• Published 14th Aug 2017
  • 2,589 Views, 72 Comments

Taking Potshots: Crackshipping Rainbow Dash and Adagio Dazzle - bahatumay



Rainbow Dash sees Adagio Dazzle and knows she's up to something. Things spiral out of control.

  • ...
5
 72
 2,589

Chapter 9

Rainbow Dash was well-known for being athletic. If it involved adrenaline or action, and if it could ever involve crowds cheering her name, she was there.

Thus it was a bit humbling to have her standing on one side of a table tennis table, surrounded by everyone else bored or desperate enough for this. Still, it was a sport, even if only technically. And even if she did have the modern equivalent of a peg-leg, she was still able to hold her own pretty well.

She reached out and batted the ball back, landing it perfectly within the lines but on the edge enough to bounce far out of reach of her opponent’s paddle.

“Game!” she crowed. She glanced around. “Who’s next?”

“Me.”

Rainbow started. She knew that voice. “Adagio?”

Adagio, for it was indeed she, stepped in front of the table across from her. She wore dark sweatpants and a gray hoodie that somehow managed to contain all of her hair; but there was no mistaking her confident hips cocked to one side stance or little smirk. She flipped the paddle twice in her hand. “The one and only.”

The crowd murmured, many taking little steps back.

Rainbow stood firmly (and not just because her crutches were on the ground next to her) and put her hands on her hips. “Really? They let you back on campus?”

Adagio smirked. “What dear Principal Celestia doesn’t know won’t hurt her. Serve.”

Rainbow did so. Adagio returned it easily. They volleyed for a while, bouncing the ball gently back and forth. The crowd seemed to take a relaxing breath.

And then Rainbow Dash smashed it across the table, intending to hit it hard enough to bounce it off the table and into the bystanders. She smirked as she did.

But Adagio returned it. She hit it right back, and added on such a wicked spin that while it did bounce off the table and hit a bystander, it was one of the ones standing next to Rainbow Dash instead.

Rainbow blinked, her mouth falling open in surprise.

Adagio smirked. She reached over to the side of the table and picked up another ball, and tossed it nonchalantly into the air.

Rainbow tightened her grip on the paddle and adjusted her weight. This was her house. Hers! No siren was going to come back to this school and make a fool of her again! Once was more than enough.

Adagio served the ball lazily over, and Rainbow gently sent it back. They batted it back and forth for a little while longer. Every once in a while, one would hit the ball harder, but it was always returned. It seemed to mostly be the two sizing each other up.

The bell rang. People slowly started dispersing.

All but two of them, that is.

A minute or so after the bell, Adagio raised an eyebrow even as she returned. “You’ll be late for class.”

“Tough,” Rainbow said, batting the ball back.

But Adagio had other ideas. She flipped the paddle around so she was holding it with her little fingers, and caught the ball between her first finger and thumb.

“Hey!” Rainbow protested.

Adagio held it up. “Rainbow, Rainbow,” she said in a faux-motherly tone. “You have to go to class so you’ll learn and be smart.” She paused, and then, with a devious grin, tucked the ball down her hoodie, low enough to be inside her undergarments. She then lowered her hands, subtly pushing out her breasts. “Or, you can come get it if you really want to keep playing.”

Rainbow Dash was proud, yes; but she was not about to grope her enemy to satiate that pride. She held out and then dropped the paddle irritably, as if it were a distasteful mic drop. Adagio smirked as Rainbow Dash reached down and picked up her crutches, and hobbled towards the door.

And when she looked back, Adagio was gone.


It was about a week after the interrupted game, and Rainbow Dash was only vaguely paying attention.

She would be the first to admit that she was no saint in school. That being said, her ‘bad’ activities were mostly limited to slacking off in class, leaving her smoothie cups on the floor of her locker, turning in her homework at the latest possible second, and showing up a little too early to practice. She didn't get why she kept getting into trouble for that last one, though. If Principal Celestia really didn't want her playing in the gym before school, she would have had someone fix the locks by now.

So when an announcement came through asking Rainbow Dash to please report to the front office, she at first thought she'd misheard.

Ignoring the “ooooh, someone’s in trouuubllle”s from some of the more immature members of her class, she gathered her crutch (she was down to just using one, now) and headed out.

As she limped her way down the hallway, she caught sight of Fluttershy making her way back from the bathroom. She waved. “Hi, Rainbow!”

“Sup?” Rainbow said, still hobbling down the hallway.

Fluttershy watched as Rainbow passed the bathroom. “Where are you going?” she asked, confused.

“Office,” Rainbow said. “Got called.”

“Oh,” Fluttershy said. “Are you in trouble?”

“Probably,” Rainbow said flippantly.

Fluttershy paused, and then followed Rainbow for moral support. Rainbow wouldn't say so out loud, but she did appreciate the gesture.

That, and Fluttershy was the only person she'd ever let walk with her at a time like this.

Once in the office, though, it was clear that she was not in any trouble whatsoever. Instead, there was a bag sitting on the counter, a white paper bag bearing the label ‘The Sub Station’ and ‘for the awesomest’ written in curly writing.

Rainbow scowled. “That's mine,” she grumbled, pulling it off the counter.

“Oh. Did you forget your lunch, or…?”

“Nope. It's from Adagio.”

Fluttershy frowned. “Why would she…?”

“Ha! She's trying to seduce me!” Rainbow said, triumphant in her realization. She laughed darkly. “But it isn't going to work! Oh, no. Not working on the Dash.”

“Um…”

“I'll tell you what I'm going to do,” Rainbow said, taking her bag and hobbling over to sit down on a nearby bench. “I'm going to eat all of this sandwich, and I'm not going to think of her. At all.”

Fluttershy nodded hesitantly.

“Ugh! She gave me a foot long! She did that on purpose.”

Fluttershy could not see how this was a bad thing. “Um…”

“Oh, it's an extra meaty one, just like she gave me at the store the other day. Really thick! Foot long, double stuffed sandwich. Barely fits in my mouth. Guess that's why she wrapped it up so tight. I'm not thinking of her, but I'm going to enjoy the whole thing anyway.” She took a big bite, then looked up at Fluttershy, and cocked her head. “You ok?” Rainbow asked, wiping a bit of mayonnaise off her lips. “What's up with you?”

“Nothing,” Fluttershy said quickly, her cheeks only the tiniest bit pink.