• Published 17th Aug 2017
  • 697 Views, 21 Comments

The Sun is A Star - Night Doughnut



Luna tries to convince Celestia that the sun, is also a star.

  • ...
3
 21
 697

Chapter 2

Many years into the future, after Luna came back from the moon after Twilight became a princess, Luna wanted to try to convince Celestia, that the Sun was a star.

Luna walked into the dining hall, to find Celestia eating pancakes.She cleared her throat to let her sister know she was there.

"Luna surprised to see you awake."

"Er- Yes Tia. Do you mind if I bother you for a few minutes?"

"Certainly not. Here, sit down."

"Tia, it is about the sun."

"I hope it is not bothering your sleep, it is quite bright today."

"No, No, it is not that."

"Well, what is it, dear sister?"

"Remember when I stole one of your books?"

"Quite well, But being only Fillies, I can imagine it meant nothing."

"Remember what we were arguing about when our Mum found out about it?'

"Oh, no, Luna. Not this again."

"But The Sun is a Star!"

"Have some Tea, and sit down already!" Celestia was getting angry.

Luna sat down and poured herself a mug of tea. "Just hear me out on this, Tia. Please."

"I will not agree with you. I know that because you are younger, you believe that you should get everything-"

"Oh, no, Tia, I was quite aware from a young age that you got everything, and were everyone's favorite." Luna interrupted.

"I have already sent you to the moon. Would you like to go there again?" Celestia sipped her tea.

"Eww- No way. I heard humans visit there sometimes."

"Are you suggesting you don't like your moon?" Celestia asked.

"No- of course not. You're getting me sidetracked." Luna realized. "Like I was saying, I believe that I should have control over the sun too. It is a star." Luna said.

"Prove it" Celestia said. "Prove it right here right now"

Luna bust out in giggles, and soon, Celestia was laughing too."

"I suppose history does repeat itself." Luna laughed.

"Yes, I suppose it does." Celestia laughed,

Author's Note:

Hey! Thanks for reading! This was just a silly idea I had, and I wanted to make a short story out of it. Let me know what you think!
Later,
Night Doughnut

Comments ( 16 )
DumbDog
Moderator

I absolutely love the concept. Made me smile in queue. Good job.

The true reason Luna became Nightmare Moon

Great story! It now sits in my favorites folder

8370818
Thank you! You just made my day!

Nice story. Can't wait for more of you stories in the future.

8371753
Thank you! There will be more, i am working on a longer story right now

I surpise twilight is not there say "well sun is a star and I am the princess of stars now" and side with luna....

8372453
But Twilight is the princess of friendship....

8372769
but she has a star or group of them on her butt, luna was just in charge till twilight is ready and luna just in charge of dreams and moon
also many fan think twilight is princess of stars cause of her butt lol,

A little nice random read, I wouldn't mind if it was a little longer :raritywink: The idea is a really great one. I like that even thousand years later, they are still bickering like little foals :trollestia:

However, I'll be honest with you, there are lots of errors in capitalization and direct speech (Completely normal given this is your first story - to be honest I haven't yet met a writer that would have all of those correct for the first time :ajsmug:) and also some typos (Hoofs instead of hooves, for example.) We can discuss those issues if you wish. Other than that, have an upvote! :pinkiehappy:

8404810
Thank you! I have noticed a few spelling and grammar mistakes as I look back on it. Upcoming stories will definitely be more edited. (I might get a proofreader).

8404829
You're welcome. If you ever need help, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Fuller review here, but in brief: a brilliant concept, and potentially a very cute fic. In desperate need of editing, though.

A real shame this looks like it will be your only story, because an author with ideas like that would be worth watching.

Login or register to comment