• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 1,102 Views, 13 Comments

Out of the Frying Pan - AnnonyMouse



Many months after the events from 'Into the Blender', Terra Harmony comes back too Ponyville...

  • ...
2
 13
 1,102

Chapter 3

Author: Annonymouse
MLP:FiM is property of Hasbro. This is a free fan-fiction, not to be sold or traded for any money, goods or services.
...
A/N: No comments on spelling or grammar please. See my profile for details.
...
Not a Grimdark story. Terra Harmony is back, and her presence brings anything BUT harmony... again.
...
Out of the Frying Pan
03
...

Applejack sat in front of the towering Big Macintosh, and the currently rolling with laughter Apple Bloom.

“Oh sure, yuck it up...” AJ fumed, glaring at her 'big' sister.

Apple Bloom did her best (honestly) to calm down. She was still snickering and giggling as she rolled to her hooves.

“Sorry sis.” Snicker. “But ya just look so cute.”

AJ wanted to just crawl into her stetson and hide... Heck, it was almost large enough.

“Whatcha gonna do now?” Big Mack eyed the tiny Applejack. She was smaller than Apple Bloom had been before she earned her cutie mark, an apple with an apple cider jug in the center.

“What am Ah gonna do? Ah can't buck apples like this. Ah can't do any real chores...” She fumed. “Ah swear, if Terra weren't the Princess's sister... Ah dunno what Ah'd do.” She then thought about Shale Nova. “But that Shale... Ah can think of some things Ah'd like to do to her.” She punched her hooves together.

Big Mack picked the large hat off his little sister's head and put it on his. “Ah dun think ya should hurt her. Sounds like she was... mistaken.”

“A mistake? This isn't a mistake. This is a catastrophe.” AJ stomped her tiny little hooves. “Ah...” She sighed, her head hanging. “Ah just dunno what to do.”

“Maybe Scootaloo does.” Apple Bloom pointed to the sky as a shower of rainbow sparkles streaked toward the farm.

A moment later, Scootaloo landed and slid to a stop. “Applejack. Tia's at the library. She asked me to gather everypony up.”

“That was fast.” AJ beamed a smile. “Ah hope she can fix this mess up right away.”

Scoots recalled the look on the Princess's face. She had no idea what the Princess was thinking. “I don't know, but you better hurry. I'll go get the others.” She took off, showering the three farm ponies with a rainbow colored spray of sparkles.

“Ah guess Ah'll be headin out how...” She eyed her hat. “Ya'll take care ah papa's hat, ya hear?”

“Eeyup.”

...

Fluttershy was chasing a very dishevelled Angel around, a brush in her mouth. “Please Angel, it's me, Fluttershy.” Tears were in her eyes.

The bunny didn't seem to understand the oddly familiar filly. It was not HIS Fluttershy. She was grown up and she could understand him.

Fluttershy finally stopped chasing Angel and set the brush down. She sniffled a few times. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't communicate with Angel, her closest animal friend. The other animals didn't seem to know what to think either, all keeping their distance.

Sniffling turned into bawling as the rejected Pegasus crawled into a corner. She felt worse then she ever had, even worse than after her 'little' breakdown at her first ever Gala.

Angel stared at the crying filly. He actually felt bad. She seemed so sensitive... just like Fluttershy. He really hated to see ponies cry like this, and all because he had run from her.

He approached and nudged the brush forward with his nose, keeping an eye on this filly.

Fluttershy looked at Angel, then at the brush. She knew she couldn't communicate with him, she was too young now for her talent to even work. She was too young to even fly.

But seeing Angel, and his gesture, she sniffled and smiled softly. “Are you sure?”

Angel just gave her a quizzical look and nudged the brush closer. All this filly wanted to do was brush him, right?

Fluttershy picked the brush up and gently started combing Angel, just the way that he liked to be brushed.

Angel almost melted. He didn't know how this familiar stranger knew JUST how he liked to be brushed, but he wasn't about to complain.

“Fluttershy?” A familiar voice called from outside, a moment before a soft knock came at the door.

Angel threw the offending door a dirty look while Fluttershy went to answer it.

“Scootaloo?” Fluttershy peaked outside. “You're back early.”

“Yea, Tia did this awesome teleport all the way from Canterlot to the Library. I wish I could do that sometimes.” She grinned. “Anyway. Tia's at the library and has asked me to go get everypony. Get there as soon as you can, alright?” She smiled and waved at Angel. “Keep a good eye on Fluttershy, ok Angel?”

Angel nodded and waved back. (Fluttershy?) He thought. (This filly isn't Fluttershy. She can't understand me like Fluttershy can.) Angel looked at the filly. Same coat. Same hair. Same eye color, though they looked more scared than gentle.

