• Published 14th Sep 2017
  • 9,646 Views, 285 Comments

Venomous Uprising - Paco-El-Taco



Venom, Ultimate Nemesis to Spider-Man, the Lethal Protector, one of the many great anti-heroes, are doing their job as usual. Getting stuck in Equestria, however, definitely was not what they expected.

  • ...
13
 285
 9,646

Chapter 8: Fear of Flames

When Eddie was in the train car that was nearing Canterlot, he spent the time scavenging for papers, just to make the ride go by faster. When he did find one, both his and the symbiote's curiosity grew. The paper was printed the day before, but what caught their attention was the headlines. It read, "Monster in Manehattan!", and below was a picture of Venom with a thief in one hand, the other in mid-punch to another. "So, news spreads fast here as well, eh?"

The symbiote projected itself as a skinny black figure sitting across from Eddie, arms crossed, and a scowl on its face.

'They call us monster. Mean words, Eddie.'

Brock took his eyes off of the paper, as he tried to calm his other half. "Remember, this place probably hasn't seen a human before, I doubt a symbiote, and definitely nothing like us as one." His other's face reduced the scowl a bit, though its arms were still firmly crossed. Eddie looked back at the papers that was in his hands to read more. One of the guards described Venom as 'my foalhood nightmares.' and another to 'I would rather trash talk the princesses to their faces than fight that thing.' Eddie chuckled at those, and continued to read. The large blue pony that was equipped with the large laser turret was put in a hospital, as well as all the thieves having been arrested, as well as other photos of Venom in action.

What caught Eddie's eye, was what one guard had to say. According to the papers, he said, "I'll admit, that thing-- Venom, I believe is what it was called, looks like something you don't want to run into in a dark alley. But whatever I may think of it or what it might do, we can't deny the fact that it single-hoofidly defeated those crooks, even the big one. I won't lie, if Venom hadn't come around, we probably would've been screwed."

The symbiote lightened up at that, glad to hear that one of the ponies knew that they were helping them. Eddie's head snapped up as he heard a loud ring, then a voice echoing across the car. "Attention passengers, we will be at Canterlot, capitol of Equestria, shortly. Please, pack up any luggage you may have left out, and return to your seats if you are out of them. Thank you, and have a wonderful day."

The symbiote advised its host, 'We should leave. Go by foot, understand what Canterlot is like before we introduce ourselves.'

"Yes, it would be a good idea to see what we would get ourselves into before jumping in." And with that, black tendrils morphed from and around Eddie, leaving only the Lethal Protector. They exited the same way as last time by removing the grates from above, checking for any pegasi in the sky, and crawling out. They could see the approaching city that was Canterlot; the towers, decorations, mountain, and of course the castle. They leaped off the moving train, waiting a bit for the train to go further ahead. When they thought it was far enough, they strayed away from the tracks, sprinting to their destination while looking out for ponies.


Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were in the throne room, discussing about the human and his symbiote. Luna had told her sister of what she had seen in the human's dream, apparently named Eddie. Celestia was appalled at the nightmare the human had about the red monstrosity. But she was intrigued about the other thing in the human's dream, the symbiote, as the human said. "So this human, Eddie, has something in his mind, a... symbiote, was it?" Asked the Princess of the Sun. Luna nodded her head as Celestia continued. "The human said he was fine with it, but why does this symbiote wander in the mind of the human?" She said as she looked down and brought a hoof up to her chin.

Luna voiced an idea she had, "Perhaps there is more to it than meets the eye." Celestia looked over to her sister with a raised brow, and waved a hoof for her sister to continue. "This symbiote looks like the creature called Venom, but smaller and skinnier."

"What are you saying?"

"Think about it, sister. Yes, Twilight's letter did say that Venom was the human, but you and I both know by the pictures that the human isn't wearing a regular outfit. As a matter of fact, Twilight's letter said that the younger sisters of three of the elements described the transformation as black tendrils wrapping over and around his face, making another face. This symbiote could be connected to the human more than just through thoughts."

