• Published 17th Nov 2017
  • 2,427 Views, 211 Comments

My Little Universe: Season 6 - EquestrianKirin



New Gems, old foes, and a big mystery to tie them together. Who's ready for their big reprise?

  • ...
10
 211
 2,427

What Counts

"....... What a lovely morning this is. Good morning, everyone."

Padparadscha's morning greeting may have been late, but it still was full of enthusiasm for their new life at the barn. It took them a little bit of time to get themselves settled in, but the Off-Colors were enjoying themselves pretty well, a good step up from the Supreme kindergarten. The Rutiles and Tiger's Eye were checking out some of the barn's personal items some more. In this case, the items turned out to be apart of an airplane. Or at least whatever was left that wasn't made for the Galactic Ray that is.

"What kind of mechanics does Earth have?" wondered right rutile.

"I don't think I've ever seen something like this back home," added in left Rutile, confused as well. Tiger's Eye was perched up on a wing like a cat would be, looking down to the Rutile twins.

"I don't know, I guess this colony hasn't caught up with Homeworld yet," Tiger's Eye shrugged, looking to what looked like a car engine. Fluorite slowly moved off outside to check out the world for a bit. It was still a little chilly, but much brighter and lively than the Kindergarten was by a mile. Padparadscha went on out with her to see the area.

"....... It's so bright out here."

"So much organic life, too," Fluorite said, smiling as she looked around. Fluorite rested down, and waited until Padparadscha climbed up onto her back, and only then did she go off for a walk around the countryside. The landscape was about as one would expect from the tail end of winter: a cool weather with some cool packing snow and dry earth underneath. both Off-colors were enjoying the world for what it is, but they didn't venture too far from the barnhouse, only checking out the nearby hills and a few trees. Still, the area surely looked nice.

*mooo*

Fluorite stopped on hearing the odd noise, and it took a bit before Padparadscha turned as well, equally curious on the strange noise. Turned out, some nearby cows had wandered a little closer to the barn, and both Gems were probably as curious about the cows as the cows were about them. I mean, how often would one see a gigantic caterpillar anyway?

"What's this?" Fluorite wondered. Her slow speech gave Padparadscha enough of a gap to fill in her answer more accordingly.

"I foresee a few local lifeforms coming to see us," she said, though the cows were already doing that. None of the cows were exactly scared of them to the point of bolting, but they were still wary when Fluorite slowly moved over to them. A few backed up a bit, but they didn't just bolt off either. Eventually, Padparadscha hopped off and moved over to see these creatures, the first time either of them had seen cows. One of the dairy cows slowly moved over to Padparadscha and gave a few sniffs to her face, which Padparadscha stayed quiet about until after a little bit, to which she them backed up a little, hand on her cheek.

"Oh my," she said. Fluorite grabbed Padparadscha gently, and lifted her onto her head. The dairy cows weren't as willing to move as close to Fluorite, but then a beef bull wandered over to investigate. The bull was a bit braver than the dairy cows, and went straight up to Fluroite to the point when its snout touched Fluroite's nose. Guess this bull didn't like them worrying his herd.

"Interesting," said Fluorite, gently placing a hand on the bull's head. Rather than staying still, an instinctive response happened rather fast and the bell quickly bowed his head, swinging its horns to keep them back. Fluorite backed up to give the bull some space, Padparadscha gasping after they backed up, though Fluorite was more surprised than spooked. She was a lot bigger than the bull, after all. Eventually, the herd started to slowly move away, the two Gems also moving away from the herd and continuing to explore a little more. Perhaps their next encounter won't be as surprising.

.......

"Where's Fluorite and Padparadscha?!" gasped Rhodonite. She only stepped out for just a minute, and already some of her group was missing from the barn.

"Calm down, Rhodonite, they just went out for a bit," said left Rutile.

"We're sure they'll be back soon," added right Rutile.

