• Published 10th Sep 2017
  • 2,029 Views, 144 Comments

Equestria Girls: Rebirth of Heroes - Time Agent pony



The world is undergoing an awakening, the heroes of the past, inspired by The Rainbooms heroism, decide not to follow the government's rules and continued their duties to the people of the world

  • ...
6
 144
 2,029

Chapter 6

The next day the girls and the teen heroes met up at Canterlot Mall, at the Sweet Snacks Café right next the Planet Krypton restaurant.

"That message last night reminded me of a cutscene from a videogame I played," Gwenpool said.

"Regardless of the message, we still can't do anything," Twilight insisted.

"Are you ready saying we should just sit back and do nothing?!" Rainbow Dash argued.

"We haven't even had proper training as heroes and we still don't know full extent of our powers," Sunset retorted.

"Are you serious?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, she pointed at Colossus, "he can turn his body into steel," she pointed at Quicksilver, "he can moved faster than the eye can see," she pointed at Ironheart, "she has a suit of armour," and finally she pointed at Gwenpool, "and whatever it is you do."

"Nice," Gwenpool replied, sarcastically.

Before Rainbow Dash could argue any further, Pinkie appeared with their food.

As the friends ate their food Rainbow Dash and Twilight were still thinking about which one of them was right.

"Even if we do become heroes," Applejack said, "what are the chances that we're going to get branded as vigilantes like the ones on the TV last night?"

"Applejack makes a good point," Starlight nodded.

Even Jean Grey nodded, agreeing with Starlight.

"Who cares what anyone else think about us," Rainbow Dash stated, "what matters is that we're using our powers to help people."

Twilight was about to answer, but was interrupted by explosion, coming somewhere outside.

The girls along with the teen heroes dashed outside to people fleeing in terror.

The course of the panic floated into view, Magnus a.k.a. Magneto along with St. John Allerdyce a.k.a. Pyro and Dominikos Ioannis Petrakis a.k.a. Avalanche.

"You humans think you can just lock us mutants away and forget about us?!" Magneto thundered.

"Yeah, you humans think you can push around," Pyro snarled.

"Freeze!" cried a police office as he and his men surrounded the three, pointing their guns at the villains.

"You dare command me, human?!" Magneto roared.

The police officers open fire on the three.

But the bullets seemed to freeze in midair and fall to the ground.

"You still challenge the Master of Magnetism?" Megneto said.

The police ran for their lives with Pyro firing off blasts of fire behind them.

The girls and the teen heroes watched all this happing.

"We need to get in there and stop them," Rainbow Dash said, quietly.

"Hate to say it, but Rainbow's got a point," Applejack agreed, "We need to stop those three from tearing up the mall."

Twilight, Starlight and Sunset nodded in agreement.

"OK, first we need to find a phone booth," Gwenpool said.

"What?!" everyone else asked.

"You know, a phone booth, so we can change into our superhero costumes," Gwenpool replied.

"There haven't been phone booth around here for years," Applejack said.

"Didn't those vanish back 98?" Quicksliver asked.

"More 1973 to be precise," Twilight added.

"Whatever," Rainbow Dash interrupted, "the point is we need to stop Magneto and his goons."

The Girls and the heroes talk was cut short, they turned to see Pyro and Avalanche advancing on some civilians, while Magneto watched.

"Prepare to feel the burn," Pyro laughed.

"Me and Sam will stall them until you guy get into costume," Mary said.

"Right, be careful," Rainbow Dash nodded.

"You know what they say," Pyro laughed, "when you play with fire you're gonna get burned."

"Hey, you bullies," Mary cried, "leave them alone!"

Both Pyro and Avalanche turned to face Mary and Sam.

"Oh, look, Avalanche," Pyro smiled, "fresh meat for me to burn."

"The only burn you're going to feel is from the flames of justice," Mary replied.

Megneto raised an eyebrow "You humans must have a deathwish," he nodded at Pyro and Avalanche.

Both Pyro and Avalanche advanced on the two teens.

"Ready?" Mary asked.

"Always," Sam nodded.

As the villain rushed towards them, "What was the word, again?" Mary wondered aloud, "MAZAHS, MAZAM...." Mary suddenly remembered "SHAZAM!" she cried.

In an instant a lighting blot shot from the sky hitting Mary, Transforming the moral Mary Batson into the invincible Mary Marvel.

Along with her, Sam Alexander donned his Nova helmet, transforming him into a operative of the Nova Corp.

"Nice trick kids," Pyro laughed, "but the two of you aren't enough to take us down."

