• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 4,253 Views, 62 Comments

Mare Do Well Meets Her Match - DestinyDecade



A take on an MLP episode changing things around while making things good

  • ...
21
 62
 4,253

Chapter 5: Seeking Advice

Mare Do Well Meets Her Match

An MLP: Friendship is Magic Fan-Fiction

Chapter 5: Seeking Advice

That night…

In just a few hours, Ponyville experienced what many consider to be a crazy day. The blazing centurion Nova issued a challenge to the Mysterious Mare Do Well. No pony had any idea what it was but a hydra appeared causing mass destruction through the town. Both heroes gave it their all against the monster but in the end, Nova was victorious. After the battle, Nova revealed the identities of Mare Do Well to the entire town. Rainbow Dash was shocked to find that Twilight and her friends were behind it. But nobody was prepared for when Nova revealed himself as Rob Stallion. Angered by this revelation, Rob gave the five mares a piece of his mind on what a hero should really do. But something happened. The townsfolk expressed their disgust to them for their actions. Within seconds, the five were hated and reviled by the entire town. It was something Rob didn’t want to happen but the damage was already done.

A few hours had passed since the town celebrated Rob’s victory against the hydra. He was recognized as a hero by the entire town. But with that fame came a price. Deep inside his heart, he began having doubts. Doubts that has span into a massive guilty conscience. Due to the tension between Rob and his friends, he decides to spend the night with Rainbow Dash at Cloudsdale. Arriving at Rainbow Dash’s house, Rob felt pleased he could enjoy some peace and quiet.

“I really appreciate letting me spending the night here Rainbow Dash.” Said Rob. “Your friends seem really ticked after what happened earlier.” Rainbow Dash pat his back as a sign telling him not worry.

“Yeah, they’re still really mad. But hey, you said they needed to learn a lesson on heroics right?” She replied. Rob nodded but his face had a shed of doubt. “Come on Rob, don’t be all mellow on me.”

“It’s not that.” He turns to Rainbow Dash asking, “Dashie, do you want to know why I took it upon myself to be Nova?”

“No. As a matter of fact, I don’t know why you became Nova to begin with.” She sat down on a chair. Rob took a seat as well. “Tell me. Why did you become Nova?”

“I became Nova not because I wanted to teach your friends a lesson but… I made a promise. I made a promise to someone. Someone I wasn’t able to save.” Rob let out a sigh trying not to choke up from the feelings inside him.

“Wait so you made a promise to somepony? Who was it?” questioned Rainbow Dash. Rob didn’t want to say a word. “Come on! Tell me! Who was it?”

“I don’t know. I don’t know because he never got to tell me.” Responded Rob. “This happened about a week ago. I was doing my usual work when I saw a colt taking on some kind of monster. I was far away so they didn’t stop me. I saw everything and the colt was in trouble. My gut told me I should help but I had second thoughts. Pushing my worry aside, I went to him and got a look. He was in really bad shape.” Trying to remember that moment was something he didn’t want to relive.

“Is everything alright?” inquired Rainbow Dash. “What happened next? Did you help him?”

Rob nodded as he continued. “When I saw him in that state, I had to do something. He then gave me some kind of strange item. It looked like a starburst that had eight points. The colt told me to place it on my head and I did. Next thing I knew, I transformed into what you’ve already seen. I didn’t waste any time. I took out the freak in about 28.2 seconds. But when I went to check up on him… “ He couldn’t continue on.

“Is everything alright Rob?” Rainbow Dash questioned. She saw him starting to shed tears. “Uh… Rob?”

“I’m sorry. Excuse me.” He trotted off outside to somewhere quiet letting out his feelings and cried.

Rainbow Dash quickly followed as he let out his feelings in the only way possible. She was seeing a side of him that hardly anyone ever sees. He continued to cry causing Rainbow Dash to comfort him for a little while.

“Look, it’s okay. You don’t have to tell me what happened Rob. I had no idea that this happened to you.” But she decided to ask him. “But tell me, was that colt you tried to help a hero too?” Rob turned to her and nodded.

After letting out a high amount of waterworks, the two went back inside Rainbow Dash’s house. She then sat back down and listened to more of Rob’s story. He took a deep breath and with whatever emotions he had inside continued.

“Anyway, when I got to see him, he was barely clinging to life. I thought to myself if I can use this power, I could use it to help him. But a look from him told me that I shouldn’t. He then went on to tell me something really important. Care to hear it?” He asked.

