• Published 31st Aug 2017
  • 430 Views, 1 Comments

Living Fossil - WhatamIsupposedtoputhere



A once thought extinct creature awakens inside of ponyville much to the terror of the residents and the creature's confusion.

  • ...
 1
 430

Chapter III: Confused creature

Both ponies and the dragon backed away in fear as the creature let out it's screech. Spike ran out of the room and both Twilight and Starlight weren't far behind. They quickly shut the door and locked it to try and trap the hostile creature in there.

"What do we do now!" panicked Spike.

"I don't even know what it is but I believe that the best course of action is to simply leave it in there until we can find out what it is." replied Twilight in a reassuring manner. This calmed down Spike a tad but not much.

"I'll go lock the other door into the room while you two go look for a book on what that thing might be." said Starlight in an urgent manner. Twilight and Spike ran as fast as they could to the library of the castle while Starlight stayed behind. As they entered the library, they both knew how difficult the task would be. Combing through every single possible book to find something on the creature, it would be like finding a needle in a haystack if it weren't for the fact that there's a spell to do exactly that.

Starlight had locked the door on the other side of the room and was about to head over to the library to help her friends when she stopped. The cry was no longer heard, what replaced it was something completly different. Starlight pressed her ear upon the door and heard what she thought was somepony mumbling to themselves. Then it stopped. The silence that Starlight heard was deafening.

Suddenly, the creature knocked on the door in a surprisingly polite manner. What happened next surprised her the most however.

"Excuse me?" said the creature in a polite and slightly shy tone with a bit of a posh accent. "Could somepony tell me why I was in a chandelier made of... tree roots... and crystals, why t-the doors are locked and why I now have opposable digits."

Twilight was reading franticly, missing an extreme amount of detail within the books she was looking at. Words that meant nothing to her flipped by her face as the pages turned. Book after book was taken from the shelves and neatly put back. Twilight looked upon the progress she had made, nearly having looked through every single book in the library, she looked back at the current book with depression. Starlight then calmly walked into the library.

"Twilight, I have found out something very interesting about our new friend." said Starlight.

"Oh there you are Starlight." said Twilight with genuine excitement in her voice. "Could you get every single book in the reference section for me." Twilight's eye's widened with this.

"No I won't because our friend here can tell us himself." said Starlight with some uncertainty in her voice. Both Spike and Twilight looked over at the creature, who was meekly holding his hands together and had a look of confusion in his eyes.

"By the dickens!" exclaimed the creature. "I thought there was only a single alicorn in all of equestria."

"Um, actually... there are five." hesitated Twilight.

"You must be joking, as if there are five alicorns now" said the creature in shock. "She is joking right?" questioned the creature in the general direction of Starlight.

"No she's not joking, but before we get off track anymore can you please tell us who and what you are?" said Starlight. The creature, however, did not hear the last part of her sentence as he was simply shocked at this revalation. "Um... can you please answer our questions." continued Starlight with nervousness.

"That can't be true!" said the creature. "Celestia is the only alicorn."

"As I said, that isn't true." said Twilight, trying to calm the creature down. "Celestia has an alicorn sister who she banished to the moon and then returned and is now ruling beside her, the ruler of the crystal empire is an alicorn and she had a baby that is also an alicorn."

"Wait, WHAT!" exclaimed the confused creature. "Since when did Celestia have a sister, when did the crystal empire return and how the dickens was there an alicorn that was born naturally!?"

"If you just calm down I can explain everything and you can have a cup of tea if you want." said Twilight in her reassuring tone of voice.

"I would like that." replied the creature more calmly.

Author's Note:

The ratings of this are subject to change at any time so there may be a tone shift if I decide for there to be one.

Comments ( 1 )

окуя болгон! Мен мүнөзү өнүктүрүүгө жана көшөгөнүн ортосунда өткөрүү жолун жакшы көрчү! Сиздин сүрөттөлүшү мени бактылуу кылып, мен сени жакшы ишенебиз! кир сен соустун салып эмес, анык болсун!

Login or register to comment