• Published 22nd Aug 2017
  • 4,163 Views, 70 Comments

Among Hives - Nova_Wings



Chrysalis took over Canterlot, too bad the other hives don't like that.

  • ...
6
 70
 4,163

03: CMC center stage pt2

Anypony in Ponyville could tell you that when the CMC shouted, you could hear them clear across town, and the changelings in Canterlot knew this now too. Glimmer and Switchblade leveled their full magical arsenal at any changelings foolish enough to cross them, Applebloom gave more than a few changelings a swift kick to their more sensitive regions with her hind hooves, the fact that they were covered in chitin and hit with Apple family strength didn’t help the receiving changelings any. Sweetie Belle was still inexperienced with her magic, but aiming and firing changeling spell bolts was rather easy, as proven by the unlucky ling receiving a face full of magic.

<Nice shot>

“Thanks, Ace.”

It had been weird hearing another voice in her head, as well as frightening, but after the adrenalin kicked in from the first attacking changings the crusader’s shout attracted, that fear had been pushed away.

“Stop cringin’ every time I kick one o these here changelings Burst.” “Y'all told me where to kick!” “Then you should have thought of that.” “No, I ain't sorry.” “Right after you tell ma sis what the first group said they would do.”

“Applebloom, Burst lets worry about finding the princess, we can discuss where to kick the cheese legs latter.” Glimmer interrupted the two.

“Remind me how the three of you haven't flattened Ponyville?” An Emerald changeling asked.

The crusader’s shout had the added effect of letting the other Emeralds who were in the city where the group was, they now had a small force of about twelve that was slowly growing.

“Remind me why I don’t cocoon you, Dust?”

“Because mom would just take me out and stick you in for doing it.” Dust replied smugly.

“How come y'all call this queen ‘mom’? Did she have all of ya?” Applebloom asked as they moved forward.

“It's a long story for later, but the short explanation is we are all descended from our queen.”

Further conversation came to a halt as the group heard very loud, and very colorful language up ahead.

“WE SHALL END ALL OF THEE, CHITIN BASTARDS!”

“Found Luna.” Dust deadpanned.

“Gee, how did you guess.” Glimmer snarked.

The group bolted down the hall, two other groups of Emeralds joined them, also hearing the princess of the night. The group rounded a corner, nearly colliding with Luna and several of her night guard. Luna reacted quickly, charging a spell to hit Glimmer at near point blank.

“Princess WAIT!” Sweetie shouted as she lept in between Luna and Glimmer.

Luna’s eyes went wide seeing the filly apparently covered in chitin.

“What has thou done to our ponies! Release this filly at once!”

Glimmer was thinking every deity she could think of for her mother's foresight right now. “In the darkest night, guided are we by the moon.”

Luna replied, blinking, she hadn't expected to hear a code from before her banishment. “And the shadows fear not the light, but those who walk in it.”

Glimmer sighed in relief as she bowed. “Princess, we have not met formally before, I am princes Glimmer of the Emeralds Hive, we come to offer our aid in repelling the Sapphire Hive.”

Luna eyed Glimmer, then the two fillies. “First explain them, if we are not satisfied with thy answer, thy life is forfeit.”

Glimmer transformed back into Scootaloo. “My friends insisted on helping me, I tried to have them taken out of the city, but they refused. Rather than risk them two of the Emeralds volunteered to become armor to protect them.”

“It's true princess, Glim- er Scootaloo tried to send us away after Applebloom got hurt, but we couldn’t leave our friend alone.”

Luna turned to Applebloom. “Thou were injured?”

“Ya, a cheese bug hit me before Ace and Burst got to us.”

Several of the Emeralds had to suppress guffaws and snickers at the ‘cheese bug’ comment.

“Who does thou wear?”

“His name is Burst.”

Luna’s eyes narrowed. “Have this ‘Burst’ remove himself.”

“He can hear-”

Applebloom was cut off as the changeling fire wrapped around her, Burst was standing over her, Applebloom could feel her back just barely touching his barrel.

“Step aside changeling.”

“Sorry princess, I was tasked with this filly's safety, no matter what.”

The sound of spell bolts firing drew everyone's attention, several Emeralds were holding off attacking Sapphires at the end of the hall.

“Look we don't have time,” Glimmer began. “We need to get to the grand hall and rescue princess Celestia, you can help or we can leave you here princess.”

“Why did thou come looking for us rather than freeing our sister directly?”

