• Published 15th Aug 2017
  • 982 Views, 4 Comments

The Mare With a Dragon Tattoo - RDDash



On the day of her entrance exam Twilight Sparkle is about to get the unexpected. Dragon's Tattoo a very rare magical ability with the loyal familiar as a compliment.

  • ...
4
 4
 982

Chapter 3


June 19, 5:14 pm.

Town Hall, Mayor Mare's Office.


"You must be Ms. Sparkle, just the pony we were waiting for," Mayor Mare said while she was studying the paperwork that was in front of her. "And those two are?"

"Yes, that would be me. This is my familiar Spike the dragon, and this is my friend Moondancer."

"It would seem to be that the reason because the inspection was scheduled to be so late, is that the Royal Department of Treasury went in extra effort in order to purchase the property in this city in your name. Normally the Inspector would be called a week in advance, but because of that the bureaucratic process slows down the whole process."

This was out of the blue, Twilight Sparkle couldn't remember anything like that being ordered to be done, nor she nor anypony in the Sparkle House was responsible for it. That means it has been done on Princess Celestia's orders. Princess, what have you been planning?

"I am sorry, there must be some mistake?"

"I am afraid that the Canterlot's Bureaucratic Guild doesn't make mistakes. Someone really wanted you to be here."

"Yeah, okay, so what's the property is then?"

"That would be Pominville's Public Library."

"You are kidding, right? Oh, wait you aren't. Sorry, please continue."

"Like I've been saying you have choices, you could personally oversee the library, or, you could hire somepony else to do it for you. Would you like to see it right now?"

"Yes, please."

"Wonderful, here are the keys from it."

Twilight grabbed the keys and after saying the final good bye left.

"Are we just friends?" teased Moondancer.

"We... I mean I..." Twilight sighed, she took a deep breath. "You are my male friend, I just don't want to tell complete strangers about it."

"That seems to be a fair and reasonable statement."

"Oh wow, look at the library, it's a tree! And it's not just build to look like one, that's an actual tree. No wonder all of this paperwork took this long. Well then let us go inside, we do have a big day tomorrow."

"Twilight check this out, there are some movies over there!" Moondancer said pointing to the library's VHS section. "Bubbly Hills 90210, Wraith, Colt McVer, The X-Folders, Not-so-hot-Betsy, ICU, Trotting Dead, Jail Break, and some others. We have the whole evening to waste. Is there anything you would like to watch?"

"That sounds like a good idea," Twilight responded. She took a random VHS tape from the shelves. "How about... Cake Knight Rises, is that any good?"

"Why don't we find that out, hey Spike want to join us?"

"Sure, why not?"

Later that night. Loud dramatic music could be heard.
...I am nothing like you! You are the psychopath who bakes for money!

Twilight and Moondancer were rolling on the floor laughing.

"This is just too ridiculous, and funny. If I would die right now that would be the very happy moment of my entire life."

"Here lies Twilight Sparkle, cause of death: killed by a videotape, " Moondancer responded giggling

"That a good one, we better write the warning on the tape. So which movie are we going to watch next, Clean Hard or Admission Impossible?"


Ponivile Library. June 20th, 8:00 am.


"Are you sure it's okay to just leave the library unintended?" asked Moondancer

"I am pretty sure if we just lock the rooms upstairs, It will be fine. I highly doubt that anypony that dumb would want to mess with the Library current owners, by which I mean the power and influence of House Sparkle. We would still need to find the administrator to keep the records."

All of them just went outside, nearby there was a familiar pink earth pony mare, Twilight remembered from yesterday that her name was Pinkie.

"Hi, how are you? Your name is Pinkie right?"

"Yep, that's me."

"I would like to ask you a favor. We are about to leave for a day for important business, and as you might be aware of it this place is a library. So just for today we just need somepony who could take a position of library administrator."

"You must be new owners, well then I would be happy to take the job."

"Well congratulations then, okay if this is everything?"

"Oh right, um, the whole thing kind of sounded really good in my head. You would come back, and then I would throw you a surprise party in the library. Then after partying all night all of us would just wink into a City Hall for the main event. Now that I think about this sounds like a really bad and rude idea."

"Well thanks for the warning, you just do your thing, I am sure everything will turn out just fine."

"Okay, see ya later boss!"


Sweet Apple Acres, 9:30 am.


"Alright, let's see, food preparations for the Summer Sun Festival. According to this the owners of the local Apple Orchard volunteered for the job," Twilight said, looking at the list. Looking around she noticed an orange earth pony in a Stetson

"Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle and this is Spike and Moondancer."

"Well, howdy Ms. Twilight, what can I do for you today?"

"You must be Ms. Applejack, right? First I would like to apologize for the long wait, it took a bit longer than it would take normally. I and my friend over here are part of inspection team for the Summer Sun Celebration."

"That's correct, I am AppleJack. It's no trouble at all, we are just glad that somepony was sent here. Just for this celebration all of our relatives decided to pitch in o the farm."

"Right, that good I guess. Now then let's see what you have to offer."


1 mile away from Sweet Apple Acres.

10:10 am.


After a short musical number and 40 minutes later Twilight, Moondancer, and Spike managed to exit Sweet Apple Acres.

"I can't believe that mare tricked us into tasting almost every single food that was in there, " said Twilight. "Well at least everything seems to check out"

''It wasn't that bad at least we got a chance to get free food. Who doesn't like free food?" responded Moondancer.

"I suppose, it was just too much and I feel stuffed, and...."

Master, an advanced warning. it would seem some Pegasus is on collision course with you. It would be advisable for you to avoid it.

"Um, Twilight? I think you better move to the side."

Twilight quickly winked a few meters to the right, at the same time a light blue pegasus with rainbow mane crashed into the dirt.

"Thanks, Spike I owe you one."

"Don't sweat it Twi, but since you are offering..."

"Right," Twilight responded, she then took her attention to the Pegasus. "Oh, my goodness are you alright?"

"Yeah, I am good, totally didn't mean to do that, my name is Rainbow Dash by the way. You have a very good reaction Ms?"

"Twilight Sparkle, and well my dragon senses had been tingling." Twilight quickly gave Spike hoof bump. "I suppose that saves me the trouble of looking for you ms Dash. You see I am and my friend over here are the inspectors for today's Summer Sun celebration."

"Oh, okay then, I was been wondering when those suits would send somepony here. Hold on I need to clean up myself, and then I will just be right back with you."

Rainbow quickly summoned rain cloud and after drying herself she once again was ready to talk to them

"I know I am awesome and everything but why do they feel like they should single out me for this?"

"I am afraid, I don't follow."

"What I am saying, that all of this is just a team effort. Besides me, there are at least a dozen more pegasi who are making sure that the sky is clean. I know today is Saturday and that means that almost everypony but me ditched their work. Do you see where am I going with this?"

"When you put it like this that seems to be very strange. I am sorry I have no explanation for this. It looks like everything is in order. I hope I would see you later, at celebration perhaps?"

"Yeah sure, I'll see you then."

Author's Note:

I was looking for an opportunity on to how the improve the chapter when they first visit the library and I just couldn't resist for a quick shout out to the Pinkie Pie and the Persona 5, Cake Knight Rises were the way to good for a reference to pass out. just picture Pinkamena in a role of Joker it fits her perfectly.

Thank you, everyone, for reading this chapter.