Celestia was taking in what her sister was implying, and she found herself agreeing. But before she could speak, the doors to the throne room burst open. A royal guard entered, one who was coughing and hacking heavily as he limped over to the princesses. The guards in the throne galloped to their fellow guard, all asking if he was all right. The guard coughed more before managing to choke out, "Black...cloud. Gotta get out." Before either the princesses or guards could ask what he meant, a low hiss was heard.

All eyes turned to the doors of the throne room, as a thick, black, smoke seeped in and started to shroud the room in its darnkess. "What is this!?!" Shouted one of the guards in confusion and panic. The princesses eyes widened as the stood up and slowly trotted forward. Suddenly, the smog rushed in the room, flooding it in a black cloud. All the guards, immediately started coughing violently as they were forced to the floors.

"What in tar--!?!" Before the Princess of the Night could finish that, a large amount of the black smoke entered her mouth. She started to join the guards in a heavy fit of coughing, as Celestia fell to the floor as well in a coughing fit. The smoke never let up, as both princesses lit up their horns to banish the smoke. To their panic, all it did was clear a small meter wide radius, which was quickly consumed by more smoke. The smoke wasn't killing them, but they were rendered immobile. The princesses lit up their horns to try again, but received the same results as before. Unknown to the ponies in the throne room, the smoke had spread to all the other areas of the castle, turning it near pitch black and nearly choking anypony that found themselves within the black clouds. If a pony from the outside were to look at the castle, it would appear as it always way, only with the windows being nearly black. And nopony on the outside knew of the predicament of the ponies on the inside.


When the train pulled into the station, six mares and a baby dragon exited from it and started moving out. They were trotting on the streets of the marvelous city, towards the castle that housed the royal sisters. As they trotted along, they discussed among themselves about the human and his symbiote. "As of right now, all we know is that it resides his thoughts." Said the Princess of Friendship.

"What would that be like, though?" Asked Appplejack. "I mean, it can be awkward some times when Princess Luna comes into yer dreams, but having somethin' like that always there, watching 'em?"

"Yeah, that's gotta be creepy." Butted in the self-proclaimed fastest pony in Equestria. The pink party pony was waving her hoof to the nobles, only some returning the gesture. But while they were going down the street, something caught the young dragon's eye. He barely noticed it at first, for it appeared nothing more than a black speck; easily mistaken for a fly. It was in the air, appearing to be above the buildings, and even the castle. But as he watched, it slowly grew larger, and looked a faint orange as well.

"Huh?" he said, as he squinted his eyes at the spectacle. Then, a faint flap was heard every few seconds, not just by him, but by the others as well. "Hey, do you all hear that?"

"Yeah, what is that?" Spike pointed his claw at the thing, but realized that it was not growing bigger, but whatever it was, was getting closer.

The others squinted their eyes at the approaching speck, Rainbow Dash muttering, "What the hay is that?" As the noises of the flaps grew louder, the pedestrians, stopped what they were doing and looked at the approaching speck. It was not a speck then, as it had gotten into range for the ponies to determine what it was. All their eyes widened as the details became clearer. Applejack asked in bafflement, "Is that a pegasus... on fire?"

It appeared to be a large pegasus, but what caused them to gasp was that it was indeed on fire. They could barely see what they assumed to be metal bones making up the structure and surrounded by fire, the pegasus leaving a long trail of cinder in the air. The skull itself was enshrouded in cinder and smoke, the empty eye sockets glowing a hollow orange. Its great wings spanned and glowed like that of a phoenix.

The ponies on the street were slack-jawed and in complete bafflement. The flaming pegasus was flying downward at a steady pace, right towards the elements. While the others were wondering how that could be such a thing, Twilight didn't have such a good feeling about it. "Girls... I don't have such a good feeling about this." She spoke with uncertainty.

