• Published 25th Aug 2017
  • 1,722 Views, 49 Comments

Nightmares and Harmony - Starpony999



Pinkamenia Dawn Pie, a crazy unicorn from Equestria, learns about friendship through her adventures with five ponies she meets in Ponyville.

  • ...
1
 49
 1,722

You Call THIS a Party?

Rarity swooped Gummy up with one of her forehooves and rushed him inside. Dawn, who was not about to let a stranger inside her home, however temporary it may be, rushed in after the earth pony and ushered her out, making up some excuse about rest. Speaking of, Dawn needed a little nap herself. She had just begun up the stairs to scout out a bedroom when she noticed just how dark it was. She illuminated her horn to reveal a large crowd of ponies occupying the entire downstairs of the café, including the five specific ponies she had encountered this morning.

"Surprise!" Everypony cheered, startling Dawn off the steps and consequently returning the room to utter blackness. All other unicorns lit their horns in response and replenished the light. A couple of the ponies nearest to her helped Dawn stand back up.

"What is the meaning of this?" Dawn demanded, stomping her hoof.

A pony came forward, supposedly the one in charge of this....extravaganza. She was a lavender pegasus, one of the five Dawn had encountered that day: Twilight Swish.

"Hi! I threw this party just for you! Were you surprised? Were ya? Were ya? Huh huh huh?"

Dawn rolled her eyes in an unamused manner. "Obviously."

"Y'see, I saw you when you first got here, remember? You were all 'hello' and I was all" Deep gasp. "remember? And then you were like 'Before you fly off to who knows where again, could you please be a more polite pony and give me some directions?' And I was like 'sorry' and 'where are you going?' And then you said 'Sweet Apple Acres' and then I pointed towards Apple Jet's home and flew off! Y'see I've never seen you before and if I've never seen you before that means you're new, 'cause I know everypony, and I mean everypony in Ponyville!"

'Could this mare be any crazier?' Dawn thought.

"And if you're new, that meant you haven't met anyone yet, and if you haven't met anyone yet, you must not have any friends, and if you don't have any friends then you must be lonely, and that made me so sad, then I had an idea, and that's why I went" Another gasp. "I must throw a great big ginormous super-duper spectacular welcome party and invite everyone in Ponyville! See? And now you have lots and lots of friends!"

"That's your reason for throwing a...a..." The unicorn searched for the correct word but found none. "...a party? To make friends?"

"Well, yeah, that's what a party is for!" The purple mare replied.

"Ugh." Dawn sighed, leaving the crazy pegasus and wandering over to the counter, where an assortment of baked goods lay. She did not the energy to deal with that pony. 'Perhaps a little snack will boost my stamina.' She picked up a cupcake with strawberry sauce smothered on it and took a bite. Her head then seemed to burst into flames, her mane and tail included.

"Are you all right, Chéri?" The yellow mare from before asked.

With tears streaming down her face, the pink pony put on a burst of speed and raced up the stairs into the largest bedroom.

"Aww, she's so happy she's crying!" Twilight grinned, a mischievous look in her eye.

Gummy went over to the table his friend had eaten off of and examined the setting. "Hot Sauce Cupcakes. Ooh..." He read off a plaque in front of said cupcakes.

Rainbow Zap face-hoofed, shaking her head.

"What?" Twilight asked. "It's good!" To emphasize her point, she grabbed a nearby bottle of hot sauce and drizzled even more on one of the cupcakes and ate it in one bite.

Apple Jet rolled her eyes at the other pegasus.


Hours later, the downstairs party was still in full swing, and Dawn continued to lay on the bed with an upset stomach. She absolutely couldn't stand it. Parties were her life! She had returned back downstairs once the first stomach ache had subsided, but somehow she managed to digest the one thing to which she was allergic: pecans So far, every game that had been played was lackluster: bobbing for apples instead of bobbing for diamonds, freeze dancing without actual ice, and truth or dare instead of Dare or Double Dare. Not to mention, they hadn't even played pin-the-tail-on-the-pony. Surely they could get that one right.

Currently, Dawn was groaning and covering her ears with a pillow. The music was loud and far from pleasant. Besides, in her head it mixed with the sound of a ticking clock, signaling the lack of time left for the prophecy. Dawn didn't have any time to research it or anything, she was way too tired, and there was no getting past that crowd.

The student of Celestia was just giving up trying to keep the noise out when her number one assistant entered the room. The open door caused the annoying bass to rumble even louder in Dawn's ears, which she consequently flattened against her head.

"Hey Dawn! Twilight Swish is starting "pin the tail on the pony"! Wanna play?" Gummy asked.

The unicorn's ear automatically perked up, although she regretted it almost instantly as her headache worsened. "Which pony?"

"Princess Celestia."

"The princess? She's here? At the party? I can't imagine her wanting to even participate in the game, let alone be the pony."

"Heh, heh." The dragon scratched his neck in nervousness. "Actually, they don't play that way."

"The ponies in this town are Kuh-razy!" The magician exclaimed, throwing her hooves up in disgust. "They stay up all night, and can't even get a classic party game right!"

"It's the eve of the Summer Sun Celebration. Everypony has to stay up, or they'll miss the Princess raise the sun! You really should lighten up, Pinkie. It's a party!"

"You should lighten up Pinkie, it's a party." Dawn mockingly mimicked her assistant. "If you could even call this a party! Not to mention it's filled with ponies I don't know! Ugh." The pony rolled over and once more covered her ears with the pillow.

Gummy gave up with a shrug of his shoulders and retreated to the party. He shut the door behind him, giving Dawn enough relief from her headache to look out the window at the moon, which still held the likeness of a mare. Just like it had since her childhood.

"Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape, and she will bring about everlasting night. I hope you're right, Princess... I hope it really is just an old ponytale..."