• Published 30th Aug 2017
  • 318 Views, 1 Comments

G.O. Force x My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Illegitimate Spark - Saphirus92



Based off my original stories and My Little Pony Equestria girls, Mihana of the Runner Family learns of an illegitimate Runner, her name, Twilight Sparkle, but while tracking her down in Ponyville, a bigger mystery is about to unfold

  • ...
 1
 318

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It has been a few weeks since the group met Twilight and her family. While Hyde and Blaster investigate the mysterious shooting around Ponyville, Mihana and Twilight begin spending a lot of time together. Through Mihana, Twilight begins to learn more about the Runner Family. Mihana also tells Twilight about her Mother and her siblings, both biological and adopted, but mysteriously leaving out her Father. Whenever Twilight asks about her father, Leonardo, Mihana is quick to change the subject. One morning, when twilight is about to leave for school, she is greeted by Fluttershy, Mihana, and Jessie.

“Oh, good morning.” Twilight smiles.

“Good Morning Twilight-Chan,” Fluttershy said back

"what brings you guys here?" Twilight asks while walking down the road, with Mihana, Jessie, and Fluttershy following her.

“We thought it would be nice to walk you to school.” Mihana smiled.

"Oh, thanks, guys." Twilight smiled brightly. She then looks around. “where’s Mr. Hyde and Blaster?” she asks

"They're doing some investigating into the Shootings around town, trying to find that stranger who shot Fluttershy and tracking down that Orbit gun," Jessie replied to Twilight.

“Oh, I see. I hope they find something. From what I hear, it’s been months since the last one.” Twilight said.

As the four walks down the road, Jessie finally spoke up,

“Hey Twilight, I’ve always wondered something, why is this place called Ponyville anyway?” Jessie asked with a confused look on his face.

“Oh, that’s simple, our town crest shows the image of an earth pony, Pegasus, and unicorn, surrounded by four alicorns. Originally the town was going to be named something else, however, visitors would see the crest and nickname the place pony town or village. eventually, the nickname stuck, and Ponyville was born.” Twilight explained.

“Oh, wow. For a second there I thought all of you were like, pony people in disguise.” Jessie replied.

The girls all laugh at Jessie’s comment

"You've been hanging around Papa way too long," Mihana tells Jessie while chuckling.

----

The four soon arrive at Canterlot High, at the front doors stands Vice-Principal Luna, welcoming the students as they enter.

“ah, Ms. Sparkle and Fluttershy. So good of you two to be here on time for once.” Luna smirks

"Good morning to you too Vice-Principal Luna," Twilight said while bowing to her.

“Y-Yea…Good morning.” Fluttershy nervously said.

Luna watches as Twilight and Fluttershy enter the building, but her sight soon falls on Mihana and Jessie.

“Runner and Overlace, was it?” Luna asked the two.

"Yes, ma'am," Jessie replies.

“I assume you were here to walk Sparkle and Fluttershy here. But why are you still here?” Luna asks.

"You see ma'am, we were hoping if we could use your school's library," Mihana replied.

“For what exactly?

"We just want to do some research on the shooting around town, we already been to the town library and didn't find much, so we thought we try here," Jessie said to her.

“You mean those silly little rumors of people being mysterious shot but coming out unharmed? Why would you want to research such a silly little topic?” Luna asked with a raised eyebrow.

“It’s kinda our thing to investigate strange happenings…” Jessie smiled nervously.

Luna places her chin in her hand and thinks,

“well, it’s against school rules to allow strangers in…but since Celestia trusts you, I suppose no harm will be done. IF you two behave yourselves.” She said to them.

"Oh yes, ma'am. We will." Mihana said as she looked directly at Jessie, who was sheepishly looking away from her.

“Good. Follow me please.” Luna said as she entered the school with Mihana and Jessie close behind her.

----

As Mihana and Jessie follow Luna, they marvel at the sheer size and scope at the inside of Canterlot High, while peeking into a few of the classrooms while class was in progress.

Luna soon comes to a massive two-story library, leaving Mihana and Jessie in awe.

“Everything you need is here. If you need me I’ll be in my office. I remind you again, behave yourselves.” Luna told the two.