Rainbow Dash scoffed, eyes never having left the flaming pegasus. "Well duh, Twi. It's not every day you see a pony on fire and flying casually." The flaming pegasus stared at them, and with a good distance away, spread its great wings to its maximum span, and suddenly released a storm of fireballs with trails of smoke.

The attack came so sudden that Twilight barely erected a magic barrier from instinct. The mares and Spike yelped and tumbled backwards with wide eyes from the attack, as more flaming pellets assaulted the barrier. "What in tarnation!?!" Applejack hysterically asked. The ponies on the street gasped, and started to flee while screaming in all directions. The flaming pegasus soared past the barrier, and right overhead of the mares and dragon, as it dropped a massive ball of flaming gas over the shield. They could barely gasp as the ball hit the barrier and exploded, breaking the shield and sending them flying in different directions. Rainbow Dash and Twilight caught themselves in the air with their wings, but the others had a hard meeting with the walls of some buildings.

"Why's it attacking us!?!" Twilight practically screamed. Rainbow looked back to her friends to see them slowly getting up, mostly alright except with a few bruises. She narrowed her eyes as she looked up at the returning burning pegasus.

"I dunno, Twi. But I'm gonna knock it in the dirt for that!" She emphasized her point by punching her two hooves together. She spread her wings and took off after their assiliant, quickly meeting it above the buildings. It took its hollow eyes off the ponies on the ground and to the rainbow pegasus a few yards across from it. Rainbow's face adopted a scowl, as she shouted out, "Alright, buster! You mess with the bull, you get the horns!" She then shot straight for the flaming pegasus, hooves outstretched. But the flaming pegasus had a counter.

Before Rainbow was a few meters from it, the flames around it roared around itself, consuming it in the hottest of flames, more so than before. Rainbow's eyes widened, and thanks to training as a Wonderbolt, managed to veer to the left just before she met a fiery end. But when she looked behind herself, she saw the flaming pony chasing her, wings outstretched and beginning to shoot off more fireballs. "Gah!" She managed to pull off quick maneuvers as she barely dodged the blazing pellets, trying to shake off her pursuer. But the flaming pony would not give, as the shots were getting closer to their mark.

Before it could have fired another shot, a beam of purple magic slammed into its face. It shook the magic off and quit its chase to look to its left, finding an angry purple alicorn hovering in the air. "I don't know who or what you are, but nopony hurts my friends like that!" The rest of the elements on the ground were cheering their friends, Fluttershy hiding behind Applejack because she just couldn't look. Twilight fired more beams, but the flames seemingly ate them up and didn't appear to be causing much harm to the flaming pegasus.

When there was a break in her shots, the flaming pegasus opened is mouth, and released black cinder right at Twilight. It was too fast for Twilight to dodge or counter, and found herself in a coughing fit. She quickly cleared the cinder from her eyes, to see the flaming pony zooming right at her. Right when it was about to slam into her, A rainbow blur rammed into Twilight, forcing her out of the way. Despite Avoiding the head on collision, the blazing pony's burning wing ripped Rainbow along her back, causing her to scream. The ponies on the ground gasped, with Fluttershy in complete panic. "Rainbow!"

Twilight used her magic to catch and levitate Rainbow carefully on the ground as she landed, checking her wounds quickly as the flaming pegasus was making another pass. The others galloped over to their wounded friend as well, checking if she was alright.

After getting bombarded with questions of concern if she was all right, Rainbow Dash managed a chuckle, slightly wincing from the pain. "Come on, you all know it takes more than that to take me down."

Pinkie Pie pointed out the returning threat with a, "Meany-weany's coming for another attack!" She reached into her mane and pulled out a military helmet with one gold star on it, as her face turned into one of determination. She shouted to the flaming pegasus, "I won't let you ruin Eddie's visit to Equestria!" As the flaming pegasus fired more shots, Pinkie Pie pulled out her party cannon from her mane, and fired cake mix to intercept the shots.

