• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 1,227 Views, 7 Comments

Dons Magical Stabilization - JasonSonicZombie



My name is Don. I am a powerful human being and I've found myself in this beautiful world!

  • ...
47
 7
 1,227

The Big Race

Dons Magical Stabilization

Disclaimer: I Do Not Own "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" Please Support the Official Release.

Main Character
First Name: Don
Last Name: Aaron
Middle Name: Eran
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Voice: Soft
Species: Human
Mood: Maliciously Dark Taste for Causing Sadness and Chaos
Aura: No Aura
Hair Color: Short and Rainbow Colored
Eye Color: Light Red
Height: 5.6 feet
Weight: 191 pounds
Professional Personality Assessment:
I believe this man may be subject to change, his mental capacity is very limited and has thresholds that can burst. This also can provoke outbursts of frightening power, probably is caused by a deep pain that has been inflicted upon him when he was younger. The chances of him recovering are highly unlikely. Although he has stabilized his power, his mind has destabilized... "What are you trying to say doctor?" ...I'm saying it would no longer be him you'd be talking too, it's something else. '-'

Chapter 20
The Big Race
Former Captain
Last of the Toast
Rainbow's Fatigue
Blinding Hatred
Colarine's Deception

The referee swung the flag, immediately the race began the crowds cheered loudly as the ponies took off in an instant.

Except Don who just lied there at the starting line half asleep. He starred up at the beautiful sky he felt mesmerized by it.

The crowd starred in confusion some of the ponies that had bet on Don almost wanted to fly over to him and kick him awake forcing him to race.

The referee flew down beside Don, "Umm... Don you realize the race has started already right?"

"Oh really I didn't even notice, I guess that's what that breeze was a moment ago."

"You sound rather confident on winning this race for someone who's in dead last, you also realize there's little fillies ahead of you."

"Yep, and!" Don lied there picking his nose. "You don't want to lose to fillies do you." Don sat up quickly. "Are you kidding those fillies are probably gonna win this race!"

"What? How can you be do sure!" Don casually lied back down, "I just know these things."

Skies of Equestria

Spitfire and Soarin relaxed as they soared through the air Rainbow Dash trailed behind them she was so mesmerized she couldn't even focus on the race, Rainbow Dash had her eyes glued to Spitfire she wasn't even trying to win, she was happy just being close to Spitfire.

Pinky Pie and Applejack trailed behind Rainbow Dash. Cadenza Celestia and Shining Armor where the only ones taking this seriously.

The air was thick with tension, suddenly Celestia noticed the stupidest thing ever. She slowly looked over to Cadenza, "What do you think your doing eating at a time like this, you'll get cramps!"

"Relax, and no I won't! I've flown and eaten before." Celestia redirected her attention to the race. "Whatever you just keep eating, I'll win for you."

Shining quickly took the lead passing between Cadenza and Celestia. "You mares down stand a chance!"

"What I don't think so!" Celestia sped up quickly, Shining and Celestia where neck and neck, pushing each other aside this race was about to become violent. Cadenza continued munching on her toast. 'munch' 'munch' "Emm... Good!"

Cloudsdale

Suddenly a pegasus pony wearing a black hoodie hiding her identity landed next to the referee.

"Umm... Excuse me, but where is every pony?"

Don sat up and starred at the mysterious mare, as did the referee. "Umm... Well... the race has kinda already started!"

"WHAT REALLY!" Colarine quickly jumped into the air she slungshot herself through the air, Don watched her leave his sight at an alarmingly increasing speed.

The referee and the entire crowd where in complete awe! The referee turned to Don who just stood up and stretched his body ready to begin he almost was.

"OK I remember what Celestia said no magic, nothing other than flying." Don thought to himself for a moment. "She really shouldn't have said that, now to redirect all of my power to flying speed and agility."

Don made some type of a hand sign, then suddenly the air around him thickened, the referee stepped away he could feel the change in the air.

Don's eyes shot open a cool red soft glow illuminated the cloud he was on. Don instantly disappeared. The only thing left behind was a trail of black particle static.

The referee's eyes where completely glued to the floor, the crowd screamed for Don cheering him on... well the ponies that bet on him at least.

After a few seconds Don had caught up to Colarine, unfortunately for her. Her hoodie had came off of her face revealing her mane.

Don starred at Colarine then unfortunately he crashed into a rather tall tree that was conveniently in front of him.