“Yes Ma’am.” Jessie and Mihana replied as Luna felt the library.

“Man, this place is huge. My old school has nothing on this place.” Jessie commented while looking around

“Yea, but let’s get started," Mihana said as she took a seat at a computer desk.

“what do you think we’ll find here?” Jessie asked.

“I dunno, but hopefully something. Uncle Hyde and Blaster have the local library and townhall covered we can at least help.” Mihana said with a serious look on her face.

“well…ok then…” a bewildered Jessie said as he got to work himself.

-a few hours later-

“Man, I’m bored…” Jessie whined.

"You hardly did anything," Mihana said while still working on a computer.

“If you want something to do, then I might have something," Luna said from the doorway.

“GAH!” Jessie yelped as Luna’s sudden appearance caused him to fall out of his chair.

"what is it, Vice-Principal Luna?" Mihana asked.

“I need someone to give this note to the head of the party planning committee. She’s setting up for the fall formal. And with everyone still in class, I figured one of you could do it.” Luna said.

"I'll do it," Jessie said as he got up and walked over to Luna.

"Very good then," Luna said as she gave the note to Jessie. "She'll be in the gym. It's down the hall to the left. You can't miss it." Luna said and left.

"I'll be back," Jessie said to Mihana.

“Don’t get into any trouble!” Mihana called out to him.

“Yea, yea…” Jessie replied while waving his hand at her and walking away.

----

Jessie eventually makes it to the Gymnasium. There he sees the entire gym beautifully decorated with streamers, balloons, and banners hanging on the walls and ceilings.

“Whoa…check this place out…This is really something.” Jessie said to himself.

“Thank you!” a voice suddenly blurred out.

"GAHH!!!" Jessie yelled while jumping from fright. Jessie turns around to find the source of the voice, instead, he sees a girl. The girl is about Twilight's age, but will a striped T-shirt, cutoffs and wild brilliant rose hair that looks like pink chewing gum.

“I did it myself. Been working on it since morning.” The girl said to Jessie.

“wait…you did all this? By yourself?” a bewildered Jessie asked.

“yep. It’s kinda my thing around here.” The girl smiled while walking pass Jessie.

"Wow." A speechless Jessie said as he watched the girl climb up a latter to hang up a banner. "So, if you did this, you must be part of the Party planning committee. I'm looking for a…Pinkamena D. Pie.” Jessie asked the girl.

“Hai, that’s me. But everyone calls me Pinkie Pie instead.” She smiles while sliding down the latter.

“Oh, well then uh…Pinkie Pie…Vice-Principal Luna told me to give you this.” Jessie said while handing out the note.

In a quick pink blur, Pinkie Pie snatches the note out of his hand and reads it.

“yep, got it!” she yells and gets back to work.

“So…You really went all out for this formal thing…” Jessie said while looking around the gym once more.

“Tsh, this ain’t nothing.” Pinkie Pie said while blowing up some balloons. “You should have seen last years. Now that was a party!" she happily smiled.

“Heh, right…” Jessie smirked while leaning against the wall.

“Hey…wait a minute…Now that I think about it…I’ve never seen you around her before…” Pinkie pie said while giving Jessie a suspicious look.

Jessie was caught off guard by Pinkie’s remark and tried to think of something to say.

“Uh well uh…My name is Jessie Overlace…and I’m…”

“A new student? A transfer? A foreign exchange student?” Pinkie Pie asked while happily jumping up and down in front of Jessie. She suddenly stops and lets out a loud and long gasp.

“Are you one of those aliens everyone talks about on the news?!!!” Pinkie Pie loudly asks while getting very close to Jessie’s face. Dumbfounded by the sudden questions, Jessie tries to speak.

“Wh-what? N-no. I’m from Earth and- “

“Pinkie Pie!” a voiced called out

Suddenly bursting through the side door was a tall, tanned skin girl walked in, holding several cases of fizzing pop in each hand.

“Where do you want these to go?” she called.

"Whoa,…she's strong." Jessie marveled as he watched the girl holding the cases with ease. She wore a western suit outfit, complete with a cowboy hat and boots.