Applejack quickly asked her friend, "Twi, you gotta plan on how to take down this varmint?"

"Well, we could try--"

"Why must this place have to be attacked now of all times?" The mares and dragon's eyes widened as they heard that familiar voice. The nobles from the distance gasped, some even screamed, at the one that talked. The flaming pegasus turned its head, only to see the Lethal Protector swing into him with his legs. Venom landed on the street as the flaming pegasus was sent creaming into the corner of a building, crashing straight through the walls. Rubble was falling toward the ground, about to collapse on a noble who could only stare with wide eyes. Fortunately for him, Venom was faster, and shot a line of webbing at him, and yanked him back right as the rubble collapsed on the ground. The pony yelped as he was caught in a clawed hand, and quickly placed down. "You all need to get out of here, we can deal with this."

The noble turned around, and looked up at the black being with the massive tongue and razor sharp teeth. The pony ran all right, screaming to get away from the massive nightmare. Venom looked behind to see the Elements of Harmony and Spike stare at him in bewilderment. His eyes rose in surprise as he asked, "You all again? Why are you here?"

Rainbow tried to hover, but a burst of pain reminded her of her wounds. She winced as she looked at him warily, "Well, when you told Princess Luna you were coming here, they wanted us to come."

"Why you?"

Twilight took a few steps forward as she answered his question. "To meet you, of course. Properly, this time." Twilight saw the confusion on Venom's face, and clarified more. "You see, us six," she motioned to her friends, excluding Spike. "Are the Elements of Harmony. We're essentially Equestria's defenders." It made sense when Eddie and the symbiote thought about it. After all, they were the only ponies besides the guards fighting the creatures from the Everfree back at Ponyville.

Before Venom could ask more questions, he spun around as he heard an explosion coming from the same building that had the flaming pegasus. The flaming pegasus erupted from the building, as it hovered in the air and stared down at the Lethal Protector. Venom's face turned to a scowl as he took a step toward the flaming pegasus. "Protectors or not, your friend is wounded. Take her to safety, this threat will be dealt with."

The symbiote, however, was not quite as confident. 'Fire, Eddie. I don't like the fire. It stings and burns...'

'We have to get rid of this threat, though. Besides, this isn't the first time we've fought an enemy who was literally on fire.'

Some of the ponies tried to argue, but Eddie and the symbiote ignored as they saw their foe flying straight towards them, flames growing brighter. Venom was going to give a curt uppercut, but the flaming pegasus braked in mid-air swiftly. It then opened its mouth and released a torrent of flames that showered Venom. He brought his arms up to help block the flames, but he winced from the pain regardless. He was too busy trying to block out the inferno to see the flaming pegasus rushing him until it was too late. "Venom!" Cried out Fluttershy in concern, as two titanium hooves slammed into his chest, knocking the Lethal Protector down. Twilight and the others were still tending to Rainbow's wounds, despite the pegasus' continuous arguing and persistence to 'knock the horse-apples right out of that fire pony'.

The flaming pegasus flew up then zoomed down to Venom, but he quickly rolled to the right. The blazing pony slammed into the cold, hard, earth, skull first. As it pulled itself up, it saw a large black fist rapidly approaching its face. The impact had the raging inferno sailing until it caught itself with its wings in the air, and looked down at Venom again. The symbiote shouted within, 'Don't want to taste the flames! Don't like them!'

'We can handle this, we just need some way to put out the flames.'

The flaming pegasus pulled off the same maneuver as before, and stopped close to Venom as it opened its mouth to release fiery doom. That time, however, Venom was prepared. When the blazing pony opened its mouth, he quickly raised an arm and web-shot black webbing at the mouth. Before the flaming pegasus could comprehend what had just happened, its opponent used his raised arm to rapidly stretch it as his fist struck the flaming pegasus square in the jaw. Venom sported his usual grin, and put his clawed hands around his mouth as he hollered, "Hey, pea-brain! Come and catch us if you can!" As he finished, Venom shot a line of web upon one of the many tall buildings, and yanked himself upwards. The flaming pony spread its wings as the fires roared once again, and the raging inferno shot off to the swinging-away Venom.

