• Published 21st Sep 2017
  • 1,175 Views, 36 Comments

Equestria girls: Shadows - Tunefulsubset72



To serve the light, we work in the dark. Nothing is true, everything's permitted

  • ...
3
 36
 1,175

Reunion

"So....how's your aunt?" My father asked with a nervous tone as we ate dinner. "How was your time in Bristol?"

"If your worried about me being mad at you for sending me away, I'm not," I said as my parents sighed with relief. "I let go of that anger a long time ago."

"I'm glad," My father said as he set his fork down. "Ever since that dreadful day, me and your mother felt nothing but guilt."

"I understand why you did it, " I said with a shrug. "It was to keep us safe."

"I'm glad you do," My mother said as she wiped her mouth. "If we're done focusing on the past, we need to talk about some things."

"Like school?" I asked as mom nodded. "What do you have in mind?"

"Will he being going to C.H.S?" Octavia asked as I looked at her confused. "Canterlot High School?"

"I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the name," I said as I crossed my arms. "But, it sounds like a nice place."

"Lots of friendly people, students and staff alike, " Octavia said as I smiled. "You might remember a few of the students."

"Rainbow and the gang go there?" I asked as Octavia nodded. "I remember them well, great people to be around."

"That settles it then, we'll go down Monday and get you registered,"Bass said as Octavia squealed quietly as I chuckled. " Anything else?"

"Aunt Azreal is sending me a package from Bristol," I said. "It should arrive in the next few days."

"Stuff you couldn't bring on the plane?" Symphony asked as I nodded. "As much as me and your father would like to spend time with you, we have to work tomorrow, I'm sorry."

"I understand," I said as I yawned. "Gives me a chance to get some rest tomorrow."

"Maybe later I could take you down to sugarcube tomorrow?" Octavia asked. "You'll most likely be able to see your friends there."

"Sounds like fun," I said as Bass stood up and grabbed our plates. "Need some help?"

"I've got it," Bass said as he disappeared into the kitchen.

"It's getting late," I said as I stood up. "I'd better get to sleep."

"Same here," Octavia said as we walked to the stairs. "Good night."

"Good night," Symphony said as she stood up and went into the kitchen. "You think he's still mad?"

"He still might be holding a grudge against us, but he seemed genuine with what he said,"Bass said as he finished the dishes. "I'll be honest, I'm quiet surprised that he forgave us."

"You're thinking about when my parents abandoned and disowned me," Symphony said it's a sigh. "I honestly could care less if they want to be in my life, I've still got a great family here."

"Touching," Bass said as he dried his hands. "I better get to sleep, I start my new job tomorrow."

"The one with Abstergo right?" Symphony asked as Bass nodded. "Be careful will you, I heard that Doctor Sombrero runs that place," she said as Bass began to laugh. "That's his name, isn't it?"

"It's Sombra," Bass said as he laughed. "Where did you get Doctor Sombrero from?"

"No idea," Symphony said as Bass's laughs turned into cackling. "Shut up, it's not that funny."

---Marcato--

"Here it is," Octavia said as we entered my old room. "Mother and father put most of your old things in the attic."

"At least they left my models." I said as I walked over to my old dresser and picked up an model of a world war 2 fighter plane. "This one was my favorite."

"I remember you building that one." Octavia said as I set it down. "Why was that your favorite?"

"It was the one we built together." I said as I smiled, but then frowned. "Feels like a lifetime ago."

"It does feel that way." Octavia said with a yawn. "I'm going go to bed, it's good to see you again."

"Likewise." I said with a small smile as she left. "Now I just wait,"I said as I went to my window and opened and heard the sounds sirens blaring and distant sound of gunfire in the night time air. "Mentor wasn't kidding, it has gotten worst over the years."I sighed as police car raced by. "Let's hope this works." I muttered as I closed my eyes and breathed as a faint blue glow started to appear as I reopened my eyes as everything around me was covered in a light blue hue, and dots of red and yellow light filled the area. "I've got a job to do, and it won't be easy," I yawned as my vision turned back to normal. "Still not going to get used to that," I groaned as I got changed and lied down on my bed and fell asleep.