“Yeah, yeah! Tell me already. I want to know. You said yourself that you were to tell me what a hero should really do.” Exclaimed Rainbow Dash.

“I’ll get to telling you that but let me finish first. This is what he told me in his own words… ahem.” He looked at Rainbow Dash with a serious glare. “You now carry a power that has been wielded by some of the greatest warriors in the galaxy. However, they no longer exist… after the sacrifice made by the last Nova Prime.” He sat down after saying these words.

“The last… Nova Prime?” Rainbow Dash wondered, finding out that there was another hero like Rob. “Are you saying that there’s more of the Nova Corps besides you?” Rob looked at her, nodding.

“That’s when he said. I still remember it. He then went on to say that I’m now the last surviving member of the Corps. I stood by his side until his time came. It was really sad. I’ll never forget it. He had no other family so I went to an obituary and he was properly buried. I honor his memory since then by being a hero taking up the mantle of Nova. If I really am the last survivor, then so be it.” Rob said, looking at her with a serious tone. Rainbow Dash had her mouth wide open hearing everything he said.

He trotted to Rainbow Dash moving her front hoof a bit hoping to get her attention. Shaking her head a bit, she got a look at Rob. He looks at her wondering if she got the message. By the look on her face, Rob assumes that she has.

“I take it now you know why I decided to be Nova right?” Rob wondered. Rainbow Dash gave him a nod. “Good. I’m hitting the hay. Maybe tomorrow I can find a way to fix this mess.”

Rob trotted off to his bed but before he went any further, Rainbow Dash had something to ask him. “Wait a second. I want to know one thing.”

Rob turned and replied, “Yes? What is it? If it relates to the story, I plan to tell everypony about it eventually.”

“It isn’t that. Look, I know you’re still upset over what happened today. But you should know that Twilight and the others got what they deserve. Why should you even worry about it? You should be happy.” Exclaimed Rainbow Dash.

“I’m not happy!” He shouted. “Not happy at all. It’s my fault that all of this happened. I regret getting involved in this Mare Do Well mess. I need to find a way to fix it… but I have to do this on my own.” Rob looked at Rainbow Dash, giving her a smile. “For now, I need some sleep. Good night Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow Dash saw Rob trot off to his bed hoping to get some shuteye after everything that happened. Letting out a sigh, she smiles heading to her room. But she turned once more to see him snooze off.

Don’t worry about what happened Rob. Just enjoy being a hero. That to me is all I really need. She then went to her room turning in for the night and calling a day.

Meanwhile…

While Rob was enjoying a nice rest in Cloudsdale, things in Sugarcube Corner were already at a fever pitch. Since Nova (or Rob Stallion) humiliated them in front of the entire town, they all felt betrayed in the worst possible way. Pinkie Pie took it the worst due to her having a lot of romantic feelings for Rob. Twilight Sparkle started the meeting between her and the other ponies. Despite their mixed feelings, things went underway.

“I can’t believe this. I really can’t believe this!” shouted Twilight Sparkle. “Of all the ponies in this town, Rob had the nerve, no, the audacity to humiliate us!” The others saw her fuming in anger. They were worried on how she was behaving.

“Is everything ahright, Twilight? You seem a bit upset.” Asked Applejack. Twilight wasn’t in the proper mood.

“Of course I’m upset! Everything we did, everything we planned… is all ruined! Ruined!” yelled Twilight.

“That colt should have never gotten involved.” Replied Rarity. “Although he did look really impressive in that uniform of his.” Everypony looked at Rarity with an angry glare. “What? What did I say?”

“Never mind. I don’t want you to mention his name around me. I hate him. I really hate him!” Twilight’s shout got everyone worried.

“You know Applejack, ever since we were humiliated by him, Twilight has been a bit too wound up.” Rarity whispered. Applejack nodded, agreeing.

“I agree Rarity. This isn’t like her at all. It’s all Robbie’s fault that this is happened. Pinkie Pie hasn’t stop crying for hours.” Applejack responded.

“I know. I worry for her, I really do.” Rarity whispered back. The two then looked at Twilight again who continued ranting on and on. “By the way, where’s Fluttershy?”

“Huh?” Twilight said. She turned to find that Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were missing. “I noticed. Where are the two anyway?”

“Fluttershy went home ta get some shut eye. Pinkie is at the other room weeping like a baby… she’s been weeping for hours already.” Applejack responded.

“Guess I’m not the only one who’s hurt by all of this.” But then, Twilight had an idea. “You know, I have an idea.” She had a smile on her face that was evil.