"No, no, no, no, w-we just got here they can't just wander off like that! I-I mean who knows what actually lives here?" Rhodonite asked, worrying her head over the situation. She wasn't more familiar over Earth than any of the other Off-Colors, so who knew what's actually dangerous around here?

"GOOOD MORNING OFF-COLORS!"

And in enter the pink party mare. Rhodonite bolted away from the door and soon saw Pinkie Pie standing right by the door, apparently very happy to see them. The feeling was one-sided though, at least with Rhodonite.

"Oh, morning. You doing okay? ... You're looking a little funny," Tiger's Eye asked, seeing just how big a smile Pinkie Pie had on her face. After a little bit, someone else showed up from behind the pink mare, showing Steven Universe had also come by to check on the gang.

"Morning everyone. How're you doing in here? You like it?" Steven asked.

"Nice," said right Rutile.

"It's great," added left Rutile. Pinkie and Steven though quickly noticed that there was a bit of a lack in numbers: Fluorite and Padparadscha weren't there inside. Before Rhodonite could bring it back up though ...

"We're back."

Rhodonite felt a big relief run through her when they saw Fluorite and Padparadscha come back, and in one piece too. Good timing for them to show up. Padparadscha was placed down on the ground, as Pinkie Pie and Steven went right up to them. Tiger's Eye, Rhodonite, and the Rutile twins went on outside to see them too, Rhodonite making sure they were alright after their walk.

"How was your walk?" asked the Rutile twins.

"We had an enjoyable time," Fluorite said with a gentle grin.

"There's Steven and Pinkie," said Padparadscha.

"Well you all are going to have an even more enjoyable time today! Guess what, guess what, guess what?" Pinkie said excitedly, hopping in place.

"What's that?" Tiger's Eye asked. Right on that answer, Pinkie Pie presented a equestrian poster to them. It mainly showed a pony by a growing plant, just dug from the snow, with the sun beaming down onto it.

"The Winter Wrap-Up's going on back in Ponyville, and Pinkie and I thought that since you're new here, we can introduce you to Equestria," Steven explained, Pinkie Pie barely able to keep herself still.

"Equestria? Is that another planet?" Tiger's Eye asked.

"Yep, yep, yep. And a fun one at that!"

"WHOA, wait a minute. We barely just got comfortable here, you expect us to just -" unfortunately, the Rutile twins cut off Rhodonite before she could finish.

"Let's check it out. It could be fun," said left Rutile.

"Sure sounds like a good time," added right Rutile.

"What's this new place about?" asked Fluroite.

"It's where we ponies come from: colorful, magical, a very, very, Very fun good time! And they got a lot of cool creatures, so they'll like you all in no time," Pinkie explained, meaning every word of it. It sure sounded interesting for many of them, as Rhodonite looked over the poster. Fluorite saw how troubled Rhodonite was and gently placed a hand on her shoulder, giving her a soft smile.

"... Oh ... oh, alright."

They hardly needed anymore convincing before Pinkie and Steven started to bring them along.

"Right-o, everypony, off to the Warp Pad!"

"Wait, what?! And back to the Homeworld soldiers?!" Rhodonite quickly brought up. It was quick to what point Rhodonite was trying to make. Their last excursion with Homeworld would not go unnoticed, and risking using the same Warp Pad was a little too dangerous right now. Luckily, Pinkie Pie already pre-planned for this, and her hoof wrapped around the curl in her mane, pulled the front down, and released it to let it bounce. As it did that, something was launched out into the air, and landing on her hoof.

"What's that?" asked the twins.

"Say hello to our little magic key! We got these cuties before the Warp Pad was made, and we can use them now. Here, watch," Pinkie explained, trotting over to the barn door. No one was in the barn, so this wasn't an exact issue for her. She close the barn door first, and then aimed her key to the "key hole" (there was none on said door, but magic's magic). When Pinkie moved it again, they all met with a magical light, and the portal had been opened.

"W-WHAAA?!" Rhodonite gasped.

