• Published 11th Aug 2017
  • 7,984 Views, 650 Comments

Vanishing Act - redandready45

  • ...
17
 650
 7,984

PreviousChapters Next
A Not So Familiar Face

"Twily, is that you?"

Twilight stared dumbly at the human versions of Cadence and Shining Armor, their faces full of confusion and longing. Everyone else in the room had expressions that combined anxiety, anger, confusion, and fear- Except for Juniper who looked with shocked silence at Twilight.

"I'm...I'm not who you think I am," Twilight Sparkle said solemnly after some hesistation. The faces of Cadence, Shining Armor, and the Shadowbolts twisted into annoyance and disdain. Sour Sweet clenched her firsts and started fuming.

"Is this some kind of sick joke?" Cadence said, anger growing in her voice. "Because it isn't funny anymore."

"Look," Twilight said in a panicked tone, "I know how this looks, but I swear I'm not the Twilight you-,"

"LIAR!" Sour Sweet bellowed. She stormed up to Twilight and grabbed her by her shirt and pulled her so they were face to face. "LIAR! I KNEW YOU WERE WORKING WITH THOSE WONDERDOLTS-"

"Hey," yelled Rainbow Dash getting into Sour's snarling face. "Back off, Shadowbrat! Leave her alone!" The other Rainbooms took on menacing expressions as well.

"Really," Indigo Zap said in a cold tone, "I think she needs a good punch for this...prank she-,"

"Sour, enough!" Cadence ordered with a yell. The fuchsia-haired girl rolled her eyes and reluctantly released the lavender-skinned girl, who stepped back to be with the other Wondercolts. Cadence looked at Twilight with sharp eyes. "Twilight Sparkle", she said in a stern tone. "I don't know what possessed you to pull this stunt. But...we're taking you home. Now."

"But don't worry," Shining Armor in a foreboding tone, "you'll have all the time in the world to talk about it. Because you're grounded-"

"Cadence," Luna said nervously, walking into the room. "I know how this looks, but I swear that is not the girl you know."

"Really," Lemon Zest said with disdain, gesturing with her thumb to the elephant, or Twilight, in the room. "She's standing right there!"

"Look," Luna said in a desperate tone. "There is a perfectly good explanation for all this. If we can all calm-"

"Why she would we explain anything to you!" Sunset Shimmer said to Shadowbolts in a rage, balling her fists. "You idiots blew up your own teammate for a stupid trophy!" The Shadowbolts got even more enraged at that.

"She's standing there!" Sunny bellowed.

"That's it," Sugarcoat said, her monotone becoming unusually sharp as she glared at Twilight. "Either we get an explanation, or I call the cops and report this...fraud."

"Please don't call the cops," Luna said in a pleading tone.

"You want to call the cops," Applejack said in a warning tone, raising her fists, "then your gonna get-,"

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" The anger dissipated as everyone turned to Juniper who was fuming with confusion. The Rainbooms expressions softened as they looked at the girl who was clearly out of the loop. The Shadowbolts' expressions became apprehensive at the stern look on their friend's face. "You said that your friend Twilight died in some accident. Why is she still alive?!" the pig-tailed girl said, gesturing at the nervous lavender skinned girl.

"Friend?!" Sunset said to the Shadowbolts, the anger and disdain returning to her voice. "Is that what you told her! That you liked Twilight!" She crossed her arms. "You kill her and then you have the nerve to pretend you liked her all along her just for fame!" Her took a deep breath. "Just when I didn't think you could sink any lower!" The Shadowbolts were about to angrily reply, but their anger died as Juniper stormed up to them, glaring through her glasses and balling her fists.

"Sunny? Guys," Juniper said, gritting her teeth. Her tone filled made the Shadowbolts go pale and their blood turn cold. "Is there something you're not telling me?"

"June," Sunny said in a nervous tone. "Wait outside and we'll tell you all about it." Juniper's glare deepened as she furrowed her brow.

"Tell me...now," June said, trying to keep calm. "What are you hiding from me?"

"Ms...June," Luna said uneasily, "I assure you, there is an explanation for you. Please wait," Luna tried to put a comforting hand on Juniper's shoulder, but she furiously swatted it away.

"TELL ME NOW!" Juniper yelled to the Shadowbolts. Even Sour was shocked.

"June, buddy," Sour said uneasily. "We promise we'll-,"

"DON'T "JUNE" ME, SOUR! I'M AM SICK YOU GUYS TREATING ME LIKE A BABY!" Juniper bellowed, much to the shock of everyone in the room. "I BUILT THE FUCKING DRONE! I AM THE REASON YOU GUYS ARE HERE! I DESERVE TO KNOW THE TRUTH!" The Shadowbolts looked at their angry friend with a bit of sadness and fear. They looked at each other and let out a sad sigh.

"We're not trying to treat you like a baby June," Sunny said in a contrite tone. June's anger faded but didn't completely abate. "And you do deserve the truth, but..."

"Then why are telling me to wait outside?" June asked, gritting her teeth again.

"Because...we don't really know the truth," Sunny said, looking down. June's anger faded, but her disappointment was still present.

"Fine," Juniper said begrudgingly. "I'll...wait. But I better get an explanation," she said, turning around and walking out of the room, pushing past Princess Luna. With Juniper gone, the tension faded, but the previous hostility returned.

"Pinkie Pie," Sunset said sternly to the pink-skinned girl. "You go sit in the corner."

"Come on Sunny," Pinkie Pie said in a pleading tone. "You're not still mad are-," Sunset and the Rainbooms walked toward her with a menacing expression. Pinkie Pie let out a fearful squeak and skipped to the corner, turning her back to everyone.

