• Published 16th Aug 2017
  • 1,348 Views, 22 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: The Fall of Wolf-Spider - Funnel Web



Thrilled by his experience with the Arch Goblin, Midnight Wolf returns home to live with his Girlfriend, Twilight Sparkle. Under the watchful eye of his teacher, Princess Celestia, Midnight starts to embrace his newfound identity as Wolf-Spider.

  • ...
8
 22
 1,348

Chapter 1. Equestria's Changing, Everypony....


“Rainbow Dash! The fastest pony in Equestria. If only she knew how Soarin felt about her. But she’ll soon will….if she pasts the Wonderbolts Academy, that is. But this is not about her. This is about me…..kind of. Not to brag. I made a choice once to live a life of responsibility. A life Rainbow Dash could have. Who am I? I’m Wolf-Spider given a job to do. And I’m Midnight Wolf..and I too have a job…..to take care of my friends at least”.

Yeah….we’ll get to that later. But meanwhile in Cloudsdale, Rainbow Dash got into the Wonderbolts Academy. She got partnered up with another Pegasus named Lightning Dust. Both of them were fast than you could even say “wow”. But when Lightning Dust got the role as “Lead Pony” and Rainbow Dash got the role as “Wing Pony”, Rainbow Dash felt kinda disappointed. But that didn’t hurt her confidence. In fact, that boosted her confidence up. So..in one of the courses, the teams had to destroy a few clouds and the team with the most clouds destroyed wins. Every single team was doing fine but Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust were doing way better than any of them. So Lightning Dust came up with an idea.

“I have an idea about how we can literally ‘blow away’ our competition” Lightning Dust said.

“But...we’re already ahead” RD complained.

“Look. Are you in or not?” Lightning Dust said in a annoying tone.

Rainbow Dash heard a previous voice of Spitfire in her head that said “Lightning Dust likes to push herself harder than you do. That’s why I made HER lead-pony”. That made Rainbow Dash feel like she can do better than Lightning Dust. So...she says she’s in.

“Then follow my lead” Lightning Dust said as they both started to…..create a giant tornado!

The tornado literally cleared every cloud in it’s path. There was no stopping it’s tracks. But…..there was only one problem. Lightning Dust was starting to lose control. When she couldn’t control the tornado anymore, she flies out of it and so does Rainbow Dash. The tornado was destroying everything. Just then….a hot air balloon pops out from the clouds. It was the Mane Six and Midnight. The tornado was heading right toward them.

“It’s a twister!” Applejack shouted.

Right then and there, the tornado sucks the hot air balloon in it, with Midnight and the Mane Six inside. When Rainbow Dash got up, she saw her friends inside the tornado. Some of the ropes got snapped and the hot air balloon sends everypony flying.

“NOOOOOOOO!”

Rainbow Dash tries her best to fly as fast as she can to save her friends. While they were falling, Midnight tried to shoot some organic webbing to save them but no webbing came out.

“Really?! Now?! This is a really bad time to run out of webbing! I should have drank that cup of water Twilight left out on the table for me when I had the chance!” Midnight screamed. Both Fluttershy and Midnight couldn’t use their wings to break their fall because they were falling too fast for the wings to stop it. So with all of her might and speed, Rainbow Dash managed to merge four clouds into one giant cloud and spinned around it so fast that it does break their fall and it sends them flying...again. The rest of the Wonderbolt rookies manage to catch Midnight and the Mane Six and drop them off to safety.

“Are you guys okay?” Rainbow Dash said in a worried voice.

Everypony started to have a group hug and when Rainbow Dash saw Pinkie Pie, Pinkie shed a few tears and tackles Rainbow Dash.

“You...remember me!” Pinkie Pie said in a happy voice.

“Uh...yeah. Of course I remember you. But….what are you all doing here?” Rainbow Dash
questions her friends.

“We done wanted ta fetch ya a care packayge. Didn't realize ya'd be in thuh middle awf some loco tornado drill” Applejack answered.