Colarine looked back to see a tree vibrate, she seemed confused but she just brushed it off and sped up.

Don lied in the grass starring up into the sky, "I seem to have a problem with running into things I don't like."

"Why did that hurt!" Don pondered that for only a moment before he leaped back into the air.

Don shook off his confusion and continued to tear through the air. "Was that Rainbow Dash she look bigger or older in this case."

Skies of Equestria

Suddenly a black rainbowish blur blew right past all the fillies and dove right between Spitfire and Soarin.

Spitfire and Soarin stopped to gather themselves. "What was that?" asked Soarin. "I'm not entirely sure but I'm gonna find out!"

Spitfire took off leaving behind a fiery trail in her wake Soarin quickly dove out from underneath the fire trying to avoid getting burnt.

Rainbow Dash luckily bumped into Soarin if she hadn't she would've flew into Spitfire's flames. "Come on Rainbow Dash let's catch up to Spitfire."

Rainbow Dash squealed, "You think I can catch up to her!" Soarin turned and looked to Rainbow he ruffled her familiar rainbow mane. "Yeah your totally capable, I wouldn't be surprised if you where faster." Rainbow Dash's eyes widened excepting the compliment and storing it away for later. She squealed again this time in a higher tone.

Quickly Rainbow Dash dashed off leaving Soarin in the dust, "Oh so that's how you wanna play it." Soarin as well tore through the air chasing after Rainbow Dash, who was chasing after Spitfire, who was chasing after Colarine, who was gunning for the lead of the pack.

Meanwhile Pinky Pie and Applejack where on there contraption moving at an alarmingly slow rate.

"Umm... Pinky Pie can't this hunk of junk move any faster!" "Yes it can I'm just thinking." Applejack starred in confusion. "Really this must be your first time, I'm so proud."

"No, you remember back at the starting line when we where on top of Don... With Rainbow Dash!" "Umm... Yeh, I..I.. remember!"

"I don't think Don noticed it, but we seriously need to throw Rainbow Dash a big surprise party."

"Pinky I don't think that would cut it." "Aw... Why not?" "It just wouldn't she needs family and friends around her to cheer her up."

Suddenly Don soared past Pinky Pie and Applejack. "Quick Pinky throw it into overdrive we gotta catch up to Rainbow Dash."

Don lied on his back practically swimming through the air slowly relaxing taking his time.

When suddenly Pinky Pie an Applejack flew past him knocking him around and around confusing the hell out of him.

After a few seconds of spiraling downwards, Don caught himself amongst all of the confusion.

Meanwhile Colarine zipped between Celestia and Cadenza.

"Hey did you see something just now?" asked Cadenza. "Nope!"

Suddenly Spitfire and Rainbow Dash blew past Celestia and Cadenza knocking them both aside.

Rainbow Dash and Spitfire stopped to high hoof one another. "That was great, now let's take this race by storm."

Unfortunately they had stopped long enough for Soarin to hurdle past them followed by Celestia.

Cadenza was pissed now she lost her extra piece of toast it was knocked out of her back pocket she had it stashed away in.

Cadenza as well flew past Spitfire and Rainbow, leaving them with a confused look on there faces.

Spitfire hovered close to Rainbow, "New plan no matter what we do, no matter how awesome, we don't stop! We keep on moving!"

"Got it!" Rainbow Dash and Spitfire flew off tearing through the skies leaving rainbows and fire in there wake.

Colarine however was having it easy, she caught up to Shining she slowed herself to wave to him. "See yah later!" Colarine was now in the lead.

Soarin tore through the air flying next to Shining who sped up as fast as he could, but a lass he was getting no where quick.

Celestia shot past Soarin and Shining in a blast of divine glory. "Haha leaving you colts in the dust!"

Cadenza just flew past Celestia, "I'll find her she made me drop my royal toast, that was my last piece too!"

Celestia's eyes widened, "She's fast." Soarin and Shining nodded in agreement.

After about a minute of high tension, Cadenza caught up with Colarine, Cadenza noticed her rainbow mane that was poorly hidden she saw her face.

"COLARINE!" cadenza screamed! Colarine almost choked to hearing her name being yelled out she turned to see Cadenza to her left.

"P..p..p..princess C..c..cadenza!" "Colarine your racing here too... well that's great, but I'm gonna beat you then have you back me cookies!"