“Angel, you stay here and keep an eye on the cottage.” She hoped he understood, for some reason, but left for town.

Angel stepped outside through the pet door and followed. (How can that be Fluttershy? Did something odd happen to her again?) He was concerned.

...

Dash and Rarity sat in the kitchen at the Carousel Boutique.

“You sure I can stay here? I mean, yea, I can't fly and get home and all that... but...”

“Of course you can stay Darling. This won't be the first time I've had to clean your feathers out of my bed.”

“Yea, but you WERE me last time.” Dash rested her head on the table.

“I'm home.” Sweetie Belle trotted happily into the kitchen. She spotted the pair of younger foals. “Oh, hello. Who are you?” She tilted her head cutely. These two looked familiar, well, the Unicorn did. The Pegasus was blue with red eyes, and a white mane. If it had been rainbow colored, she'd almost swear it was Rainbow Dash's kid sister... or maybe even...

Both young fillies turned to face the older, cutie mark baring filly. They had no idea what to say.

“Wow, you look a lot like my big sister, but I know I don't have a little sister... Wait, are you... Rarity's baby? Did you just arrive in the mail today?” She was bouncing around excitedly. "And You must be Rainbow Dash's filly... but why were you delivered here? oh, I know, Derpy got the mail mixed up, right? I'm a big sister now."

(Note to self... have the 'birds and the bees' conversation with her...)

“No Sweetie Bell, I am NOT my own 'foal'. I AM Rarity, you BIG sister.”

“Oh that's so silly. My big sister is bigger than me. You're little, like, kindergarten little.”

Rarity cringed at the kindergarten little remark. “Now now Sweetie Belle. I am Rarity, and I am your older sister. We, and I mean Rainbow Dash, our friends, and I have had a little... mix up...”

“Oh, like what happened with that funny lady a while ago? What was her name? Terror... something.”

“Oh, she lives up to THAT part of her name...” Dash's squeaky voice quipped.

“That's Terra dear.” Rarity batted at her shorter mane and scowled. “And as soon as we get this... filly issue fixed... I'll be more than generous and give her a peace of my mind.”

“You should be directing that toward Shale Nova. She's the one who...”

“Was enslaved, imprisoned and forced to still age while being immortal.” Rarity glared at Dash. “Honestly, Terra seems to have a LOT of skeletons in her closet, and she really should consider cleaning them out and taking care of all the potential messes that are just waiting to jump out and cause her, and those around her, grief... Namely us.”

“Rarity?” Sweetie Belle stared. “That really IS you? But... How?”

“Long story short...” Dash was still in a somewhat foul mood, and rightfully so. THREE times in her life she had been a blank flank filly. “Some old 'so and so' that Terra knew came back to get revenge. Tried to steal her immortality, but it backfired and we all got turned into fillies, except Spike who is now a 10,000 year old dragon.”

“Oh...” Sweetie Belle eyes the white maned filly. “Rainbow Dash?”

“Yes, I'm Dash... nothing bright and rainbowy about me right now...” She flapped her tiny wings.

Rarity patted Dash on the withers. “It will be alright. We just have to wait till...”

“Celestia's here.” Scootaloo burst through the door and skidded (on her face) to a stop, against the back wall.

“That was... quick.” Rarity stepped out into her work area. It had been in worse shape before, so she didn't bother worrying about it... for now.

“Ow...” Scoots got up. “Celestia's at the library right now, and I think she has something she wants to tell everypony.” She then glanced at her Mom. “Mom? Are you going to be alright?”

“As soon as I'm back to normal I'll be alright.” Dash said, then muttered something under her breath.

“Mom, would you like to use my old scooter?”

“ERK!” Dash froze up. “Are you KIDDING?” She noted the displeased look on her daughter's face. “I mean, no. I can't handle that thing.”

“Then I'll teach you.” Scootaloo smirked and winked at Sweetie Belle. “That sounds like fun, right?”

“What will a scooter do for me when the Princess is here to 'hopefully' turn us all back to normal? Come on Rarity. Let's go.”

...

Pinkie Pie may have been looking a little 'Pinkamena' at the moment, because of her strait mane and tail, but she was still bright, optimistic, cheerful and energetic. Needless to say, this was a little frightening for the Cakes, to say the least.

Currently Pinkie was in the kitchen, standing on a stool and mixing up some batter while singing some funny song about baking cupcakes cakes and being a filly (which made little sense, but who could be so cruel to tell her otherwise?).

“Honey?”

“Yes Dear?”

“What the hay happened to Pinkie this time?”

