• Published 27th Dec 2011
  • 1,413 Views, 10 Comments

Twinkle Tonight - Dumakey93



One brony may save all of Equestria from Discord's madness.

  • ...
7
 10
 1,413

Blush Rush

Author's Note: Purely character development...and some plot of course.

The sun rose slowly that morning, and so did Ian's group. The group did not see Ian in his bed, so they searched all over the place. There was no sign of him leaving the place on foot. All that they saw were hoofprints leading toward me, an obvious giveaway, as I looked at the rising sun. I had a lone cigarette in my mouth, and a pair of aviators covered my eyes. I noticed the group approaching me, and decided to let them ask questions first.

Dr. Whooves knew that Ian had switched with his pony counterpart, but decided not to tell the group as of yet. He called out to the stallion, "Did you happen to see a human pass by a few hours ago?"

I ignored Dr, Whooves and kept puffing away on his cigarette. After a few seconds of rising tension, Spitfire burst full speed at me. I was not amused, having to spit out the remainder of my cigarette. "Woman, you interrupted my breakfast. You must want to be beaten down..."

Spitfire was soon stopped by Derpy, despite her being in a blind rage. Spitfire shouted towards me, "What did you do to Ian?! He wouldn't get up and just leave us, he has to help us save Equestria!" I just smirked, and laughed hysterically, "I AM Ian! Only I'm the stallion version of him." "What the hell is that supposed to mean?! Wha-"

"Enough, Spitfire...I'll explain what happened to everyone here..." Dr. Whooves said.
"Fine..."

So, after a few minutes of explaining the scenario, Spitfire now understood what happened.

"So, you guys switched roles, in different worlds right?"
"Yeah."
"That would prevent a collapse in the dimensions, since there aren't two of you in the same world..."
"Kind of like Back to the Future, if you put it in simple terms."
"What are you talking about?"
"Oh, nothing in particular...By the way, you guys can call me Montez, to avoid confusion."
"Yeah, I guess that makes it easier."

Dr. Whooves spoke again, "Did Ian explain our plan to you?"
"Yes, that's why he gave me his equipment and the bandanna you gave him. That's also why I just smoked a pack of cigs, to get in the mood."
"That's good, all we need to do, is infiltrate the castle, after the scouting is complete."

"I think he means us, Derpy. Let's go, if we're not back in a few hours, assume we've been captured."
"In other words, Plan B."
"That's right, Derpy. Now-"

Montez finished Spitfire's sentence, "We're Oscar Mike, move out..."
"Whatever..."
Derpy and Spitfire flew towards the castle, zooming in and out of the clouds to avoid detection.


POVC: Derpy

As we flew through the clouds, I took notes on the guards' positions and vantage points. Spitfire was silent throughout the trip. I tried talking to her, but she just turned away. I even tried giving her a muffin to cheer her up, but even delicious blueberry muffins have their limits. After an hour of scouting, she finally opened up, mumbling to herself.

"What's wrong Spitfire?"
"I...can't believe he just left us..."
"Why do you say that?"
"He could of at least left us a note or warned us of that switch thing..."
"But Montez said that it was spur of the moment. And besides, his world is in the same scenario as ours."
"That doesn't matter! I don't care about him, I care about the Ian!...Wait! That's not what I..."

Spitfire began to blush a bright red. "Well, it's not...umm...."
I smiled, "Listen, I know that you may have feelings for him, but right now we have a mission to do. Anyway, it'll come up when the time is right. This is between you and me, alright? Until you tell him yourself."

We had finished completing the scouting mission, having nopony see us. We flew back to our headquarters, promising that what happens in Equestria stays in Equestria.

POVC: Stallion Ian/ Montez

I stood up on all fours, as I saw the two mares approach us. "How was it? Did you get caught at all?"
Derpy answered, "No, we did not. Whenever you're ready to go..."
"Not yet, we shall wait until the night falls to attack."

I had the plan all ready and things were running smoothly. Now all we needed to do was wait...