"Now tell us, why did Twilight fake her death?" Sunny asked, her tone calm but firm. Twilight was about to explain, but Rarity got in front of her with crossed arms.

"I don't see why that is any of your...business," Rarity said with a firm tone.

"Oh, it is our business," Cadence said, crossing her arms and walking toward the Rainbooms with a stern expression. "Because we thought Twilight died in front of us. Because my school's reputation took a serious hit. Because we signed a form implicating my boss in a crime she didn't commit." Her own pink fists tightened. "Because I attacked Cinch, a family friend, and twisted her wrists because I believe she killed the girl I considered my sister." The Rainbooms looked stunned at her expression. "Regardless of what you think of us, we went out on a limb for you. And now we think we did it for a lie." The Shadowbolts and Shining Armor crossed their arms, stern expressions on their face. "If you're telling us the truth then we are owed an explanation for..." she gestured to Twilight. The Rainbooms fury slackened and they all let out a defeated sigh.

"OK," Sunset said. "We'll prove it to you."


"So let me get this straight," Sunny said with some disbelief, walking next to Twilight. "You're another Twilight from some...magical dimension?" The two groups of students (minus Pinkie Pie), Dean Cadence, Shining Armor, and Vice-Principal Luna walked outside toward the horse statue. The anger was gone, but the tension still remained.

"Yep," Twilight said.

"And you're also some pony princess from some pony world who ended up in Canterlot High School because you... wanted to go to a prom?" Sugarcoat replied with her stern tone.

"Well," Twilight said uneasily, looking at Sunset who looked down with a sigh. "That's a...different story for another day."

"And let me guess," Sour said happily. "You have leprechauns and gumdrops and rivers that run with hot chocolate fudge in this magical pony world?"

"Well," Twilight said uneasily to Sour. "We don't have that first...thing. You can buy gumdrops at candy stores. And sometimes it can rain...chocolate milk when chaos..."

"YEAH RIGHT!" Sour said with disdain.

"Sour," Cadence warned.

"I'm not going to be polite until I get an answer," Sour said crossing her arms in defiance. The Shadowbolts said nothing, but their glare said they were still eager for an answer too.

"OK," Twilight here it is, gesturing to the horse statue. "The proof is there." The Shadowbolts looked unimpressed.

"It is just the stupid statue," Lemon Zest said with annoyance.

"At the base of the statue is the portal to another dimension," Sunset said. "You want proof. Well, we'll give you the real deal. Just walk in and you'll know what we were talking about." She walked up to the Shadowbolts. "Which of you wants to go first?" The Shadowbolts looked uneasily before Sunny stepped forward with a sigh.

"Let's get this over with," Sunny said, rubbing her palm on her face. Twilight took her by the arm as they walked toward the base of the statue. All of a sudden, the base started glowing before the two suddenly vanished. The Shadowbolts, Cadence, and Shining looked at the spot where Sunny and Twilight were in shock.

"Sunny," Indigo said with horror.

"Oh god," Sugarcoat said with shock.

"Dude," Lemon said with horror.

"Sunny," Sour said with horror. She looked at the statue with anger and bared her fists. "What did you do to her you...evil statue!"

"Sunny," Cadence looked at the statue with horror. She then looked at Luna. "Luna, what happened to her?"

"Don't worry," Luna said in a nonchalant tone. "Just give it a few minutes." The Shadowbolts, Cadence, and Shining looked at the statue for a few minutes with trepidation. After a few minutes, in another blinding flash of light, Twilight and Sunny returned. The latter girl looked like she was in a daze.

"Sunny," the Shadowbolts yelled, running up to help their discombobulated friend. Twilight, who was more used to the trans-dimensional journey, pulled herself up off the ground more easily.

"Are you OK?" Indigo said.

"She's telling the truth," Sunny said in a slurred tone.

"What," Shining said.

"She's telling the truth," Sunny said quietly. "I went to that world and...became a unicorn."

"Really?" Sour asked.

"Yes," Sunny said, slowly regaining her balance. And pointed to Twilight with a thumb. "And she became this...unicorn-Pegasus...thing."

"Well, Twilight said. "The proper term is alicorn." Shining Armor walked up to Twilight.

"So...you're really from another dimension," Shining Armor asked sternly, staring at her with cold eyes.

"Yes," Twilight said. She paused as she saw tears pool in Shining Armor's eyes.

"So," he said in a sad tone, "you're really...not her." The pain in the man's tone was evident. Twilight looked at the Shadowbolts and Cadence, who also looked upset, and felt her own lips quiver.

"No," Twilight said, for once not happy to have been proven right. He looked at the man with an expression of sympathy. "I'm...not." She took the man's hand and held it in hers. "I'm not." Twilight said, tears forming in her own eyes. "I wish I was...but...I'm not. I'm sorry..." Twilight wrapped up the tall man in a hug. Shining Armor composure broke and he held the lavender-skinned girl, bawling his eyes out.

Cadence seeing her husband in tears, began crying too. She felt Luna put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"This is why I couldn't tell you," Luna said to the pink-skinned woman, her voice tender and warm. "I wanted to avoid...this," gesturing to Shining and Princess Twilight holding each other and crying. "I'm so sorry."

Cadence pulled herself from Luna's gesture and enveloped Shining and Princess Twilight in her own hug. She also began crying her eyes out. Each of the Rainbooms, also in tears, joined in on the group hug, trying to give what little comfort they could to Shining Armor and Cadence. The Shadowbolts looked at their Principal and her husband in tears and began weeping in both same and grief themselves.

PreviousChapters Next