“Uh Twilight, what are ya planning? If it relates to Rob, I’m listening.” Applejack replied. Rarity also listened in.

“We need to also let Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy know about it too. Rob wants to humiliate us… then let’s humiliate him. I think we should give him the silent treatment.” Twilight explained.

“The silent treatment? Don’t you think that’s a bit too harsh Twilight?” probed Rarity. Twilight had a stare telling she doesn’t care.

“At this point, I don’t care Rarity. Rob hurt all of us with his actions so now we need to hurt him. Are you in this or not?” Twilight asked. Rarity and Applejack looked at each other than looked at her.

The two nodded and Twilight then continued on explaining to both Rarity and Applejack. Once that was done, the three went to see Pinkie who continued weeping like a baby. After a few minutes of comfort, she listened in on Twilight’s plan. Knowing Pinkie, it would be a perfect opportunity to get back at Rob for what he did. With all of them having smiles on their faces, they were prepared to give Rob a taste of his own medicine. Too bad they had no idea that the blue stallion has problems of his own.

One week later…

A week had passed since the challenge of the two heroes. Things in Ponyville had changed considerably. Twilight and her friends were still hated by all the ponies in town due to their actions by being Mare Do Well. Rob continued to be revered as a hero although Rainbow Dash was still talked about by many. The five’s plan on teaching him a lesson was going well. Anytime he was around, they would ignore him. They wouldn’t speak to him and at times would show their disgust toward him with anger. It all caused a rift in the Mane Seven’s friendship that seemed to be getting worse with each passing day.

Whew. That was a good night’s sleep. Now then, I still have much work to do today. He trotted off quietly until he ended up crossing paths with Pinkie Pie.

The two ended up exchanging glares, not saying a word to either one. But within their minds, they both had a lot to say.

Staying silent huh? Even to someone who you consider a friend? Not very wise Pinkie. You and your friends still have much to learn. His focus on Pinkie continued to be straight.

I hate you Robbie… I hate you! I hate you for hurting me! I hate you for hurting my friends. Twilight and I will teach you what happens when you hurt your friends, especially me. Pinkie looked at Rob angrily.

But he noticed really quickly that her face began to shed a tear. The humiliation that she suffered because of him was the cause. Rob took a nearby tissue hoping to help wipe it off but Pinkie refused it. She was still angry.

“If you’re still upset over what happened last week, you may as well drop it. What’s done is done. You still have much to learn on humility. I however, have my own problems to contend with.” Rob said, trotting off.

Pinkie responded, “What problems? Your victory parade, maybe? Ceremony maybe? Tell me, what? If I didn’t know any better, I’d say they should maybe make it a meanie ceremony.” Her shout got Rob riled up.

“You really have no idea. You’ll find out soon enough. In the meantime, you have a lesson to learn.” Rob trotted off hoping to forget ever dealing with Pinkie.

A few minutes later, Rob finished up eating breakfast, which was a banana nut muffin and orange juice. He was getting ready to head outside to do some work but forgot his trusty bag. He went into the kitchen to get it but got a look at Pinkie who was cutting some dough with a sharp knife. She was still in tears but he notices that the crying began to change.

“Oh Robbie…” Pinkie said. Her tears began to go into laughing. His instincts sense that this wasn’t good.

“Uh Pinkie, what are you doing? You better watch that knife. You can end up hurting someone.” He replied. Pinkie kept coming closer to him but her laughter went into scary levels.

“Tell me Robbie.” She went way close and then in his ear, whispered to him. “Care to help me out? Pretty please?” The knife was nearly at his neck. It was enough to freak him out.

“No! No way!” His shout caught Pinkie’s attention in an instant. She turned around to get a look. Breathing heavily, he took his bag and ran off.

“What’s his problem?” Pinkie let off a sigh and got back to work cutting the dough.

Racing outside Sugarcube Corner, Rob was breathing heavily trying to get that experience out of his system. Although it was for a few seconds, it was very traumatic.

Worst. Experience. Ever. Why does this remind me of some freaky thrill ride of doom? I got something I need to do. No time for freaking out. Rob shook his head for a couple of seconds.

He didn’t want something like that to distract him. Trotting throughout town, he was being praised by many of the townsfolk. Many said hi, others wanted autographs and prices. All Rob could do was be happy that many are appreciating him for his actions. After a half hour, Rob went to a nearby house. Knocking on the door, a unicorn colt came to see him.

“Rob, what brings you around here?” asked a unicorn named Pokey Pierce. “Please come in.” He let Rob inside.

