• Published 4th Sep 2017
  • 752 Views, 12 Comments

The Castle - Sliver Swirl



Cadance has just found out she is a distant relative to the Princess. She has just discovered her true heritage as a winged unicorn, but there is just a few problems. Cadance had has no clue how to be a Princess or control emotions

  • ...
 12
 752

The Meeting

Cadance loved the feeling of the wind under her wings. She could see the Castle much better from the sky.

She didn't know Canterlot very well and didn't want to risk getting lost and getting Nurse Bucket in trouble. So, Cadance decided to fly, for she could not miss the Castle from the sky. If she did, she would have been blind. Which meant she would be more different and more behind.

The Castle didn't have a landing pad, like she expected. Cadance knew they had a landing pad on the roof of the hospital in the village. She had expected that every expensive building had one.

But unfortunately, the Castle did not. She had to glide down, which was amazing. Cadance could feel the adrenaline pumping through her body. Which made her want to move faster and faster. Until it was too late, her wings and her mind weren't ready for last minute pull ups.

Cadance had never been one to try extreme stunts. She had been the pony who was hiding her wings. She wasn't ready for this, the wind pulled her wings apart and she could see the concrete, this was the end.

She closed her eyes in preparation, but a miracle happened. Cadance felt hooves wrap around her and pull her out of the danger. She opened her eyes and saw Jack!

"Ja-" Cadance tried to say, but Jack interupted her and began talking.

"Lady Dance, are you alright?"

"I'm fi-"

"Also where were you?, I woke up today and heard you were getting discharged and walking Twilight back home. So I went there and you weren't. Then flew back here just in time to see you nearly become a pancake. What were you thinking?"

"A pancake? What is a pancake?" Cadance asked, confused.

"Fine, you would have been flatted."

"So a pancake is flat?" Cadance asked, still confused. What was the point of something that was only flat?

"Forget the pancake. This is important, Cadance. Your life is important."

"I know my life is important, I was flying to the Castle and then I was gliding down. Its not a big deal."

"If you knew your life was important. You wouldn't be doing these crazy stunts! And of course this is a big deal! Now let me get us down."

"I can fly by myself, Jack."

"I know that, the question is whether or not you can be trusted to fly by yourself." Jack said, lowering them to the ground.

Cadance felt so very angry, but she then realised. What did she have to be angry about? Jack was trying to look out for her. He saved her life, and she thanked him by yelling it him. She had to make this right.

"I'm sorry, Jack. I didn't mean to make you worry can you forgive me, Sir Jack." Cadance said, using the puppy dog eyes.

"Of course, I can Lady Dance. But only if you forgive me too. I shouldn't had yelled or acted like a jerk." Jack said, his ears folding to his head.

"I forgive you, Sir Jack."

"Thank you, Lady Dance. Now where to my lady?" He asked.

"To Princess Celestia, Sir Jack."

"Let us go my lady. Hold on tight." Cadance wrapped her hooves tight around her brother and prepared for an adventure.

Jack was an amazing flier, and he glided better then she did. He could do tricks and fly really fast. He was much better then her.

He pulled up last minute from the concrete and then headed towards the enterance. Cadance could guards there, she hoped they wouldn't give them any trouble.

Jack tried to zoom past th em, but was stopped by the two Pegasi wings. "What is your purpose?" One of the guards asked.

Cadance decided to take charge and answer there question. She unwrapped her hooves from Jack and jumped off his body. Once she was on the ground, Cadance made sure she was looking the guards straight in the eye.

"We are here to visit, Princess Celestia. I am her niece, Lady Cadance, and this is my guard and servant Sir Jack. We need to get to that meeting, immediately." Cadance said, flaring her wings to show both her horn and wings. She hoped they would let them through.

They both immediately dropped into a bow once she finished speaking. "Forgive us, my lady. The Princess did inform us that you would be arriving. But for safety reasons, I'm afraid you must answer a question correctly if you wish to pass."

"I'm fine with that."

"Where did you just go?"

"I went to Twilights house to drop her off."

"And why were you dropping her off?"

"Because her parents couldn't pick her up."

"I see and who are her parents?"

What? Cadance thought, how was she suppose to know. Twilight had only mentioned her mother not her father and Cadance had only met the mother.

"I....ahh....."

"We are waiting." The guard said.

"Twilight Velvet is the mothers name, but I have never met the father." Cadance said, honesty.

"You pass, Lady Cadance."

"But, I didn't know the fathers name."

"You weren't expected to. The father is on a business trip."

That made sense, Cadance thought. That was why Twilights father couldn't pick her up. She hoped Twilight knew that and didn't think that her father was neglecting her.

"Ok, can you let Sir Jack and I pass now?" Cadance asked.

The guards nodded and lowered their wings. She entered the Castle with Jack right behind her, "Do you know where Princess Celestia is?" She asked Jack.

"Not really, I have heard that the throne room is in the middle of the Castle."

"Where you hear this?" Cadance asked, maybe they could help them.

"Just from some of the doctors talking."

"I guess, we can't ask them fir help. I don't know where the clinic is? Do you?" She asked Jack, who shook his head.

"Every hall and corridor looks the same. Hopefully we find somepony soon." Cadance said.

The duo walked in circles for a very long time until she heard Jack say something, "look Lady Dance, we are saved."