"WHOA, a Warp Pad making key! And that's from Equestria, you said?" Tiger's Eye gasped, in amazement.

"We got the magics! Come on, we can take a ice skating run around before the snow melts," Pinkie said, before bolting into the barn door. Sure felt like some nostalgia for Steven to see that portal again, even if it was barn-sized. Just big enough for Fluorite to go through with ease. Well, here they go.

~~~~~~

Winter wrap-up, winter wrap up~ let's finish our holiday cheer~ Winter wrap-up, winter wrap-up~ cuz tomorrow, spring is here~

That main little jingle rang through Jade's head as she was, surprisingly, in Ponyville and helping out with the event. She was working with Applejack in the Plant team, AJ plowing snow aside with a snow shovel as Jade was burying some seeds for a good harvest later in the year.

"Am I doing it right, AJ?" Jade asked, as she sprinkled down some more seeds into some dug out holes.

"You're doing just fine, Jade. Keep planting and this place will look greener than the jungle in no time at all," Applejack replied, plowing some more snow along with a few other ponies. These were just grass seeds, but seeds are seeds, and Jade was happy to give this all a try. Dr. Hooves strolled alongside AJ and shoveled off some snow with her.

"Phew, quite a number this year," Dr. Hooves said.

"You know they needed to make up for it, Doc," AJ said, getting a good shovel of snow off the ground for Jade nearby.

"I know, but my goodness, it's a strain on the neck," Dr. Hooves admitted. Having to use their mouths to work the shovels didn't make it easy, but it could be worse. They both took a moment to check on Jade, who was getting some help in planting by Mr. Greenhooves.

"Your Gem friend's surely having a ball over there, huh?"

"Yeah, it's her first year doing the Winter Wrap-Up with us. Can't tell ya how excited she was when I told her the news this morning."

"She must have a good green hoof for this stuff then," Dr. Hooves noted. AJ couldn't help but agree, seeing how fascinated she was in the amount of plants she was working with. As she was looking, Dr. Hooves started to trot over to another location, just about ready to shovel some more snow again, when something bumped into him. He took one look and ...

"Great whickering stallions!"

"What's wrong over there?" AJ asked, turning to Dr. Hooves, just to see the Off-Colors showing up. guess this pony got caught off-guard by their largest member.

"I'm sorry. did I startle you?" asked Fluorite. Dr. Hooves recollected himself.

"Eh, admittedly," Dr. Hooves said. Fluorite didn't seem too threatening, but when the doc saw the gemstones, he began to understand who and what he was seeing. AJ trotted over to them as well, Mr. Greenhooves and Jade taking notice as well.

"Hey, AJ, doc. Meet the newest members to our family: the Off-Colors," introduced Pinkie Pie. AJ had seen them before, but Dr. Hooves started to feel a little intrigued with this group of gems. He had seen Gems, but not like these, especially counting Rutile and Fluorite.

"Hello, earth pony," said Padparadscha. Dr. Hooves trotted up to the Rutile first, Rhodonite backing up.

"Fascinating."

"Eh, doc, give her some space, they just got here," insisted Steven. He didn't want them uncomfortable here.

"You think we're ... fascinating?" asked right Rutile.

"Not ... strange?" added left Rutile. Dr. Hooves nodded.

"Naturally. I mean, I've never seen a creature quite like you before," Dr. Hooves stated, not sounding like he was afraid or insulting her in anyway. The Rutile twins actually blushed slightly from it.

"So what're you doing? moving stuff around?" asked Tiger's Eye, trotting over to the shovel nearby. AJ went to the shovel and scooped up the snow, getting it into a pile.

"We're handlin Winter Wrap-Up. It's an equestrian tradition to clean up winter, and get things ready for spring coming up," said Applejack. Tiger's Eye looked around at the scenery, and seeing others of the plant group doing something similar to that.

"So that's what you're doing," Tiger's Eye said, scratching her head. Mr. Greenhooves and Jade went over after a bit, and seeing what the group was about.

