• Published 16th Aug 2017
  • 1,346 Views, 22 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: The Fall of Wolf-Spider - Funnel Web



Thrilled by his experience with the Arch Goblin, Midnight Wolf returns home to live with his Girlfriend, Twilight Sparkle. Under the watchful eye of his teacher, Princess Celestia, Midnight starts to embrace his newfound identity as Wolf-Spider.

  • ...
8
 22
 1,346

Chapter 2. ......Time We Change, Too!

Five months later…... It was a beautiful day in Ponyville, lives were in perfect harmony. That is...except for one pegasus named Midnight Wolf in his Wolf-Spider costume and is swinging across Ponyville. Since then, everypony has forgotten who Wolf-Spider is. He seems to be in a good mood, today.

“What do you got for me today, Ponyville?” Wolf-Spider asked himself.

As he looks around town to see if there is any trouble, he spots the CMC chasing a ball but the problem is that they’re heading in the streets to get it and there’s a taxi that’s about to run over them. So, he lets go of the web line he was holding and starts diving. When he got close enough, he shoots a web line to catch himself and swings in to catch the girls just in time and drop them off on the sidewalk again.

“Hi girls. No playing in the streets” Wolf-Spider said to the girls.

“Yes, Wolf-Spider” the CMC replied.

“See ya”.

Wolf-Spider starts swinging away and another day yet another life saved...three actually. Suddenly, his earpiece goes off and he looks to see that it’s Twilight. It took him a second why she was calling him but when he realizes it, he knew he messed up. He was supposed to be at the ceremony about Twilight becoming a princess.

“Hi, um...sorry I’m running a little bit late. I got...stuck in some traffic” Wolf-Spider lied.

“Midnight, you’re timing is terrible. The ceremony is about to start. Where are you?!” Twilight asked Wolf-Spider back in Canterlot.

“I’m on the train right now. I’ll be there in about…….ten minutes. Tops”.

“Wait a minute….are those swinging noises?”.

“...........No”

“Midnight?”

“Nope. No swinging noise. I don’t know what you’re talking about. See ya there, “princess”. Love ya”.

Wolf-Spider hangs up and Twilight gets annoyed. Back at Canterlot, Celestia walks up to the balcony of the Canterlot Castle, about to announce the ceremony. Twilight gets worried and hopes that Midnight will make it in time.

“We are gathered here today in celebration of a momentous occasion. My most faithful student, Twilight Sparkle has done many extraordinary things since she’s lived in Ponyville. She even helped me reunite me with my sister, Princess Luna. But today, Twilight Sparkle did something extraordinary. She created new magic, proving without a doubt that she is ready to be crowned Equestria’s newest princess! Fillies and Gentlecolts, may I present for the very first time, Princess Twilight Sparkle!”

Meanwhile outside the castle, Wolf-Spider manages to make it in time. He swinged to the nearest window, found a closet, and changed into his celebration suit...but when he got out of the closest, he forgot to take his mask off. Once he felt his mask on his face, he started panicking and went back into the closet, and back out, running to the ceremony, and makes it. There was sweat all over his face. Rainbow Dash questioned it but Midnight just shrugged it off. Twilight looks behind her to see Midnight beside her and she smiles in glee that he made it. So...Twilight walks up to the balcony, and says her speech.

“It’s easy to feel….hopeful on a beautiful day like today. But there will be dark days ahead of us, too. There will be days where you feel all alone….And that’s what hope is needed most. No matter how buried it gets, or how lost you feel, you must promise me...that you will hold on to hope. Keep it alive. We have to be greater than what we suffer. My wish for you...is to become hope. Ponies need that. And even if we fail, what better way is there to live? As we look around here today, and all of the ponies who helped make us who we are, I know it feels like we’re saying goodbye. But we will carry a piece of each other into everything that we do next. To remind us of who we are. And who we are meant to be. I’ve had the best three years with you. And I couldn’t thank the ponies who made me who I am today: Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and the love of my life, Midnight Wolf”.

All of her friends started shedding tears of joy. Especially Midnight. He couldn’t be anymore proud of her. Who would have thought that the hero of Equestria’s love life would be Equestria’s newest princess. Twilight becoming princess was the true meaning of Midnight’s mother’s words “With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility”. Guess things change in time. During the aftermath party, Rainbow Dash and Midnight were just chilling while Twilight was ‘killing it’ on the dance floor. While they were chilling, Midnight decided to go get a sip of punch. While he was getting some punch, a red pegasus was drinking some punch as well. When he saw Midnight, he said “You know, I guess one pony can make a difference. Nuff said” and he left the scene.

Midnight just asked himself “Was that who I think it was?.....Naaaaa”. Meanwhile at the other side of the party, Rainbow Dash was still chilling. Until she heard a familiar voice.

Hey Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash looked to the sound of the voice and and turned out to be…...Lightning Dust! Rainbow Dash is shocked. She hasn’t seen Lightning Dust since she left the Wonderbolt Academy five months ago.

“Lightning Dust?! Wha-What are you doing here?! Most importantly, what happened to you after you left?!” Rainbow Dash questioned Lightning Dust.

“Well...let’s just say I’d took some time off and had to think about something…..and you are right. A there is a real difference between pushing myself and just being reckless. I’m not proud of what I did and I won’t forgive myself for what I did. All I am saying is...I’m sorry. You deserve you be leader. So…..are we cool now?” Lightning Dust asked Rainbow Dash, offering her a bro-hoof.

Rainbow Dash had to think about it….she felt a little suspicious but...it has been five months so maybe Lighting Dust has changed. So…...she gave her a bro-hoof and says “Yeah. We’re cool. Good to have you back”.

To Be continued.......