• Published 28th Aug 2017
  • 1,067 Views, 18 Comments

Star Trek Online: Darkness Rising - Admiral Wyatt Stone



A old nemesis has returned to the Alpha Quadrant, and the challange may be more than Twilight and her friends can handle.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,067

Chapter VII: A Trap for the Traitors

Tzenkethi Warship Fearless

Main Bridge


The sizzling of smoke, electric sparks and pained grunts were the only noises within the bridge as the two right turbolift doors on the bridge opened, one releasing six mares, a stallion and a dragon and the other two tall Tzenkethi officers, a human and three fillies, all with weapons at the ready and inspecting the large bridge. The room was curved with several wall consoles, as well as the command chair and two consoles with seats in the front, on the sides of the center seat were two tall consoles with several buttons, and behind the command chair was a circular console that seemed to be a map-like console, as it seemed to have a hexagonal layout on it's surface.


Some of the consoles seemed to have only minor bits of damage, while a few were totally combusted from the damaging weapons fire from above the ship. Twilight trotted over to Terrak as the two took in the horrid sight, all of the officers were on the ground, most of them dead or dying as Terrak looked to his helm officer, who was faintly breathing as he tried to speak to his commander. "Forgive me T-Tzen, I've failed you...NGH."


Terrak knelt down to his dying comrade as he asked him, "How did they overtake the bridge? Where are they?"


The officer seemed to try and let out his last few words as he tried to fight the pain. "They.. they we-re using... using... st-st-ste-" He said with a grunt before he finally collapsed to the ground for good, Terrak standing up and looking to Twilight, who looked to Rarity as she gave her scanning results to the Princess.


"They're all dead, the room's badly beaten up, but I think we can get her up and running Tzen."


"Good, we'll need to hurry if we are to-" He was cut off when Dash turned to the trio, giving an annoyed look as she spoke to them.


"Guys, I'm picking up faint energy surges all around the bridge, they're all very similar in size to us!"


Twilight looked around the room as she held her weapon, waiting for something to strike when they heard a loud clanking noise, and everyone turned only to see a small metal bomb on the ground, Terrak jumping slightly before yelling, "Stun grenade! Everyon-" Was all that was heard before the ball exploded, large, long beams of dark blue electricity striking almost everyone in the group, Captain John being the only one to avoid the attack. Several flashes briefly appeared around the room before several Tzenkethi soldiers raced to the group, restraining all but Twilight, who had activated a burst of magic to prevent capture, but her freedom was short-lived as a large Tzenkethi leaped at her, pinning her to the ground and striking her several times with fists. The Princess let out pained yelps and groans before being lifted up and struck in the gut by one last punch from the warrior and being thrown across the room, hitting a wall console with one last grunt of pain.


The warrior then turned to Fluttershy, who had gotten up and gave a terrified look at the giant monster coming at her as she spoke. "Wait, please, listen!" The Tzenkethi did not hesitate as he shoved the medical mare to the ground, lifting his leg and crushing Fluttershy's right hind leg, the pegasus letting out an ear-piercing scream of pain as John broke cover and fired his phaser at the tall being. The shots did not phase the warrior, however, as he smacked the phaser out of the Captain's hands and picking him up by the head, holding him up as he grunted in pain from the pressure as the warrior spoke in a deep, menacing voice.


"Foolish move to make, you stupid, insignificant human!" The Commander then placed an intense amount of pressure on John's head, the Captain letting out one last groan of pain before a loud cracking noise sounded, along with the sound of squeezing flesh. Fluttershy, seeing the traumatizing sight, let out a shrill scream of terror, Rarity, Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle let out screams as well. Twilight, however, just stared at the dead body in fear, the brutality of the Tzenkethi had now struck her, and she was left with only horrid thoughts of the same actions done on her friends as she stared at the warrior, who threw the corpse across the room before making his way to the Princess...


~U.S.S. Amarillo~


The bridge rocked hard with slight groans of damaged metal on occasion as the crew performed their duties, Miolii looked to Elisa at the tactical station as she ordered, "Attack pattern Omega, bring in a spread of torps!" Elisa tapped her console as she looked to the screen to see the wave of gold torpedoes flying at the large cruiser, it's shields flashing for a moment before they vanished again.


Wyatt then turned to Lon at the sensors station as he spoke. "What's the status on the survivors on the surface?"


Lon gave a grim look as he turned to the Admiral and answered. "I'm picking up a lot of life signs, but Twilight's readings seem to be past a small forest resting between her and the Aquarius."


Wyatt smiled as he responded to the news. "Good, she must be looking for the Fearless, keep our transporter rooms ready and-" He was interrupted by T'Vrell, who gave an alerting look at the Admiral as she spoke.