"Well, you all those gems, are ya?" asked Mr. Greenhooves.

"We're new around here," said right Rutile.

"Not familiar," added right Rutile. Mr. Greenhooves took notice of Rhodonite standing off further away, and the pony trotted over to her.

"Hey there youngin. Welcome to Ponyville," said Mr. Greenhooves. Rhodonite had been a bit quiet, but she had enough with this.

"Ok, why aren't any of you scared? O-Or freaking out, o-or something!"

"Should we be?"

"What? Well, look at me, what am I?!" Rhodonite shouted in disbelief. Mr. Greenhooves gave her a little look over, and simply said "... Tall?"

"No! W-Well, yes, but I'm an Off-color! you know "drive out the freaks, they're not needed!" Doesn't that bother you?"

"Nope."

"... Really?" she asked, calmer this time.

"Really really," replied Mr. Greenhooves. Rhodonite didn't know what else to say about it, being so used to others freaking out over them, or at least getting upset, but these ponies were neither of those things.

"See Rhodonite, we're all friends here. It doesn't matter what we look like, or anything," Steven reminded. Pinkie felt a shiver through her mane and quickly got excited again.

"Oh, oh, I feel a song coming on! Ready Steven?"

"I'm always ready!" replied Steven.

Then cue the music.

(We Got Lots in Common parody)

Steven:Oh, we got lots in common where it really counts,
where it really counts,
we got large amounts.
What we look like doesn't count an ounce.
We got lots in common, where it really counts!

Steven hopped up on the fence alongside them, and started to go along it a bit with his arms out to his side, as the other Gems watched him, Jade, and Pinkie go along and sing. It sure was a catchy tune. The Off-Colors were enjoying the little tune bit by bit.

Steven: You got pink fur, I got skin,

Steven, Pinkie: but both our outsides hold us in.

As they went, Steven started to lose balance a little bit, only for Pinkie to happily catch him, and give him a ride on her back, the pink pony gleefully hopping along with the tune.

Pinkie: I got hooves,
you got toed feet,
but we both move where we please.

Steven hopped off and both skipped along side by side down the path, the Off-Colors following them with a smile on their faces.

Steven: Cuz we got
Lots in common where it really counts

Steven, Pinkie, Jade: Where it really counts,
we got large amounts.
What we look like doesn't count an ounce.
We got lots in common where it really counts!

The Off colors were really enjoying it now, and were starting to get where we were going. In fact, they felt like singing a bit themselves, which Steven insisted with a big smile on his face. Waving them over, Rutile and Rhodonite joined in their little jig. Padparadscha, Tiger's Eye and Fluorite just smile and enjoyed the tune.

Pinkie: You got a nose, and I a snout

Pinkie, Rhodonite: But the both of us can sniff about.

Both Pinkie and Rhodonite danced along, Pinkie giving a few sniffs before playfully hopping up on the fence again and moving over to Rutile, who was going in the tune herself.

Rutiles: We say "Hi!"
and you say "Nay!"
but we're talking either way.

Steven, Pinkie, Jade: cuz we got
lots in common where it really counts,
where it really counts,
we got large amounts.

Rutile, Rhodonite: What we look like doesn't count an ounce.
We got lots in common where it really counts!

Now it was Jade's turn, who gleefully moved over to the Off-colors group, feeling very happy with the song, Rutile mainly.

Jade: you're made to scout
and me write down
both we both love where we're at now.
We share the sun, the world, the sky
and that's the reason why

Steven, Jade: We've all got
lots in common where it really counts

Pinkie, Rhodonite: Where it really counts
we got large amounts.

Rutile: What we look like doesn't count an ounce.

Steven, Pinkie, Jade, Rhodonite, Rutile: We got lots in common where it really counts!

"I predict that Steven, Pinkie, Jade, and two of our Gems are gonna sing a very heart-warming song," said Padparadscha, a small smile on her face.

