• Published 28th Aug 2017
  • 1,065 Views, 18 Comments

Star Trek Online: Darkness Rising - Admiral Wyatt Stone



A old nemesis has returned to the Alpha Quadrant, and the challange may be more than Twilight and her friends can handle.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,065

Chapter XIV: The War Has Just Begun

Cloudsdale

2 days later


The once booming city of Cloudsdale had become a bit quiet today, rather than laughter and smiles being present on ponies' faces, frowns of sorrow and the faint sounds of sniffling was heard near and inside one of the many buildings within the city. While the battle was won above Equis and the Tzenkethi research station was destroyed, there was a high amount of losses, 9 Alliance ships, the Equestria, and the Fearless' captain, Terrak. Fortunately, the Tzenkethi have not made another attempt of assaulting the Equine homeworld, and the Alliance has begun preparations for the coming storm.

Two funerals were held on that day, one was for Captain Terrak, his actions and sacrifice being noted by the Alliance as well as them being sent to a comrade of his, Captain Crinnu, who had assisted in stopping the assault on Equis months ago. The other was for Rainbow Dash's father, Bow Hothoof, his wife and daughter along with the rest of her friends arriving to share their condolences, even the Wonderbolts had come to see the two mourning pegasi. The funeral was silent, many ponies sharing their best memories and thoughts about Rainbow's father until the ceremony ended with the Wonderbolts, with Dash among them, giving a performance over the area as their farewell.

Afterwards, Twilight and her friends, alongside Wyatt and his crew, made their way to the docking port, discussing their plans for their vacation while their new ship is being built. Applejack was speaking to Rainbow as she asked her, "So, Rainbow, ya sure you'll be fine with us on this trip? You don't need a bit of time to be here and relax?"

Dash took a breath and gave the brightest face she could hold as she answered. "Yeah, besides, my dad wouldn't want us to miss all the fun, I'll manage." She looked at her mother as they walked, her face starting to build a hopeful smile as they turned to Twilight and Dash asked, "So, how do you think Risa will feel like after a long day of work?"

"Oh, it'll be a breath of fresh air for us." As the group entered the Lompoc, one of Wyatt's shuttles, Twilight seated herself near Flash and turned to the Admiral and asked him, "So, how's it on your end?"

The Admiral gave a smirk as he responded. "Well, it seems we've got some new friends working with us, the Herald crew we rescued have decided to have their ship serve as part of the Alliance fleet under my command, and the Antares has decided to join us on our cause since their captain was killed."

Twilight smiled as the ship took off and flew upward into the sky. The princess then turned to Rarity sitting next to her sister, who was sitting near her friend and classmate Button Mash and his mother. Curious of what they were discussing, the alicorn princess spoke to them. "Mind if we join in on the chat?"

Rarity nodded before replying to her friend. "Ah, yes, Button Mash was hoping to talk to you a while ago, you see, he's wanted to be closer to Sweetie here after that last battle we went through, and he and his mother were hoping to have your approval." She started to let out a laugh as she finished with, "...And, he was also going to go with us to Risa."

Twilight looked to Flash and Wyatt, the two giving understanding smiles before she turned and answered the four ponies. "I'd be happy to, just try not to get hurt."

"I doubt that'd happen." Button said as he showed the ping pong game that his mother gave him a while back. The group laughed a little as Rarity faced Twilight and spoke to her.

"So, how will our new ship look once she's finished?" Twilight gave a smile as she looked to the window, seeing a shadow pass over them as they saw what they were talking about.

"I'd say we're just now getting our first peek at her." She said as everyone looked to see the new ship that Twilight and her crew would be flying soon.