“Put them over there AJ!” Pinkie called as she pointed to the corner of the gym.

“AJ?” Jessie asked

“Yea, That’s Applejack, my cousin.” Pinkie Pie happily said.

"Really?" a stunned Jessie said as he looked at Pinkie and Applejack while noticing how much taller Applejack was than Pinkie and their whole attire. “Uh…Could have fooled me.” Jessie remarked.

"Who's your friend there, Pinkie?" Applejack asks while noticing Jessie, upon being noticed, Jessie tries to introduce himself.

“Oh, uh…I’m Jessie…Jessie Overlace and I’m- “

"Well it's mighty fine t' meet ya, Jessie, I'm Applejack, any friend of Pinkie's is a friend of mine." Applejack said as she grabbed Jessie's hand and shook it hard and fast.

“GAH! Y-yea...n-nice to meet you too!” Jessie grunted while struggling to get out of Applejack’s grip. “Geez, this girl has the strength of an ox!” Jessie thinks to himself. After a few more minutes of handshaking, Jessie finally frees himself from Applejack's grip.

"I knew you guys would become friends." Pinkie Pie giggled.

“Yea...something like that…” Jessie said while holding his newly bruised hand.

“Jessie-Kun?” a voice called out to Jessie. Jessie looks over and sees Twilight and Fluttershy at the doorway.

“Oh, Yea guys!” Jessie called.

“You know this feller Twi?” Applejack asked her

“Yea, He’s my cousin’s boyfriend, I told you about him, remember? What are you doing here?” Twilight asked.

"Well…uh…" Jessie tried to think of something as Hyde told him to not tell anyone else about the Orbit Gun. "Mihana and I are just borrowing the school library for research." He responded.

“Oh, Mihana-Chan is here too?” Twilight asked a little stunned.

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie lets out a loud and long gasp. “YOUR COUSIN IS HERE?! WHY DIDN’T YOU SAY SO?! I WANNA MEET HER!” Pinkie Pie shouts as she tries to run off, only to be caught by Applejack.

“Hold on there Sugercube, we still have work to do here.” Applejack tells Pinkie Pie.

“Aw, Phewie…” Pinkie Pie pouts.

"It's ok Pinkie, Fluttershy and I were sent to help out with the party decorations," Twilight said.

“ah, that’s mighty kind of ya, Twi” Applejack happily smiled.

However, soon enough, a thought pops into Twilight’s head as she slyly smiles.

“But…since Jessie is here...You’d already have enough people, and won’t be needing me. So instead I’ll just go and…check on Mihana-chan, ok bye!” Twilight says as she suddenly runs out of the Gym, leaving everyone stunned.

“Uh?! HEY! TWILIGHT!” Jessie shouts as he soon grunts. “That alil…” he says as he runs after her. “GET BACK HERE!!!”

As Jessie tries to run after Twilight, he suddenly bumps into another student who was walking by.

“Hey! Watch it!” the student shouted.

Jessie looks at the student he just bumped into, the student is wearing a Gakuran school uniform, with a cap on. Under the cap, Jessie can see what looks like rainbow hair.

“Oh…uh, sorry man. Didn’t see where I was going.” Jessie apologized.

While this goes on, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie watch as the student give Jessie a dirty look before walking away.

“You better be sorry…ain’t no punk with clown hair going to ruin my day.” The student spat while walking down the hall.

Upon hearing the words ‘clown hair’, flames began to burst from Jessie’s eyes.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY YOU LIL’ SHIT?!!!” Jessie yells

Fluttershy’s eyes widen with fear as she watches Jessie.

“Oh no, it’s just like what Twilight said happened the last time!” Fluttershy thinks to herself.

-Quick flashback of Jessie slugging a thug after meeting Twilight-

Fluttershy runs over to the enraged Jessie.

"JESSIE! Please! Stop!" she screams. Sensing trouble, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie run after her.

“YOUR ASS IS MINE PUNK!!!” Jessie screams while running after the student who insulted his hair, only to be stopped by Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack.

“Jessie! Please! Don’t do this!” Fluttershy pleads with him.

“Whoa! What’s gotten into you?!” Pinkie Pie cries out.