~~~~~~So after the decent introduction, it was off and working out the Winter Wrap-Up. The Off-Colors were having a bit of a hoot with the whole thing, even if it was simply working to clean up Ponyville. For Fluorite and Padparadscha, they were going through Ponyville, and helping with some of the shoveling. The gentle giant Gem fusion was really enjoying herself, not only because everypony was enjoying their company, but the fact that she was actually helping out in general. How long has it been since she was truly wanted? Fluorite helped gently shovel the snow, Padparadscha taking a joy ride on her back as she went. Working multiple shovels made Fluorite work like a street cleaner: tons of snow being pushed out of the streets to the nearby river, where some other ponies will handle the rest. Surely saved them a lot of time and extra work too.

"Look out everypony, we're about to plow through," said Padparadscha, mainly as a warning just in case somepony was in the way.

"That's three days worth of work done in one afternoon! Thanks for the help," said a pony, as her crew started to work out the snow from there.

"Happy to be of service," Fluorite said, as the two started to stroll off to the town square. Fluorite was a bit new to the attention as she went (it was kinda hard to miss a fusion the size of a cottage), but at least it wasn't of ill intent. As they went, Padparadscha looked over and saw Mr. Greenhooves again, though it seemed he ran into a little snag with his wagon, one wheel stuck in the snow.

"....... He needs our help."

"Who does?" Fluorite asked, stopping for a moment.

"....... A pony has an object stuck over there," Padparadscha answer, pointing to Mr. Greenhooves a ways back. Fluorite could see that the pony just couldn't get his wagon out of the snow. He just had to make that one wrong turn and get himself stuck. Fluorite went over to them, and she simply gave a small push to move the wagon out of the snow for Mr. Greenhooves.

"Ah, about time. Thanks, Gem," Mr. Greenhooves said.

"My pleasure."

"Don't worry, we want to help you."

Mr. Greenhooves had to make up time from the setback, so he had to trot off fairly quickly.

"You know, Padparadscha. I think our time here will be a nice one."

"....... I really like it here," Padparadscha agreed. As they went along, neither had noticed that they were being watched not too far away, hidden off just out of sight behind some remaining snow. And next thing they knew.

*SPLAT*

"... EEP!"

Padparadscha got hit in her side with a snow ball. Looking over, Fluorite soon saw some mares peeking around the corner, the orange Pegasus Scootaloo being the one who threw the snowball. She was joined by Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, and it was clear they want to check out the newcomers.

"You okay?" Fluorite asked. Padparadscha took a minute to give her answer, which was a simple nod. She was more surprised than anything.

"WOW, you're the biggest Crystal Gem I've ever seen!" gasped Apple Bloom, amazed by the size of Fluorite.

"What's the meaning of that attack?" Fluorite asked, not appreciating it.

"Attack? what attack, we're just throwing snowballs," said Scootaloo.

"Why at my friend?"

"I'm alright, it's just chilly," Padparadscha replied, though it was to the previous question.

"Because it's a snowball fight, you're supposed to. We won't be doing this again for the rest of the year, all the ponies are in on it," said Sweetie Belle, before playfully throwing another snowball at Fluorite's nose. The hit was light, and while it made Fluorite's nose chilly, it didn't hurt them much at all. Before they could continue, Scootaloo quickly ducked when another snowball. The fillies look and saw some more of their classmates, whom of which bolted off before they could get hit by them again.

"We gotta go, join up whenever before the snow all melts," said Scootaloo offered, before the girls galloped off after their fellow foals. This snowball flight won't be one they're gonna forget anytime soon.

.......

Meanwhile, in another part of town, Steven and the Rutile twins were helping out with some of the animal team by making up some birdhouses for the return of the birds. It was a fairly decent task, and the twins were ... still trying to work out how to even do this. No Gem on Homeworld was specifically made to create bird houses.

"Ok, so this goes here ... just a little more ..." gently, the twins got the roof of the bird house placed down correctly.

