• Published 12th Sep 2017
  • 547 Views, 23 Comments

A Post Nuclear Interactive Story (Wars of Change - Shadows of the old world) - Soviet_Pony_Need_OCs



'Fire Tan' A former Red guard marks-mare finds herself in a post cold war nuclear Apocalypse world, after finding her former commander 'red shine' she finds her self in the midst of an invasion on USA mainland.

  • ...
15
 23
 547

Chapter One page ten Hind and the Find

Chapter One

Page 10

The Hind and The Find



‘’Damn that was close! Good one civilian!’’ Hammer Will said as he showed a sign of approval towards Mr. Tommislav as he came to a stop inside the tunnel out of the reach of the chasing Hind.

‘’Thanks comrade, that was close.’’ Mr. Tommislav said as he swept some sweat off and chuckled.

For one second it seemed as that the threat was over it was then until they realize that the tunnel is closed off by collapsed rocks, they were trapped with no apparent escape but the exit.

Before anyone had a chance to panic, Fire Tan said with a supposing calming voice but her shyness shows that she is nervous.

‘’We can wait, the Hind can’t. Once they run out of fuel then we are good.’’

‘’Yeah, she is right guys, we’re fine.’’ Mr. Tommislav said as he held Ms. Tommniov in his arms while trying to calm her down.

Just then Hammer Will realized that the roaring sound of the Hind isn’t going away, a thought flashed in his mind but unsure about it he told the group to get off the car. And before he knew it a blast ring of dust generated by the wind from the Hind’s propeller is seen by the entrance of the tunnel, he knew what that means, the Hind is going to lower itself down low enough that it can shoot any-pony in the tunnel making the group sitting ducks.

‘’Take cover!’’ Hammer Will called out to Mr. Tommislav and his wife while he turns around and tells Fire Tan to get to a nearby cement blockade for firing position.

The Hind slowly lowers itself just enough that the laser guided Gatling turret can cover the tunnel, the gun slowly turned with a mechanical grinding noise *Gak Gak Gak*, the sound was so familiar to the two veterans, back in the army they praised that sound as it meant that a 20mm auto cannon will soon shred their enemies, but this time? It’s pointing at them, after a few moment the Hind fired at the car and swiftly put it out of commission with ease.

‘’Damn it!’’ Hammer Will grunted, without telling Fire Tan he began to slowly move up while signalling Fire Tan to ceasefire.

Fire Tan tense over what Hammer Will was trying to do focused her aim on the laser pointer.

Dodging the laser and the sight Hammer Will slowly get close, just then the Hind seems to have given up as it began to elevate.

Not letting this one go, Fire Tan fired at the Hind, hitting its armor plate, angering the pilot, the Hind lowered and winded up the Gun, blasts of 20mms flew at Fire Tan’s cover. Fire Tan ducked down as she felt the pounding of the powerful 20mm rounds on her cover, it almost seemed endless suddenly it stopped it seemed to be reloading, Fire Tan looked up and found Hammer Will Besides the Helicopter.

Hammer Will, knowing how these things work fired a round at the window latch, and with a tug he pulled it open, the Helicopter system failed to understand why the latch was open in mid-flight and enabled emergency turning the alarms, the gunner confused was shot before he realized what has happened, reaching in Hammer Will attempted to shoot the pilot, in a panic the pilot lifted to full throttle, lifting the Helicopter into the air, and along with it Hammer Will, who is half inside and half hanging, the plane tangled in the air like a untamed mustang, until the panicking pilot finally crashed it, as the pilot crawled out of the Helicopter, Hammer Will held her by gun point.

‘’I surrender Comrade! There is no need!’’ The mare pled in panic, as the group gathered, Fire Tan walked up.

‘’What should we do?’’ Fire Tan said with her rifle at hand.

‘’Maybe we can get some information from her.’’ Hammer Will thought, tossing her to the ground, the gun was still held at her head.

‘’Talk NOW, if I’m not impressed with what I hear from you, then you’re dead.’’ Hammer Will said with a sense of bloodlust.

The mare panicked and started to tear up, her words were muddy and unrecognizable.

‘’Give her some rest, then we ask her, she seems to be cooperating.’’ Fire Tan said to Hammer Will as she pulled the stressed mare up and handed her some food.

The mare thanked and after a bit she told the group all she knew.

‘’I am- or was a pilot serving in the red army, my unit was sent to wipe out the rebel movement here, they called themselves ‘free Russia’ or something, anyways I thought you guys were rebels but now that I think about it, you guys didn't have a bandana, sorry about that civilians.’’ She said with a slightly more relaxed tone.

‘’CIVILANS? Are you blind? You are looking at the Commissar of the Moscow Industry district! And this here is the former Captain of the 14th Guards brigade, if I ever make it to your senior officer, you would have a LOT to explain for today!’’ Hammer Will said furiously.

‘’Wha~t?’’ The mare said until seeing the ranks on Hammer Will coming to a surprise she scrambled to stand at attention. ‘’2nd Lieutenant Red Glare at your service sir… SIR!’’ she said nervously.

‘’Whatever your discharged after this, now how do we return to your headquarter?’’ Hammer Will said still tense over the situation.

‘’Well we would have to go through the city and it isn’t good……’’

She said nervously.

‘’Coward, who bad could it be?’’ Hammer Will said.

‘’That bad.’’ she said as she pointed at the ruined city covered in smoke along with the constant gunfire that could be heard, the kremlin still stands proud over the horizon but the odd flag on it seemed unsettling.

With that they walked towards the city.