"Whoa, there partner! That ain't gentlemen like! Now ease on down!” Applejack said as she holds Jessie back by his arms. Holding him in place.

The student simply looks back at the struggle, he scoffs at the group and then walks away. Once the student was out of sight, Jessie gives up his struggle and falls to the ground, panting. The girls sigh a breath of relief that Jessie had finally calmed down.

“Hmph…asshole...” Jessie huffs.

“ah, don’t let him get t’ ya.” Applejack reassures Jessie.

“Who was that guy anyway?” Jessie asks.

“Rainbow Dash? He’s just a big party pooper, He thinks he’s a big shot cause he’s captain of most of the sports teams in the school.” Pinkie Pie answers.

"Rainbow Dash, Huh? His ass is mine the next time I see him…" Jessie thinks to himself.

“A-are you all right, Jessie-kun?” Fluttershy softly asks

“Yea…S-sorry about that guys…” Jessie replies while looking down in shame.

“Ain’t no big deal Sugercube, but you got one hell of a temper tha’s for sure. And over hair too! Ain’t your pa or ma ever tell ya not to get so riled up like that?” Applejack said in a serious tone.

Jessie rubs the back of his head in embarrassment,

“Yea…their not the only ones…” Jessie responded.

Applejack sighed and helped Jessie up from the ground.

“Just try t’ keep a cool head for now on, ok?” Applejack asked

“No promises” Jessie shrugged his shoulders and smiled.

“Your’ a nice fella Jessie, I like you.” Applejack smiled.

"and you, geez, I only know like two guys who can hold me back the way you did," Jessie commented on Applejack's strength.

“Oh, you have no idea! Applejack is like crazy strong!” Pinkie Pie said as she skipped back into the gym.

“ah, what can I say? Farm work ain’t an easy job." Applejack blushed while smiling. "Now come on Y'all, we got work too." Applejack command.

“yea…work…your next Twilight…” Jessie said under his breath as Fluttershy pats his shoulder before walking back into the gym.

----

Twilight walks into the library and sees Mihana busy at a computer desk. Twilight walks over to Mihana and taps her shoulder.

"Hey, Mihana-Chan" Twilight says, while also making Mihana jump a bit.

“OH! Twilight…I…I thought you were in class.” A surprised Mihana said.

“I was kinda chosen to help decorate the gym, but Jessie said he would cover for me and so I decided to see you.” Twilight smiled.

“Jessie…said he would cover…for you?” Mihana asked Twilight while looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

“Hehe, y-yea.” Twilight nervously smiled while rubbing the back of her head. “Anyway, what are you doing here?” she asks.

“Looking up those shootings. Uncle Hyde and Blaster are doing the same, so I figured I do the same.” Mihana answered.

“I see…Find anything?” Twilight asks.

"Nothing…it's like the people who were shot never reported or just…disappeared," Mihana said in a worried tone.

"I'm sure you'll find something," Twilight reassured her while sitting next to Mihana. "Mihana, can I ask you something?" Twilight asks

“yes?”

“Why are you so determined about all of this? Jessie told me when you guys first got here, you were…how Jessie put it…hellbent on finding me. Now that this whole ‘orbit gun’ business started, you’ve been focused on that as well…Why?” Twilight asks.

Mihana stops what’s she’s doing and looks down,

“I don’t want to let them down…again.”

“What do you mean?” Twilight asks in a confused tone.

“A while back…My papa and I…we weren’t on very good terms…Long before I was born, or before he even met my mama…My papa was part of the Order, he was even one of the original eight members of G.O. Force, along with Uncle Hyde and Blaster. Growing up, I thought it was cool what my papa was doing, but I as I grew other, it felt like all my papa cared about was fighting…and I won't lie…I started to act sorta like a brat for it…not only did I give papa a hard time, I have the rest of the family a hard time…and I mean…I real hard time." Mihana said while placing her head into her hands.

Twilight places her hand on her shoulder, as Mihana sat up and took a deep breath.