"I won't be baking cookies for you they'll be my cookies!" Finally Cadenza remembered that she'd looked down to the crowd before to see Rainbow Dash was there.

Cadenza quickly compared Colarine and Rainbow Dash together they where a perfect match perfect age line up.

Cadenza's mouth and eyes widened, she couldn't believe she didn't notice it sooner. Colarine pulled her hoodie back over her head and tied it shut so it wouldn't fly off again.

Celestia finally caught up to Cadenza as did Soarin and Shining. There where five ponies tied for the lead.

They all raced neck and neck pushing each other away from one another this could get violent at any moment, hopefully it wouldn't.

Suddenly Spitfire and Rainbow Dash tore past the five tied for second place now. A trail of rainbow colors and fire was all that could be seen.

The five tied for second all disbanded in different directions as not to get burned or painted a new color.

Pinky Pie and Applejack finally caught up they quickly swerved underneath the wretched flames of death.

Celestia and Cadenza regrouped Soarin and Colarine where together again Shining was catching up to Pinky Pie and Applejack he was gunning for second place.

Spitfire and Rainbow Dash moved so fast to them everything almost seemed like a blur time began slowing for them.

Rainbow Dash was pushing her limits she was giving everything she had just to keep up with Spitfire but her amount of energy was depleting fast, and the race wasn't even half over.

Spitfire noticed Rainbow Dash's abnormal breathing and heavy sweating out of the corner of her eyes. Spitfire slowed down, she knew Rainbow was the type of pony that wouldn't slow down unless she knew she could win.

Applejack was totally blown away by how fast they where going. "Pinky Pie this amazing!"

"I told you this baby could do it!" "She's got the power of ten pegasi combined."

Shining, Soarin, and Colarine flew past Applejack and Pinky Pie in a fiery storm of speed.

Celestia and Cadenza soon followed behind, all five of them together again they all sped up.

Applejack and Pinky Pie increasing in speed joining the group of ponies in second place.

Applejack looked around in all directions, "Wow and this is tied for second, who's in first I wonder."

Pinky Pie starred ahead, "I think it's Spitfire and... and Rainbow Dash!" Pinky Pie yelled loudly out loud so every pony could hear!

Colarine Soarin and Cadenza heard that and where surprised, especially Colarine. "It's probably just a coincidence!" she said to herself. Celestia however was not surprised at all. After all Rainbow Dash did do a legendary Sonic Rainboom, that had only been done by four pegasus before in the past.

Spitfire and Rainbow Dash where now, within view there speed decreased in both of them. Even Spitfire was starting to break a sweat. However Rainbow Dash didn't have much left to give.

The furious six tied for second where now neck and neck surrounding Rainbow Dash and Spitfire there where eight ponies now tied for first place it's any ponies race now.

And suddenly, a stream of black static dashed past all eight of them. They all starred in unison to see Don who was swimming in air enjoying himself he hadn't even broken a sweat yet.

"Why hello there mares and gentlecolts how have you all been?" Don laughed before slowing down to be part of the furious nine.

Don flew between Spitfire and Rainbow Dash. "What's up you two!" Spitfire hinted to Rainbow Dash. Don looked over to Rainbow Dash.

"She looks fine to me!" Spitfire pulled Don close, "Are you kidding look at her she's exhausted." Spitfire whispered to Don

"So..." Spitfire's eyes widened she'd got another look into Don's eyes there pulsating red glow sent chills down her back that slowed her, causing her wings to tremble.

Rainbow Dash slowed down to be close Spitfire even though now they where tied for third.

Don seemed confused on the amount of concern Spitfire showed for Rainbow Dash, he merely brushed it off and smirked evilly as he reclaimed first place.

The race was three quarters over, by now the sun was high in the sky it's heat beating down onto the pegasus team.

Celestia and Cadenza both caught up to Don none of the three seemed to be breaking a sweat.

Don relaxed flying with his eyes closed, he probably shouldn't be though, considering his history with crashing into stuff.

Soarin Shining and Colarine joined the herd gunning for first place.

Applejack and Pinky Pie slowed down next to Rainbow Dash and Spitfire.

Applejack leaned over the side of the plane, "Rainbow Dash your not looking too hot, do you wanna stop for a rest?"

"Luckily Pinky Pie built an extra seating in this here contraption." Applejack patted the seat. "C'mon Rainbow."