"Good birdhouse," Steven said with a smile. However, when they picked up the birdhouse ... it ended up upside down: the roof on the bottom instead, and the hook on the bottom of it. Everything else was placed as if both ends were in the right spot, so it was literally a roof on the floor of the birdhouse. She compared it to Steven's birdhouse, and quickly saw the problem.

"It's upside-down," said right Rutile.

"Not right-side up," agreed left Rutile.

"No, no, it doesn't have to be. Now yours stands out," Steven insisted. It wasn't textbook, but at least it stayed together. The Rutile twins saw one of the ponies then placing their birdhouse over on a nearby tree. Following Steven, both of them did the same thing on a different branch. And not a moment too soon, as the birds were starting to return back to their summer home. Steven had seen this before, and he was greeted by a small yellow canary.

"Your new home, madam," Steven said, sounding formal as the canary fluttered into her new home. Both twins wondered if a bird was willing to go into their home, but as the flock went by, each of the birds ignored the house.

"No one wants to live in our birdhouse," sighed left Rutile.

*chirp*

Well, she spoke too soon. both Rutiles looked on right Rutile's head, and saw an ivory-billed woodpecker had made a perch on her. It took a look over at the birdhouse they made, and decided to give it a look inside. It looked up and down inside, and after a little bit, went in and got itself more comfortable. Well, that made the twins feel better. When the twins were done, they both took a look at the nearby pond, many a pony skating around upon it. As they looked, Pinkie Pie was actually showing Rhodonite how to skate ... with mixed results.

"I hate this," Rhodonite thought, barely able to keep her balance straight. Her arms flailed around here and there, her legs as stiff as sticks, as Pinkie Pie waved to the others on shore. Well at least one of them was enjoying it.

"You can do it, Rhodonite!" Called the twins. Rhodonite was too preoccupied with this stupid activity to answer. As rutile was focusing on that ...

"Steven!"

A familiar voice, and Steven knew the voice right away. He turned around, and sure enough, he wasn't the only human who was joining in on the Winter Wrap-Up festivities: Connie. Connie with a birdhouse in hand. Of course, she did look a little different, but Steven knew Connie when he saw her.

"Connie! Great to see you here. Nice birdhouse," Steven said, watching her placing the birdhouse on the tree, and a little red cardinal making a home out of it.

"Great to see you at last. Connie's told me a lot about you," she said.

... Wait, what?

"Huh? Oh, sorry, I thought you were my friend Connie, you look so much like her," Steven quickly corrected, a little embarrassed.

"I'm Connie."

"... What? Is this third-person, or -"

"Hey, Steven."

Steven turned around and ... Well, there was Connie in regular. Steven just stayed quiet ... very quiet. Looking back and forth between both Connies.

"... Whaaaaat?"

Both Connies just laughed, the real Connie nudging him.

"Steven. Meet Connie the second: she's my Equestrian counterpart," Connie introduced.

"How do you do?" said Connie II. Steven was surprised on this sudden introduction, and Connie II pulled her hood back to show Steven her cutie mark. Steven had to try and process this for a moment or two before he got his mind properly straight.

"Wait. If she's my Connie. Then, what're you?"

"You know that mirror pool outside of Ponyville? Connie got me out of there for some company. One thing lead to another, and here I am," Connie II explained, keeping it brief and simple. Steven had heard some story about Pinkie's experience with the pool and the infamous story of a "pink pony invasion", though he never realized Connie not only attempted it, but actually got it to work right. Not to say he wasn't amazed by this other Connie though.

"WOW! Can you do magic, Connie the second?" Steven asked, getting excited. Connie II was prepared for this: and pulled something out of her pocket: it appearing to be some sort of silver wand. One of many of her magical doohickeys, honestly, and one she wanted to present today. All she had to do was focus the energy into the wand as if it was a horn, and sure enough, Steven felt himself starting to float up into the air a bit. Steven was impressed with Connie II's attempt, and Connie II added a little color fix and flicked the wand. Suddenly, Steven found himself with pink skin and pink hair like a particular lion.

