• Published 10th Sep 2017
  • 2,029 Views, 144 Comments

Equestria Girls: Rebirth of Heroes - Time Agent pony



The world is undergoing an awakening, the heroes of the past, inspired by The Rainbooms heroism, decide not to follow the government's rules and continued their duties to the people of the world

  • ...
6
 144
 2,029

Chapter 11

Canterlot High.

"I can't believe it," Ms. Marvel gasped, "they loved us."

"More importantly," Sunset added, "we saved lives, working together we saved those people."

"We made the front page," Rainbow Dash said, bringing out a copy of the local paper.

"Young team of heroes," Mary Marvel read, "save civilians from infamous villains."

"We keep this up," Rainbow Dash smiled, "and we might become as famous as the Justice Force!"

"Simmer down, Rainbow," Applejack interrupted, reining in her friend's excitement.

While the others were talking, Twilight and Rarity motioned at Starlight.

As soon as they had all finished lunch the three girls met up in the band room before class started.

"Is it ready?" Starlight asked.

Both Twilight and Rarity both nodded, bringing out a costume and a case containing various gadgets.

Smiling, Starlight took both the items and put them in her locker. She couldn't wait to get back to Sunset's place and give the costume and gadgets a test drive.


Afterdark.

As Sunset Shimmer slept, Starlight Glimmer pulled on the costume, clipped on her utility belt and finally pulled on the mask.

"Look out criminals," Starlight thought as she looked at herself in the mirror, "here comes the Mare-Do-Well."

With that she opened the window and, using her grapple gun, swung off through the night.

It wasn't long before she came across her first criminal.

"Riddle me this," the Riddler was saying, "I stay with you all the day but not at night. What am I?"

"Please," a civilian pleaded, "I don't know."

"Oh, sorry," the Riddler smiled, "that's not the answer I was looking for."

He pointed his question mark shaped pistol at the civilian's head.

"I'm going to ask again," the Riddler continued, "riddle me this. When does yesterday come after today?"

"Stop right there," Starlight said. The costume's mask featured a voice modulator that made her voice sound deeper.

"Whats this?" the Riddler asked, as Mare-Do-Well dropped down into the allyway, "a Batman wannabe?"

"I'm far more different than Batman," Mare-Do-Well replied, "I am the Mare-Do-Well."

"I don't care whoever you are," The Riddler smiled, putting away his pistol and drawing his question mark cane.

Both the Riddler and Mare-Do-Well charged at each other, Riddler with his cane and Mare-Do-Well drawing her do-wellerangs.

Mare-Do-Well hurled the projectiles at the Riddler, who simply blocked them with his cane.

"Get out of here," Mare-Do-Well called to the Riddler's captives.

The civilians nodded and dashed out of the allyway.

"You'll pay for interrupting my riddle," Riddler growled.

Before the villain could react, one of Mare-Do-Well's do-wellerangs struck the wall behind him and exploded, causing the villain to be thrown forward, right into a knockout blow from Mare-Do-Well.

"Riddles were never my thing," Mare-Do-Well said, as she tied the Riddler with some rope.

From the skyline a figure in a blue trench coat watched as Mare-Do-Well left the scene.

After getting far enough away, Mare-Do-Well stopped on one of the many rooftops and looked out over the city.

"Beautiful isn't it?" asked a voice.

Mare-Do-Well spun round to see Denny Colt a.k.a. The Spirit.

"Sorry," The Spirit apologised, "Didn't mean to scare you."

"Were you following me?" Mare-Do-Well asked.

"I saw how you handled the Riddler," The Spirit replied, "I was thinking you and me could work together."

"Sounds nice," Mare-Do-Well answered, "but I work alone."

"Well," The Spirit smiled, "see you around, some time."

With that both the heroes went their separate ways.


Next morning at Sunset Shimmer's apartment.

Starlight came into the kitchen, it was late morning.

"Morning," Sunset greeted, "you slept in a long time, you not get enough sleep last night?"

"Something like that," Starlight replied, as she made herself some toast.

While Starlight had breakfast, Sunset continued to read the book she had been reading, a tell-all autobiography titled 'Under the Hood' written by Hollis Mason (the first man to take on the name Nite Owl in the 1940s)

After they had finished, both the girls headed to Canterlot Mall to meet the other girls and the rest of the Champions.


Unknown location.

Parallax, Hyperion and Cyborg Superman touched down outside a high-tech facility.

"Whats so special about this place?" Cyborg Superman asked.

"This is the place where the members of my team the Squadron Supreme are held," Hyperion replied.

"What say we give them a wake up call?" Parallax smiled.

As the facility's guards advanced on the three, Parallax unleashed a powerful wave of energy knocking the guards back.

The three then proceeded to the facility's cellblocks.

The cells contained the members of the Squadron Supreme: Nighthawk, Power Princess, Speed Demon, Doctor Spectrum and Black Archer.

Parallax nodded to Cyborg Superman, who smashed open the cells.

"Whats happening?" Billy Roberts a.k.a. Doctor Spectrum asked, as he and the others exited their cells.

"Freedom," Parallax answered, "if you want it."

"Its time to make those who locked you all up pay," Hyperion said, "time to make the government pay for using me like a puppet."

"I hunger for battle," Zarda Shelton a.k.a. Power Princess growled.

"All in good time," Parallax smirked, "there is still much to do."


Canterlot Mall.

The TVs in the mall were already talking about the Champions heroics.

The news presenter went on to say that young superheroes from around the world were inspired to be a part of the team and join the fight against injustice.

The news changed to videos of the heroes from around the world showing their enthusiasm about joining the Champions, heroes like: Hulkling, Wasp, Moon-girl, Miss America, Kid Flash, Magik and Starfire among others.

"You believe it?" Rainbow Dash asked, "we've become famous overnight!"

"Its kind of overwhelming," Fluttershy commented.

"I agree," Twilight nodded, "having some many people look up to us is kind of stressful."

"Who cares?" Rainbow Dash retorted, "more members of this team will make it 20% cooler."

Before Rainbow Dash could continue the news presenter carried on saying that a new masked hero had appeared and had stopped and apprehended the Riddler and freed his hostages.

"Well, would you look at that," Sunset said, "looks like we've got competition."

The news went on to say, along with the new hero, the urban legend The Spirit was rumoured to have been spotted

Starlight smiled to herself, Mare-Do-Well's crusade had just begun.


Elsewhere.

Parallax and his cohorts were on their way to recruit the last few members for their little Injustice Force.

"How many more members do you need for this little army?" Hyperion asked.

"You said there was a battle," Power Princess fumed, "I tire of waiting."

"Just a few more," Parallax replied, "patience my friends."

He smiled, "its all part of the plan."

Parallax let out a maniacal laugh, a laugh which echoed everywhere.