• Published 14th Sep 2017
  • 9,589 Views, 285 Comments

Venomous Uprising - Paco-El-Taco



Venom, Ultimate Nemesis to Spider-Man, the Lethal Protector, one of the many great anti-heroes, are doing their job as usual. Getting stuck in Equestria, however, definitely was not what they expected.

  • ...
13
 285
 9,589

Chapter 2: Sweet Dreams

Eddie Brock once thought he had it all. The respect which boosted him, with so much money to do with and to help life ease, and love to keep him motivated. People enjoyed him for his fame and respect. He found out the hard way that those are only illusions, false. The people who wanted him for that really didn't want him at all, he became useless to them. Respect turned to humiliation. All the money, to barely paying for food on the table. Love, to being abandoned. During that dark time in his life, he was weak, easier to break than a branch, just so hollow.

But when he started praying for forgiveness over and over, that is when they found each other. When he became whole, and all the pieces glued back together. He learned that there were people who would try to take that away, and you would have to stop them. There was once a time when they were separated, but when he was slowly dying, the other never gave up, for it was obsessed with him, and would never give up on him. But Eddie knew, so long as they were whole, they could overcome any obstacle in their way.


Eddie awoke after the dream ended, a dream with memories he'd rather not visit. The symbiote projected itself on a tree branch, as a little black figure, and spoke, 'Lets go Eddie. I think we might be closer.' Eddie saw that the sun was just beginning to peek over the horizon, so they would have more time to cover more ground.

"Okay..." Eddie whispered, pushing the dream and the memories with it to the back of his mind. He hopped off the webbing and thick foliage, and started to walk the same direction as yesterday, determined to find some form of intelligent life. "Okay."


Far away, on the side of a great mountain, stood an excellent castle, showing off in the rising sun and seemingly defying gravity and physics. That was the castle of Canterlot, where the two leaders of Equestria work and reside. In the dining area, the Royal Sisters were having their meals, one who just woke up, and the other who just got done watching over the dreams of the many to ensure they had a good night rest. One was a tall white alicorn, with her mane and tail consisting of a grass-green, pink, and a light blue, and both were flowing rhythmically, despite being nothing environmental doing it. This was the Ruler of the Sun, Princess Celestia. Her counterpart to her left was almost an opposite. While still an alicorn, and almost as tall, this one was a navy blue color, with the mane and tail consisting of white specks and another shade of blue, it was as if the night sky was apart of it; it was also flowing like her sister's. This was the Ruler of the night, Princess Luna. The meal would be interesting, for they each ran into something interesting not too long ago.

Last Night, when Princess Celestia was about to retire for the night, a green flame whisked into existence into her chambers. The flames had formed a scroll with a seal on it, and the ruler recognized it being from her faithful student, Twilight Sparkle. She made a low hum, wondering why Twilight would have Spike send a later this late, for she usually sent scrolls on a certain schedule of hers, unless it was something of concern. She unrolled it, and it read:

'Dear Princess Celestia,

Earlier today I have come across an issue that you might want to know about. I was with my friend and the element of honesty, Applejack, near sundown, when a group of ponies came galloping, calling out for me. They were all in a panic, but I got one to explain what had them so spooked. Apparently, these ponies were coming back from Manehattan, and took a scenic route at the edge of the Everfree forest, and said they came across something rather unusual. They spotted a creature, which I have never seen or heard about before, pinning down a manticore. According to what they told me, it was furless, all black except for some white on the back of its hands/claws, and apparently, a large white spider symbol on the front and back. Also the face with white eyes, and a tongue that often stuck out.

I can assume it is carnivorous based on the description of the teeth. But most surprising of all, it spoke Equestrian, though they said its voice sounded a bit distorted. Applejack confirmed them telling the truth, unless they thought they just saw it, but that is unlikely. I am currently doing research, but I would like to make two requests on this matter. The first being that, if you could, dispatch some of the royal guards to scout the edges of the forest. Just think, a possibly new, sapient species! The second request, is if you could tell me if you or Princess Luna know anything about it. Thank you for your time,

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle.'

At first, Celestia too thought this might have just been a stunt by those ponies, but with Applejack having confirmed the group of ponies telling the truth, and knowing that Twilight wouldn't buy into something like that without good reason, she wondered if such a creature could exist. She considered it probably being nothing, but she knew from experience, that if it's probably nothing, it's likely something. So she gave the task for one of the captains to assemble a squad or two to search the edge of the forest; they would not want to go in, for despite knowing the experience and training her guards had, deep in the forest was not a place one would want to be.

Luna, on the other hand (or hoof), had walked into a rather interesting dream last night. Her duty was almost over, and she was about to exit the dreaming world into the waking one, when she "felt" an odd dream around her. The Princess of the Night figured one more dream wouldn't hurt, so she searched the realm for the door to the odd dream. When she eventually found it, even from the outside she could feel slight tints of emotions. The princess hummed as her curiosity rose even higher, "What an odd dream this must be." And with that, she entered.

