• Published 15th Jul 2018
  • 3,463 Views, 55 Comments

Flurry Heart and Spike - Silver Butcher



Spike agrees to foal-sit Flurry Heart, the two have a wacky time together

  • ...
0
 55
 3,463

Hug tackle!

Spike yawned and took in his surroundings, on top of him was Pinkie, who was hugging him in her sleep, and on top of his head Gummy was snoring. Spike was trying to think of a good way out of the situation when he heard a knock on the door.

"Pinkie?" Mrs.Cake's voice echoed through the door "Are you awake?"

"She is not." Spike said, after a moment of silence.

"Spike!?" She asked in disbelief "What are you doing in Pinkie’s room?"

"She fell asleep on top of me." Spike explained, "And now I'm kind of stuck." There was silence for a moment.

"Alright… well...I'm not judging. Anyway, when she wakes up tell her that we left for the family reunion."

"Alright, I'll...wait, what are you not judging me for?" Spike asked, realizing he might be missing something.

"Nothing, Nothing. Alright, we're leaving so you two try not to have too much fun," She said as she walked away.

"Wait, I feel like something has been miscommunicated!" He called back, but Ms.Cake had already left. He heard giggling and looked up to see that Pinkie had woken up during his conversation. "What's so funny?"

"I don't know, but I feel like you miscommunicated the situation too." She got up, and after helping Spike to his feet, removed Gummy from the top of his head "Alright let's get you home, your train leaves at noon, doesn't it?" Spike stretched as Pinkie set Gummy on her bed.

"Alright, let's get going," Spike said as he and Pinkie left the room, the Cake's had already left by the time the two exited the bakery.

"Alright, I've got to watch the shop, so I'll see you when you get back." Pinkie said as she gave Spike a hug goodbye "Have fun with Flurry Heart!"

"I will, you enjoy running the bakery by yourself," he said turning to make his way back to the Castle. It wasn't until he got back that he realized he was still wearing his suit.

"Oh shoot, hope Rarity never finds out I slept in this," he said as he walked in. After showering and changing, he put his suit away for another day, and walked back down the stairs. He went into the kitchen and found Twilight eating breakfast.

"There you are! Your train leaves in 20 minutes!" She said, handing him a lunch box, "I packed you breakfast for the ride, and don't even think your not gonna get a stern talking to about last night when you get back." Spike gave her a guilty grin.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said sheepishly, Twilight gave him a stern look.

"We. Will. Talk. Later." She said angrily, Spike turned and ran from the room as fast as he could.

"Please let some random monster attack so she'll forget about it, please." He pleaded as he made his way to the train station, and arrived just in time for boarding. He made his way to an empty seat and leaned against the window. Looking out the window as he opened his lunchbox, he found an apple, a gem, and a juice box. He was about to eat when he felt somepony’s warm breath on the back of his neck. Turning, he found several Crystal ponies had surrounded his seat, looking at him in awe. "Oh, cram," he said just before he was jumped.

"Can I have your autograph?!?"

"Will you sign my face?!?"

"Can I have one of your scales?!?"

Spike was swamped by Crystal ponies asking for his autograph or his scales for the rest of the ride. 20 minutes from the Crystal Empire, Spike managed to convince them that he was getting off a stop before the Crystal Empire, then he threw on his emergency disguise in the bathroom: a Trenchcoat, Fedora, and fake Green Mustache. He waited on the train for a few minutes until the other passengers got off, then made his way off the train. Just as he walked through the door, he felt a cold chill go down his spine. Then he was greeted by Shining Armor, who had ordered the guards to temporarily clear the station of all civilians.

"How are you, Spike?"

"Hold up," Spike said as he looked into the air "I'm beating 8 seconds."

"Beating 8 seconds on wh-"

"SPIKE!!" Shining turned and moved just in time as his Daughter shot past him and slammed into Spike, who ended up on the ground getting hugged by Flurry "Your late"

"Yeah, I thought I felt a Sensory spell when I left the train," Spike said casually as he got to his feet while still being squeezed by Flurry.

"Honey, I told you to wait for him at home," Shining said as he looked down at his daughter.

"No way, I've been waiting for him to come and visit for 3 months!" Flurry said, squeezing him harder "I've waited long enough!" Meanwhile, Spike was starting to lose consciousness.

"Can't...breath..." He managed to say. Flurry quickly let him go, and he took a deep breath "Thanks" Spike sighed "Alright, let's get to the castle, I need to eat something, and my lunch box got nabbed on the train." Flurry immediately grabbed Spike's hand.

"Oh! I can get you whatever you want Spike, we have so many different things for you to eat and drink. We’ve got Gems, Healthy food, Junk food, Health drinks, energy drinks..." She continued listing different kinds of Food and Drink as she dragged Spike behind her. Spike just managed to wave Shining goodbye as he was dragged off. Shining watched them go, then turned to the guards.

"Reopen the station.” Shining said as he rummaged through his coat pocket for his ticket.

"Aren't you going back to the castle, sir?" One of his guards asked.

"No, Cadence left last night to make sure all our reservations were in order, and I stayed behind to greet Spike and take him to the castle, but Flurry's already got that covered for me. So I'm leaving early, and Spike’s in charge until we get back." Shining turned to get on the train, then stopped "And I better not catch wind of you guy's slacking off just because I'm gone."

"Understood sir!" The Guard saluted and with that Shining boarded the train. The guard stood in silence until he was certain the Captain couldn't hear him, then he turned to his fellow guards and said,"Call together all the Guard's, drinks are on me tonight." His fellows cheered and they set off to do anything but their job.

Author's Note:

Special thanks toThe Lurker for chapter editing