Cadance looked over to where Jack was gesturing and saw a small coat. He had a white coat and a golden mane. "Maybe we can ask him for help?" Cadance said.

But before she could move Jack blocked her way with one of his dark blue wings. "Jack, what are you doing?" Cadance asked.

"Look." He said, Cadance pushed down Jacks wing and looked at what the small colt was doing. He was gardening and planting flowers. The small colt looked as if he was concentrating very hard.

"I think we might be intruding on something, Lady Dance. We best find another pony." Jack said, pushing her with his wing.

Cadance agreed with Jack, she didn't want to disturb the colt.

It took them along time, but eventually they found another pony. She was a servant, who offered to escort them to the Princess.

The entire journey, Cadance could not get that pony out of her mind. Why was he trying so hard to plant flowers? What was the special meaning?

"Cadance." Jack called, "we're here." He said, pointing to the large golden doors. Cadance didn't even know doors could be that large.

"Miss Cadance." Cried a voice, Cadance looked towards the direction she saw it come from and saw Nurse Bucket.

"Nurse Bucket? What are you doing here?" Cadance said.

"I was stalling the Princess for you so you could walk the little filly home."

"Thank you, Nurse Bucket."

"Its no problem, Sweetheart." Nurse Cadance said, she then turned to Jack and continued talking. "Now who is this handsome stallion? Is he your coltfriend?" Nurse Bucket asked.

"Ewww, he is my brother and I don't want a coltfriend."

"Whatever you say, dear. You know Miss Cadance was so worried about you. Everday she would ask the doctor whether you were okay." The Nurse said.

Cadance felt her cheeks go red, how did Nurse Bucket know that? She was tempted to pull her wings over her face to hide her embarrassment.

"Its okay, Lady Dance. I already know you can't live without me." Jack said, using his wing to pull Cadance closer.

Cadance was about retort, but another pony began speaking, "as touching as this moment is, Princess Celestia is expecting Lady Cadance. You can't keep her waiting."

"Forgive us Inky Quill, I just wanted to make sure Lady Cadance was ready."

"Of course, you were. But you have somewhere else to be. Like changing the sheets on a bed ir helping some pony go to the toliet." Inky Quill said.

Nurse Bucket felt embarrassed, Cadance didn't know how she knew that though. She didn't look embarrassed. "Excuse me, Miss Cadance and Sir Jack. I must be going, if you ever need anything. I will be in the clinic."

"You must excuse her. Now Lady Cadance are you ready?" Inky Quill asked.

"I think so?"

"Good, now lets go."

Cadance and Jack followed Inky Quill but before they could enter. Inky Quill stopped, "what are you doing?"

"I'm following you." Cadance said, once again confused.

"Not you, Lady Cadance. I was referring to your little friend. He is not needed for this meeting."

"Sir Jack is coming." Cadance said, firmly before Jack could say anything.

"I'm afraid, Lady Cadance. That this meeting will be between you and Princess Celestia only. Even I, her most trusted advisor, will be outside."

Cadance wasn't sure what else to say, she turned and looked at Jack. He was nodding his head and pushing her away.

"Will you look after him, while I am inside?" Cadance asked, Inky Quill.

"Of course, my lady. We will both wait here until you come back."

"Thank you." Cadance said, she took a deep breathe and opened the door. It was time to begin.


Inside, was very different from the outside Cadance thought. The throne room was massive, it was had little furniture beside the massive golden throne. There was not much else worth noticing.

On the massive throne was Princess Celestia, reading a long scroll. Cadance was unsure what to do, should she interupt the Princess?

Cadance had only spoken to her once. She decided to merely stand there and was wait for the Pr- her Aunt to notice her.

She stood there silently, and felt like forever until Princess Celestia looked up from the piece of paper.

"Cadance! What a surprise!" Celestia said, placing the scroll down and stepping out of her throne. "It is so good to see you! Tell me how are you?" The Princess said, with a giant smile.

"I am fine, Princess Celestia."

"Its not Princess, remember. We are family, family do not use titles. Call me Aunty Celestia. " Celestia said.

Cadance nodded her head, not saying a word. "Great, then lets have tea in the garden."

"But I thought we were staying here." Cadance said, she didn't want to leave.

"Everything will be fine. If we are gone too long, Inky has orders to escort your friend to a room."

"But-"

"Come on, Cadance. I wanted to discuss some things with you privately." The Princess said, walking off.

Cadance could have turned back and gone to Jack. But she had things she wanted to discuss with the Princess to. She had a choice to make, she just hoped she made the right one.

She decided to follow the Princess out a side door to the garden. Cadance would leave here, unless she was a Princess. Unless she had the money to save her family.

With that in mind, she walked through the small door. Hopefully, everything would turn out okay.

Author's Note:

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all enjoyed and thanks for reading.

Sliver Swirl.

Comments ( 1 )

Definitely doing a fine job growing the story. You're also getting noticeably better with grammar and spelling. (]There has not been a point where grammar nor spelling has disrupted the flow of the story. However I do think it worthy to share how you are showing continued signs of improvement as you develop your stories.)

You've certainly done a great job in creating a unique background for Cadance. You've also done well in showing how her personality naturally puts her as one who wishes to give and share love. This chapter had a great moment between her and Sir Jack.

Sir Jack is also a very well developed OC. Making OCs work is not easy. Well done on making him a truly believable part of the MLP Universe. :)

Login or register to comment