She was not in there for long, for the dream was coming close to an end, but she experienced rather odd things in the dream. Like before, she felt a flurry of emotions, each lasting only a couple of seconds; first, they were good, and made her feel nice: happiness, pride, and love; but then, the emotions completely reversed, to humiliation, sadness, anger, and a feeling of abandonment. But what she was able to feel most, was a feeling only she could describe as being broken. Then, she felt the negative emotions go away, to a feeling of being complete. During all that, she saw images flashing, too fast to decipher what they were, but when she turned her gaze, she saw not a pony, but what she remembered from Twilight's description, a human. She gasped, too stunned to move for a moment. The human was a male, had short blond hair, buff muscles that spoke of spectacular strength, and only in a pair of black boxers.

Before she could confront this man that was on his knees, the dream ended, thus kicking her out, literally and figuratively. She was about to complain, when she thought about something. Although she only saw one, she sensed not one, but two beings in the dream, not counting herself. When she had reentered the waking world into her chambers, she did not know what to think, as her face scrunched up in thought, thinking to herself, 'Could a human somehow have arrived in Equestria? And what was with all the feelings in that dream? Were there really two in the same dream?... Who was that?' And so, she decided to tell this to her sister, for perhaps she knew what this was about.

The princesses were eating, making small talk at first, with Celestia complementing Luna on her night and such. Eventually, Celestia started to tell her younger sister about the scroll she received from her student. "Twilight sent me a rather interesting scroll last night." This caught Luna's attention, and she looked up from her food.

"Oh? Do tell, what was in it?"

"To sum it up, she and Applejack were out in the town, when a group of ponies rushed her and wanted to talk to her. One of them told her that their group was coming back from Manehattan, walking at the edges of the Everfree, when they encountered a rather odd beast." Luna was starting to build up thoughts, as she nodded for her sister to continue. "It was described as black with white spiders on the front and back, a rather odd design for an animal, I think. Also apparently very strong and fit, from what the letter said." Luna was surprised at first, that beast sounded nothing like the possible human she saw earlier. Becoming suspicious of this coincidence, but she still had another thought.

"And Twilight was sure that these ponies were not jesting?"

Celestia shook her head before replying, "No. Like I said Applejack was there. She confirmed them to tell the truth. Plus, I know that my student wouldn't be tricked like that if it were a false story."

The dark alicorn was starting to think about this, but wanted to hear about the rest, so she asked, "Was there anything else in the letter?"

The older sibling nodded, responding with, "Yes, she asked for some guards to search around the Everfree, which is already dealt with, and if you or I know anything about what this thing might be. Which I do not. Would you happen to know what the creature is?"

Luna took in a breath, ready to explain what she witnessed earlier. "Possibly, actually." Celestia's eyes widened, she wasn't really expecting either herself or her sister to know anything. She leaned forward, eager to hear more. "While on my dream-walking duty, I was about to exit, when I sensed a dream that was going through different varying emotions, very different from the others."

"Was it the dream of the creature?" Celestia asked excitedly.

Luna shook her head, before replying, "Nay, I do not believe so. The dream was already almost over when I entered, but I was able to feel and see quite a lot for the few seconds I was there. I was able to feel the emotions of this dream, and there were many. At first it was nice, happiness, love, joy, etc. But then they just... flipped." Celestia rose an eye brow in confusion.

"Flipped?"

"Yes, they flipped to the complete opposite, of negative emotions: Rage, sadness, hollowness, misery, hatred, and a few others. Like some other dreams, instead of this being a miniature landscape, there were just some images, but they were flashing too fast for me to see what they really were."

Celestia was now really intrigued, and inquired, "Did you see who the pony was having the dream?"

Luna chuckled a bit at that, before saying, "That's the thing. It wasn't a pony, or a griffon, or a minotaur, or any other creature I know about. For the few brief seconds, I saw a human, like the ones Twilight saw."

Celestia gasped, for a human has never stepped foot in Equestrian terrain before, and started bombing questions at her younger sister. "But how? Are you sure? What did it look like? Did you talk to it? What was it doing? Could it have something to do-" Luna raised her hoof for the questions to die down. Celestia realized what she was doing, shone a sheepish smiled. "Sorry Luna, but please, continue."

"It is alright. Anyway, the human was facing away from me, but from what I could see he was a male, with blonde hair and just a pair of boxers. Also, I don't know if this is a norm for their kind, but he seemed very fit and muscular. As for what he was doing, he was just on his knees, looking up at the images. I would've tried to communicate with him, but, alas, that was when the dream ended." They each gave out a disappointed sigh, upset that Luna was not able to talk to Equestria's first human visitor.

