• Published 30th Aug 2017
  • 1,491 Views, 143 Comments

Octavia's Eleven - Tumbleweed



When Octavia's priceless cello is stolen by a greedy dragon, it's up to a ragtag crew of musicians, scoundrels, and special agents to get it back. But things are never that easy, especially once a certain princess gets involved.

  • ...
1
 143
 1,491

EPILOGUE: Some Final Notes on the Text

So, after all these years, you don't have any hard feelings for Flash Sentry or Carrot Top? Knowing they kept so many secrets from you? That they might have even used you?"

“Hard feelings? No. Of course not. They ... had their reasons, which were mostly good ones. I'm just surprised, that's all.” Princess Twilight took a sip of her tea, mulling the situation over. “Though honestly, the Flash Sentry Papers do explain a lot.”

“Did you ever see Sentry or Top after Spitespire?”

“Of course! Mostly just in passing, or maybe some polite conversation at some royal ball or another. Oh, there was also the time I presided over Flash and Carrot's wedding--”

My teacup hit its saucer hard enough to chip both. I gulped down a scalding mouthful of tea, and stared, dumbfounded, at the Princess. “I'm sorry ... did you say wedding?”

“Mmmhmm. It was a couple years after Spitespire, if I recall correctly. Small ceremony. Very pleasant. Rarity even designed Carrot's dress.”

“But ... but ... Sentry doesn't mention it anywhere! At least, not in any of the journals I've reviewed so far.”

“No?” Princess Twilight arched one eyebrow, and took a delicate sip of her tea. “I guess Flash's memoirs aren't quite as comprehensive as you thought.”

Comments ( 19 )

Soooo. they got scott free after all? Didn´t Celestia have a "talk" with them?
And did Octavia recover the Phoenix Stal?

They in fact ended up living on the outskirts of Ponyville in a house with a white picket fence and having 2.5 foals [1].

[1] It is known that they had at least two and possibly three. However, because all of them ended up working at least a few years in the Special Operations Group- Delta detachment founded by Agent Sweetie Drops about 25 years post-Spitespire, under a total of at least six different identities, we cannot narrow it down beyond "one was a filly and the other was a colt."

Of course an ageless alicorn would have the last word and last laugh.:twilightsmile:

You have to stop adventuring sometime. Age catches up.

...dawww. Although there are even odds that was done as part of some cover for an op. Getting rid of a powerful dragon opposing Ember was also a very clever explanation for things I didn't see coming. The only loose end here is derpy. Clearly, from the movie, she is a very loyal and patriotic self sacrificing pony. But what special skills does she have?

THE SHIP HAS SAILED!!! :yay:
There will be another story about the wedding and how Chrysalis decided "Why not?" and crashed another wedding, right?

Way I see it, Flash is still owed his chateau cheval.

Flash may be a cad, a coward, and an inveterate liar, but he's still a gentlecolt.

In any case, fantastic conclusion to this installment of the Papers. As I thought, Twilight sent a very strong message regarding Drake's philosophy. Exactly as what may or may not have been planned. Thank you for this.

8486342
And the third was plausibly deniable.

8487326
8486342
Which is also the name reported. Plausible Deniability.

“No?” Princess Twilight arched one eyebrow, and took a delicate sip of her tea. “I guess Flash's memoirs aren't quite as comprehensive as you thought.”

I guess not.

FTL

8487477
Seems like the perfect lead in to a chapter of the 'Flash Sentry Papers' based on information garnered from an extended interview with the Princess of Magic and Knowledge.

There must be quite a story behind how Flash gets from here to his eventual quiet and almost obscure death.

“No?” Princess Twilight arched one eyebrow, and took a delicate sip of her tea. “I guess Flash's memoirs aren't quite as comprehensive as you thought.”

I had been hoping for even more tidbits from our guest narrator but this eyebrow makes me believe that the Princess has a bit more story to add. Whether or not we get to be told is another thing.:twilightsmile:

8488896
I believe she got to know quite more about Flash than we ever will, in the end. And maybe even send him into a mission or two.

If that wedding was left out of the Flash Sentry Papers, perhaps the next story should be from Carrot Top's perspective?

8492366

Dagnabbit, that's a really good idea. No clue if I'll ever get around to it, but I'll keep it in mind!

I just read through the four instalment of this story and I cant get enouhg. Flash make me think of a watered down Ciaphas Cain and the humour omnipresent in all of the chapters crack me up.

I hope there will be more installement of The Flash Sentry Papers.

(Could you do the one in Tartarus next?)

Oh, there was also the time I presided over Flash and Carrot's wedding--”

Oh, you blasted tease! :rainbowlaugh:

You read the ciaphas cain books right?

9323376
I believe so; more than that though, they've also read the Flashman novels by George MacDonald Fraser. (Though Flash Sentry's a far better person/pony than Flashman.)

Wonderful addition to the Flash Sentry Papers!

Though I noticed that there was no actual attempt made to get that cask that Sentry was promised as payment. Much to the shock of all I am sure. And hey, if Twilight hadn't gotten involved there was very little actual crime being done; yeah maybe false advertisement on just what that cello was, but I get the feeling the Dragon Lands run on caveat emptor so falling for the fake so easily is all on Drake.

Twilight getting involved and ending with the ass looking like an ass was a nice bonus, and of course Carrot Top is going to act like this was the plan all along whether it was or not. Knowing them, it was likely one of many possible scenarios they planned for.

Login or register to comment