• Published 13th Aug 2017
  • 921 Views, 35 Comments

Friendship is Failure #8: Teen Titans HSM V: Ways of Life - DakariKingMykan



Human Twilight Sparkle dreams of many students comings to Canterlot High, but they all have different views of life.

  • ...
98
 35
 921

Act 9: Tough Wolf Attack!

ACT NINE

Inside the house, the girls were looked around all over the place, as a recording of one of Garfield’s acts was heard along with the music…

“Tonight on Mysterious Theater… “Farewell My Fare Friend.” As our story begins, a young man returns to his home town after months of duty overseas, only to find everything has changed… including his sweetheart, who seems to hold no memory of their relationship.

Will our young man be able to re-spark her memory, or say goodbye to the love of his life… forever?

Let’s find out!”


“Will you turn that thing off down there?!” Rainbow called from upstairs, “It’s giving me the creeps up here.”


Sunset turned off the phonograph, which made the house go really silent, and chills ran down everyone’s spine’s including Rainbow’s as she and some of the girls searched the upper-floors.

The sudden sounds of rafters creaking, shutters slamming, winds howling and thunder crashing didn’t make it any better.

Fluttershy just sat in a corner with her hands over her eyes wishing to wake-up and find herself back home again, only to find she was still in the dark.

Sunset offered her hand to Fluttershy to help her up and keep close, “It’s alright…” she kept saying “We’ll be okay.”


As the girls continued to take their pictures and record videos, they were so astonished by all the antique furniture and things, as well as the lack of modern day power and facilities as Spike promised them.

“Don’t any other people live here?” Twilight asked.

Spike shook his head, “Nope, only Garfield.”

“That is just… sad.” cried Pinkie “I don’t think I could ever bear to live all by myself, away from my friends, and with no one to talk to…!” she felt just about ready to break down blubbering.

This reminded them all of what they had heard the other week; that Garfield was an orphan, and obviously a much more unfortunate one than any of his fellow Murakami students.

“How in the hoot’n nanny could a kid like him wind up in a place like this?” wondered Applejack.

As she stood up, she turned to walk off she bumped into one of the bookshelves, and no one noticed a small book fall off the shelf, and into Twilight’s knapsack that was at the foot of the shelf.

“You okay?” asked Twilight.

Applejack rubbed her nose groaning, “No pain… no gain.”



As Rarity admired the drapes along the windows, though they were dusty and full of cobwebs which really grossed her out, she looked outside where she and the others had parked their motorbikes, when she looked on ahead and could distinctly see Dick’s motorcycle and Vic’s car far off from the bikes.

She quickly ran off to tell the others, and they all dashed outside to inspect the vehicles. “I can’t believe they followed us here.” Rarity grumbled “Spying on someone. Is nothing sacred?!”

The others didn’t bother to point out the obvious hypocrisy in her complaining. “But where are they?” asked Fluttershy “They never came in the house.”

Spike noticed the trail of footprints from the vehicles which lead all the way past the lake and over to, “…The forest!” he cried “There are wolves in there!”

Suddenly, someone screamed!

“That’s Kori!” cried Rarity, and no sooner did Kori and the other Murakamis come rushing out from the forest. “Run!!” shouted Kato. “He’s not kidding!” added Raven!

“WOLVES!!” cried Terra.

“WOLVES?!” shouted the girls, and right at the entrance emerged a pack of snarling wolves ready for a fight!

Unable to run for their vehicles in time, the students all scattered about to make it less easy for the wolves to follow them all, but those blood-thirsty gave chase anway, especially to those who were most afraid…

…Like Fluttershy!

“HELP!! HELP ME!!” she screamed as she ran across the field and dashed up a dead tree.

“Hang on, Fluttershy!” Dick called as he dashed to help her, grabbing a broken axe-handle leaving against the wall of the shed and batted the wolf hard, forcing it to run away, but there were still more wolves.

