• Published 21st Aug 2017
  • 649 Views, 43 Comments

Pinkie's Kooky Quest - TheThirdBomb



Pinkie nicks herself on a strange arrow in the Everfree. Truly bizarre events conspire in her wake.

  • ...
2
 43
 649

Ghost of the Past (Act 3)

The strange hissing cry would have sent shivers down the doll's spine, if she had one. Her mistress...This must have been the work of Rarity's Stand, but to think that anything could have turned the embodiment laughter into something like...Whatever she currently was. It was unthinkable! The same mouth which could usually be seen locked into an almost omnipresent smile was now marred with a cruel smirk, a sharp fang glinting in the light. The sunlight streaming through the window stopped just short of where Pinkie was standing, and the scene only grew tenser as the once-mare took a single step towards the Stand.

"It's been a good few millennia since I've been given the opportunity to revel in existence. How kind of your master to serve as a host for me after all these years of waiting.「Dancing Queen」, was it?" The being who looked like Pinkie Pie said, still as the grave as she stared straight at the china lady, who seemed frozen in place. The voice that came out of her sounded distinctly male. Deep, yet silky smooth in its pronunciation, charming like a snake in the moments before it struck. It didn't make any sense; just what was this creature? Compelled to obey, if only for her own mistress' safety, the Stand nodded once. "Hm. I should really be thanking your idiotic master, above all else. Without her bumbling around with my arrow, dear Rarity would never have been given her ability. And what luck that she needed to make costumes for a horror-themed party, hrm? Such a set of coincidences; all leading to my glorious return!" The vampire laughed uproariously, standing on Pinkie's hind legs and spreading her forehooves wide apart, letting loose that same sound from before, much louder this time.

The noise caused Rarity to stir from her spot, blinking with bleary eyes as she woke up. Before she was given even a single moment to take in the sight of a strange china doll staring at Pinkie in a fancy costume, the pink mare moved faster than she could see, cupping the alabaster pony's cheek with one forehoof, mouth opening wide to reveal a set of fangs like she used to see in those awful horror films that Rainbow adored so much, only now she could feel an incomprehensible menace behind those glistening teeth. Her own mouth widening to utter a scream of terror, Pinkie slammed her other hoof over her mouth, stifling the panicked shriek. The pink mare tutted. "None of that infernal squealing, you ungrateful wench! Not many nowadays are given the chance to be feasted upon by me, D-" she stopped short, thinking for a moment, "Hm... I really shouldn't give away that little tidbit. That harlot Celestia might take notice if the pathetic ponies down here started saying my name after centuries of it being lost. Don't you agree, 'Queenie'? I truly don't appreciate being snuck up on, especially by worthless, weak Stands such as yourself." The monster using Pinkie's body reprimanded, turning to fix a terrifying stare on the doll that had indeed been approaching silently, a fist winding up which soon dropped in terror. How had he/she known?

"Release Rarity at once, vampire! I will not hesitate to knock you down, even if you do wear my mistress' skin!" the doll seethed, visibly becoming less stiff and mechanical as she prepared for combat, desperately ignoring the way the monster seemed more amused by her threat than anything. Letting out a humourless chuckle, Pinkie casually grabbed Rarity's neck, tossing her into a wall and bowling over one of the fitting mannequins with a pained scream from the fashionista. At this, all「Dancing Queen」could do was tense, ready to fight at a moment's notice.

"I do so hate repeating myself, so let me say this one last time; you are nothing. What is a donkey to a stallion? You are nothing but a mere donkey to me, 'Queenie'! My power, my speed, my strength, my intelligence; all of them surpass yours by a landslide! Though it must not be hard to outsmart someone as pathetic as yourself; my body is still your master's. If by some measure of the imagination you actually manage to lay your filthy hands upon me, you'd just be hurting yourself and your mistress more than me, you fool!"

