• Published 16th Jun 2018
  • 203 Views, 1 Comments

Minus - Minus



I remember it like it was yesterday. Are the details of my self-help group that impotant though? Okay then.

  • ...
 1
 203

Chapter 1, Yesterday

My head is killing me. Is someone setting bells off in my ears? I'm really dizzy. I guess it doesn't hurt exactly, but the thumping. I probably got drunk. Of course I do, I'm Princess Celestia. Wow, no sense of humour? What, from the beginning? That's not gonna be easy.

Well I got up out of bed. I slept in late because I don't have anything else to look forward to in the day, other than my self-help group. It starts at 6PM. There's like 6 of us that go there. Double is an earth pony with a black... Like what? Then I guess I'd say Double is, unlucky. Things always seem to go wrong for him. Mundane things, but they go badly big. They go, very badly. Sorry that sounded weird, the throbbing is starting to go a bit but it's still making this hard.

Flint is funny. He's not a jokester I wouldn't say but we have fun arguing. Debating is the friend word for argue, so I guess we debate. It often ends in laughter. Algo and Minty are a cute couple. Minty's an artist like me, we compete sometimes, all in fun. Algo is. Nice. He is nice, he is. Oh wow I couldn't have made that sound worse. That's not even the headache at work I just, he is nice. But he makes me uncomfortable. I think he has a thing for me. The thought he'd cheat on Minty really pisses me off. And he knows I'd never cheat either. Chess Piece. My coltfriend. Yeah he's the group organiser. That's not a crime is it? I know like doctors arent allowed to date patients but this isn't like that. Oh, you just had that look on your face.

Uuuh, Vee is, intimidating. She will sometimes slap you with her wings, I don't think she realises how hard she's doing it. You'd think she wouldn't risk ruffling her feathers like that, she's very big on wing, presentation. Was that a weird choice of word? Well her cutie-mark is 3 purple feathers. It always seems sad to me when a pony gets a mark that shows their talent is their race. Oh no, don't tell her I said something that horrible. Other members... Flint, Algo, Minty, Vee, uh, Chess, Oh and Double. That's everypony.

About, 2 months? It feels like a year. I can barely remember not being with him. No, he lives far away. He's such a workaholic he even spends his vacation time here doing volunteer work. Griffonstone. Yes he is a pony. Yeah. I know it's not a safe place right now. I have told him to move here over and over, but he really thinks things are going to get better over there. But it wont. It's getting violent, and it will only get worse. Basically a civil war. Why are you asking me that? I don't think I'm the best to ask. I'm probably a bit biased.

How long have I been sleeping? Even if it's been years I can handle it. You wouldn't have asked me that if they were still fighting, so I must have been asleep for a long time now. Oh. No, nothing specific happened on that day. But you already know it was Monday. The 28th. I have a question though, why am I here? What happened to me? Well I don't remember anything happening to me. The group meeting wasn't interesting. I only really go to spend time with Chess. When we cuddle, you can't tell where his mane starts and mine begins!

Wow gosh, sorry. We were talking about fairy tales. Chess wanted us to all try and write our own. Be as creative as we wanted, have a happy ending, and a morale. Of course he did that for me, since he knows I write. But I'm not so sad that I need to beat a bunch of foal-minded ponies to feel better. Still it's the thought that counts I guess. We spoke about the flutterponies, about Tambalon, the classics. Do you know how dark the original stories are? You wouldn't believe how twisted these stories were before they were toned down for foals.

Yeah we spoke about fairy tales the entire time. Then I went home. That's right, the ugly looking place. I live alone. I did have a roomate though. Tilde, a griffon. I could talk about her for days! Filthy, rude, yeah? Hmm no. I didn't eat anything. That is odd, I never felt hungry the entire day. I went to bed and never felt the urge to eat at any point. I didn't sleep, I spent the night writing my fairy tale idea. Once I have an idea for a book I can't sleep until it's on paper! I think I stayed up until 9:30AM. I remember it being really bright outside. I don't recall anything else happening that morning, not falling asleep, not even putting my book down. Going back to yesterday I don't think I've left out a single detail.

That is what I remember from Monday.