Then out of the blue, Lightning Dust shows up and shouts “That. Was. AWESOME!”.

Rainbow gets furious and says “Awesome? My friends could have been smashed to pieces!”.

“Yeah. But they weren’t, right? Can’t say the same for the clouds. We totally wiped them out with that tornado. The other cadets will up there for days to bust as many we did” Lightning Dust shrugged off and offered Rainbow Dash a hoof-bump.

But Rainbow Dash ain’t having none of that and says “A hoof-bump? Seriously? You’ve made me clip my wing. You’ve sent half of our class into serious tailspins on the obstacle course. You’ve unleashed a tornado that nearly demolished my friends!”.

“Yeah? And?”

“AND I get that you want to be the best. So do I. But you’re going about it in the wrong way!”

“The Wonderbolts don’t seem to think so. After all, Spitfire made ME the leader and YOU the Wing-Pony”.

“..........You’re right. She did”.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few hours have past and Rainbow Dash complained to Spitfire herself about Lightning Dust’s reckless actions. When she said if she’d thought that was how they earn respect, then she didn’t needed to be a wonderbolt anymore. So….she quit. So after some thought, Spitfire realized it finds Lightning Dust and tells her she she’s out.

“What?!” Lightning Dust asked.

“You heard me! You’re done! You’re actions caught a few ponies in the crossfire!”

“How was I supposed to know they were gonna be there?!”

“You should have thought about that when you created that tornado in the first place”.

“But Rainbow Dash helped me too!”

“But at least she knew that it was a bad idea from the start. So, I expect you show up at the entrance right now”.

“But...you can’t do this to me! I….I’m one of your best flyers in this Academy…..YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I’VE SACRIFICED?!.........Spitfire. Please”

“Lightning Dust. You can’t just do what you want without consequences. I’m sorry but….you’re out Lightning Dust”.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Rainbow Dash! How dare you storm out of my office without giving me a chance to respond. The Wonderbolts are looking for the best flyers in Equestria. But you were right. Being the best should never come at the expense of our fellow ponies. It’s not just about pushing ourselves. It’s about pushing ourselves in the right direction. You’ve shown that you’re capable of doing just that” Spitfire said to Rainbow Dash.

Lightning Dust shows up behind Spitfire in shame. Spitfire walks up to Lightning Dust and rips her Lead-Pony badge off her suit and Lightning Dust walks away...but to look back at Rainbow Dash to see that she’s the lead-pony now instead of her. Lightning Dust gives her the glare as she walks away.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lightning Dust is at her secret home away from home watching the tv and started watching the news.

“Yet another day, yet another save as the Deadly Wolf-Spider saves four tourists in a out of control kart from falling off a cliff. One of the tourists had to say this after it happened”.

“I thought me and the others were about to meet our doom when all of a sudden, he just swoops in out of nowhere and saved us all. I can’t thank him enough for saving our lives”.

“And in other news, the Wonderbolts were glad to show us all the newest member of their team, Rainbow Dash-”

When the news pony said that, Lightning Dust gets furious and throws the tv remote at the tv screen. She felt replaced. Meanwhile on her couch, Dr.Caballeron was just chilling there and he says “So now I’ve heard that they’re calling her Rainbow Crash”.

“Yeah, it’s all rigged” one of the doctor’s henchmen said.

“Hey boss. We found some old technology junk that we’ve found buried in the back. Think we should throw it away?”.

“Do what you want with it. I’m not gonna use it” the Doctor replied to his henchmen.

“Too bad, we could have made some pretty cool stuff from all of that Wonderbolt junk”.

Lightning Dust looked at the junk and..got a wonderful idea. Lightning Dust just got a wonderful...awful idea and smiles.

“No wait. I’ll tell you what. Let’s keep it…...Equestria’s changing everypony……..It’s time we changed too”.

Lightning Dust walks up to the junk and starts to forge an evil smile on her face……

“You know what they say. Revenge...is a dish. Best. Served. COLD!”.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
To Be Continued......