• Published 29th Nov 2020
  • 292 Views, 0 Comments

Daughter of Rara - Creativa-Artly01



Just like her mother, Rara's daughter Shining Star is a singer. Rara just hopes her daughter doesn't go down the same wrong path that she did.

  • ...
 0
 292

Chapter 2

A few weeks later, Shining Star comes into the studio for another time and records another album as well as her first single. A week after recording the single titled “Starlight” is released and a year later, the album titled the same is released. Rara is thrilled. She’s so proud of her daughter. “Sing it for me darling,” says Rara with a smile. “That song is so pretty. Your voice is soft like that of an angel’s.”

“But I’ve already sang it three times for you and dad, mommy,” responds Shining Star.

“Please,” responds Rara.

“Okay, what harm is there in one more time?” Sighs Shining Star. She begins to sing. “Starlight, star-bright, first Star I see tonight, I see you fall then rise back up. Starlight, you light up the world. Your courage it shows. You make everyone believe in you and the Magic you hold. Starlight, star-bright, first Star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight. Wishing upon stars, I used to think it foolish, now I think there’s something to it. All my dreams when I wish, they tend to come true. Little Star, there’s more to you and I know it. See the starlight. See it glow. It holds each wish, now you know. It holds each wish, it’s true, I believe. It holds each wish, I told you so. What more do you need to know? Starlight, Star-bright, you shine the brightest light. You give a hope to all in need. Here I am, starlight, and I believe. Here I am, starlight, and I believe.”

“Beautiful,” says Rara her eyes watering. “So beautiful.”

“Thanks mom,” says Shining Star blushing. “I get to perform it at the Cider Barrel Bar in town in a few weeks. I’m so excited. Do you think you and dad can make it?”

“Yes, we wouldn’t miss it for the world,” respond Shining Star’s parents. “We’re so proud of you, our darling girl.” They go over and give her a great big hug. The family then heads out into town for dinner. As they walk, they see shooting stars overhead. As Rara sees them, she lets out a sigh as she thinks of AJ.

“What’s wrong, momma?” Asks Shining Star.

“Yeah, what’s wrong, honey dearest?” Inquires Spotlight.

“The stars just remind of AJ and her parents, I was out of town when they died,” sighs Rara. “She says each time a set of shooting stars fly by it’s the spirits of her parents.”

“Well, they’re looking out for you as much as they are her,” responds Spotlight. “Now let’s go enjoy dinner.” Rara nods and they continue on their way to a small little diner called the Wagon Wheel Shack. There, they enjoy dinner and milkshakes. As they are sitting there enjoying their meal, the family is approached by two little fillies.

“Hello, are you Shining Star?” Ask the fillies.

“Yes.”

“We just wanted to say we love your music! Your new single is amazing!” Respond the fillies.

“Well, thank you,” blushes Shining Star. She happily takes a picture with and signs autographs for the pair of fillies. The two trot off and Shining Star gets back to eating dinner with her family.

“Is that what you used to get a lot of, momma?” Asks Shining Star.

“Oh yes, and I still do from time to time,” responds Rara with a giggle, “but don’t worry you get used to it, way too used to it to the point it becomes normal.” She sips on her chocolate shake. Shining Star stops asking questions and does the same. After another hour, the family returns home and they head off to bed. It’s going to be a long day tomorrow and over these upcoming weeks. That’s for sure.