“Thanks Pokey. It’s been a while since we’ve seen each other.” Rob replied. The two shared a brohoof after settling down.

“So Rob, what’s up? How’s Pinkie Pie anyway? Last time I saw her was during one of her parties last month.” Pokey said. “I heard that she ended up getting humiliated because of last week with the Mare Do Well thing.”

“It’s because of me basically.” Responded Rob. “I literally screwed up. You know what happened right?” He asked Pokey.

“I know all about it. Everypony still talks about how your friends were exposed as a bunch of frauds. You of all ponies became a hero. Everyone talks about how better you were than Mare Do Well.” Pokey came by to bring Rob something to eat.

“But I didn’t want them to be humiliated like that. That’s not what I wanted Pokey. Now I’m trying real hard to fix this mess and I need all the advice I can get.” He looked at Pokey, asking him. “Tell me. What should I do? How do I fix this mess?”

Pokey thought about it for a bit. Rob waited in the meantime checked through his bag. He took out a paper and pencil hoping the advice he’ll get is helpful. Looking at Pokey, he was ready.

“Rob, I know you wanted to do the right thing but you knew that what happened would bring more harm than good.” Said Pokey. “The only advice I can give you is that you should tell your friends that you’re sorry for what you did, especially to Pinkie Pie. I heard that she was hurt the most by all of this. Like I said, I don’t blame her but I feel that in the process of exposing your friends, you ended up hurting them.” Rob nodded, feeling sad because of what happened.

“I know. They ain’t going to listen to me. All they will do is just ignore me. Do you have any better ideas?” He replied. The more he tried to figure things out, the harder things got.

“I think you may want to get the whole town involved. That’ll work.” Pokey exclaimed. “You got the town involved when it came to the Mare Do Well challenge so maybe that’ll work here.”

“Pokey, that is a really good idea. I like it! Besides, the whole town got into hating them so I figure that with this, maybe I can set this right. Thanks for your help Pokey. I really appreciate it.” Rob said with a smile.

“Don’t mention it Rob. Besides, you and Pinkie really are meant for each other. I have to at least do my part for her sake.” Replied Pokey.

“Let me guess, you still have feelings for her right?” asked Rob. He let out a devious smile. “Come on Pokey. I know you still do.”

“Yeah… I do.” Pokey blushed a little bit. He knows he’s a bit embarrassed. “Ever since you two admitted your feelings for each other, I felt kind of uneasy. But hey, I’m happy for the both of you but with what’s happening now. I have every right to worry. So don’t worry and lighten up.” Pokey replied. He reassured Rob by patting his back with his hoof.

“Don’t worry. I’ll figure something out. But until then, I left you a little present.” He showed Pokey some balloons he brought him. “Have fun. I’ll see you around.”

Rob trotted off out of Pokey’s house with advice in tow. Pokey meanwhile was having fun popping the balloons he brought, and there were a lot. However, he feels at times conflicted because one set of advice may not be enough. Even after two days ago when he went to see Blitz Inferno.

Flashback… two days ago

“I don’t know what I can do Rob. You did expose your friends for the frauds they were.” Said Blitz, sipping some juice.

“I know. I can’t get that feeling out of my bucking head! The least you can do is help me out here.” Replied Rob. He felt like he was drained from all the stress he went through earlier.

“The only advice I can give you Rob is that you need to find a way to fix it. Sure, your friends may have been wrong to do that but you were no different.” Blitz trotted off to put the juice carton in the garbage.

“I know man… I know.” Rob shook his head in shame. “But I have to fix this mess. I have to. It’s the only way.”

“Just know that I got your back Rob. Don’t ever forget that. Look, you wanted to show everyone (especially Rainbow Dash) what a hero should be about.” Blitz looked at Rob straight in the eye as he continued. “But you had no idea that the whole town would go about and hate them for it.”

“Yeah, I remember. Why do you think I was there when the entire town yelled at them saying ‘Down with Mare Do Well’ and all that junk?” Rob exclaimed. “You were there Blitz and so was Dashie!” He let out a moan that got him mad.

“Calm down Rob. What’s done is done. You can’t change what happened in the past.” Rob turned around, getting a look at Blitz with an angry glare. “But you can work to change the future. Come on, let’s see if we can find a way to set things right. What do you say?”

It took Rob a couple of seconds for him to make his decision. Blitz wondered if he would accept the help, much less any help. Come on Rob. I know you. You can do this! Blitz thought.