「Dancing Queen」realised that he was right. For her to still be manifested, her mistress must still exist within that body. And the way he'd moved, crossing the room in what seemed like an instant, he clearly outclassed her speed.The situation grew worse every moment. "Miss Rarity, are you damaged?" she called out as the mare in question rose from a crumpled heap on the floor, groaning and clutching her head.

Rarity, meanwhile, had absolutely no idea what was going on. Why had Pinkie attacked her, and why did she sound male now? Who or what was that china doll creature that was now talking to her? Without time to answer these questions, she could only rely on the instincts she'd gained from taking part in more battles than were befitting of a lady such as herself. Pinkie had hit her, the doll had not, and was inquiring as to her safety. Hence; the doll was friendly. Pinkie was not. "I believe so, dear. What in Equestira is happening to Pinkie Pie?"

The doll winced. "I am unsure. She appears to be possessed by your Stand, are you able to take it away?"

A blank look of confusion crossed Rarity's face. "Stand? What is that? Those clothes she's wearing?"

"Yes, the ones you made. Can you remove them?"

"I don't believe those are mine."

The vampire simply stood listening to their conversation, cruel smirk still etched on her lips as they fruitlessly searched for a way out. She would enjoy this. It had been forever since he'd had a drink, and that Rarity tart seemed simply delicious. And every victim tasted a lot better if given hope for escape, a way out. Much like that one fool from many millennia ago who tried to save her filly by surrendering to his will, only to turn around and feed upon her own child. The thought of such an ironic kill brought a sadistic glint to his eye, her grin widening even further, until it suddenly dropped altogether as he felt a wave of magic wash over him harmlessly. "You thought to use magic on your Stand? Fool! Only a Stand can interact with another Stand! And I wouldn't count on your pathetic toy doll, either, given how worthless she's proven to be. Can't even keep her mistress out of trouble." he taunted, waving a forehoof as though teaching a child that what they were doing was naughty.

It was a horrifying feeling, listening to this creature speak. Every word dripped with charisma and intelligence, and every taunt rang true.「Dancing Queen」had allowed this to happen to her mistress, had let Pinkie run off with the arrow, had failed to talk her down from giving a stand to Rarity. Maybe she really was worthless. Maybe it'd be better if she stopped trying. Shoulders drooping, the doll's gaze locked onto the floor, thoroughly cowed by the monster's presence. "Miss Rarity. You should run, get Twilight. She's the only other one who stands a chance at saving mistress Pie." she droned, prepared to cover the pony as she escaped. She did not expect the comforting hoof against her dress.

"Thank you for the offer, miss, but no. I haven't the slightest idea who you are, but you're trying to save Pinkie Pie, and that makes you a friend by any measure; and I never abandon a friend." Rarity smiled kindly up at the doll, inexplicably discerning gratitude from the stoic china lady, when the air is suddenly rent asunder by an angry growl, the floor cracking and chipping under the vampire's hoof as her face twitched in irritation.

"Friendship! Blasted friendship! The very concept is more disgusting than frog urine! What help will friendship provide you against the glory that is me? Friendship cannot protect you, friendship cannot save you, friendship cannot possibly stand up to my majesty! It's useless, useless useless useless useless useless USELESS USELEEEEESS!!!" Pinkie screamed, louder than ever before, the two other occupants of the room subconsciously quivering, backing away from the vampire until they met the wall. Frozen in fear, the duo could only watch as the creature of darkness stepped towards them, one hoof in front of the other, a manic gleam in his eye, "And for even daring to speak of that pathetic drivel in front of me, I shall tear you apart, limb from limb, drinking your blood like the finest wine!" the vampire snarled, launching himself at Rarity, jaw opening wide as he dashed straight for her neck, only for a long arm to crash into him from the side, beating his face aside and making him skid across the floor, already grinning at the perpetrator sadistically. "Does it hurt to attack yourself? To bear arms against your precious mistress?"