“I did some things that most Runner would consider disgraceful…but I didn't care, I was angry cause this stupid job took away my papa. But then one day, my grandmother...or our grandmother…Lucy gave me what most would call, ‘a kick in the pants', and man was it a hard kick. She gave me an in-depth history on the Runner family and saw all the sacrifices Runners made over the years, including the ones my papa made. At that point, I realized how much of a brat I was, and my Orbit finally awoke. After that…I vowed to better for not just my family but for my papa.” Mihana said while holding a fist to her chest.

“Mihana…where is your papa now?” Twilight asked with a frown.

“I don’t know…and even if I did know…I’m not allowed to tell. But where ever he is…I’m sure he’ll be back. I know it.” Mihana replies.

Upon hearing Mihana’s answer, Twilight begins to wonder if her father, Leonardo, would do the same.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to dump on you like that.” Mihana apologies while wiping her eyes.

“No, no, it’s ok. I was going to ask you more about the Runner family anyway. Thanks.” Twilight smiled.

Mihana smiles back as the two begin to talk once more.

----

Sometime after the school day, Jessie, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Fluttershy wait by the front door.

“Man... I never thought I work so hard just to set up for some party…” Jessie winced.

"You get used to it." Pinkie smiled while she looked like she had more energy to spare.

The four as soon joined by Mihana and Twilight.

"Hey everyone," Twilight said, but her smile turns sour when she sees Jessie sowling at her.

“Glad you could join us.” Applejack said to Twilight with arms crossed.

“Sorry, it’s my fault, I held her up," Mihana said while bowing.

“Heh, I figured,” Applejack said while adjusting her hat. “So, you much be this long-lost cousin we heard ‘bout, Name’s Applejack, nice to meet ya’.” She said while shaking Mihana’s hand

“Oh, nice to meet you…” Mihana smiled. “Man, this girl has some grip.” She thinks to herself.

In a blinding pink blur, Pinkie Pie appears before Mihana.

“GAH!” Mihana jumps upon seeing the sudden appears of Pinkie

“HI there! I’m Pinkie Pie! Twilight told us so much about you! Are you really a mermaid?! Are you really an alien?! Is it true that Twilight and Fluttershy have superpowers?! Do you have superpowers?!” Pinkie asks as her wide excited eyes stare deeply into Mihana’s shocked and nervous eyes.

“Uh…” was all Mihana could say as the sudden questions completely dumbfounded her.

“I know, right?” Jessie commented to Mihana.

“Heh, Sorry ‘bout that. My cuz gits a bit too excited when meetin’ someone new.” Applejack said as she pulled Pinkie Pie away from Mihana.

"Uh, it's ok. Really. I don't mind." Mihana laughs Nervously, while Jessie, Twilight, and Fluttershy snicker under their breaths.

When the group walks out of the school, they see Hyde and Blaster standing at the front gates.

“Mr. Hyde? Mr. Walland? What are you doing here?” Twilight asked.

"Your mom asked us to pick you up after school, she said she wants you to pick up a few things for dinner," Hyde replied while handing Twilight a small piece of paper.

"Aww,…she knows I hate doing the shopping!" Twilight whined.

“I figure that’s payback for bailin’ out on us, huh?” Applejack chuckled, follow by Mihana and Jessie.

“What now?” Hyde asked.

“Twilight-chan and I were supposed to help decorate the gym, but she skipped out on it and made Jessie do her work," Fluttershy explained.

“Wait, You and Him, do your work?” Hyde asked Twilight as she nodded. “Hehe, Damn girl. You must be a Runner then.” Hyde chuckled while twilight rubbed the back of her head with a nervous smile.

“What are you two doing here?” Blaster asked Mihana and Jessie.

“We thought we’d help you on your…ahem…’research’” Jessie replied.

"Research? Oh! yes! Our research, uh…thanks, guys." Blaster says while Hyde rolls his eyes at him.

“What Research?” Pinkie Pie asked while appearing behind Hyde and Blaster. Pinkie’s sudden appears makes Hyde jump while Blaster seemingly disappears in a puff of dust.

"Wh-what the…" dumbfounded, Hyde looks from where Pinkie is now to where she was. "How did you…"

“She does that…” Jessie explained

“GAH! This is so exciting! Meeting so many new people all at once!” At that moment, Pinkie lets out another deep gasp, “We should throw a party! Do you like parties?! I love parties! We should totally have one!” Pinkie cheered while Hyde gave her a deeply confused face.