Mrs. Cake shrugged. “I'm not sure. Last time she was only acting weird. This time, she's... just weird... er, than normal.”

“Why did she shrink?”

“Again, I have no idea. Maybe her magician friend made a mistake on one of her spells?”

Mr. Cake nodded. “Wouldn't be the first time. I remember when she turned Pinkie into Blue Pie. She was so depressed and melodramatic for those few days. Not to mention the time she turned off Pinkie Pie's metabolism.... she gained nearly fifty pounds in three days.”

“Ms. Sparkle really should be careful, like that time she turned Pinkie Pie into a stallion.” She blushed a little. “Though, he was really cute.”

“Yes, I remember that. That was during the spring heat... Good thing Pinkie can out run and out hide anypony out there.”

“Or the time that Ms. Sparkle made it so Pinkie couldn't eat sugary treats? I think that was the WORST one of all...”

“I still have that tattoo...” Mr. Cake rubbed his neck.

Pinkie suddenly called out. “May I get a hoof in here please? I want these cupcake to be super duper extra perfect.” She beamed.

The two adults sighed and went to help.

Scootaloo entered Sugarcube Corner in time to see the adults head into the kitchen. She approached the counter in time to hear the explosion, and see the wave of batter come flying out.

“Oops. I think I added a pinch too much of my secret ingredient.”

Ding. Scootaloo hit the small bell on the counter, sighing. (I feel bad for the Cakes...)

A blob of batter with blue eyes hopped into view, pounced at the suddenly screaming Scootaloo and hugged her.

“Hiya Scootie. Wow, you must have gone WAY faster than Dashie can to have gotten back so fast. What did you do? One hundred Sonic Scootabooms?”

“Scoota what now?”

“Sonic Scootaboom. Just like Dashie does her Sonic Rainbooms.” The blob of batter grinned happily.

“Uh, no. I did manage to pull off one while practising with Mom this morning, but, hey, I'm only here to tell you that Tia is here at the library. Now I'm coated in batter and you look like some blob creature.”

“Really? I'm a blobobobobob” She giggled almost insanely, yet so cutely that almost nopony could help but giggle if they were too see it.

Scootaloo sighed. 'Mr. Cake? Mrs. Cake? We're just going to use the shower really quick, is that alright?”

“Oh of course Dearie. You know where it is.”

“Thank you Mrs. Cake.” Scoots dragged the bubbly Pinkie Pie up the stairs and into the bathroom.

...

“Seriously Pinkie Pie?” A totally pink Scootaloo glared at Pinkie Pie. “Pink dye in your shampoo?”

“Yea, it saves me on having to dye my hooves all the time. We use a lot of bleach when cleaning the kitchen, especially after little mistakes like today's.”

Scootaloo fumed as she received sympathetic stares from passing ponies. “You could have warned me you know.”

“Be glad it wasn't like that time that I accidentally bought the neon pink dye shampoo. I literally was glowing in the dark, but it was so much fun.”

Scootaloo hung her head. “How long till this stuff washes out?”

“Oh, at least a week if you use regular shampoo and bath every day.”

Scoots shuddered. “Every day? Ugh... I can't stand taking them every second day. Every third is ok though.”

“Ok, make that three weeks.”

“Every day it is...”

They finally arrived at the library and entered.

All eyes fell on the pair of pink pubescent ponies.

“Any of you fillies laugh, and I'm putting you over my knee...” Scootaloo warned.

“I'm your Mom, so I can get away with it.” And Rainbow Dash burst into full blown laughter.

“Rainbow Dash, if I may have your attention please?” Celestia spoke, hiding her own amusement of the Pinkie Pie colored Scootaloo..

Dash covered her mouth and did her best to stifle her laughing. “I'm good...” From the looks of it, Dash really did need that laugh. She looked to be feeling a little better now.

“Very good.” Celestia started. “Now, I have some bad news, and some bad news.”

“Princess?” Twilight held up a hoof. “Isn't that supposed to be some good news and some bad news?”

“I'd give you any good news I had, but I'm afraid I don't.” The mischievous twinkle had not left her eye just yet. “First, the lesser of the two bad news. Neither Luna or I can restore your age, or make poor Spike younger again. Only an artifact master like Terra can do that.”

“You call that the lesser of the bad news?” Rarity's eyes were wide.

“We're still researching other ways to help you. Now, the bad bad news.”

“An' that would be?” Applejack was almost afraid to know what it would be.

“While you are stuck as fillies, you will have to attend school.”

...

Spike's large, fanned ears twitched as he heard a collective scream of NOOOOOOO!!! Accompanied with a resounding YEEEES!!!