“Alright. I’ll do it. I need all the help I can get after all. I’ll take your advice. I’ll fix this mess. You have my word.” Blitz and Rob shared a brohoof as proof of accepting. Blitz let off a smile seeing his friend determined to do it.

“Don’t forget that I got your back and so does Rainbow Dash. You can do this. I know you can!” Hearing that from Blitz gave Rob a lot of self-confidence. It was all he needed so he can get the job done.

End flashback

Blitz, you really are a god dang lifesaver. I won’t let you or Dashie down. He then wondered where to go next. Fortunately, he knew just the place.

He raced to the outskirts of town where the Apple tree orchard was found. Within that orchard was a treehouse that belonged to a group of ponies whose one desire is to find their true talents. There were three ponies in there undergoing a meeting. Rob hoping not to interrupt decides to check for a peek.

“Ahright, you guys. Time for our meeting ta come ta order.” Spoke a young Earth filly named Applebloom.

“I wonder Applebloom. What are we gonna do to get our cutie marks today?” asked a unicorn named Sweetie Belle.

“Yeah. Tell us. I’m so excited. We can do something really cool like make something delicious for the Nova Parade.” Requested Scootaloo, a pegasus pony that was spunky and full of energy.

“The Nova Parade already happened last week Scootaloo. We need something different if we’ll get our cutie marks.” Sweetie Belle replied.

“Calm down ya two. We have plenty of time ta find what we need ta do. Besides, the meeting must come ta order.” Said Applebloom. But her sight was instead focused on some blue shrub. “Who’s that?”

“Huh?” said Scootaloo. “What do you mean Applebloom?” The three get a look at the blue shrub that is outside.

What the three find that it was none other than Rob who tried to stay out of sight. The four looked at each other for a couple of seconds but then they all were happy.

“Heya Rob, what’cha doing?” said Applebloom. “If you want ta come and join for tha meeting today, y’all more than happy to.”

“Thanks you guys.” Rob replied. The three let Rob in as the meeting went underway.

“So Rob, what brings you around? Want to take part in our meeting?” asked Applebloom.

“I guess but would it be alright if I talk to you guys. I got something that is bothering me.” Rob replied, looking nervous.

“Bothering you?” wondered Sweetie Belle. “What do you mean Rob?” The other two looked at him.

Knowing that this was going to nom at him from the inside, Rob explained his problem. He explained that since the incident last week, his friends have developed a hatred for him. To make things worse, Rob began to have guilt over his actions and it’s now forcing him to fix a mess he made. He told them that he went to see many ponies for advice such as Pokey Pierce, Caramel and Blitz Inferno. Despite the help, he feels that it may not be enough.

“And that’s my story. I’ve been right now trying to fix this mess for almost a week. I’m not having much success with it either.” Rob said. He felt like he wanted to jump off a cliff.

“We’re sorry this has happened to you Rob. We really are.” Sweetie Belle replied. She patted him for support.

“I heard all about it from Rainbow Dash yesterday. You were so cool being out there helping others.“ Scootaloo said.

“Thanks. It was really good of me to help others out.” Rob replied. He let out a smile upon hearing the praise.

“Oh Rob. I heard from mah sister how much she hates ya for what she did. Is that why ya feeling bad about this?” Applebloom asked. Rob simply gave her a nod.

“I noticed Rarity being the same way. Now we know that this is really serious. Is there anything we can do Rob?” Sweetie Belle questioned.

“I need advice guys. Next to Pinkie, I trust you three a lot. I want to find a way to fix this mess and set things right not just for my friends but for the whole town too.” Rob lets off a sigh after saying that.

“We’re not that good providing advice Rob but we’ll do what we can to help for your sake.” Scootaloo replied.

“Why don’t you go see Princess Celestia? Maybe she can help you out.” Suggested Sweetie Belle. The thought of the idea made Rob curious.

“Yeah. The princess always has some good advice. Ah know she can help ya out. Believe us for sure.” Applebloom insisted.

“She knows the three of us really want to get our cutie marks. She listens to us and gave us the best advice anypony needs.” Scootabloom said.

“What was that advice by the way?” Rob questioned. “Knowing the princess, it’s probably something relating to what you guys like to do.”

The three nodded and then went closer to him saying their advice in the best way possible. “Be yourself!” They giggled afterwards.

“Be yourself huh? Why not? Maybe that can help me.” He whispered to himself. He looks at them and smiles. “Thanks guys. I think I know what I need to do. I have to go now so I hope you guys do well in finding your cutie marks.”