“Aw, a party, for us? How nice of you.” Blaster’s voice spoke out.

Upon hearing Blaster’s voice, the group looks around to try and spot him. Fluttershy eventually looks up and sees Blaster hanging from a tree limb.

“Blaster falls down now.” He says as the limb finally breaks off, causing Blaster to faceplant to the floor, landing right in front of Hyde and Pinkie. Blaster then stands back up, as if nothing had happened and smiles.

“So…Are you guys aliens? Are you from another galaxy? Do they have parties on your planet? Do you like cake? DO YOU HAVE SUPER POWERS LIKE G.O. FORCE AND TWILIGHT?!!” Pinkie Pie asked once again while happily jumping up and down.

“Yes, Yes, Yes, and Duh, who doesn’t? and no.” Blaster replied while answering all of Pinkie’s questions in order.

Pinkie lets out another long and deep gasp before clinging on to Blaster for a hug.

“I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! MY FIRST FRIEND WHOSE ALSO AN ALIEN! THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!” Pinkie cries for joy

“Heh, I like this kid, she’s weird.” Blaster chuckles.

"Yea, you would," Hyde smirks, while Twilight, Fluttershy, Mihana, and Jessie all giggle.

At that moment, Applejack pries Pinkie Pie away from Blaster.

“Mah Apologies sir, my cuz can be alil to hype’. Name’s Applejack.” Applejack said while holding on to Pinkie by the back of her collar.

“and I’m Pinkie Pie!” Pinkie happily proclaimed while waving her hand.

“Friends of your’s Twilight?” Hyde asked

"Hehe, Yea, I've known them for a while now," Twilight replied while chuckling.

“Pleased to meet ya,” Applejack said while holding out her hand to shake Hyde’s right hand.

“Hyde. The dweeb next to me is my brother, J’onn.” Hyde said while shaking Applejack’s hand

“Nice to meet ya’ll, and Wo-We! You got some grip with that hand ther’ mister.” Applejack exclaimed while shaking hands with Hyde.

“Uh…yea…you could say that.” Hyde smiled nervously.

"Well, it was nice meetin' all ya'll. But I have to git goin'. Have to pick up my lil sis from school, and this one's sis gets mighty crabby if she's late." Applejack said while putting Pinkie Pie over her shoulder.

“Trust me, it’s not a good idea to get Maud angry.” Pinkie whispered.

"Cya Twi, Fluttershy. It was nice meetin' ya Mihana. And Jessie, remember to keep that temper in check." Applejack said while walking off with Pinkie Pie over her shoulder.

“It was nice meeting you too.” Mihana smiled.

"BYE, YOU GUYS!!!" Pinkie cries out while waving goodbye.

Once Applejack and Pinkie are out of view, Hyde looks over to Jessie with a raised eyebrow and a mean glare.

“Do I even want to know?” Hyde simply asks.

"Well uh,…see you…there was this guy…and uh…well..." Jessie struggled to find the words he wanted to use to explain himself to Hyde.

“Um…well, Jessie almost got into a fight…But it wasn’t his fault. Rainbow Dash made fun of his hair! Jessie was about to do something like before, but Applejack, Pinkie and I stopped him just in time.” Fluttershy explained.

“Ugh, Rainbow Dash…I should have known. I really won’t mind if you busted his teeth for once.” Twilight scoffed.

Hyde pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed deeply.

“well whoever started it, the last thing we need is you causing trouble at ANOTHER school. You’re lucky Fluttershy and those girls were there to stop you.” Hyde harshly said to Jessie while he rubbed the back of his head.

“Sorry…” Jessie said in a low voice.

“I Kinda like those girls. That Pie girl kinda reminded me of…well…me when I was her age.” Blaster smiled.

“What do you mean ‘Kinda’?” Hyde asked with a smirk on his face. Blaster responded to Hyde comment by playfully punching Hyde’s arm. Hyde responded by punching Blaster in his arm while chuckling.

“Alright everyone, let’s get a move on. Your mom would be home until late this evening, and you got shopping to do.” Hyde said to the group.