He blinked a few times, and looked out over the ocean, toward the tiny island in the far distance. He looked at his wings and spread them wide. “How hard can flying be?” He jumped into the air, launching off the small (five hundred foot) cliff.

And dove for the water.

“AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

...

Celestia's horn and ears stopped glowing, dropping her sound dampening spell.

Applejack stared in horror at the Regent of the sun. “Ya'll can't be serious. School?”

“Do we really have to attend?” Rarity asked, looking not pleased at all. “They're so... lacking in style.”

“Not to mention boooring.” Dash sat down and crossed her forelegs.

“Oh dear...” Fluttershy panicked. “Schools are crowded... I don't like crowds.”

Twilight's eyes were sparkling. “Do we get to go to school in Canterlot?”

“I'm afraid not Twilight.” Celestia was still smiling. “You will be attending classes here in Ponyville, with Ms. Cheerilee as your teacher.”

Twilight's ears drooped. “Oh...”

Pinkie was beaming brightly. “Yay, I can finally go to school. My family was too poor to send me and my sisters to school.” She started bouncing around. “I get to learn school stuff and I can finally be as smart as Twilight.”

“What about us?” Terra asked as she pointed to Shale Nova and herself. “We're a little too old for school.”

“You've never gone to school, so this will be the perfect chance for you to catch up on modern society.”

“You're evil, you know that sis?”

“Wait... I have to go too?” Shale whimpered. “But... I'm so small I'll get teased by everypony else.”

Celestia smiled. “You don't have to worry about that. You'll be among friends.”

“I have no friends.”

Twilight placed a hoof on her back. “Can't we be your friends?”

“You're kidding, right? Seriously? After what I did to you?”

“Terra made a mistake too, and we're her friends now.”

Shale Nova looked away. “But... I'm a bad pony. I was going to steal her immortality.”

Terra chuckled. “Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not immortal.”

All eyes, even Celestia's fell on Terra.

“You see, since I was killed, I became the Spirit of the world, as opposed to being it's Regent. I create bodies from the earth and transform them into flesh and blood. They age normally until I discard it, transforming it back into whatever I made it out of. I then make a new one and keep going.”

“But...” Shale Nova paled. “Then... All my work was for nothing?”

“You wanted to become young again.” Terra smirked. “Well, you're about as young as you can get now.”

“I loath you so much right now, you know that?” Shale scowled at Terra.

Celestia placed a hoof on Shale's shoulder. “You don't have to be worried. If I can find a way to restore your ages, I will not make you old again.”

“Really?”

“I do not lie.” Celestia said seriously.

“But you do joke, right?” Dash was looking nervous. “About going back to school, right?”

Celestia shook her head. “I'm afraid not Rainbow Dash.”

“Cool, I get to go to school with my Mom.” Scootaloo was happy, despite having been dyed pink.

“It'll be like a party.” Pinkie bounced around.

(I think I'll have to double Ms. Cheerilee's income... No, triple it... for the time being.) Celestia sighed inwardly. “I will take care of the paperwork. In the meantime, we will have to find places for Terra Harmony and Shale Nova to stay.”

“Terra can stay with me.” Twilight smiled. “I mean, the two of us can take care of school and the library easily.”

“That sounds good.” Celestia turned to Shale. “Now, where can you stay?”

“Not with us.” Dash growled at the smaller pony.

“Ya'll can stay at the farm with me an' mah family.” Applejack offered. “We got a spare room ya can use.”

“R... Really?” Shale Nova's eyes went wide in disbelief. “You'll accept me to stay with you?”

“Ah course Sugarcube. Ah never lie.”

Celestia smiled. She knew it would be difficult, challenging, educational and above all else, fun for the eight young fillies. “Now with this settled, I must speak with Ms. Cheerilee about eight new students.” Celestia then bid them a good day, and left.

“Come along Shale.” Applejack nudged the smallest pony. It's a wee bit ah a hike to th' farm with our stumpy legs.”

Shale nodded and headed out with Applejack.

“We shall retire home.” Rarity smiled headed toward the door.

“Mom? If you're staying with Miss. Rarity, what about me?”

Dash hugged her adopted daughter. “Rarity's place isn't large enough to house four ponies. I guess you'll get to know what it's like to live in a cloud house all on your own for a little while. No parties, understand?”

Scootaloo nodded.

Rarity smiled. “But you are more than welcome to come hang out and eat with us. I may be small, but I can still cook.”

“Unlike Mom.” Scootaloo teased.

Soon, everypony started filtering out of the library, except Terra and Twilight.

They looked at each other and sighed in unison.

“School? Seriously?” Terra glanced at Twilight.

Twilight giggled cutely. “School is fun. You'll enjoy it.”

...

To Be Continued...