Yes. More than he could possibly imagine. And she couldn't afford to attack him too hard, either. That blow alone made the doll's face whip to the side, the impact reflected back upon her. The vampire seemed unaffected, merely amused once more. "I will free my mistress, make no mistake, monster." she uttered coldly, fists wreathed in a lilac aura as the air grew a few degrees colder. Internally, the gears were turning in her brain. She could not attack this monster, and she couldn't flee due to her range. One way or another, this atrocity ended here.

The creature laughed, shaking her head. "I don't make mistakes, but you've already made one by thinking you could ever hope to challenge me!"


Ponies parted in the streets as Twilight sprinted down the pathway, desperately searching for the lost arrow, and the silly mare that had taken it before they got into any more trouble.

Just this morning, she'd woken up as she always did, but now she'd been forcefully thrusted into a world of infinite possibility. Stands! Unique abilities for every pony! It could change the entire world, and it was all thanks to Pinkie Pie!「Weird Science」alone could revolutionise the way scientific research was carried out forever, learning anything and everything she wanted about the world around her, what a fantastic ability to have! The grey liquid was currently in a ring shape, hanging off of her neck as she ran, looking left and right for any sign of the pink mare. Previously, however, she'd spent a little bit of time eagerly testing her Stand on random objects around the castle. She could now figure out precisely who kept on sitting on the map when she wasn't around! Oddly, she'd found out it was Fluttershy.

She came to a slow stop under a tree as she heard somepony faintly calling her name, getting closer and closer each moment. Realising immediately what was happening, Twilight didn't have any time to get out of the way, so instead decided to free her stand into it's puddle form, sinking away inside the fluid right as Rainbow Dash crashed down into the dirt a meter away from where the Alicorn was just standing. Once the impact had finished shaking the ground, Twilight rose up from the pool, taking shape and colour yet again to the astonished, open-mouthed gaze of her prismatic friend.

"T-Twilight? What the hay was...Nah, forget that, check out this awesome thing following me around!" her scratchy voice shouted excitedly, gesturing behind her with one hoof. The Alicorn looked up behind the Pegasus, and gasped, eyes widening.

Floating behind Rainbow Dash was an ethereal pony-shaped figure, a luminous green glow lighting up the grass that she hovered above. Her eyes were a bright, almost blinding white, but her body seemed to emit a distinct violet light, before fading into a stark red, then orange, then yellow, the whole rainbow spectrum radiating soothingly off of the ghostly creature. It had wings, evidently large and powerful even in their tucked-away state, and a mane of vibrant black. Each hoof had a thin strip of cloth tied to it, hanging off and flowing in the non-existent breeze. No mistaking it for what it was.

"Rainbow Dash, when did you get a Stand?" Twilight asked, still shocked at the astounding form before her. With every new Stand that the Alicorn saw, the more she came to a state of awe at how unique they were. From a towering china doll, to an amorphous pool of metal, to a ghostly mare so striking that she almost seemed like a deity of some kind.

"Huh? Is that what this is? Wait, is that what that weird puddle is? And, uhh, I don't know. I got real sick for a little bit after crashing into Pinkie Pie, but I got better pretty quick. And when I did: POW! This thing appeared. Kinda creepy." Rainbow rattled off, eyes locked on the pool of liquid that seemed to cling to Twilight's hooves. "So what the heck's a 'Stand', anyway?"

The very moment that Twilight gathered herself up, holding up a hoof as she breathed in deeply, Rainbow knew that she would regret ever having asked.

Author's Note:

Rarity's unknown Stand update: Her stand appears intrinsically linked to clothing that she creates. Anything that wears said clothing appears to be possessed by something related to the clothing, gaining the traits and powers of whatever is possessing them. The limits of this are unknown.


Now, originally I was going to make Rainbow's Stand into「Life Is a Highway」but after some thought I changed my mind as the idea with Rarity took forefront. In turn, Rainbow's Stand's name has also changed, and thus I've gone back and changed the chapter titles in a new style to reflect this.