“I know…” Twilight grumbled.

“Coming Fluttershy?” Blaster asked.

“Oh, I wish, but I have worked at the animal sanctuary. I’ll see you all tomorrow though.” Fluttershy responded.

“Alright then, cya.” Blaster said.

As the group waved goodbye to Fluttershy, they made their way to the market district.

-----

The five spend about an hour collecting the items Twilight's mother requested before stopping to grab a bite to eat at a local fast food place. During which, Hyde notices Twilight giving an uncertain look.

“Alright, split it,” Hyde says to Twilight

“u-uh?” A surprised Twilight replied.

“You have something on your mind. So just let it out.” Hyde demanded.

Mihana, Jessie, and Blaster all look to Twilight to see what she had to say. Twilight shallows hard and thought of what she wanted to say.

“I want to know more about Orbit. Like how it works and stuff. I know you said you’d tell me at a later time, but I just want to know.” Twilight said to Hyde.

Hyde sighed and stood up,

"Let's take this outside." He said and walked out, as Mihana, Jessie, Blaster, and Twilight followed him. Once outside, Hyde looked over to Twilight. “So, you wanna know about Orbit huh? Well truthy…I don’t know much a whole lot about it either. I was hoping you’d wait until your uncle came and explained it to you.”

“My Uncle?” Twilight asked.

“Papa?” a shocked Mihana asked.

“Wait, Red’s coming here?” Jessie asked

"Yep, D said he was coming back to see you. And I figured he'd explain what Orbit is to you since his master explained it to him. But since you want to know so badly, I guess I can cover the basics." Hyde said

“o-ok…” Twilight said as she took a seat on a bench, with Mihana and Jessie joining her. Hyde and Blaster stood before the three. Blaster looks to Hyde and Hyde nods his head. The two men then took out their Orbs.

“Has you already known, Orbit is a set and/or a collection of abilities and powers a person has or born with. For someone to have an Orbit, they must be Orb-Enhanced, meaning they must be born with or bond to a Power Orb, like these, only Blaster and I were born with these orbs.” Hyde explained while Twilight was writing down notes “Another thing you should know about Orbit is that they come in different types.”

“Types? Like those creatures from that video game?” Twilight asked

“NO TWILIGHT! Orbit is NOT POKEMON! but yes, it’s kinda like that…” Blaster remarked, leaving Jessie and Mihana to chuckle.

"It's ok, I made the same mistake," Jessie whispered to Twilight.

“Oy…Nerds…” Hyde mumbled while rolling his eyes. “Anyway, different orbit users often fall into different types or styles depending on their orbit. You have the normal types were a person’s orbit gives them enhanced Strength, speed, reflexes, eyesight, hearing, and durability. The second type is for users who have body modifications. The third type is mostly a subgroup of Orbit users known as elementals, meaning they can control one or more of an element, like fire, water, earth air, etc. But it’s important to understand, no two person’s orbits are the same.”

“You mean, two people can’t have the same powers?” Twilight asked as she kept writing down notes

"We're not saying it's not possible for two people to have the same orbit, it's just that it's extremely rare," Blaster told Twilight.

"But how is that possible?" Twilight asked with eager eyes.

“With so many power/ability combinations, the odds of two or more people getting the same Orbit is a pretty slim chance," Hyde explained.

“I see…” Twilight said as she continued writing. As she wrote, Jessie was amazed by how many pages she had written.

Hyde looked at his watch,

“it’s getting late, we should go.” He said

“But wait! I have so many other questions! What’s kind of body modifications are there? What other elements are there? What kind of training do you need?” Twilight asked while trying to get more information out of Hyde.

"We can talk about it later, now let's go," Hyde said while slightly annoyed.

“But-But-But-!!!” Twilight said before being picked up by Hyde and being placed over his shoulder

“I said. Later.” Hyde grunted. “I knew it was a can of worms, but I opened it anyway…” Hyde thought to himself as Blaster, Jessie and Mihana followed him.

---

Eventually, Hyde sets Twilight down, only on the promise that she won’t annoy him with more questions. While walking with Mihana and Jessie, Twilight looks over her notes.

