• Published 10th Sep 2017
  • 3,294 Views, 186 Comments

Is That How You See Us? - LightningSword



When Twilight lashes out at her journal's worst critics, one group of fans shows her how she'd gone too far . . .

  • ...
85
 186
 3,294

Friendship Journal Second Edition - Foreword

FOREWORD

To the readers of the Friendship Journal:

Thank you for purchasing the second edition of this book, which my friends and I worked very hard to craft in order to impart our knowledge and experiences onto you. This edition now features, written from memory, the inclusion of our experiences between the appearance of our palace to the most recent arrival of Countess Coloratura. Our missions, problems and lessons have been a very important part of our lives, and it was my hope that they would be an inspiration and a great help to you all, as well.

However, the actual response that this journal has elicited, has been an absolute disaster.

I am disgusted with the childish, disrespectful, and deplorable behavior exhibited by the readers of this book. The treatment of its authors (harassment, boycotting, stalking, verbal assault, and others) is the complete opposite of the purpose of this book, and to see such abominable behavior in its readers infuriates me to the point of shame and disgrace. If I had known every single mare and stallion in Ponyville would behave this way, this book would have remained a simple journal and I would not have had the short-sighted mind to publish it. I hoped that this journal would be given to ponies who understood us and deserved to know us and our adventures in friendship, but after seeing ponies engaging in the above behaviors after the publication of the first edition, I was clearly mistaken. For which you should be thoroughly ashamed.

This book was meant to bring us all together, not to tear us all apart. And it seems as though the only ones who care about that message are fillies and colts who see past our flaws as ponies and see the lessons we’ve learned for what they truly are. As it seems adult ponies are completely incapable of processing these lessons, this work is no longer suitable to be marketed towards you. It is for this reason that the additions to this edition of the journal are written with a young audience in mind.

Your support is appreciated, but your behavior will not be defended or condoned. Nor will your opinions about our songs.

Your faithful, winged Princess,

Twilight Sparkle