• Published 16th Aug 2017
  • 1,350 Views, 22 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: The Fall of Wolf-Spider - Funnel Web



Thrilled by his experience with the Arch Goblin, Midnight Wolf returns home to live with his Girlfriend, Twilight Sparkle. Under the watchful eye of his teacher, Princess Celestia, Midnight starts to embrace his newfound identity as Wolf-Spider.

  • ...
8
 22
 1,350

Chapter 3 Mysterious Attack

After the after party, it was getting late and it was time for everypony to leave. While Midnight and Twilight were leaving the party, Midnight comes across a newspaper stand the paper catches Midnight’s eye. He reads the paper and it reads “Mystery Wonderbolt Hater?: Last night, the Wonderbolt academy got attacked and left condemned for investigation. There was graffiti all over the walls, the symbol of the entrance got demolished, and Spitfire's office got trashed. Security found footage of the pony who destroyed the building. But there seems to be no answers at this time. Who could have done this to harm the Wonderbolts reputation? Whoever did this must hate the Wonderbolts very much”.

“That’s weird. Who could do this?” Midnight asked himself, feeling a little bit curious about the attack. “Twilight, I’m sorry but I gotta go. I’ve got to go investigate this attack”.

“It’s okay. I understand. Just go get’em, tiger” Twilight replied with an understandable smile.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two hours later at the demolished Wonderbolts Academy, Wolf-Spider swings in and lands at the front entrance of the building. Looking around him, all he saw was the rubble the mysterious attacker left behind. He puts his left hoof up to his left ear where his earpiece and contacts Twilight.

Twilight, can you hear me?” Wolf-Spider asked Twilight over his earpiece.

“Loud and clear, Midnight. How’s it going, over there?”.

“The place looks completely trashed. I’m gonna take a looks inside”

“Alright. I’m activating your detective mode into your mask. You see anything?”.

“I’ve found a few hoofprints on the ground. This must be the attacker’s hoofprints..and it says...these hoofprints have been recent. Which means...the attacker is here somewhere”.

“Hang on. I’m getting weird signs of……..smoke? Whoever did this must have used a type of weapon to destroy the place.”

“Twi, can you scan the smoke signature and track it down?”

“On it…..got it! It’s…...in Spitfire’s office?’

On it!

Wolf-Spider starts flying throughout the entire building until he finally reached Spitfire’s office. He breaks down the door and starts investigating. He looks at the desk and spots the attacker’s hoof prince once again. The attacker appeared to be looking for something..but what is it that he/she is looking for? Suddenly, Wolf-Spider hears two voices coming from outside. He looks out the window and spots two ponies with a truck. He recognized both of them. It was Dr. Caballeron and his henchmen!
All
“Come on, men. We need to get this to the boss before somepony see’s us or sunrise” Dr Caballeron said to his men.

“I know, boss, but things would be much more faster if you helped out”.

“I’m your boss. Now hurry up and get these things in the van!”.

Wolf-Spider sneaks up behind the ponies and shouts “Hey, if you wanna buy things, there’s a ten percent off price at the store just around the corner” as he shoots a string of webbing onto the doctor’s hoof. But the doctor countered it by grabbing the webbing, yanking it towards himself which sends Wolf-Spider flying towards him, giving him the perfect time to hit him with some type of gauntlet he has and sends Wolf-Spider flying at a pillar, and the earth shook for a little bit, causing the rest of the pillar to collapse and that pillar is holding a bridge.

“Oh no!” Wolf-Spider said in a blind panic as he uses his webbing to fix the bridge before it collapsed.

Just enough time for the doctor and his henchmen to run off in their van. Wolf-Spider starts to chase after them. While he’s chasing them, he contacts Twilight to tell her to contact Spitfire. As of right now, Wolf-Spider is playing tug-of-war mixed with water skiing. Wolf-Spider tries his best to stop the van but it just keeps on leaving behind a mess wherever it goes.

“Come on! Allmooost theeeere” Wolf-Spider said to himself while reaching for the van. When he was just an inch away, his buzzing noise goes off. He looks behind and he says.. “Oh crud!”. A mysterious pegasus in a mechanical suit grabs Wolf-Spider by the right leg and takes his to the skies.

“HEY! Watch the suit!” Wolf-Spider shouted at the mysterious pegasus.

Wolf-Spider shoots a shot of webbing into the face of the attacker, causing him to let go of his foot. When he freed himself, Wolf-Spider managed to get a few shots to the attacker. Wolf-Spider jumps on the attacker’s back to see if he can shut down her mechanical wings but since the attacker is still blind from that web shot, she flies backwards into a building to crush Wolf-Spider. Soon enough, the attacker manages to get the webbing out of her face. So as soon as she spots Wolf-Spider heading her way, she uses one of her mechanical wings to slash Wolf-Spider’s chest.

“Uncool! Do you know how much these suits cost?” Wolf-Spider shouted.

“Stay out of my way, bug-boy. Or you’re not gonna live to see the next day! You’re dealing with the CONDOR, now!” attacker said, calling herself the Condor.

Wolf-Spider tries to shoot some webbing on the Condor’s mechanical wings, grabs them, and starts swinging her around like some type of swing. When Wolf-Spider lets go of the Condor, she goes flying out of control, hitting a building and damaged her wings a little bit. When the Condor looked at her damaged wings, she gets pretty ticked off. So..she swoops in as fast as a peregrine falcon and grabs Wolf-Spider with one of her wings.

“ENOUGH! We’re done here. I’ll give you this one chance. Don’t you ever, get in my way again!” Condor said as she threw Wolf-Spider up in the air and hits him with her wings like baseball bat, which sends Wolf-Spider flying very far….almost out of the park.

Wolf-Spider tries to use his webbing but when he tried, he was out of webbing already. Wolf-Spider spots a river and the thinks to himself “Oh boy. This is not gonna end well” as he lands in the water. Wolf-Spider swims up and swims out of the river to catch his breath. When he found a place to rest, he asked himself “Who was that? Who is this “Condor” character? Whoever she is, I have to stop her”. But before he could say anything else, a voice stops him.

“I wouldn’t count on that, kid”.

Wolf-Spider turned to the voice to see...Spitfire. Wolf-Spider tries to get up but just starts limping. Spitfire looks at the leg he’s limping on and she says “Your leg is in pretty bad shape, kid, My word of advice, go home and heal up”. Wolf-Spider denies it and keeps saying that he can handle it but deep down, he knows he can’t with that kind of leg.

“I know you’re trying to look out for me, Spitfire. But I’m perfectly fine. It’s just a limp. Whoever that was has dangerous and who knows what this “Condor” character will do to your reputation”.

“Listen….you’re in bad shape. Please, go home. For now on, leave this to us” Spitfire said as she flew away, leaving Wolf-Spider.

Wolf-Spider feels something different and asks himself…..”Did I just mess up?”


To Be Continued......

Author's Note:

Picture made by Alvaxerox