"Then you won't mind us joining in?" a voice asked.

The three villains turned to see the girls and heroes, all powered up and in costume.

Magneto recognised Quicksilver immediately, "Pietro?" he said.

"Yeah," Quicksliver said, "hi Dad."

"HE'S YOUR DAD?!" Rainbow Dash cried, in disbelief.

"It's complicated," Quicksilver replied.

"Is this what you been reduced to?" Magneto continued, "allying yourself with our sworn enemy!"

"Your enemy dad!" Quicksilver shouted, "humans are your enemy!"

"You would stand with these humans rather than your own father?!" Magneto thundered.

"Theses humans are my friends," Quicksilver said, defiantly, "and if you want to get to them, then you have to go through me."

"So be it," Magneto replied, reluctantly.

He nodded to Pyro and Avalanche, "you know what to do." he said.

The two villains charged at the heroes.

"Do we have a plan?" Ironheart asked.

"Yeah, we stop the bad guys," Rainbow Dash replied.

"That does not sound like good plan," Colossus interjected.

"I have to agreed," Applejack nodded, "that doesn't sound like a plan at all."

"You got a better idea?" Rainbow Dash queried.

The girls and the heroes charged at Pyro and Avalanche.


Elsewhere

"Rogers message wasn't meant for you," Linda Lee, the wife of Robert Reynolds a.k.a. Sentry was saying, "this isn't your fight."

Robert said nothing, he continued to stare at a photo of him and other members of the Justice Force, in his hand.

His wife carried on, "you told me you gave the Justice Force everything and then it all fell apart. Why would you go back to being the Sentry?" she asked.

Robert's silence continued, as his mind went back 30 years ago.


30 years ago, just after the Darkseid/Thanos war.

The Sentry stood ready, Parallax had already taken out Captain America, Wonder Woman, Hulk and Hawkman.

Now it was down to him, the hero with the power of a million exploding suns.

There was the sound of fighting in the distance, making him head that way.

When he arrived, the sight that met his eyes was one of horror.

On the ground lay the bodies of the defeated heroes among others: Superman, Wonder man, Shining Knight and Black Knight.

The one responsible, stood over all the defeated heroes.

"Well, well," he smiled, "it's about time you showed up."

"Hal, you need help," Sentry said, "your not yourself."

"Hal?" the figure replied, "Hal Jordan is no more, you know me as Parallax."

Parallax advanced on Sentry, fists glowing with green energy.

"I'm not going to fight you Hal," Sentry responded, reluctantly.

"Well, then," Parallax smirked, "this should be over pretty quick."

Without another word Parallax rushed at Sentry, hitting him with enough force to send him flying into a nearby mountain.

"I will never fight a friend and ally," Sentry said, as he got back to his feet.

"Then that is you weakness," Parallax responded, "you won't dare hurt a friend."

Parallax raised his fist to strike Sentry again, "and you will die knowing, that for all your powers you won't be able to protect everyone from me." he laughed.

Parallax's fist came flying at Sentry's face, only for Sentry to catch it before it landed.

"If that's the way it has to be," Sentry said, slowly.

Before Parallax could react, he was hit by a powerful punch from Sentry.

"You know something, Parallax," Sentry commented as Parallax picked himself up, "I think I should thank you."

Sentry threw another punch at Parallax, sending him flying back.

"I feel like I live in a world made cardboard," Sentry continued, "always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone," Parallax threw a punched, which Sentry avoided, "never allowing myself to lose control," he carried on, "ever for a second or someone could die," he avoid another attack from Parallax, "but you can take it, can't you?" he said, throwing another powerful punch at Parallax, knocking him back, "what we have is rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am."

Sentry then proceeded to throw punch after punch at Parallax.

As he was about to land the final punch, Sentry was blasted back by a powerful energy shot from Parallax.

"But for all your powers," Parallax laughed, "you still live in fear that the public will never accept you, like they did Superman."

"No, I'm not jealous of Superman," Sentry replied, "in time the public will learn to see me as a hero like him."

"Do you really believe that?" Parallax smiled, "do you really think the public will forget your dark side?"

"The Void is dead," Sentry responded, "he will never control me again."

With that, Sentry flew straight at Parallax, fists glowing with energy.


Back in the present

Robert looked at the photo of the him with the Justice Force and then at his costume, hanging in a cupboard.

"Why would you go back to the Justice Force, after all you've been through?" Linda asked.

Robert looked at the photo and then looked his wife in the eyes, "I have been called," he replied, "and I must answer."