"Sweet!" Steven gasped, eyes sparkling. Connie II reversed it so his colors were back to normal.

"It took me a few weeks to get that color spell right," Connie II said, putting the wand away.

"You never told me you had a doppelganger, Connie," Steven said.

"Well, we both had been apart for a while," Connie admitted. With what they've been up to, it would be hard to keep track of everything one way or another. The Rutile twins eventually noticed both Connies at this point.

"Another Connie?" they both gasped in amazement. Connie II didn't realize that the Rutile twins were standing there.

"Oh, hi there. A new Gem?" Connie II asked, looking over Rutile with as much intrigue as Dr. Hooves was.

"Yeah, this is Rutile. She arrived a few days ago, and it's her first time in Equestria," Steven explained.

"Connie did mention about some new Gems being with us. Well, you're friends with me, Rutile," Connie II reassured, shaking her hand. The twins were surprised again at how friendly she was being.

"You're not scared either?" asked right Rutile.

"Why should I be? You look like a friendly pair of Gems, besides, there's plenty of scarier things out there. By the way, you want to hear some stories, Steven? I'm heading to the square to share my tales, but you're free to come along," Connie II offered.

"Of course! Can Rutile come too?" Steven offered.

"If they want to," Connie II said. The Rutile twins needed little encouragement.

"Sounds great," they both said. Both Connies started to go off ahead, but after they got some steps. ...

"Oh, one more thing Steven?" Connie II said.

"What's that?"

After a little bit, both Connie's turned to them, smirking, as Connie reached to her cheek, just to remove a magical pad to show HER cutie mark! Connie II used the pad to wipe off her cutie mark, showing it was just some paint.

"I'm Connie. She's Connie the second."