Rainbow Dash didn't respond she just sped up. She squinted her eyes, she could see Don in the distance. "If I can get past him I'll win!"

Spitfire flew beside Rainbow Dash, "Listen Rainbow I really think you should stop for a..."

Suddenly Rainbow Dash took off for her last jolt of speed.

Celestia and Cadenza looked behind themselves, Don raised his head and his sunglasses.

"Oh, I knew Rainbow wouldn't be beaten so easily."

Rainbow Dash soared past all who where tied for second she caught up to Don and the two princess's.

Rainbow Dash and Don nodded to one another. Don rolled over on his stomach he was ready he tossed his sunglass which I have no ideal where he got those from.

Don still didn't notice Rainbow Dash's fatigue he was blinded by something, but he was going to be her ultimate down fall.

"Let's do this filly!" "I'm ready... when you are... slow poke!"

Colarine looked ahead to see what could've been but she wasn't too sure her eyes where blurry from all of this flying.

Soarin and Shining where both nearing there limits. Colarine and Spitfire sped up behind Celestia and Cadenza.

Applejack and Pinky Pie came up behind Soarin and Shining passing them both leaving them in last place.

Spitfire sped up leaving fire and Colarine behind her.

Spitfire flew past Don and Rainbow Dash. Then suddenly Don and Rainbow shot up past Spitfire who was moving as fast as she could.

It was as if a beautiful rainbow colored black static volcano had erupted in the sky, as fire filled the air it mixed in with rainbows and particle black static.

Celestia and Cadenza's eyes widened in fear that the flames would swallow them hole.

Shining, Soarin, Applejack and Pinky Pie, Celestia and Cadenza all swerved away from the flames they had no hope of catching up now they had been brutally left in the dust almost killed even.

Don smirked evilly, Rainbow Dash licked her lips, Spitfire took the lead by a hair line fraction. They where flying so fast through the air that they could hear nothing else it was so loud the heavy air hitting them almost felt like it could be painful.

It's Rainbow Dash, then Don and Spitfire, there moving neck and neck, hoof and hoof, side by side. It was almost a fight.

The finish line was within sight. "Awe, already that's no fun!" Don said wanting more of a thrill.

The crowds in the stands cheered loudly as they could see there final approach.

Earth ponies all scattered as flames descended to the ground below threatening to burn them up into ash.

Time seemed to slow, Rainbow's eyes squinted until they where closed shut.

Then suddenly Rainbow's wings stopped moving she began descending.

Spitfire and Don both didn't even seem to notice, there eyes where attached on the finish line.

A sweat drop fell off of Don's nose he looked over to Spitfire who was slowly taking the lead.

"No way she's so fast!" Don grinned widely. "Yeah! Now that's what I'm talking about."

Some ponies in the stands noticed Rainbow's descent. They yelled and screamed.

Don and Spitfire heard there shouts, they both looked down to see Rainbow Dash slowly approaching the ground.

Don's heart was unmoved by Rainbow Dash's Imminent doom, but he began slowing down he didn't know why he tried to speed up.

Spitfire began descending slowly but before she even realized it she pasted across the finish line the ponies in the crowd cheered confetti began to fall from the air surrounding her with what should have been a good time, but instead could be a tragic memory.

Spitfire landed, she quickly ran over the edge of cloud and jumped down flying to Rainbow her wings trembled.

"I'm not going to make it!"

Celestia, Cadenza and Colarine neared the finish line, they looked down to see some pony was falling Celestia looked up to the finish line to see Don was just watching from a distance not doing a thing. That's when Celestia was finally convinced that something was wrong with Don.

Cadenza could see Spitfire chasing after a crashing Rainbow Dash. Don starred down to Spitfire chasing after Rainbow.

Something inside of him was slowly breaking, and suddenly Don's eyes faded to blue.

Don awoke hovering high above in the sky he could hear cheers and screams beating and breaking hearts. "What's going on?"

Cadenza and Celestia joined Colarine they all raced down to try to catch Rainbow.

Don's eyes finally locked onto Rainbow Dash she was just a few yards away from the ground.

"What the what's happening?" Don was about to jump into action but he calculated his chances he then knew that he wouldn't make it.

Don quickly raised his hands into the air he clapped them together loudly it echoed as silence engulfed everything.

Everything faded to gray as every pony stopped moving. Don looked around to see confetti frozen in mid air. "Oh wow it actually worked... Cool!"