Celestia then spoke up, "Could this be connected, the thing from the Everfree was said to have talked, after all." Luna then shot up, as this brought even more questions with no answers as of yet. "I doubt that we would get a human and possibly a newly unrecorded species in Equestria all in twenty-four hours by coincidence." Celestia brought her hoof to her muzzle, and furrowed her brow in thought, when she popped up.

"Luna, where you able to know where exactly the dream was at?" Luna sighed and shook her head.

"No," Luna quickly changed into a more hopeful tune, "However, I do know that the dreams before that were in Ponyville. Possibly meaning..."

"That the human who dreamt could have been sleeping in the Everfree! They are pretty close, after all." Luna nodded her head in agreement.

"But what could this mean? Twilight's letter never said the group of ponies saw a human, or another creature that could be described as one."

"This will only add more questions, but there was one more thing about the dream."

"And what might that be?"

"Though I only saw the human, I sensed another presence there, both in the same dream."

Both princesses sat in silence, until Celestia got up from her seat, and spoke with powerful determination, "It is clear that this new creature and human are somehow related. I will dispatch even more guards to search a larger radius. The creature likely is with, or knows where the human is, we should know how a human even managed to get here. Plus, we could learn about this new one, like what it is, if there are others of its kind, and more."

Luna too stood and spoke, "And I shall try to find the human through his dreams, and, if this new one can dream, it too." They each smiled, before they went there separate ways to accomplish their new mission.


The Lethal Protector had ventured for awhile, even coming across some odd chicken-snake hybrid. It had stared in his eyes, but after a couple seconds of nothing happening, it looked surprised, then scared and fled. Both Eddie and the symbiote were confused by that, but shrugged it off and continued. The long wondering was worth it, as he found a trail, leading presumably to some far off city or town. The symbiote had slunk inside of Eddie, because they did not want any locals that might pop up to find out about the symbiote if at all possible. So Eddie Brock was following the path, which by now went outside of the mysterious forest into an open plain with some small hills here and there. 'Do you think this leads anywhere?' The symbiote piped up.

"It's a trail, it has to lead somewhere eventually, plus, it confirms there is intelligent life around, we might even find someone along the way." The sun had been slowly ascending the sky, providing plenty of light, with a few clouds, and a nice breeze, a rather perfect day. Eddie smiled and took in a breath of the fresh air; he didn't get to just appreciate nature enough.

While they were walking, there was a cloud closer to the ground than the others, and the symbiote could tell something was up with it. 'Eddie! That cloud! Something is odd with it.' Eddie took notice of the cloud, and after moments of staring, he noticed a wing hanging off of it.

"Is that... a bird?"

"Hey! Who ya' callin' bird!?!" A male, gruff voice spoke out as a winged creature zipped in front of Eddie. The thing looked angry at first, but getting a good look at Eddie made his jaw slowly lower, and his face adopted one of surprise. Eddie was mimicking this action, for he could not believe what was in front of him. If he knew some mythology well enough, he could tell this was a griffin. White, feathered face, yellow claws, brown body, with a pale, lion half-body at the back. The griffin came to about Brock's torso. They each just stared at each other, baffled, until they each spoke in unison, "The Greeks weren't crazy after all..."

"That Lyra pony wasn't crazy after all..."

They each just stared some more until the symbiote reminded Eddie, 'Our first local! Make a nice impression! Ask for any help!'

Eddie shook himself out of it, and awkwardly said, "Uh... sorry for calling you a bird..."

"It's forgiven..." The griffin was still shocked and continued to stare, while Eddie, though not a diplomat, still tried to be formal, "My name is Eddie Brock, I'm what you would call a human."

"I'm Woodchip, a griffin, um, can I help you with anything?" The griffin, too, trying to be polite; not so much as just for the sake of being nice, but so he wouldn't be the one to cause an inter-galactic war if he pissed off an alien on possibly first contact.

Eddie nodded and said excitedly, "Yes, please! I'm searching for anyone who could help me. Do you have any leaders? Or maybe a city or town near by?"

The griffin, now out of his immediate shock, responded, "Well, there are the two rulers of this land in the direction you just came," Eddie was chastising himself, for out of all the directions he could have walked, he chose the one farthest from where help could be, "but there is a city, Manehattan, not too far here. Just keep heading down the trail for a couple of miles, and you'll see it. Oh, and a heads up, the locals might be a bit... unnerved." Eddie nodded, figuring that they would freak out over aliens.

"Thank you, you have been a great help." Eddie shone a genuine smile, waved, and went on his way.

The griffin waved back, still sporting a somewhat confused face, and went back to the cloud, and thought, 'Made alien contact? that's got to count for something.'