“They can smell our fear!” shouted Twilight“And they must be starving! They won’t leave until we’re dead.”

“Oh, well that’s just swell!!” snarled Rainbow.

The goths climbed the massive woodpile and jumped onto the roof of the small shed, kicking the wolves that tried to follow them down. “I take it back!” cried Raven “This IS creepy! …Too creepy…!”

“Sadly, I’m afraid I agree with you!” said Kato.

Vic Applejack and Pinkie Pie began to throw rocks at the wolves, hoping to scare them off, but all it did was make them angrier, and they howled loudly for more wolves to come out and join them!

“They’re all over the place!” shouted Pinkie!


More chases ensured, and suddenly, both Rarity and Kori found themselves ganged up by three wolves. “Rarity!” shouted Sunset “Kori!” cried Dick, as they watched the girls back away in fear, “Look out!” Dick shouted, but the girls already took a step too far and fell backwards into the dirty lake water, and this lake, unlike most others, was deep all around.

The girls swam all they could to stay afloat and tried to get out, but more wolves surrounded every brink. “We’re coming!” shouted Sunset as she and the others dashed over.

Applejack, Dick and Vic the rocks and sticks at the wolves to get them to chase them. “We’ll make them chase us, you help the girls!” shouted Vic.

“Here!” Applejack shouted, throwing Dick her rope as she and Vic ran off letting the wolves chase them.


“Hang on girls!” Dick shouted as he threw them the rope. The girls grabbed the rope and he pulled them ashore safely. He helped Rarity out first, “Thank you so much!” she cried, and then the both helped pull Kori up. She slipped at the last step and fell forward as Dick caught her in his arms.

“Kori… Are you okay?” he asked.

Panting stressfully, Kori lifted her head and looked straight up at him, and they got lost in each other’s eyes, much deeper than ever before, and they smiled at one another. Their faces moved closer towards one another…

…but the moment was interrupted when another wolf jumped down, snarling at them!


Everyone was really starting to lose their strengths and speeds to duck the pack much longer. “We can’t back them off! There’s too many of them!” cried Terra.

Everyone was suddenly trapped in the tops of trees, on the shed roof; a few were even hiding behind the doors of the house and barricading them so the wolves couldn’t get in.

The wolves were growing angrier waiting for their meal, and began to head-butt the trees and the shed, and Terra fell out!

“Terra...!!” Applejack shouted.

Terra looked up as three wolves glared at her and snarled at her.


“Terra!” Sunset cried, and she gazed down at her hand, and felt she had no choice.

“What are you doing?” asked Twilight.

“I have to!” replied Sunset, and she clasped her hands together hard and began to summoning up the magic, right in front of everyone.

“What the--!” cried Dick.

“Sunset?” said Kori.

Terra, however, didn’t notice as she was still staring the wolves down, and she screamed as they looked ready to pounce…

…When, suddenly, they were hit by stones from behind.


Everyone looked, and Sunset stopped glowing before she actually got to do anything at all!

There, stood Garfield!

The wolves took one look at him and snarled, deciding to deal with him first for all the trouble he gave them in the past!

Garfield, undeterred as always, threw down his cape and grabbed a thick solid branch off the ground to use as a spear, and he leapt in at the pack of wolves and began to strike them all hard with his spear, batting them all down. He had been doing this for years, and those mongrels didn’t have a chance!

Finally, after several wolves were downed and he got a clean opening, Garfield grabbed his dog-whistle and gave it such a huge blow!

To the wolves, the noise was just unbearable! Even Spike covered his ears and howled manically, while the wolves all ran for the forest, away from the dreaded sound, and they were gone!


The others all felt is safe to come out of hiding and Garfield dropped his spear and put his cape back on.

They would have thanked him for saving them, but he angrily turned and scorned them all, “What are you all doing here at my home?!”

“His home?” asked Raven?

“Garfield… lives… here?” added Kato.