A hail of fireballs fired off under the wings of the flaming pegasus straight to the Lethal protector. Fortunately for Venom, he was agile and quick enough to avoid the onslaught of flaming bullets. 'Water, Eddie. We need to find water!'

"That's what I'm looking for!" The ponies below the street screamed and galloped as Venom swung over them with fireballs hitting the sides of buildings, along with the flaming pegasus pursuing the Lethal Protector. Out of the corner of his eye, Venom saw that one of the larger fireballs was screeching straight toward a group of galloping ponies. "No!" While they were not fast enough fast enough to pull the galloping ponies out, they were fast enough to intercept the shot. Before the mass of flame hit the panicking, oblivious ponies, Venom swung in between as his back took the full force of the burning ball of flames. Venom snarled from the pain as he quickly met the ground. The flaming pony began to close in, but Venom was quick to recover and shake off the quick pain. He shot two webs onto the buildings as he slingshot himself upwards. The flaming pegasus was hot on their tail, and the shots of fireballs were getting much closer than before.

What felt like an eternity to the symbiote, it and Eddie found their solution: a water tower. Venom grinned again as they swung onto the roof of the building, right in front of the water tower. He looked back at the soaring inferno, and signaled with his hands to come at him, all with an eager grin and twisting tongue. The fiery pony shot off towards the nightmare, and even continued as Venom shot a line of web on each wing. Venom yanked back with great might, as the flaming pegasus then went sailing forward much faster than before. Venom ducked as the fiery flier crashed straight through the water tower, and went falling into the street below. It crashed hard onto the street, so hard that the impact left a rather large crater.

It slowly and weakly pulled itself out of the crater, and looked up to see the Lethal Protector looking down at it with a sadistic grin. It quickly opened its mouth to release a rain of flames, but the only thing that came out was some smoke. It was confused, until it took a look at itself in a puddle of water. There was still the metal bones, albeit bent and damaged, but no fire: and with an exposed core.

The flaming pegasus tried to retreat, but found two, black, thick tendrils wrapped around the joint of the wings. With a 'snap!' the wings were broken off, greatly wounding the pile of metal bones; perhaps, if it could scream, it would. It looked back at Venom, as it slowly backed off. "We would deal with you, but my other would like this to itself." Suddenly, the black skin of Venom seemingly leaped off, leaving the buff man and an aggressive alien with a face in the form of a scowl rapidly crawling to the metal pony. Before it could so much as gallop, the symbiote wrapped all over it, and started squeezing and crushing the bones. As the pile of scrap sunk to its knees, the symbiote performed the finishing blow by impaling the core, and shattering it completely. The metal frame shook, and suddenly collapsed into many pieces. The symbiote rushed back to Brock, where it entered inside of him. Eddie sighed with a frown and said, "Well, if these ponies didn't know about you before, they'll likely do know."

'That princess saw us. Told those others. Ponies will already know about you and I.' Eddie smiled and turned around to walk off.

He would have, but the sight that greeted him stopped him in his tracks as his eyes slowly went wide. There were guards with wide eyes and shaking hooves, all of them having their spears pointed at Eddie Brock. But what took his attention was the large white alicorn and the familiar dark blue one. They had cinder covering the both of them, and what one would call a 'bad hair day', with wide eyes as well. As the gears in Eddie's mind clicked together, he slowly rose his hand in the air, with a shocked expression, and said, "Hi."

Author's Note:

Another chapter done! Sorry for the late update, work was rather busy. So, what do you all think? What do you think will happen next? Please, I enjoy reading your comments!