---Next day---
~Sugarcube cafe~

"You guys should've been there," Rainbow said excitedly as the group sat at a table. "The game was awesome."

"Almost all sports for you are awesome," Sunset said as the group giggled as Rainbow blushed. "Anyway, have any you talked to Octavia since yesterday?"

"I tried to call her last night,"Rarity said sadly. "She never answered her phone."

"She's probably going to be depressed for a few days," Rainbow said as she leaned back in her chair. "You know how it is."
"Speaking of which, there she is," Pinkie said as they noticed Octavia entering the cafe with a wide smile as I followed her. "Who's that?"

"Hey Tavi," Sunset said as she waved to her friend. "You seem happy today."

"Who's this with you?" Rarity asked as Pinkie gasped. "Yes pinkie?"

"MARCATO!!!!!"Pinkie shouted as she ran and got me in a bone crunching hug. "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!"

"Help me," I wheezed out as pinkie let go. "Good to see you too."

"No way," Rainbow said as the group looked at me in shock.

"Hold on, you're Octavia's older brother?" Sunset asked as I nodded. "Nice to meet you, I'm Sunset Shimmer."

"Marcato Melody," I said as we shock hands.

"I must say Marcato." Rarity said as we sat down. "You've grown quite the accent."

"I suppose that living in England for seven years would do that to you," I said as scratched my chin. "How's life been here?"

"Fine, well as life can be with the gangs, and changelings pretty much controlling the city," Rainbow said annoyed as I rolled my eyes. "I know, right?"

"How's your brother doing by the way, Crimson right?" I asked.

" Well other than last night he's fine, he works at C.H.S now,"Rainbow said. "He started after he got shot when he fought in the changeling war."

"I remember that,"I said as chuckled. "Things did change while I was gone."

"In more ways than one," Sunset said. "So, what was it like living Bristol?"

"Different than living back in the U.S. it took awhile to get used to the time zones." I replied.

"Wait is Crimson okay?" Twilight asked.

"As far as I know he just started talking randomly and yelling. At one point he started cackling loudly in a deep voice then speed off in his car." Rainbow replied.

---C.E.O of Abstergo---

"Here's the last of the paperwork,"A woman said as she handed a man with dark hair and red eyes. "Also the new employee came in today."

"Ah yes, Bass Melody if I recall,"The man said as he looked through the papers. "How is he fairing?"

"Quiet well, even thought it was his first day,"The woman said. "Also, the Grand Master says he needs to speak with you."

"What line is he on?"The man asked the woman gulped nervously. "Send him in." He said as the woman rushed to the door and opened it as man with grey hair and yellow eyes walked in,"Master Tirek."

"Sombra,"Tirek said as the woman ran out in fear as she nearly bumped into a hooded figure behind Tirek."How goes progress?"

"Slowly,"Sombra said as Tirek sat down and his guard propped himself against the wall. "We've got two of the three brotherhoods here in Canterlot and nearby towns."

"Good work."Tirek said with a smile. "Also, I've heard from a rouge that an assassin has recently come home."

"Must be that Melody boy," Sombra said as he stood up walked to the window. "Should I inform Chrysalis?"Sombra asked as Tirek shook his head and motioned for his guard to come forward.

"Actually I have a new 'employee' that could really use the training and can show us his true skills." Tirek said as the hooded figure opened his eyes only to show them slowly turn black and red.

"I see I will inform Chrysalis to be on standby just in case. It's not like I doubt your choice Master Tirek it's just better to be safe than sorry." Sombra responded.

"Very well." Tirek said as he walked out and the guard followed behind him. "Keep up the good work."

"Later Sombrero." The hooded man said in a deep and low voice as he walked out.

"Why do I suddenly want a burrito?"Sombra asked himself.

Author's Note: