• Published 27th Dec 2011
  • 1,414 Views, 10 Comments

Twinkle Tonight - Dumakey93



One brony may save all of Equestria from Discord's madness.

  • ...
7
 10
 1,414

Moonlight Princess

My eyes closed for an instant, as my body slowed down once more. I felt nauseated and pale. Despite this, I managed to keep myself on both feet. The night surrounded me, as I fell into darkness...

I felt better as I awoke from my slumber.

"Where the hay am I?"

I was surrounded by stars and comets of all sizes, in a relatively enclosed space. I seemed to be floating in midair, but I could sense ground a few feet below me. My body wouldn't move on its own, as I tried to move them in any way possible. My muscles creaked from the strain of moving anything.

I heard a faint echo, "It seems that you are awake. We have suspended you in time for a brief moment to discuss something important with you."

I didn't take notice of the voice, as I was still trying to move.

The voice was all around me, I couldn't pinpoint who was trying to speak to me. I could only guess at who the voice was coming from.

I called out, "Luna? We have come to rescue you! Or...at least that's what we tried to do anyway..."

"We know of your valiant efforts to rescue me, but alas, it is you who needed to be rescued. We have known of your potential power that is locked away. It is more powerful than our own, but it is very dangerous to use. You have the power to use a type of magic that existed long before we were created. This magic is called 'Imagination', which you have an abundance of. You can create anything or be anything, you just need to have accelerated training."

"How are we supposed to do that?"

"Try listing ideas in your head, and combine them to make something."

"I dunno, I have too many ideas in my head as it is, if you tell me to make something of that, I might fail."

"You will only fail if your heart isn't in your creation. Make anything you wish..."

I started thinking of a basic weapon, an assault rifle. I started to visualize the bullets, stock, sights, magazines, I even added a silencer and an attached grenade launcher.

"Alright! Now all we need is a target range..."

As soon as the thought came to mind, several moving targets appeared. I imagined myself as a war veteran, with over twenty years of combat experience. I took the fifty targets down in under thirty seconds.

In about an hour, I became adept at the 'Imagination' magic. All I needed to do now was to return to the aid of my friends.

Princess Luna smiled, "We are proud of you, now go..."

"What about you, Luna?"
"Hmm?"
"The whole purpose of us coming to Canterlot was to rescue you!"
"We are not sure that you'll find us very useful against the Discorded Mane Six..."
"That's all the more reason for you to join the fight, we need all the help we can get!"
"Alright, we will join you, despite the odds of our defeat..."
"Thank you Luna. Now, let's get crackin'!"

Time began to flow again, as I returned back to the charge, where everypony else was frozen in time. Luna looked at the Mane Six and sighed. I knew that she took notice that the Mane Six were now the 'bad guys', a totally opposite scenario of the Nightmare Moon incident. The two of us waited for time to pass normally, focusing on the battle to come.

My body began to recover from its earlier wounds. I was back to myself again.

Time resumed, as my body moved at a blazing speed. This was the perfect scenario to test out my ability. My brain worked and my body seemed much looser. I took deep breaths, and focused my energy into the fight.

The leader is the most crucial element of the Six, so I have to get rid of her first. The first step is to isolate her and her magic abilities. A shield covered the left side of my body, to negate any magical attacks.

Twilight stopped in her tracks, "My, my! A magic negating shield, how original!"

I ignored her, as I charged a her straight on. She easily teleported out of my reach when I got close to her. A tranquilizer gun formed in my hand, with the gun already loaded. I kept it hidden behind my shield, as I chased her around the hill. She fired several beams of magic, which burnt the grass around me to a crisp. I sat down on the grass, and closed my eyes, relying on my other senses to help me. I could hear her hooves, as she charged me head on, which was risky for any normal pegasus. I opened my eyes to see Twilight's horn only a foot away from my face. I kicked her in the face with my legs, as I heard a mild crunch of her nose breaking. She flew several feet upwards, where she had no control of where she would fall. In that instant, I fired a dart right between her eyes, knocking her out instantly. She landed with a light thud, as I turned to face the others.