“I still can’t believe all this stuff is for real, and it’s only the tip of the iceberg!” Twilight happily said.

“Don’t expect to understand it all at once. There’s still a lot to cover.” Mihana told Twilight.

“One thing I don’t get…” Twilight said with a confused look,

“‘One’ Thing?” Jessie asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Mr. Hyde said you two were able to find me by sensing my presence, but that would mean you two have the same ability, and Hyde said that it was rare for two people to have the same ability sets."

“It’s simple really.” Mihana said, “While yes, it is rare for two people to have the same orbit, there are some abilities all orbit users have, one of them is being able to sense other nearby Orbit users.” Mihana explained.

“Interesting," Twilight said while writing it down in her notebook.

"There's also the Orbit throw," Jessie said

“What’s that one?”

Jessie looks around and sees a trash can with a lid on it. Jessie takes the lid and throws it hard at a wall across the street. During which, both Jessie’s hand and the trash lip was surrounded by a bright red aura. Once the lids touch the wall, it flies back to Jessie’s hand.

"That is," Jessie said.

“WHOA!!” Twilight says as her eyes are wide open and while she furiously writes in her notebook. Mihana shakes her head while smirking at Twilight’s reaction. “And…I can do something like that?” Twilight asked

“well, yea. But it takes a lot of practice. Trust me, the first few times…won’t be pretty.” Jessie said while rubbing the back of his head with a nervous smile.

“I think I’ll be looking forward to that.” Twilight smiled.

Suddenly, without warning, a young man, about Twilight’s height, rams into Twilight, knocking her over to the ground, while the young man keeps running. "ow!" Twilight says as she rubs her backside.

“Twilight! Are you ok?” Mihana said as she helped Twilight up.

“yea, guess I should watch where I’m going.” Twilight sheepishly replied.

“HEY BUDDY! WATCH IT, WILL YA!?! Gilipollas…” Jessie shouted as he watched the young man run down the corner. “who was that guy?”

“No clue…” Twilight said as she dusted herself.

“Oh My! Twilight! Your uniform!” Mihana exclaimed as she pointed out that Twilight’s uniform was covered in dirt.

“Geez, was that guy rolling in the mud or something?” Jessie flatly asked.

“Eww.” Twilight cringed as she tried to wipe the dust off her.

“Come on, let's get you cleaned up," Mihana said as she leads Twilight to her house, there Hyde and Blaster were waiting.

“There you guys are.” Blaster said to the trio.

"Geez Twi, what you do? Take a mud bath?" Hyde asks upon seeing the huge dirt stain on her uniform.

"Some punk coded in dirt ran into Twilight, didn't even stop to say sorry," Jessie explained.

“Oy…kids these days,” Hyde said while shaking his head. “well it ain’t too bad, just a simple wash and it’ll come right out.”

"Twilight, we already bought the groceries into the house, your brothers are home as well." Blaster said to her.

"Thanks, guys." Twilight as she headed to the door.

"Time to head back to the hotel you two," Hyde said to Mihana and Jessie.

"Actually, if it's all right. We'd like to stay with Twilight for a little while longer." Mihana said to Hyde while making Twilight smile.

“Fine, Fine. Just don’t be out too late.” Hyde said as he walked over to Jessie and handed him a small device. “Just in case.” He said as Jessie nodded to Hyde, after which, Hyde began walking away.

"Cya you guys later, and see you tomorrow Twilight." Blaster said while waving goodbye.

Twilight smiled at Jessie and Mihana and welcomed them into her home.

---

Elsewhere down an alleyway, the same young man who knocked over Twilight stops by a trash can, from there, a shadowy figure stepped forward.

"Well?" the figure asked.

“I followed them like you said and I tagged her. I now have a way to get in without being detected.” The young man said to figure.

“Good. Once you’re in, take Sparkle and bring her to the meeting spot.” The figure commanded

“Gotcha” the young man nodded.

“and make it quick, the others are getting impatient, there can be no mistakes this time.” The figure said to the young man.

"Relax, they don't call me Quicktrip for nothing." He smiled before disappearing into dust.

Author's Note:

Be sure to check out the terminology blog for this back, which is right here.