“Things would be much easier with an alicorn, but if you're not in the mood to help…”

“They got the bearers!”

“WHAT!” Luna and Glimmer shouted.

Everyone turned to the changeling that had called out, they were near a window at the far end of the hall, outside they could see the bearers being dragged back to the castle.

“Guess it's up to us now, so what is is going to be princes, are you going to help defend Canterlot, or are we going to wait for the other hives to show up and turn this into the most lopsided battle in changeling history?”

“Why not simply wait to strengthen our forces?”

“And risk how many ponies?” Glimmer snarled.

Luna looked back at Applebloom and Sweetie Belle, neither had moved but both looked worried now for their sisters, Burst was crouching low over Applebloom, much as a pony would protecting their young.

Not the same. Luna thought, stepping to the side she could see the wound in Applebloom’s side. Her horn glowed with magic, healing the gash and peeling away the dross.

“It seems we have much to adjust to, for now, let us quell this invasion.”

Burst changed back into armor as the group sprinted for the grand hall.

The group came to a halt just beyond the doors to the grand hall, they had met up with most of the Emerald's advanced force that was in Canterlot, they were still badly outnumbered, but a changeling princess and alicorn leveled the field quite a lot. Glimmer peered into the room just as the bearers were brought in, they had decided against trying to free them in the narrow hall, afraid of hitting them, not that wasn't an issue, just before they stormed the room, Glimmer had an idea.

“Ace, Burst demorph, Applebloom Sweetie follow my lead, Princess follow us in once we have their attention.”

“We have the element of surprise, surely we should-”

“Because this needs to be awesome.”

Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and every Emerald facehoofed.

“You're doing this to show off to Rainbow aren't you?” Ask Sweetie Belle.

“No time, some of her guards are leaving, every ling dust them!”

~o0o~

“And then we made our entrance, the rest you all know.”

Celestia had a warm smile on her face hearing the tale, Wisp was trying hard not to facehoof, Copper and Cotton were holding in their snickers, only Cherry spoke up.

“So, was the entrance attempting to show off to Rainbow Dash?”

Glimmer scuffer the ground. “Maybe…”

That did it, Wisp double facehoofed as Cotton and Copper doubled over snickering, Glimmer pouted glaring as best she could at the amused pair.

“You're just like your mother,” Cherry grinned. “Why I remember this one time she-” Cherry was cut off when magic clamped her muzzle shut.

“You EVER reveal that, and I’ll tell everyone here what's in your treasure room.”

Cherry went wide eye, her face saying you wouldn’t.

“Try me.”

“See Copper, this is why you never tell someone your deepest secret, you have to keep them and take them to your grave, right Celestia.”

“Don’t drag me into this, remember I know where you all live.” Celestia said smugly.

Both Cotton and Copper muttered something about alicorns.

Before the conversation could get any further, an Emerald Changeling entered the room walking up to Wisp and Celestia.

“My queen, princess.”

“Ah Morter, how is Canterlot faring?”

“A lot better than we thought, most of the damage was superficial with the worst being a few changeling sized holes in the streets and some broken windows. Ponies are handling most of the repairs, we are helping as much as we can but most of us are just standing near impact sites with signs saying ‘Cheeze bug landed here’.”

Wisp raised an eyebrow. “Alright two questions, where did you get so many signs so quickly, and why do they say ‘cheeze bug’?”

“Pinkie.”

Wisp pinched her brow. “I am very concerned about that pony, but I guess it's one of those things that I shouldn’t think about too hard.”

Everyone present nodded, Pinkie’s antics were well known, as well as the fact she seemed to be an endless source of love and confusion, it was better not to question the pink mare most of the time.

Celestia decided it was time to get back on topic, and address the white griffin in the room.

“As much as we don’t want to, we need to discuss the repercussions of this ‘invasion’.”

Whisp nodded. “Chrysalis revealed changelings as a whole, while I can vouch for Ponyville not caring much for my hive walking around undisguised, I’m not sure how Equestria as a whole will respond.”

The others nodded in agreement.

“The cities closest to the rest of our hives.” Cherry said indicating herself and the other queens. “Should be more receptive than ones who haven't had any changeling contact, but even then there will be some backlash.”

“We need to convince ponies that with the exception of one have, we are not something to be feared.” Cotton pointed out. “If we can get that far then ponies might not fear us.”

Celestia nodded, she glanced over at her sister who was talking with a few Emeralds, and she got an idea.

“Come, let us discuss this over some tea, I believe I have an idea of how to handle this.”