"Sir, the enemy fleet is ceasing fire on our ships, they seem to be waiting for-" She stopped as she checked the now beeping console before continuing. "Admiral, I'm picking up a transmission, it's coming from-" She stopped again when the viewscreen immediately switched to what seemed to be a Tzenkethi bridge, smoke slightly blurring the image before it cleared to show a tall Tzenkethi Commander with grey and gold armor on him. In his hand was Twilight, who was bleeding from the nose and her forearm, as well as being covered in several dark bruises. The Princess gave a pained look as she looked to Wyatt, who gave a look of worry before he then glared at the Tzenkethi as the warrior spoke.


"How unfortunate of your comrade to suffer at my hands... she seems to be quite the fighter."


Wyatt gritted his teeth slightly at the sight before him. "What have you done to the Fearless?! Why are you attacking?!"


"Oh, we are but preparing to commence a very important experiment for the coming war, and you're intervening." Wyatt kept his glare on the Commander before he spoke again. "But, I believe that you and I, Tzen-Trinnak can make this simple and quell the riot... if you will cooperate with our demands."


Twilight gave a look of worry as she looked to Wyatt and tried to speak. "Wyatt, please, don't listen to h-" She was cut off as the Commander violently threw her on the ground, the alicorn letting out a yelp of pain and several coughs as she lay on the floor.


Miolii, Elisa and the others stood from their consoles and gave worried looks and angry glares at the Tzenkethi, Wyatt letting out a growl before he asked, "As long as it will spare my friends down there.... what do you want?"


Trinnak let out a low growl before he spoke to the Admiral. "A very simple request, we demand that you give us coordinates for... Princess Twilight's homeworld.... Equis, isn't it?"


Wyatt raised a confused eyebrow as he questioned the warrior in anger. "How do you know of that world?"


"Oh, Admiral, our ventures into your space have gone unnoticed, our most elite spies and officers have managed to breach into your secret Universal Alliance HQ and gained ourselves some valuable information... but it wasn't THAT easy.... you see, we could not access the specific coordinates for where you could go, and if you give them to us, we can end this here, you and your friends go home.... however, Tzen Terrak will come with me for his treachery." The Admiral was about to speak before he was interrupted by the tall warrior. "BUT, if you refuse, Twilight and her friends' heads will be ours, and the survivors in that 'Aquarius' will have nothing but a burning inferno as their tomb."


Wyatt slightly lowered his head in worry, if he gave the location of an ally's world to their enemy, they would be wiped out by the Tzenkethi arsenal, but if he refused, he'd be forced to witness some of his close friends be slaughtered right before him. He took a moment to think before Trinnak then spoke again. "Unfortunately, I don't have all the time in the galaxy, Admiral.." He then saw Twilight's friends being forced onto the ground, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo being smacked in the backs of their heads by the soldiers' rifles. They then pointed their weapons down at them, Trinnak raising his hand as he finished. "The coordinates.... now."


Wyatt briefly thought for a moment as he readied himself. "I'm so sorry, Twilight..." The Admiral then snapped out of his thoughts as he turned to T'Vrell, giving her as much of a stern look as he could give. "T'Vrell.... send them the coor-" He stopped as he noticed Twilight and her friends being surrounded in yellow energy fields, their bodies vanishing as the fields quickly dissipated.


Trinnak seemed to be ready to yell as he growled at Wyatt. "This isn't over yet, Admiral, the event's only begun!" The channel cut quickly to the Tzenkethi fleet, one of them turning towards the planet as Wyatt turned to T'Vrell again and spoke.


"T'Vrell, do we have them?!"


The Vulcan officer shook her head as she replied. "No sir, that wasn't us, but I have located the source of the transport."


"Get it up on my panel and try to find out what it was. Lon, hail Princess Celestia!"


Lon nodded and tapped his console a few times before the Regal Sister appeared on the screen, two guards sitting in seats between her. The Princess gave a worried look as she asked the Admiral, "Wyatt, we'll hold off the enemy fleet, can you go get Twilight and the others before they get hurt?"


Wyatt nodded before speaking. "Not a problem, and if you don't mind, I've gotten some old and new friends that would love to smack these guys' heads, I'll send them over right now!" Celestia gave a smile and a slight nod as the screen cut to the fleet again, the ship turning towards the planet before Wyatt turned to T'Vrell and spoke.


"T'Vrell, you've got the Nimbus Team and our new friends at the ready?"


"Yes sir, I can put them on now." T'Vrell said before her commanding officer responded.


"Excellent, contact..... Skystar, I'd like to talk to her."