Don starred down to Rainbow Dash who was frozen in a mid air a few feet away from the ground.

Don quickly teleported to her, he wrapped her in his arms holding her tightly, "I'm not sure what's going on but I don't like the way you look... Rainbow Dash."

"I'll deal with that once this is over, oh I hope this doesn't hurt too much." Don closed his eyes and snapped his fingers.

Suddenly time continued, immediately Spitfire was engulfed in a huge dust cloud.

Spitfire screamed out a gut wrenching pain filled scream. "NOOOOOO!" "I was so close... If only... If only... I was faster!" Spitfire's eyes watered like a garden hose.

Celestia, Cadenza and Colarine flew next Spitfire none of them spoke especially Cadenza.

The dust cloud rose the cheers stopped the confetti stopped silence dawned upon them.

Soarin, Shining, Applejack and Pinky Pie could finally see the finish line and what looked like riding smoke.

Applejack starred off into the distance, "Hey look it looks like there was a fire we better hurry some pony might need our help."

"No Pinky that's not smoke, that looks like dust?" "Dust? What would dust be doing in the air?"

Soarin starred at the dust cloud, "Uh oh this doesn't look good I'm getting a strange bad feeling."

Meanwhile Marrie slept on her cloud that was drifting about in any direction, when suddenly Don's magic, life force, and energy became detectable. Marrie opened her eyes an ominous feeling looming over her.

The dust began clearing, Cadenza looked up to see Don was nowhere to be found, nowhere near the finish line at least.

The dust cleared enough for Celestia to spot Rainbow Dash lying in a crater completely unharmed, and Don underneath her who wasn't looking to hot.

Don looked up into the sky with his blurry vision, blood ran down his left cheek. "Aw... shit... I knew... It would..."

Don's left eye was a frighteningly glowing red color while his right eye was a light sky blue color, they both closed shut and he lost consciousness.

"HEY LOOK!" Celestia pointed to Don and Rainbow Dash lying in the dirt both of them where unconscious.

Colarine lowered her hoodie she was trying to comfort Spitfire, then she heard Celestia's words. Spitfire quickly snapped out of it she looked down see Rainbow was still alive she wasn't exploded into a million pieces.

Spitfire quickly flew to the ground followed by Colarine and Celestia. Cadenza was the last to follow something was eating away at her mind?

Black static sparked around Don threatening to retake him. However Rainbow Dash's pure presence acted as a shield for the time being.

Colarine starred down to the little filly who look unremarkablely like the one she'd lost years ago.

Spitfire and Celestia ran over to Don and Rainbow, Colarine was still confused, she didn't know what to think, what to believe was it really her. Could it really be her?

Celestia looked down to Don who wasn't conscious, "Oooh this doesn't look good, Don must've used himself as a shield for Rainbow Dash at the last minute before the impact." Spitfire was a little confused. "But Don was at the finish line way above me, how did he get here before me?" Celestia turned to Spitfire she shook her head in disagreement. "I'm not entirely sure we can ask him once he awakens."

Spitfire found it difficult to look down to the two, "I hope so, but man they sure hit hard, just look at the ground it's all torn up! I hope Don is OK"

Celestia looked to Rainbow Dash then she turned to face Colarine. Celestia eyes widened as she turned back to Rainbow then to Colarine then back to Rainbow again.

"Whoa! It can't be, can it, they look the same except one is tiny... I mean is a filly!"

Celestia walked over to Colarine, she knew she'd seen her before but she couldn't place her hoof on it.

"Excuse me, miss I need to know what's your name?" Colarine didn't even know Celestia was there she was still stuck in her trance.

Celestia waved her hoof back and forth past Colarine's face. "Oh what who me, well my name... My name is... Uhh! Is... Colarine!"

Finally it hit Celestia, "You mean the same as from ten years ago Colarine Former Captain of the Wonderbolts!"

"Yep... That's mean, I haven't been called that in a while!" Colarine looked past Celestia to Rainbow Dash on the ground.

Celestia was in complete and utter amazement she hadn't been face to face with Colarine since she resigned years ago.

Colarine finally gathered the guts to ask, "Umm... Princess... Who is that little filly on the ground over there."

Celestia turned back to Colarine, "Her name is..." Time seemed to slow down for Colarine as her eyes widened in anticipation.

"Her... Name... Is... Rainbow Dash!"

End of Chapter 20