• Published 27th Dec 2011
  • 1,413 Views, 10 Comments

Twinkle Tonight - Dumakey93



One brony may save all of Equestria from Discord's madness.

  • ...
7
 10
 1,413

The Gathering (Part Three)

It had been over a week since the invites were sent out, and we didn't get any responses. It was the day of the party, and random streamers covered various types of lab equipment. The preparations were really last minute, it's a good thing I found Pinkie's party cannon! The food was burnt cupcakes, because none of us could cook. I had wanted to bake muffins, but there were no more ingredients left.

Preparations aside, I wanted to scout out some random ponies in time for the meeting. I gathered my military clothes and headed outside. Doctor Whooves claimed that I would have to be "as nutty as a fruitcake" to go out there. I simply ignored him and ran out into the town of Ponyville.

Everything seemed normal enough, the skies were blue and houses weren't upside-down. Even so, something was off, I could sense it a mile away. "Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to go out on my own, I'd better turn back..." Just when I was turning to go, a yellow pegasi cut my route off.

"Excuse me miss, may I-"
"Pass? No. I don't think that I'll let you."
"But I have to..."
"That's just too bad, kid. Hey, that's a nice hat you have on. It would be a shame if it were to, I dunno, disappear!"

The yellow mare had flown above my head and reached for my hat. I had got it from my parents some time ago, and I wasn't about to give it up easily.

"I don't think so, Fluttershy."
"Wha- How do you know my name?"
"You honestly don't remember, tis a shame. You were so sweet and adorable, now you are a pathetic wench. Discord really turned you around for the worse, didn't he?"
"How do you...that doesn't matter. You seem too clever for your own good, Pinkie!!"

A sudden pink flash appeared in front of me, Meanie Pie.

"Yeah, what do you want, Flutterbi-"
"Hey, hey, hey! do you really think that the readers want to hear that word?" I interrupted.
"I don't care what they do...who are you anyway?"
"That is for me to know and you to find out- Hey! Give me my hat back!"

Fluttershy had taken my hat while I wasn't looking. Not that it mattered anyway, the trip seemed like a waste of time.

As I tried to sneak away, the two mares cornered me in an alleyway. They advanced on me with steady precision, not leaving any room for an escape. It seems I had to fight my way out. Knocking them out shouldn't be a problem. At least they aren't fast or powerful like RD and AJ, then I'd be in trouble. As I thought this I realized how wrong I was, as a sudden yellow streak came and hit me square in the jaw. I nearly blacked out from the impact, when Pinkie Pie kicked my "happy place" for good measure. Of course, the impact hurt like hell, but I stood strong. I staggered quickly past them, when Fluttershy tripped me and left me sprawled on the ground.

A smell of muffins filled the air, which kept me conscious and alert. I asked myself, "Could it be Derpy? I mean, who else would carry muffins everywhere..." My vision faded into blurry shapes. I slowly crawled away from Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, who were somewhat distracted by the smell of the muffins. I saw Derpy fly and land in front of the two mares, with a tray of muffins in one of her hooves.

"Hey, want a muffin?"
Fluttershy and Pinkie laughed in unison, "No, we don't, we hate muffins..."
Derpy suddenly snapped her neck towards her right side.
"YOU DARE INSULT MUFFINS?!!"
"Yeah, we do-"

Suddenly, Derpy smashed both of the mares' faces in with the muffins. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were knocked out instantly. Derpy flew over to me and asked, "You alright mister?" I was still in shock from her outburst. "Yeah...sure..."
"Do you want a muffin?"
"Umm....maybe later..."
"That's just too bad, because Lyra and I made them from scratch."
"Tell you what, once I get to see Lyra, we can go and eat the muffins at my place, deal?"
"Alright...Lyra, you can come out now."

