said the experiment was supposed to end. Key Words: supposed To. This is taking forever. Not to be crude, but prior to Pinkie Pie's parties, I am not fond of surprises.

Twilight had better end this experiment soon, or the experiment will end itself; and I will be the first to know of it, I'm sure!


It wasn't until much later that I managed to get my claws on these. I hate surprises, too, Rarity; and that's why I will never forget this. It's kind of odd, though. They wrote this a long time ago, and I can understand not being able to fully comprehend everything then; but even now, I still feel like I'm missing something.