• Published 10th Sep 2017
  • 2,029 Views, 144 Comments

Equestria Girls: Rebirth of Heroes - Time Agent pony



The world is undergoing an awakening, the heroes of the past, inspired by The Rainbooms heroism, decide not to follow the government's rules and continued their duties to the people of the world

  • ...
6
 144
 2,029

Chapter 12

The Tower of Justice.

"Thanks for coming back of me and my teammates and saving us from the prison," Sam Wlison said.

"You know I would never leave my wingman behind," Captain America smiled.

The two old friends laughed with each other.

"I think this belongs to you," Sam replied, handing over Captain America original shield, "if there's going to be a Captain America in this world then it should be you."

"Sam," Captain America answered, speechless.

"Its time for the Falcon to fly again," Sam Wilson a.k.a. Falcon smiled, "I hope my old flight still works."


Elsewhere.

Parallax and his team were rounding up the final members for their injustice force.

"Thank you for accepting my invitation," Parallax said, as he looked over his latest recruits.

These being:
Dr. Doris Zeul a.k.a. Giganta.

Rudy Jones a.k.a. Parasite

Clifford Zmeck a.k.a. Major Force

Barbara Ann Minerva a.k.a. Cheetah

Owen Reece a.k.a. Molecule Man

Eobard Thawne a.k.a. Professor Zoom, the Reverse-Flash.

"Any opportunity to make the Flash's life misery," Reverse-Flash smiled, "I'm at you service."

"We all are," Giganta added, "we all want to get even with the Justice Force."

"And you shall," Parallax replied, "together we will make the people of earth remember what fear taste like."

A laugh erupted from Parallax, the members of his team looked at each other nervously, apart from Molecule Man who looked down right scared.


Inside of Hal Jordan's body

"Hello?" a voice called, "can anybody hear me?!"

"Hal Jordan...." another voice called.

"Why isn't my ring working?" the voice of Hal Jordan asked.

"Hal Jordan....." the other voice called again.

"Whats going on?!" Hal Jordan asked, "who are you?!"

"Who am I?" the other voice answered, "I'm you and you are me."

Hal turned to see a being who looked like him, he jumped back.

"You're me?!" Hal asked.

"In a way, yes," the being replied.

"What do you want?" Hal asked.

"What do I want?" the being asked, "I want what you want, vengeance for Coast City and all those innocent souls that were caught in the crossfire, you wanted that didn't you?"

"I did, but..." Hal answered.

"But? the being said, "what do you mean 'but'? Wait, you don't even know who I am, do you?"

"NO I DON'T!" Hal replied, "I don't know anything about you!"

The being smiled, "Well, now this might be easier than I thought," it laughed, "but I suppose you've been a good boy, so I suppose I owe you a bit of honesty, just call me Parallax."

"Parallax?" Hal asked.

"Indeed, the legendary embodiment of fear," the being answered," Well, I was, those foolish Guardians of the Universe had me imprisoned inside the central green power battery on Oa."

"But what do you want with me?" Hal queried.

"Why, Hal you still don't get it," Parallax replied, "I'm simply helping you, your the greatest Green Lantern and I'm the most powerful emotional entity, with me bonded to you my incurable power is yours to command, together I...arr," Parallax faltered, "I mean we, will make the whole world feel the true meaning of fear."

"I don't know," Hal said, "I do want to bring back Coast City and everyone I knew and loved, don't get me wrong, but this wasn't how I wanted it, all those innocent people who weren't even trying to hurt us.

"This world is full of insignificant fools Hal," Parallax continued, "they won't be a problem if you just trust me."

"Well, what about those heroes we encountered," Hal added, "what sort of business did they have with us?"

"As I said before," Parallax said, "embodiment of fear, neither you nor the any of the other so called heroes realise the true power I hold, I've been in the green power battery for far too long and it's high time this entire world learned who they should be afraid of."

"NO!" Hal cried, "I won't let you control me!"

"Why not?" Parallax demanded, "our goals are one in the same, are they not? Vengeance, revenge, retribution, it's all the same, few deaths here and there is well worth it to restore that which you desire, isn't it?"

Before Hal could react Parallax bond him in chain constructs, "well isn't it?!" he asked.

"Let me go!" Hal cried, struggling against the chains.

"Oh, thats right," Parallax smiled, "try and fight back, I enjoy a little struggle," he laughed, "your mind might be strong Hal Jordan, but I'm bonded to your body and mind."

"I may have wanted to bring Coast City, my loved ones and everyone else," Hal replied, "but this isn't what I have in mind."

Parallax laughed.

"No! No!" Hal cried, "this isn't what I wanted!"

"And yet it's what you got," Parallax replied, "you murdered the entire Green Lantern corp, took their power rings and then absorbed all of the energy from the central battery and bonded with me, you chose this path Hal Jordan."

"NO! NOOOO!" Hal shouted.

"Enough!" Parallax roared, "your giving me a headache and it's your mind after all."

"Please" Hal asked, "why are you doing this?"

"Haven't I already told you," Parallax answered, "I want everyone in this world to feel fear, thanks to you I've found just the host I need to do that and I'll be able to help you bring back those you lost, how do you humans say? Two birds with one stone."

"This isn't the way I wanted it!" Hal cried.

"Then let me ask you this, Hal Jordan," Parallax continued, "if you didn't want my power, then what drove you to bond with me? if not for you wanting to bring your city and those you love back, then what else? what led you to absorb the power of the central battery alone with me? Why bother bonding with me, if you are just get cold feet and back out like a coward?! But above all," Parallax paused, "what made you even think you could handle me?!

"I...I...I," Hal stammered.

"Ark," Parallax sighed, "this isn't getting anywhere."


Outside of Hal Jordan's body.

"The team is ready to move," Hyperion said, "we move on your order."


Inside of Hal Jordan's body.

Parallax smiled, "Well, well, it looks like I'm ready to go."

"No!" Hal cried, "I won't let you!"

"Oh, will you just shut up already," Parallax replied, "you need to learn to relax a little bit."

"We are almost alike you and I," he commented.

"NO!" Hal shouted, "I'm nothing like you! I don't kill to get what I want!"

"Says the man who murdered all the Green Lanterns, took their ring just to bring back a city and everyone in it," Parallax retorted, "what does that say about you?"

Hal collapsed to his knee, defeated, "Alright, let's go," he said.

"That's a good little hero," Parallax smirked.

He turned to leave, "oh and don't think you can take control anytime soon," he added "after all," he said, as he began to disappear, "I'm in the driving seat now and your just a whisper in the wind."

Laughing maniacally Parallax vanished.


Outside of Hal Jordan's body.

"Excellent," Parallax said, "we move out immediately."