• Published 12th Sep 2017
  • 547 Views, 23 Comments

A Post Nuclear Interactive Story (Wars of Change - Shadows of the old world) - Soviet_Pony_Need_OCs



'Fire Tan' A former Red guard marks-mare finds herself in a post cold war nuclear Apocalypse world, after finding her former commander 'red shine' she finds her self in the midst of an invasion on USA mainland.

  • ...
15
 23
 547

Chapter One page seven The Tone from the grave

Chapter One

Page 7

The Tone from the grave


A new day had arrived and after informing and the group felt overjoyed after hearing the news of the newly found vehicle, Hammer Will consulted the group that he can drive and that there are enough fuel in the car already for them to go long enough that they will reach the next little town or whatever awaits them down the road.

‘’With that car and if we get lucky with finding fuel we can reach Leningrad in maybe a few more days, and with enough food I think we are set for success!’’ Hammer Will said to the group gladly.

As the group moved towards to car and began to move their belonging on to the olden moskvitch. Fire Tan pulled Hammer Will from the group and asked.

‘’You did check the security office right?’’ Fire Tan said slightly concerned. ‘’We could use everything we can find.’’

‘’I thought you checked that!’’ Hammer Will replied almost with a tone of surprise.

After a moment of thought he realized her situation and decide to go check it for himself.

Good Luck for Hammer Will again, the keys he had were useable on every security office in the OMID (Outer Moscow Industrial District), and as it would seem that this town’s population was decimated, as the armory remains untouched and is still full of weapons, unfortunately for him though is that although this armory well stocked, the heavier weapons were locked with a gun lock, and sadly that lock required a different key than the one that Hammer Will had.

‘’Guess my luck just had to run out.’’ He sighed, but realizing he could still pick up some ammo, he stocked up some more 7.62x51 SVT-40 rounds and 7.62x25 Marekov rounds, as a bonus two more Marekov Pistol was found, content with the fact that he can now fully arm every one he went back to the car and after a quick training session where He taught Mr. Tommislav and Ms. Tommniov how to arm the gun, reload aim etc. Skills that the common folks usually don’t have as the Union had banned the common use of firearms.

Finally sure it was time to leave they got on the moskvitch and fired it up. With a crisp ramming sound the car roared to life, and they group drove towards the end of the town.

Just as they were about to leave the town, a stallion walked up the road, the group prepared or at least tried (the two civilians) for a hostile. But upon getting closer, the stallion became clear, a brown bodied stallion with a messy white mane, dressed in a duster and a shirt, on his head was a navy cap, with the black sea navy logo on it, and on his belt was a Nagant Revolver. He looked like an older fella.

The Stallion waved at them and Hammer Will told the group to act calm, after driving closer and stooping by him, Hammer Will rolled down the window.

‘’Isn’t that just nice? Another ALIVE pony… oh wait ponies, you got yourself a nice group there, and the mare in the side seat she yours?’’ He said with a deep but friendly tone as he walked closer and set his hooves on the car door. ‘’Nice car, where you find this?’’

‘’Good day to you comrade! I’ll answer those two question, no she is no-pony’s mare and we found that car in the ruins of the General store garage.’’ Hammer Will said with a tone mixed with both uncertainty and caution.

‘’How about ya get off and we have a chat, haven’t been days since I’ve talked to some-pony else.’’ The Stallion said and signalled the group to get off the car.

In caution Fire Tan whispered to Mr. Tommislav and Ms. Tommniov to stay inside the car and make sure that they are prepared.

As Hammer Will got off the car, although uncertain about the stallion he tried to be casual. They sat down by the car and the stallion pulled out his flask and drank from it. As he is doing so he heard a *click* in the car. His ear twitched but his expression didn't change, all he did was he quietly put down his flask and screwed it back close and placed it back into the coat, as he was doing so he intentionally lifted the coat a bit to reveal the revolver.

‘’Marekov, a bit rusty on the safety the click sounds a bit soft. In the back seat of the car eh? So much for hospitality here.’’ He said with a faint simile. ‘’Anyway I came from Odessa if you can’t tell that from my hat, got caught up in this and well I came here with my partner, what about you?’’

‘’I was stationed in the 5th factory district of the OMID, we are at the 6th one right now. Had to walk quite a way to this place, how is the rest of the country.’’ Hammer Will replied.

‘’Oh the rest of the country? Well it’s either burned or in chaos. All the news station are down, at least the ones in Moscow. The cities either fell or are in martial law, I heard the Kremlin is now secured by a bunch of crazy KGB officers and the premier is nowhere to be found. For me? That doesn’t matter now, we are heading for the lower parts and gonna try to settle there and sit this though.’’ The stallion said as he kept his causal mood.

‘’Why did Marekhail Gormanechev start this war anyways? I thought he wanted a peaceful solution.’’ Hammer Will asked.

‘’Welp, she wasn’t in control of this, the KGB had been trying to undermine her since she got on, and after the Coltan Missile crisis, they leaped at the chance and started an already planned attack on Alaska and they were on their way to get rid of her when the whole war started, Marekhail didn't even understand what happened, she thought the Americans launched an attack and with that the world ended, apparently some-pony mistook a balloon launch for a missile, stupid eh?’’ The stallion finished and stood back up, ‘’well that was a good chat, I should be going now.’’

‘’Thanks comrade.’’ Hammer Will said.

‘’Hold on a second, ya seen a mare here? I had her scouting her while I dealt with a camp down the road.’’ The stallion said.

It was that moment that Hammer Will felt extremely uneasy. ‘’I haven’t seen her comrade.’’ He sees the mare’s grave on the side of the car. ‘’at least he won’t know.’’ he thought to himself with relief.

Just then the stallion pulled out a hoof-held radio and called on it.

*BUZZ……….BUZZ* it came from the grave.