A light blue mare appeared with a floating tray of muffins. She looked at me and was concerned for my health, hardly noticing that I was a human. "Hey, are you alright?" I responded with a strained, "Yes..." "You kinda look pale, are you sure you're alright?" I looked myself over and responded, "No, I am a bit damaged...just a tad though nothing to worry about..." As I said this, I noticed that Fluttershy and Pinkie were waking up. "Umm...we gotta go, follow me and run!!" The 3 of us ran as fast as we could out of Ponyville.

”Are they catching up to us?” Lyra asked.
"I dunno, but keep running, we mustn't stop for anypony!" I said
"I could do this forever!" Derpy said.
"Well you don't have to use your legs!!" Lyra and I screamed in unison.
"Oh...sorry..."

We never stopped running until we got to the meeting place. The place was in sight, and I breathed a sigh of relief. My body suddenly seized up from shock and I began to breathe erratically. Lyra and Derpy began to carry me towards the place, but I told them to stop.

"Hey...wait- call the Doctor over here and tell him it's happening again."
"Huh?"
"Just trust me on this one, alright?

A few moments later, Spitfire and Dr. Whooves came out and all four of the ponies carried me inside. Upon closing the door, Doctor Whooves began to strap me in a bed with leather straps. There were many straps for all my limbs, in light of the previous incident. He then began to sedate me, inducing a dreamlike state. My body seemed weightless, as I drifted off to sleep. This was interrupted by a strange figure who's face was blurred into a dark blue mist.

"We need your help...Celestia is gone and we are the only ones still aware of Discord's control."
"Wha..."
"There's no time, please, help us."
"Where are you?"
"We are everywhere that you look, you only need to call our name..."
"What is your na-"

The blue mist suddenly turned a dark blood red color.

"What the hell?!!" I shouted
A deep voice whispered out, "I shall take control of your body, John."
"My name is Ian! What do you want?"
"Remember the dark stallion in the Discord incident?"
"Yeah..."
"That...was me, or should I say, you."
"What the hell are you suggesting?"
"I am the stallion version of yourself, and I am trapped within your body."
"Kind of like..."
"Yeah, that...I have been waiting for you to notice my voice."
"Hmm..."
"Anyway, I am your instinct and true power, you must control me or I may cause your new-found friends harm."
"How do I go about doing that?"
"Follow the dark blue mist at night, that's where the answer lies..."

I began to wake up, just as the Doctor threw a bucket of water on my head.

"AHH!! THAT'S cold...did you really have to do that?"
The Doctor smiled and said, "Why yes, it was for science!"
"Never mind that, I have a new plan of action for tomorrow..."
"What is it?"
"We have to save Princess Luna."

All four ponies gasped at my proposition.

"But...that's insane!"
"Your asking to get yourself killed!"

"The one thing they won't expect only a few of us. They are the lion's den, where we must tread carefully. One wrong move and it's over. It will only take one person, me, to set her free. I have done this before, and have gotten no alert phases...er...I mean, no one spotted me."

The Doctor saw what I was getting at, "Seems like we have no other choice, John."
"Doctor, can you make a small earpiece for me, providing all of the contacts I'll need?"
"That's easy, I'll have it done by tonight."
"Good, Derpy!"
"Yes?"
"Can you scout out the entrance points and exits, and Spitfire will tag along too."
"Okay!"
"Lyra!"
"Yes?"
"How many years have you studied humans?"
"All my life, why?"
"Can you keep me from having a mental breakdown?"
Lyra hesitated, "Umm...sure...why not."

"Alright, all I need is a cool bandanna and a tranquilizer dart..."
"Here," The Doctor handed me a customized USP .45 with laser sights "don't even ask where or who I stole it from."
"Did you....never mind....Tonight we shall sleep and gather info on Canterlot's layout, is everyone clear on their duties?"

Derpy raised a hoof, "When do we get to eat my muffins?"
"Oh," I chuckled a bit, "might as well eat them now..."

With the plans laid out, all we had to do was to carry them out. With that in mind, I went to bed and so did the rest of the group.