Meanwhile, back at Ponyville, word had already gotten out about the beast from the Everfree, and of it defeating a manticore as if it were a rat. Some ponies didn't believe it at first, but when some of the royal guards arrived to check the nearby forest, that proved it for them. Some were panicked, some afraid, others curious, others excited about the possibility of a new sapient species. The mane 6 were just talking about the subject, in Sugar Cube Corner. They each had mixed reactions to the beast. Twilight, the ever so curious, was excited about studying a new species.

"Just think of what we could learn! Like, why does it have a spider symbol on its chest? How is it so strong? Where did it come from? The possibilities are endless!"

Applejack was a bit skeptical, but fair, "Now hold on there sugarcube, we don't know what this things intentions might be, but if it is peaceful, then I see no reason why not to welcome it."

Rarity was also a bit curious herself, "While I'm not as curious as Twilight, I must admit, I too am interested to learn about its culture."

Fluttershy was too busy worrying about the "poor little manticore" that had fought a vastly superior foe. "Oh, I hope the poor little manticore is okay... I know this thing may have just been defending itself, but did it really need to do that?" Rainbow Dash, having watched too many movies, wasn't very trusting.

"What if it eats our brains out!?! You know how it was coming to those ponies! I mean, c'mon! So much sharp teeth? Large tongue? Drooling green stuff? Totally predatory!" Pinkie Pie was already thinking about what kind of party it would like.

"Yes! you're right, Dashie! I should make the cake brain themed! Maybe a few 'eyes' and 'blood' for punch! You're a genius!"

"That's not what I meant, Pinkie!"

Rarity shot Rainbow Dash a disapproving glance, "Now Rainbow, perhaps it just wanted to ask for help. After all, it didn't even take a step before they all galloped away, apparently."

"All except Bon Bon, apparently." Spoke up Twilight.

Applejack asked, "Now what did that thing do with her again?"

"According to Bon Bon, it just stared at her, mumbled to itself, and put her down."

"See! Completely creepy!" Rainbow piped up.

Before they could argue, Spike bust into the door, panting heavily, with a scroll in his claw. Twilight looked surprised, and asked, "Spike? What are you doing here? I thought you were napping, again?"

Spike wobbled over to the table, still trying to regain breath, "Here..." He dropped it to Twilight, who immediately recognized who it was from.

"A letter from Princess Celestia?" The others leaned in, as Twilight read aloud, "Dear Twilight Sparkle, while I am not able to provide information on this new creature, my sister has discovered something important. During her dream-walking, she came across an odd dream, but a human was the one dreaming it!?!" Twilight half yelled that last part, while the others gasped in shock.

Rainbow Dash asked, "But, how did a human get here?"

Twilight continued on, "The dream was ending, so I regret to inform you that she was not able to talk to this human. However, we were able to deduce it must have been around the Everfree, the same place this creature showed up. We both believe this is not a coincidence, so I have dispatched more guards to search a larger area for the two. I was leaving this to the guards at first, but I would like you and your friends to keep a sharp lookout as well, and try to bring them back here to Canterlot. Remember, this is the first human in Equeastria, and possibly a new species, so, though I know you won't, don't act rash. Your fellow princess, Princess Celestia."

The table was quite at first, until a hyper and pink mare shouted with glee, "Now I get to throw two parties! This is great!"

Applejack voiced the others thoughts, "But, how'd a human get here? And what does it have to do with this strong feller?"

"I don't know Applejack," Twilight talked, as she rose up, "but I know that the princesses need us! Rainbow," Rainbow Dash quickly stood at alert, "You're the fastest pegasus, could you do a sweep over the edges of the Everfree?"

Rainbow grinned, and saluted. "You got it, Twi!" And with that, the cyan pegasus quickly flew out in a blur of rainbow.

"As for me, I'm going to continue my research, as well on humans to see if we can find anything out."

"What about us, Twi?"

"Right now, I need you all to be at the ready and stay alert if we find these two." They each nodded, as Twilight finished, "I just hope things won't get complicated."


Eddie was happily grinning at the sight in front of him. The symbiote was delighted, as it projected itself as a mini-figure sitting on Brock's shoulder looking up at him while shouting, 'We made it! We can get help!' Eddie chuckled, as he stared at the city only about a mile or half in front of him, Manehattan.

"We finally made it." Eddie's grin receded, as his worry grew with a breath, "Now comes the hard part, I'm no diplomat."

'Don't worry. I've seen a lot, can tell you what to do, you just gotta listen to me!'

"I agree with you." Eddie started to walk forward into the busy city, neither having any idea what to expect. "I'm sure this... Manehattan, which still sounds like a rip-off of Manhattan, is about to get more interesting, hopefully they are the 'ask questions first' kind of race." And with that, the two prepared for what could come ahead.

Author's Note:

Hello again! Please, leave a comment on what you thought. I won't spoil the next chapter, but I can say this. The next chapter is when the action really starts!