“Y’all are always welcome here anytime Rob. We trust ya.” Said Applebloom. The Cutie Mark Crusaders share a brohoof with him.

Rob waved at them before heading out of the treehouse. Obtaining advice from them was the smartest thing he could ever do. But when they mentioned Princess Celestia, he knew there was one more pony he could pay a visit to. Taking out the starburst, Rob places it on his head causing him to transform. Applebloom and the others got a look at him transform. His body became covered in a bright aura. When it disappeared, he wore the clothes that symbolized the hero he was.

“Look! It’s Nova!” Scootaloo shouted. He looked up to see the three happily waving at him.

He smiled and gave them a wave in response. Within seconds, Nova flew off passing through Ponyville in just seconds. The many that saw him let off cheers showing their support. Applejack saw him pass by and not say a word. She was still disgusted with Rob’s actions. She had also no idea that Rob visited her sister and her friends. Rob reached Canterlot in only a few seconds but to prevent himself from being spotted, he landed on a balcony in the highest floor.

Now to see if they’re here. Rob move quietly hope to not get detected. Looking around, he finds that she wasn’t around. Guess the princess isn’t here. I’ll head back tomorrow.

But the sound of an open door caused him to turn around and find out. To his surprise, Princess Celestia and her sister Luna appeared before him. A strange yet eerie silence between the three occurred. It lasted for a couple of seconds. Rob decided to take off his helmet to show the two that he’s no hostile.

“It’s me, Rob Stallion. I need to speak to you both. I’m… in a predicament.” Rob said.

“Of course. How can we help you?” asked Princess Celestia. “Is there something bothering you Rob?”

“Yes, there are some things I want to talk to you about. But first, make sure the doors are closed.” Rob insisted. Celestia nodded and Luna took care of it without hesitation. With the door shut, Rob was ready to explain everything.

“Okay Rob, it’s between the three of us. What’s on your mind?” questioned Celestia. “Or does it relate to how your friends are treating you?”

Rob simply nodded. “Yes, it does. I have a lot to tell you.” He looked at both princesses fiercely knowing that this wasn’t going to be easy.

Rob went on to explain everything that had happened since that day. Despite the fact he was deemed a hero through the eyes of the entire town, he felt guilty because of how he berated and exposed them for their actions as Mare Do Well. All throughout the week, his friends had shown disgust toward him in various ways. Whether it was Applejack throwing apples at him or Pinkie Pie threatening to inflict harm, everything he experienced was something he knew would happen. The princesses were appalled after hearing what Rob said to them. The discussion lasted for a couple of minutes and by then, Rob felt like he didn’t want to speak any further.

“I know you are hurt by all of this but you did what needed to be done. I did not think that your friends would go on to hate you for your actions.” Princess Celestia said. It was no surprise that Rob knew this would happen.

“I knew this would happen. They have every right to hate me. I’ve now caused a mess that is going to tear us apart.” Rob replied.

“Sister, is there anything we can do to help him?” asked Luna. Celestia thought about this for a bit.

“I’ve asked a few of my friends for some advice and many I’ve gotten were pretty positive. However, I feel that it may not be enough. Is there anything you guys can do?” He asked. He hoped that what they’ll say might get him out of this rut.

“Rob…” Princess Celestia took a deep breath before she said this to him. “I know that you are hurt by all of this but I feel that this is something you need to do on your own.”

“Tia, I don’t think this will help him.” Luna came close to Rob and provided advice of her own. “Rob, my advice for you is to follow your heart. Let it determine what you need to do next.”

“You mean to tell me that to follow what’s inside. Did I do the right thing by seeking out help?” He asked. Celestia and Luna nodded at him. Rob simply let out a smile. “I guess I know what I need to do now. Thank you… both of you.”

Rob raced to the two and gave them a hug. But all the feelings that were bottled up inside of him caused him to shed tears. The two princesses did whatever they could to give him support. After a time of comfort, Rob flew off in his Nova gear back to Ponyville. With advice in tow, he knew what he had to do. The eyes of all Equestria always knew Rob as a hero. However, after last week, it seems that this stallion thinks otherwise. Will he be able to save the friendship he has? Can his friends even forgive him for what Rob had done? Or are the seven of them destined to have their friendship torn apart by heroic pride?

To be continued...

Disclaimer
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro and Lauren Faust
Rob Stallion belongs to me
Nova belongs to Marvel Comics
Blitz Inferno belongs to DeviantArt User Inferno111. Used with permission.