• Published 31st Aug 2017
  • 1,954 Views, 29 Comments

Spike's Days at G.E.A.R.S University - Darth Severus



Spike has been accepted to G.E.A.R.S. University and is starting his classes soon. His best friends have also arrived as new students. Together, they train to fight against the strange creatures known as Shadowscythe, who plan to rule the universe.

  • ...
12
 29
 1,954

The Dropship to Loreon

Spike was sitting in the dropship that was taking him, as well as many other students to Loreon, more specifically Soluna City, the capital of the Solaris System. He walked around the ship. He saw a girl with dark green hair working on a Mecha and walked up to her and asked "So, these are the standard G.E.A.R.S University student Mechas?"

The girl looked up from her work and said, "Sure are. Too bad too. These things are the crappiest pieces of junk that I've ever worked on. The gun's prone to jamming, eject pod doesn't work at all, leg joints are rusted in place. All in all, using these Mechas on the entrance exam is practically suicide."

Spike gulped, he was already nervous about the entrance exam, and now having a good look at the Mecha he was supposed to use... it got him jittery. He asked the girl "So, you going to G.E.A.R.S University too?"

The girl shook her head and said, "Nah, I'm on my way to Soluna City to open up a Mecha Shop. I'm not cut out for fighting, I'm more of a mechanic. You know, I could help you get some new weapons for your mecha. I've got some stuff here already, if you've got credits, I'd be willing to sell you some stuff for your mecha. It'll make the entrance exam a lot easier."

Spike smiled and said, "Well, I've got 2,000 credits. That should be enough to get some new weapons, right?"

The girl nodded and said, "That should be enough for a few new weapons. Take your pick."

Spike picked out a flamethrower for the back arm, and a sniper rifle for the back shoulder. When he paid for the weapons, he said, "By the way, I never got your name."

The girl smiled and said, "Name's Tek."

Spike replied by introducing himself, "Spike. I'll see you around." Spike walked away and over to his friends, who were also going to G.E.A.R.S University. "Hey girls. What're you watching?" he asked, referring to the TV that his friends and other students were gathered around.

Twilight shushed him and said, "Quiet Spike, Kingadent Slugwrath is making a public announcement on the war."

As the Kingadent appeared on the screen, he said, "Greetings citizens! It is I, your beloved and unanimously elected Kingadent Slugwrath. As you know, scientists have recently identified a large unidentified flying object heading towards our planet. Unfortunately, diplomacy is a wasted effort. When we contacted the ship and asked for peace, the inhabitants of the ship replied with this message, "All your base are belong to us. You will not survive make your time..." Obviously, these aliens are here with ill intentions. We will show them that all our base do not belong to them! We have declared war on these mysterious aliens known as Shadowscythe. Kingadent Slugwrath signing off."

Spike rolled his eyes and said "Of course the Kingadent uses a war as a means of publicity."

Rainbow Dash chuckled and said, "That's politics for you."

Twilight sighed before saying, "Even if it is politics, a war is a very serious thing. It's going to affect school. We're training to be Mecha Pilots, and if there's a war going on, chances are we'll be fighting in it. Whether we want to or not."

Applejack tipped her hat and said, "Twilight's got a point. One way or another, we'll be fighting in this war."

Fluttershy gulped and stuttered, "I-I really don't want to fight, but if it means keeping others safe, I'll do it..."

Spike swished his tail back and forth impatiently, "Is it just me or is the ship slowing down? It feels like we've been flying a lot longer than this trip is supposed to take."

Twilght assured him by saying, "You never really know how fast you're going in space. It's not like a train or a car where the scenery changes."

Spike shrugged and said, "I guess that makes sense. I'm going to take a walk around the ship." He walked around the ship until he was called over to Captain Onyx Bolt.

When Onyx Bolt called Spike over, he asked, "Hey, I need you to do something for me. Something's going on down in the cargo bay. I think we've got a stowaway. I'd like you to check. Take this energy blade, just in case." He gave Spike a energy blade and said, "Dismissed."

Spike sighed as he walked down to the cargo bay. As he looked around, he didn't see or hear anything, until he came to the darkest part of the bay. He heard what sounded like a sick cat hissing or trying to hack up a hairball. He approached the sound and saw something he never would have expected, a Shadowscythe. He hadn't been noticed yet, so he snuck up on the alien and swung his energy blade, decapitating the grotesque alien. He used his com-link to report to Onyx Bolt, and said "Spike to Onyx Bolt, Spike to Onyx Bolt."

Onyx Bolt replied and said, "Onyx Bolt to Spike, what's your status?"

Spike told him, "There was a stowaway, a Shadowscythe to be precise. Situation's under control, threat neutralized."

Onyx Bolt's shock was so obvious, it was like everyone on the ship could feel it. He asked him, "How many?"

Spike told him, "I only found the one, and I'm not picking up any other heat signatures."

Onyx Bolt sighed in relief and said, "Ok, report back to the deck. We'll be landing shortly."

Spike went back up to the main deck. He sat with the girls and asked them, "Hey, does the pilot know what he's doing? It's been a pretty bumpy ride the whole time."

Twilight nodded saying, "I'm certain that they picked an ace pilot."

Meanwhile at G.E.A.R.S University....

Dean Celestia was going over paperwork when her assistant walked into her office and said, "Dean Celestia, the dropship with the new students is coming in for a landing."

Celestia said, "Good, now, are we absolutely certain that the pilot is actually an authorized pilot?" The explosion outside answered that question for her. She sighed and said, "Get Nurse Redheart on the line."