• Published 27th Dec 2011
  • 1,412 Views, 10 Comments

Twinkle Tonight - Dumakey93



One brony may save all of Equestria from Discord's madness.

  • ...
7
 10
 1,412

The Ray of Hope (Part One)

Once I was set free into the light
Only to be set ablaze in the darkness
Only to be ridiculed and taunted
Once I was human
Now I am something...different...
**********

I entered the bar, stumbling for a stool and craving for the release. I noticed that there was no one excepted for a white-haired modest bartender. Her eyes reminded me of somepony I once knew. She only took a glance at me as she polished a glass. Her gaze sent chills down my spine, thinking of that ominous day.

Just one drink, I thought, to dull this pain. Repeating night after night and no end in sight. The land that I was supposed to save, crumbled in darkness and destruction. It was many months ago, yet I can see the fires again. While they suffered I could only watch and scream for it to be a dream. It seems to me that I am the last one of my kind. All those happy faces, are now...gone.

“C’mon, I need another drink!” I screamed. “No, you’ve had quite eno-” “NO! Do you not understand what I have gone through? They are gone!” The bartender was shocked and began to stammer slightly. “I will never forgive myself for letting everypony down. I ran away and that is a sign of a coward and a fool.” The bartender suddenly smirked and said to me, “You still have a chance to redeem your broken heart, Ian. I have the power to give you one chance to save all of Equestria.” I was struck aback at the sudden response. “How do you know of Equestria? Are you possibly-” “A brony? No. I am a character from the show.” “There must be a mistake, you can’t be here because you’re from another world. Unless you have a human form or somehow travelled into this world by magic.” “You are correct, I did use magic to be human. Now, may I tell you how to save Equestria?” “Yes, I want to see them again and help prevent...that...” “Alright, meet me outside in ten minutes and we’ll talk.”

I couldn’t believe it, I had another chance to save them. After that day, I cannot forget Twilight’s words as she sent me back home. She had said, “Ian, this was not your fight, I must send you back to your own world. I’m sure you will under-” “NO!” I had screamed, “I must not let you go! After all that we’ve been through, after all that we promised one another, you let it go? I will not accept this!” She had smiled at me and said, “You have a heart that hasn’t been tainted by fear, you must not see what happens to everypony. You must go...” I remember the purple mist surrounding me, as I was sent back home.

“It’s coming back to you isn’t it? My faithful student left you with hope inside your heart.” I was, yet again, taken aback. I responded, “You’re...Celestia, aren’t you?” “Why yes, I am. That’s beside the point, I need you to go back in Equestria and save them.” “Why don’t you go and help them too?” “I’ve been corrupted by the virus, so if I did go, I would become like Discord, and all of Equestria would be...” “I see, so it’s a one-mare job!” “No, you will go as a human. It seems that humans aren’t affected by Discord as heavily as ponies are. I will send you back before Discord reappeared. It may be a matter of months to hours before it happens. Whatever you do, do not contact the Mane 6, or it may cause drastic changes. There will be only one chance for redemption Ian. Are you ready for it?”
I scoffed for a second, then said, “Celestia, I was born ready, when do we begin?”
She smiled, “We begin...NOW!”

The magical cloud suddenly surrounded me and sent me back into Equestria.