Aside from the unfinished sections of hull, the ship was magnificent. The saucer resembled the Equestria's saucer, but the finished sections revealed some new areas peaking out over the saucer, almost like the bow of a boat, but with an added cover above it, some new gold paint was placed on the hull as well, to show it as a ship of royalty. The secondary hull was almost the same, with new windows that were not common on most federation ships were built on it, the pylons were more curved than before, with the nacelles looking like the Yorktown's, but with four long fins extending outward behind them. But the most notable change was the deflector dish, it resembled the large star on Twilight's cutie mark, with a pink color and, if she was seeing it right, a crystal ball was inside the star-shaped dish. One more thing on the stardrive was the name and registry, it was still placed on the sides of the hull, but was changed to have a different name and registry, which read:

"E.A.S. Harmony, ECC-2010"


E.A.S. Harmony

Bridge

4 months later


The time on Risa was very much needed, spending time to relax and have fun on the strange, alien beaches, taking shots of Romulan Ale, Chateau Picard wine, and several rare Risian beverages, and taking a view of the Nandi. Windy Whistles had almost let out a yelp when she had first seen the Ferengi ship sitting in the large waters, giving everyone a laugh from her reaction. Now, after five months of peace and comfort, their efforts were need once again. The Tzenkethi were making more attacks all across the worlds existing within the newly discovered area of space beyond Draconis, and the Alliance wasn't having that.

At her station, Rainbow Dash sat next to Pinkie Pie, the two making their last check-ups on the newly finished E.A.S. Harmony, the new flagship of Equestria. They were getting the ship ready for launch as Dash spoke to Pinkie. "So, do you think this ship will be able to give the Tzenkethi a run for their money?"

Pinkie gave a smirk as she replied. "Are you kidding? Unlike last time, we'll surely be giving those meanies what they deserve!" Dash smirked as well before Pinkie spoke to her. "By the way, you sure you and your mom are gonna be fine after our vacation?"

"Don't worry Pinkie, we've both gotten over it, besides, I've promised to talk to her at least once a week to let her know I'm alive and well." Rainbow said as the two heard the doors to Twilight's quarters opened and the princess, Spike, and Flash entered the bridge, trotting to their seats and looking to the two mares at the helm.

"Dash, how's the ship?" Twilight said to the pegasus before she replied.

"Just finishing up on that." Rainbow then tapped the comms panel near her and spoke. "Bridge to sickbay, is everything all set up?"

"We're all ready when you are." Fluttershy was heard saying through the comms before Dash spoke up once again.

"AJ? Good to go?"

"She's fired up and ready for a ride down here. We're waitin' for your go-ahead!" Applejack replied over the noises in the engineering deck.

Dash then looked to her friend behind her and spoke. "I'd say we're ready."

"Good." A familiar voice said behind Dash as Wyatt appeared on the screen, Creepybloom and her old friend Pinkamena standing right behind him. The three of them gave a smile as the Admiral spoke up again. "We've been tasked with delivering Mrs. Serenade to K-13 in light of the station's finished construction, it shouldn't be too much of a task on the Harmony's first day." The Admiral finished as Twilight responded.

"Not at all, we'll be right behind you." The alicorn said as Wyatt finished the chat.

"Understood, Stone out." The signal cut out to show the Iconian vessel Twilight had acquired during their rescue mission, now with a new paintjob and rechristened with the name "Forerunner", sitting right by their side and waiting for them to follow them into warp.

Dash looked at her console and spoke to Twilight. "Warp drive ready on your word, Twi."

Twilight looked to her friends and crewmates, each of them waiting for her to get their new mission going. Smiling along with them, she said what was needed to be heard.

"Engage."

With that, Dash tapped the console, the ship roaring for a moment before the ship, alongside the forerunner, fired open a portal to their destination, and shortly after the Forerunner shot into the portal in a blue flare of light, the Harmony shot towards the portal as well, a rainbow-colored flash of light and energy floating out into the open area of space as the ships vanished, the portal closing shortly after and leaving the planet of Equis to a peaceful silence.

Author's Note:

Hey there, sorry if this ending seems a bit short, I tried to get as much as I could in there. I also tried to finish this because of a new issue that if it happens, it may affect everyone on this site, not to mention the site itself. :fluttercry: :pinkiesad2: If you wanna know about what I'm talking about, here's the link: https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/813673/hey-everybody-just-saying

Nonetheless, I hope this was a fun ride for you, I'd personally say I'd suck at fanfic stories, but I try to make them as best and workable as I can, and I hope this isn't the worst thing in the world to read, but then again, I think we can agree there can be worse... much worse. I was also hoping to make a few more sequels and stories, but for the moment, I'm gonna take note of the possibility that this could happen, and until it's confirmed that it won't, I may not make another story for the moment.:applecry:

Once again, I hope you all enjoyed this trilogy and thank you for reading. LLAP ;) :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment