• Published 10th Aug 2017
  • 21,593 Views, 263 Comments

Equestria Louds: Of Secrets And Superstitions - EquineAvenger



Two mistreated people come together and form a beautiful friendship while the people who wronged them suffer and struggle.

  • ...
9
 263
 21,593

Revelations Part 1 (Edited 04/19/18)

At Sunset Shimmer’s place, she and Lincoln had just finished dinner and were washing dishes together. Both were clearly enjoying each other’s company. Lincoln was like the little brother Sunset never had and Sunset was everything Lincoln ever wanted in a sister. But each knew the other was hiding something and both were curious to learn more about the other.

“Wasn’t that good, Lincoln?” Sunset asked creating a conversation.

“Yeah, I haven’t had pizza in awhile,” Lincoln replied. “Much less seconds. In my family, getting seconds is almost impossible.”

“I bet,” Sunset chuckled. Then she noticed Lincoln had a sad look on his face. “Is something wrong, Lincoln?”

“No, it’s nothing,” Lincoln glumly assured her. Then he headed into the living room leaving Sunset with a concerned look on her face. “Thanks for the pizza.”

It was apparent to Sunset that the young boy was still greatly upset over whatever happened between him and his family. Her first idea was to see if she could try and help work out the issues he had with his family, after all, that’s what Twilight Sparkle would’ve done. But she didn’t even know what those issues were, and it was obvious that Lincoln wasn’t ready to talk about it yet.


At Sweet Apple Acres, the Humane Five had invited the Loud family to have dinner with them. Apple Bloom’s friends, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, were also invited and so was Maud Pie, Pinkie Pie’s older sister. Big Macintosh and Granny Smith had made her delicious apple stew and Maud had made a rock soup that was an old Pie family recipe. Most of the Loud family preferred the apple stew over the rock soup, with the exception of Lana. Everyone was getting along with each other quite well. Rarity got along with Lola and Leni the best due to Leni’s similar love of fashion and Rarity helped fix Lola’s appearance. Pinkie got along with Luan due to their love of jokes and laughter. Lana got along with Fluttershy due to their love of animals and Applejack because of her hardworking nature and dislikeness for overly girly things was something she could relate to. Lucy got along with Maud due to both of them not being very emotionally expressive. Rainbow Dash got along with Lynn and Luna due to Lynn’s love of sports and Luna’s love of music. Although there was no one Lisa could compare with, the Five all agreed she would probably get along well with Twilight Sparkle due to their love of science. Charles got along with the Apples’ family dog, Winona. Of course, everyone got along with Lily, the baby, even if her diapers were sometimes hazardous to change.

"Hey Lily," Pinkie said playfully to the youngest Loud sister. "Can you say 'Pinkie'?"

"Poo-poo," Lily said in her adorable little voice.

"No, 'Pinkie'."

"Poo-poo." Then the baby made a flatulent noise. The party girl took a whiff of the air and immediately covered her nose.

"Oh, I get it," Pinkie said uncomfortably and she held her nose to block out the terrible smell.

“Thank you Miss Rarity for fixing my beautiful face,” Lola thanked the fashionista.

“It was my pleasure, darling,” Rarity told the young pageant princess. “I know it’s hard to keep up one’s beautiful appearance, especially at your age. Who helps you keep up your good looks?”

“My… my… big brother, Lincoln,” Lola answered with great sadness and remorse in her voice.

“Oh dear,” Rarity said realizing she’d accidentally reopened some wounds. “I’m terribly sorry, darling.”

“It’s okay, you didn’t know,” Lola assured her.

“You know AJ, your granny’s apple stew would taste even better with a little rock in it,” Lana told Applejack while putting a rock from Maud’s rock soup into a bowl of a second helping of apple stew.

“Thanks, I’ll see if I can talk to Granny about that,” AJ reluctantly said. Even she found the young girl’s taste buds weird.

“So, you like expressing yourself through poetry?” Maud asked Lucy in her usual emotionless monotone voice.

“That’s right,” Lucy replied in her usual emotionless monotone voice.

“Neat,” Maud replied back. “Do you also have someone close to you?”

“This is Edwin, my soulmate,” Lucy said presenting her precious vampire bust.

“This is my pet, Boulder,” Maud said presenting her pet rock.

“Neat,” Lucy replied.

“I can see we have a lot in common,” Maud said.

“Hey Pinkie, what do you call it when someone bakes you in a pastry?” Luan asked the pink party girl.

“I don’t know, Luan. What do you call it?” Pinkie asked excited to hear the punchline.

“A Pinkie Pie!” Luan said with a laugh. “Get it?”

“Yes!” Pinkie replied bursting into laughter. Finally Luan had met someone who found her jokes funny.

Elsewhere in the house, Rainbow and Lynn were throwing a ball to one another.

“Hey Lynn, go long,” Rainbow said tossing the ball to the younger sports girl.

“Got it!” Lynn said triumphantly catching the ball.

“Nice catch,” Rainbow complimented.

“So Lisa, what kinds of studies are you into?” Fluttershy asked the little genius.

“Our Lisa’s an expert in biology, psychology, and anthropology,” Lynn Sr. proudly said.

“And scatology,” Lisa added.

“Oh, I didn’t know you had your hand in that,” Pinkie Pie obliviously commented which caused the rest of her friends to give her disgusted looks at her poor choice of words.

“Pinkie please, I just ate,” Rainbow told her.

Rarity and Leni were looking over some selfies they took with Rarity’s phone. As they were looking over the photos, they came across an old one that all five colorful girls, but with a sixth girl who had yellow skin, a leather jacket, and red and yellow hair.

“Oh, who’s that?” a curious Leni asked. “I didn’t know you guys had another friend you like to hang out with.”

“We don’t,” Rarity said with a suddenly sad tone. “Not anymore.”

Suddenly, the cheerful mood turned glum as the Five and the Crusaders all donned sad and heartbroken expressions on their faces which the Loud family picked up on.

“You guys okay?” Lynn asked concerned.

“Yeah, it’s nothing,” a glum Rainbow assured, but no one was buying it.

“It’s about that friend of yours, isn’t it, dudes?” Luna guessed.

The Five all took a deep breath and started to explain.

“Her name was Sunset Shimmer,” Applejack began. “And she was once a very close friend of ours.”

“What happened?” Lucy asked.

“A very very terrible mistake,” a miserable Fluttershy said.


Back at Sunset Shimmer’s place, Sunset was setting up an air mattress for Lincoln to sleep on in the living room while the boy was curiously looking around her place.

“Nice place you’ve got, Sunset,” Lincoln complimented. Then he noticed a small picture of Sunset with five other girls sitting on top of a shelf. “Hey, are these your friends? They all look nice. Maybe someday you could introduce us and we’ll all have a fun day together.”

“Don’t bet on it,” Sunset said in a sudden sad tone. “Looks can be deceiving.” She then took a break from setting up the air mattress, walked over to where Lincoln found the picture, and turned it face down. Then she returned to setting up the boy’s sleeping place with a miserable expression on her face. Lincoln noticed this and became concerned and curious.

“Are you alright, Sunset?” he asked.

“I’m fine,” she assured him, but he wasn’t convinced.

“If something’s troubling you, you can tell me and I promise I won’t judge,” he said in kind tone. “Maybe getting it off your chest will help make it feel a little better.”

“It’s nothing that concerns you,” Sunset insisted.

Hearing that brought back an unpleasant memory for Lincoln. The day when all his sisters got into a huge ridiculous dispute with each other and they all inconvenienced him and refused to let him do anything to help, they called it their ‘Sister Protocol’. He wasn’t going to be shut out this time.

“Please, don’t shut me out when I’m trying to help,” Lincoln pleaded shedding a single tear. “You’ve helped me so much already, I could never live with myself if I didn’t at least try to do something for you.”

Sunset could see the desperation in the boy’s eyes, and gave in. “Alright. But I must warn you, it’s a long and unpleasant story.”


Back at Sweet Apple Acres, the Five and the Crusaders had finished telling the Loud family about their former friend, Sunset Shimmer. First, they told them about how she used to be one of the most powerful bullies at CHS before she finally sought redemption. They left out all the magic parts to avoid sounding crazy. Eventually, they told them about the Anon-a-Miss fiasco that happened last holiday season and how it had ruined their relationship with Sunset Shimmer. The big family looked very saddened by what they all just heard.

“That is literally the saddest story I’ve ever heard,” Lori said on the verge of tears.

“That’s dark even for me,” Lucy stated.

“I can’t believe you all lost such a good friend,” Lola said wiping away her tears with a handkerchief.

“Normally, I don’t care for human emotions, but…” Lisa said before bursting into tears like the 4 year old she was.

“And it’s all our fault!” a guilty-looking Apple Bloom said.

Sweetie Belle was hugging Rarity who returned the hug as her younger sister sobbed on her shoulder.

“We became so desperate for our sisters’ attention that we caused an innocent girl terrible pain,” Scootaloo said clearly disappointed in herself. “And no, it wasn’t worth it.”

“It’s okay sugarcube, it ain’t all yer fault,” Applejack comforted her little sister. “Most of it is ours.”

“Yeah. How can we even call ourselves her friends if we were willing to turn on her just like that?” Rainbow remorsefully added.

“The only thing your Anon-a-Miss stunt did was show us what we really were,” Rarity tearfully finished.

The Louds watched with sad and sympathetic looks on their faces as the five teenagers and their little sisters all mourned the loss of the friendship. At this moment, the family realized that they were not that different from these young girls. They both had committed acts that were deemed illegal and had extremely hurtful effects on someone they loved. For the Louds, it was child abuse and for the Crusaders, it was cyberbullying. This also reminded the sisters of when Lincoln was eager to win his first trophy for a video contest at school and posted embarrassing videos of them on the internet. Needless to say, they were all furious at him for that. So much that he filmed embarrassing footage of himself in order to make it up to them. After seeing how regretful the Crusaders were and the fact that they never meant to cause that much harm, the sisters began to think that they might’ve been a little too hard on their brother back then because just like the Crusaders he never meant any real harm and was trying to make his family proud of him for once.

“Wow! I never knew how much damage cyberbullying could really cause,” Lori said looking at her phone. “Oh no!” she exclaimed as she had a horrible realization. She began looking through her phone’s photo gallery and started anxiously deleting all embarrassing photos and videos she had taken of Lincoln in the past, one of which was a picture of when she threw up on him in the van while they were on a road trip and sent it to Bobby. After hearing this sad story, the phone-obsessed teen realized that she might’ve committed the same hurtful stunt like the Crusaders. When she was done, she saw that she had only a few decent pictures of Lincoln, which made her realize that she had not been a good big sister to him at all.

“I heard that kind of bullying is illegal,” Lucy stated.

“Yeah, we were lucky Sunset decided not to press charges,” Scootaloo said. “Even though we would’ve deserved it.”

“Speaking of luck,” Rita said looking nervously at the rest of her family who returned the same expression. It was clear to them that she thought it was probably an important time to tell these girls about why they were looking for their missing boy in the first place. Although, they all had a nervous feeling that their new friends will not be so friendly after revealing their shameful secret. “You girls remember us saying we’re here in this town looking for our son, right?”

“Yeah, y’all said he went missing,” AJ said.

“Actually, he ran away from home,” a guilty-looking Lynn Sr. confessed.

“Oh no! That’s awful,” Fluttershy said.

“Do any of you have any idea why he ran away?” Rarity asked.

“Oh yeah,” Lynn Jr. answered in a nervous and absolute tone.


Meanwhile, Sunset had just finished telling Lincoln about her life at Canterlot High from the day she enrolled to the dreadful Anon-a-Miss fiasco, minus all the magic parts to avoid sounding insane. Needless to say, the white-haired boy found the story very tragic.

“Oh Sunset, I’m so sorry about what happened between you and your friends,” Lincoln said shedding tears of sadness at the story.

“Most of it is really my fault,” Sunset said sadly. “I really didn’t make a very good first impression on everyone. For about three years, I was a selfish tyrant who ruled the school with an iron fist, until the girls I called friends knocked some sense in me. But no matter how much good I do for everyone, it’ll never be enough for them to completely get over my past. To them, I’ll always be a cruel manipulative monster. The whole Anon-a-Miss thing showed me that. So rather than go through another painful experience like that, I chose to leave and live all by myself, no friends or family.”

“But don’t you ever get lonely?” Lincoln asked.

“All the time.”

“Sunset,” Lincoln said in a soft and sympathetic tone. “When I first met you, I didn’t think you were a cruel manipulative monster.”

“Thanks,” Sunset said grateful for the boy’s kindness, even though it didn’t make her feel entirely better.

“You are one of the kindest and most friendly people I’ve ever met,” Lincoln continued. “And if it makes you feel any better, I know what it feels like to be treated like an outcast, even for something you were innocent of. My family wasn’t exactly the warm and loving type. Why do you think I ran away?”

“I appreciate your understanding and know that something bad happened between you and your family, Lincoln,” Sunset said. “But whatever it was, I doubt it was worse than what my friends did to me.” Then she bowed her head in sadness thinking about all the good and bad times she had with the Five in the past. Right now, she felt like the saddest person in the entire world. Lincoln noticed this and stared at her for a moment with extremely sympathetic eyes. Eventually, his sad facial expression turned into a warm smile and he couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle that got Sunset’s attention.

“Wanna bet?” the 11 year old boy asked slyly.

Sunset arched her left eyebrow in curiosity as Lincoln prepared to tell her his tragic story.

Author's Note:

This originally wasn't meant to be a 2-parter but the chapter was getting a little long and it was taking too long to think of what comes next. So enjoy this and the second part will be posted eventually.
By the way, anyone have any ideas how Sunset and the Equestria Girls will react when they hear about what happened to Lincoln?