"... I think my brain crashed."

~~~~~~

As time ticked by, the group continued doing their fair share in the town's little event, though the only one who wasn't having as good of a time was Rhodonite. The other Off-Colors were having a fair time with everything, though Rhodonite was still a little bit shaky, considering she nearly killed herself out on the ice with the other ponies earlier. She may be by herself, but both sides were chatting on in her own head at this point, the Fusion isolating herself just in case somepony would see her.

I-I don't know. Everyone looks pretty friendly. I-I mean, no one has tried to hurt us yet. I guess they're not. But what's the rest of the place like? Maybe they'll tell us? W-Well, I don't know anything about this place. I guess they would tell us if we ask. ... Maybe.

"Hey Rhodonite."

Rhodonite jumped on the voice, though it turned out to just be Tiger's Eye, who was on all fours and perched on the nearby rooftop of a cottage. Her cat eyes looked down onto her, Rhodonite withdrawing a little as she hopped down.

"Oh, it's only you Tiger's Eye. You've been keeping out of trouble, right?" Rhodonite asked.

"Yeah I've been fine, and everyone else too: Fluorite and Padparadscha's giving ride to some of the young here, Rutile and Steven are hanging out with Connie and Connie II, and -"

"Connie the second?" Rhodonite asked quizzically. Tiger's Eye scratched the side of her head.

"Apparently humans have their own "cuts" I guess," Tiger's Eye shrugged. She didn't really ask them about it, but she did overhear them while she was roaming around so there was that. Rhodonite wasn't so sure though.

"Steven never mentioned anything about that."

"I know. How're you doing here by the way, you still look a little jittery," Tiger's Eye asked.

"I nearly shattered myself on the ice," Rhodonite quietly admitted, one pair of arms wrapping around herself. Tiger's Eye blinked once before she answered her.

"Come on, Rhodonite, I thought you were over this. You sang that song earlier."

Rhodonite got flustered.

"Ok, so the song was pretty catchy," Rhodonite admitted, a shy smile on her redder face.

"Eh ... well, anyway, it seems the group's going to see Connie II and her stories over in the square. You wanna come?" Tiger's Eye offered. Rhodonite still wasn't sure about this secondary Connie, someone that none of them were told about.

"You sure we can trust them?"

"Maybe," Tiger's Eye simply said. Not too convincing really for this fusion, but ...

.......

"So there I was, face to face with the Bulette. Her mouth was big enough to swallow me up in one easy bite, and I couldn't get pass her, and it was either Yakyakistan or bust. My Calmer's Flute was no match for this beast's anger, so I had to improvise."

It took a bit for Rhodonite and Tiger's Eye to catch up with the others, but they did eventually find them in the town square. A number of ponies had stopped to check out Connie II's story with her encounter with this "Bulette", the other Off-Colors there as well. At this point Connie II was pretty deep into her story, and showed off some of her own magic with her own two hands. Sparkles and an aura of green hovered in the air for a bit as she was explaining, those in the crowd intrigued and amazed with her story.

"What'd we miss?" Tiger's Eye asked, going right over to the rest of the group. Steven was the most into the stories, his eyes still wide and full of amazement.

"Well she talked about she fought off a Chuul, and her experience with something called a Senmurv. Now she's talking about how she faced a Bulette," Connie said, catching them up.

"What happened?" asked a bystander.

"Well she held up quite a fight. But in the end, she was just upset that she couldn't get any sleep, and so many yaks keep taking that route back and forth. So she and I made a deal: she now the Bulette has a comfy home further away from the path. Bet she's plenty happier now," Connie II finished. Not exactly a big ending as some were thinking, but Connie II was pretty good with the end result.

"Wonderful" said Fluorite, giving her own applause along with the others in the crowd. Once she was done with her stories, the crowds started to disperse, and Connie II went over to her counterpart, and the rest of the group.

"You really did that?" asked Padparadscha, possibly from a previous story.

"Every word of it," Connie II simply answered with a smile on her face.

"Amazing," said right Rutile.

"Incredible," agreed the left.

"It's amazing that one individual can do so much, and all by yourself," said Fluorite.

"Well when you put your mind to it, you can do anything. Especially in a world where magic is an option," Connie II joked, her fingers flinging off some sparkling magic their direction to prove her point. Honestly she wasn't wrong, considering how varied and expansive magic is in general.

"Connie the second, you HAVE to come to our world for a bit! Everyone will go crazy seeing you!" Steven insisted. Connie II turned a bit humbled on that answer, and Connie knew why.

"Eh, well, I don't know Steven. My mom and dad would probably get very hysterical if they found another "me" running around," Connie admitted. That was the biggest reason for it in the first place, since the very beginning, and both counterparts understood it all though it did bum out Steven a bit.

"Um ... actually, maybe it can work out," Jade actually decided.

"How so?" both Connies asked.

"Earth's been going through a ... I don't know, a shift? And at this point I think you going around may not be as bad as you think," Jade pointed out.

"Wait, you're right: Remorhaz, the light beasts, that pterodactyl thing during the race, maybe a doppelganger won't be too bad," Steven realized. Both Connies started to see what point they were actually making here.

"Well ... Maybe it couldn't hurt for a little visit in the future."

"SWEET!" Steven beamed. Sounded like Connie II will finally be coming back to their world after all. It couldn't hurt for a little visit, right?

.......

Further away, and without much of their knowledge, there was another player in this game that was seeing the situation from its perch, hidden off just out of sight from many a pony, human, gem, or otherwise. It was silent, curious, and a bit intrigued by the stories it had just heard about. All it simply did was give a calm, low groan, one of which none of them had picked up on. With that, it slowly slithered away, now with some new information to work with. ...

Author's Note:

Anyone who loves Charlotte's web would love this one :pinkiehappy:. Yeah, this chapter isn't too big on an exact plot, but more character-based honestly. But hey, it's fun to play around with the Off-Colors :rainbowlaugh:. And, just in case you might not know:


This is a Chuul.


Here's a Senmurv.


And here's the Bulette.
Boy Connie the second's been a busy bee, hasn't she?