~Unknown ship, Transporter room~


The room was alive with light and beeping sounds filled the room as three officers stood near the main console of the transporter. The room was mainly a silver color, along with a wall blocking the transporter console from complete view of the pads, the pads themselves were glowing in blue in their ambient state, but flicked to red as a charging noise sounded from them, several fields of yellow energy filling the space over the pads. The beams vanished to reveal ten equines, three of them fillies, six of them mares, and one of the a stallion, all looking up at their new surroundings before seeing the officers near the operation console. One of the officers, an Andorian with a yellow uniform, ran over to them with another officer, who seemed to be a medic, checking them over for injuries as the Andorian spoke. "Don't worry, you're gonna be fine, just rest for a second." She then looked to the medical officer, who gave a grim look as he spoke.


"One of them has a broken hind leg... and is in a state of shock, the one you're talking to has some internal bleeding that I can treat here, and the rest have only slight injuries, I'll send a team down here to treat them."


The Andorian smiled as she spoke again. "Good, do it quickly." The medic nodded before racing over to the comms panel and speaking into it.


Twilight opened her eyes at the sound of the officer kneeling over her, it sounded like Ensign Tarsi. Curious, she faintly looked up to the officer and asked, "I-is.. that you Tarsi?"


The officer gave a surprised look as she answered. "..Yes, but how do you know my name, Mrs.....?"


"Twilight S-Sparkle, and your voice sounds familiar to me, are we-NNH, onboard the Kali?"


Tarsi gave a slight chuckle before she spoke again. "Were, but me, Captain John and the others transferred to the U.S.S. Antares, she's a Constitution class."


Twilight wanted to give a shocked look to her new friend, but the pain halted her from doing so. Tarsi then gave a worried look as she asked the Princess, "Um, by the way, Mrs. Twilight, is John OK? We didn't pick up his signature when we got you outta there."


Fluttershy, who was trying to control her shock, faintly spoke to the Commander near her. "He's.... He's dead." She almost started to burst upon finishing, but Rarity embraced her to help calm her down.


"I'm very sorry, Commander, he was brutally murdered by a Tzenkethi commander named Trinnak, he was about to hurt me and my friends before you saved us." Twilight said as Tarsi gave a solemn expression.


"I... I understand, he was a cool guy, and at least he went down fighting.... but his family will miss him."


The two sat in silence for a moment before Twilight then asked, "One other thing, how's Terrak and his comrade?"


Tarsi then gave a worried look as she spoke. "They're your friends?" The alicorn nodded before she raced over to the comms panel and tapped a button before speaking. "Tarsi to Transporter room 4, do not restrain the newcomers, they are our friends, bring them to Transporter room 3!"


"Understood, Commander." The signal cut before Tarsi heard Sweetie Belle let out a faint gasp of fear and looked to the Andorian before speaking.


"What about the Aquarius?! Are they okay?!"


Tarsi then tapped the panel again before speaking, "Tarsi to Bridge, what's the status on that other ship near the forest?"


"They won't be there for much longer, we're picking up several torpedoes coming from orbit towards the ship!" The group gasped in horror before Tarsi spoke quickly.


"Beam all of them up to the Antares now, cram every open space of the ship if you have to!" She then looked to Twilight, who looked to her friends as she spoke.


"Everyone, clear the pad!" The group did so as Rainbow Dash put Fluttershy on her back and Twilight made her way off of the pad with Flash helping her out. A moment later, the pad was once again filled by several bright beams of golden energy, several people appearing on the pads as the now arriving medical team entered and met up with the newcomers.


Tarsi looked to the panel as she heard the officer speak again. "We have them all, Ma'am."


"Good, I'll be on the Bridge soon, Tarsi out." Tarsi then turned towards the group behind her and spoke to Twilight. "I believe we can get you all fixed up if we had to sickbay."


"You got it." Twilight replied before turning to her friends. She was about to speak but was interrupted by her now chirping combadge, tapping it before speaking. "Yes?"


Applejack's voice sounded from the small device. "Um, Twilight, we've taken some injuries over here, and....you may wanna get Dash over to sickbay, her dad is..... it doesn't look good."


Twilight looked over to Rainbow Dash, who heard the farmpony's words and grew a fearful expression as she spoke to Applejack. "We'll be over there, AJ! Dash out!" She then turned to Twilight as she waited for her to speak.


"Alright everyone, we'll have to hold out for a moment, we need to get to sickbay, let's go." The group nodded and they all gathered up behind Tarsi, who led them out before Twilight looked to Flash. "Flash, can you help me please?"


"Of course, Twilight." Flash said as he held onto Twilight's hoof, the two making their way out the door and following behind to sickbay.

Author's Note:

MOTHERBUCKER, I took too long on the wait! I very much apologize for the long delay, my science teacher had my class make cars for a project and I had a lot of work to do, and it delayed me on this chapter... but I've finally got it out, and I hope I didn't scar anyone or disturb you with some of the fighting at the beginning.

I hope to have the next chapter out soon, and it'll get... let's just say it'll get a little sad. Have a good night. :)