The Murakamis were nothing short of horrified.

“How did you all find this place?” Garfield demanded “I’m the only one who knows of this place.”

Pinkie Pie spoke up, “Oh, we came here because Spike--” but she was quickly silenced by Rainbow and Applejack covering her mouth and blocking her out of view.

Terra approached Garfield, feeling a bit shaken, “Garfield, you live here?” she asked. “Duh… that’s what I just said!” he snapped at her, “But that still doesn’t answer why all of you are here!”

“Trying to find out why you’re here, that’s what!” said Sunset “Come to think of it, how are you even here. Shouldn’t you be in the hospital?”

Garfield scoffed, “You honestly think a little sedative can keep me down? I’ve been through worse to make it this far… a whole lot worse.”

“What, you think we don’t know how to survive?” snarled Rainbow “We’ve been through some pretty tough situations ourselves you know!”


Garfield could only chuckle, “And just what so-called dangerous do you face?”

Much as the girls wanted to explain of their adventures, they couldn’t, and even Pinkie didn’t try to spill the beans this time, and when nobody said a thing, “That’s what I thought…” said Garfield “You have the gall to call me out on the way I choose to live my life, but then you decide intrude on my homeland and nearly get mauled by a pack of hungry wolves, and the fact you weren’t able to fend yourselves is just another perfect example of how smart, strong, and right you aren’t!”


Finally having enough his attitude, Dick stepped forth, “Look, Garfield, this isn’t about us anymore, it’s about you! I may not know the while truth behind all this yet, but I do know you can’t keep living like this!”

All the others agreed and voiced their opinions of the place being too dangerous, Garfield working too hard, and his attitude of pushing people away who tried to help him. “Garfield, please… let us help you!” cried Terra “You can’t keep this up, you could die!”

“Terra’s right!” snapped Twilight “Look at you; you’re ragged to exhaustion, malnourished, your skin is pale from lack of sunlight-- This isn’t healthy for you! You need help!”

Garfield grew madder than ever, “And just what gives you all the right to be concerned about my well-being?” he thundered at them, “Oh, let me guess… it’s all part of that Friendship and Magic junk you believe in!

I am surrounded by such fantasizing nitwits!”

Everyone took great offense to that.

“When are you people going to wake up and realize life isn’t a bargain nor some magical friendship ride?! Everything comes with a price, be it progress, or even basic survival, and even then it still comes with consequences… unless you’re prepared to stand up to it like I do!”

And before anyone could protest, he went into a song to emphasis his ravings! “Stand tough!”

By the time he was finished, he glared everyone deeply insisting, “You just worry about yourselves and do whatever you think is right. Me… I’ll get by life anyway I choose, and my way doesn’t involve having any friends or pathetic magical fairy tales to hold me back!”

Rather than protest anything, Dick suggested, “Come on, everyone… let’s get out of here.”

Everyone reluctantly agreed and made their way to their vehicles.

“Oh, and one other thing…” Garfield called “You can tell Principal Celestia I will not be in school tomorrow, or again. I no longer trust her!”

Then he walked up to the house and went inside, closing the doors behind him.

Everyone felt he had really gone too far this time, but seeing no point in arguing as it didn’t help, they all agreed to just leave.

Terra took one last moment to look at the house and feeling an inner-sense of being crushed of being unable to reach out and reason with Garfield.

“Come on, Terra, let’s just go.” Vic said “It’s getting really late anyway.”

Soon they were all on their way, off into the darkness. Garfield watched them all until they were totally out sight to make sure they weren’t trying to trick him. Feeling content of having gotten rid of them and told them off…

The music played from the phonograph, and he turned to address the paintings, treating it just like his acts.

(Vid works)

“And so ends another episode of “Mysterious Theater” this is Garfield Logan saying… Good Evening.”

With a soft crashing of thunder, he eerily walked out of the study, while the music still played, and walked up the dark stairs, and out of sight.