• Published 16th Aug 2017
  • 1,353 Views, 22 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: The Fall of Wolf-Spider - Funnel Web



Thrilled by his experience with the Arch Goblin, Midnight Wolf returns home to live with his Girlfriend, Twilight Sparkle. Under the watchful eye of his teacher, Princess Celestia, Midnight starts to embrace his newfound identity as Wolf-Spider.

  • ...
8
 22
 1,353

Chapter 10 How The Deadly Wolf-Spider Died Part 2.

Midnight wakes up in an old familiar room. He wakes up, surprised that he’s still alive and not even a scratch. He looks around the room to realize that this...was his old room back when he used to live with his mother. He questions if he was still alive or not...until he hears a familiar voice.

“Looks like you’re awake” the mysterious voice said.

“W-where am I?....What happened?......Am I...dead?” Midnight asked the voice.

“Don’t worry. You’re safe here. Nothing here will hurt you...my son”.

“W-....what? Who are you?.....Mom?”

The voice shows herself to reveal...that it is his mother! Midnight’s eyes widened from the sight of his beautiful mother….he hugs her in relief….but then..he realizes...that he must be in heaven..

“My brave boy..you’ve always managed to get yourself into trouble, every once in awhile” his mother said.

“Mom...am I…?” Midnight tried to asked but had no words.

“Yes….and no. That pony really hurt you….in more ways than one. I’m guessing death was the easy part. Her words broke your heart. Didn’t they?”.

“So..I really am dead. It all happened. I fell...didn’t I? She had a knife and forced me into that ledge on that cliff. I SHOULD HAVE FOUND A WAY TO SAVE HER! I should have...saved her…”

“You doubt yourself, don’t you, Midnight”?


“Of course, I do!...I’ve failed her.. I would have done anything for her and I froze”!

“You couldn’t stop anypony from finding out what you really are. And when the pony you loved most found out,”

“Everything she said, it was true. All my life, I’ve been alone….and I had to be. I was in danger to everypony…..I’m….a monster”.

“You will never be able to open yourself up if you’re scared of what you are. Midnight, you need to accept who you are”.

“I was raised to be alone”

“It’s a shame. You aren’t the young colt I raised…”

“Huh”?

“The Midnight I remember, wouldn’t allow a minor setback like this one to determine, even when everything was lost”.

“A minor setback?! The mare I love is in danger to calling a minor setback”?!

“Exactly. She’s in danger. Being near death almost made you forget there are ponies who are in danger, Midnight. Ponies you care deeply about. Are you just going to give up and forget them”?

“I…”

‘Maybe you should. After all, the mare you loved caused this”.

“NO! She would never do this. It was never her fault. I love her. I will never give up on her. I’ll do anything to keep her safe”.

“You always have. Do you want to go back”?

“Of course, I do! Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie, Rarity, and Fluttershy. I may not have told them anything about me, but they care about me. They’re the closest thing to family that I have. I will not let Lightning Dust have them”!

“Heh….there’s the colt, I raised. Alright then. I’ll help you”.

“Huh”?

“If you are truly determined, I can help you escape death. But from there, the rest is up to you”.

“Wait….am I...really dead”?

“Are you truly determined to save her”? To save your friends”?

“Yes. I will never give up”.

“Then this is my debt repaid. Go. Fight for them”.

Midnight gets up and heads for the front door...ready to escape death and save his friends. But he stopped and looked at his mother one more time and asked “You never truly explained why you saved me”.

“Just doing what a mom does best. Protecting her son...but before you leave. I have one more thing to explain to you. If you let go all of your hate and never give up, you’ll find out your true meaning why you became a mutant….Now go”.

Midnight nods and exits the house. A bright light shines on him and everything turns white. When the white clears, Midnight wakes up lying at the bottom of the mountain where he fell with a giant piece of the mountain on top of him and with a knife in his chest.

“W-was that a dream? AH! I...I can’t move.” Midnight said, trying to regain his strength.

He finds the knife and starts pulling it out of his chest, while in pain. He manages to pull it out and says “I..need to get up..It hurts!...but..I can’t die here”. The scene changes and another flashback happens. Young Midnight and his father were arguing once more.

“I was informed that it was you with those ponies yet again, Midnight! Do you realize how close a call that was?! The fact that somepony almost made eye contact with your eyes like that! You need to learn to control them! And that means controlling your emotions”! Midnight’s father shouted.

“You’ve been telling this my entire life”! Midnight shouted back.

“I won’t stop until you realize what you could do to someone”!

“I’m not biting anypony! I never plan to”!

“It’s not just a bite that can erase cutie marks, and you know this! Stop playing dumb! Those eyes, Midnight. You have no control over them and at this rate, you’ll never will”!

“Just go away”!

“Those ponies. They’ve probably forgotten about you. Do yourself a favor and forget about them”.

Midnight puts on a headband to cover his eyes and the flashback ends. Midnight still lays there and with tears in his eyes and says “I..don’t want to be alone”. Midnight tries to move the rock from his bottom but couldn’t. He gives trying to move it...but..looks at where his mask is and looks at it. He hears the voice of Celestia that once told him “If you’re nothing without the suit...then you shouldn’t have it”. He nods his head and starts using all of his strength to move the rock off of his body.

“I WON’T GIVE UP”! Midnight shouted as he moved the rock completely and got back up.

His eye changes purple and menacing again and he says “I am going to get you back, Twilight. Even if it’s the last thing I do”. Midnight uses his webbing to cover up the stab wound and rips off his mask to turn it into a blindfold to cover up his eyes. Midnight starts running into the forest….to go to Zecora’s Hut!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile back in Zecora’s Hut, Zecora was cleaning up her place because of the horrible mess those intruders made while stealing her potions. While she was cleaning, Midnight bursts through the door, scaring Zecora in the process and gets her worried. Zecora was about to ask what happened to Midnight but Midnight stops her.

“I’m alive. No time to explain...I need a few potions….I need to save my friends. You think you could help me”? Midnight asked Zecora.

Zecora nods her head and gets started on making the potions that Midnight asked for...it’s time for Midnight to end this nightmare once and for all!

Author's Note:

Inspired by Aphmau but made a few changes