• Published 10th Aug 2017
  • 21,610 Views, 263 Comments

Equestria Louds: Of Secrets And Superstitions - EquineAvenger



Two mistreated people come together and form a beautiful friendship while the people who wronged them suffer and struggle.

  • ...
9
 263
 21,610

Consequences

It was morning at the Loud residence and the ten sisters were all sitting down at the dining table having breakfast. However, the family wasn’t having a very happy morning due to what happened last night. No one had seen Lincoln all morning. They thought he was still in his room, but no one dared to try and bother him believing he still needed some space. The girls were still greatly surprised by what happened last night. Their brother did many things that none of them ever thought he would. He dared to talk back at all of his sisters at once, punched Lynn, talked back to his parents, hit his father in the family jewels, and got away with all of it.

“Do you think we did go too far with this whole luck thing?” a concerned Leni asked.

“Our sole male sibling was in a rather unpleasant state of emotion last night,” Lisa said. “Street name: bad mood. It was foolish of us to, how should I say, ‘push his buttons’.”

“I still can’t believe he almost knocked out some of my teeth,” Lynn complained rubbing her still sore cheek. She didn’t notice some of her sisters casting disgusted looks at her.

“So you’re still putting all the blame for this on Lincoln,” Lucy spoke in her emotionless tone bit with a hint of disgust in it.

“He was pouring his heart out last night and telling us about miserable he’s been this whole time,” a cross Luna said. “Did you even care how he was feeling?”

“Did you?” Lynn asked argumentatively. “Because if I remember none of you seem to care either.”

“Kids enough,” Rita scolded them.

“It’s not a good morning to start fighting,” Lynn Sr. told them while holding an ice pack on his groin area and letting out a few small painful groans.

“Jeez Dad, how hard did he hit you last night?” Lana asked.

“I think he put all his anger into that punch,” Lynn Sr. answered his daughter with a hint of pain in his voice.

“We should really have a talk with him,” Rita suggested. “Can someone go get him?”

“DIBS NOT IT!” the sisters said in unison putting their fingers on their noses. Leni was the only one who put her finger in her ear.

“Dang it,” she unhappily exclaimed and started heading upstairs. She stood outside her little brother’s room and gently knocked on his door. “Linky, are you awake?” she asked gently and kindly, but she received no reply. She opened the door and found he wasn’t sleeping on the blanket they left for him. Then she looked over to the squirrel suit lying on the floor and suspected he was probably inside it. “Can you come downstairs? The rest of the family needs to have a talk with you,” she said shaking the suit, but then the head rolls off revealing no one in it. “What the-” Leni exclaimed but then saw a note attached to the squirrel head’s face. She took it and silently read it to herself.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” a despair-filled cry sounded through the entire house so loud it could be heard from outside.

“Leni, what’s wrong?” Lori asked hearing her younger sister’s cry. Leni ran downstairs with tears flowing from her eyes and holding the note she found.

“LINCOLN’S GONE!” the blonde fashionista sobbed.

“WHAT?!” the rest of the family said all together in shock.

“I found this note,” Leni said handing the paper to them. Lisa took the note and began reading it out loud to her family.
Dear Family Former Family,

If you are reading this then it means you’ve finally discovered I’ve moved on. While I know it’s important to be there and support one’s family, a guy still needs some time to himself once in awhile, especially in a family as big as this. Surely some of you must feel the same way sometimes. That’s why I went along with Lynn’s belief that I was bad luck. I was so desperate for some ‘me’ time I was willing to be dishonest in order to get it. This proved to be a mistake that has caused me a lot of pain. I thought if I could prove that I wasn’t bad luck then everything would go back to the way they used to be. But instead, my life went from exile to a prison. I cannot bare to spend the rest of my life living as an outcast or a tool. Therefore, I’ve decided to leave Royal Woods and find someplace where I can live my life the way I want to as the person I want to be. Don’t try to look for me, you’ll just be wasting your time.
Sincerely your former son and brother,
Lincoln

Once Lisa was done reading, a great wave of guilt and sadness swept over the entire family. If Lincoln’s outburst last night didn’t completely get through to them, then this certainly must’ve been a little more effective.

“What have we done?!” Lola exclaimed visibly horrified.

“I literally can’t believe this has happened!” Lori said visibly upset.

“My dark heart is aching,” Lucy said.

“We’ve lost our only bro,” Luna said utterly devastated.

“I can’t even say anything funny right now,” Luan sadly informed everyone.

“We did go too far,” a very upset Leni said.

“Our little boy is gone!” Rita exclaimed bursting into tears as her husband tried to comfort her.

Poor Lily began to cry at hearing the news that her beloved big brother had run away.

Despite acting like she didn’t care for how Lincoln had been feeling, Lynn did in fact feel some regret for the troubles she had caused them. But her pride was like a wall that kept most of it out. However, after hearing what this note said, her face showed that some slivers had managed to penetrate the seemingly impenetrable barrier.

This devastating moment was soon interrupted by a knocking at the front door. Lori answered to find a teary-eyed 11 year old boy with glasses, Lincoln’s best friend, Clyde McBride. The boy was accompanied by his two adoptive fathers, Howard and Harold McBride, both looked very cross, Howard looked like he had some tears dripping from his anger-filled eyes.

“L-L-L-Lori, say it ain’t so,” the nerdy boy pleaded with tears in his eyes. Clyde had a huge crush on Lori. Usually when he saw her he’d bleed from his nose and act like a malfunctioning robot. But he did none of those things this time.

“What’s going on?” Lori asked confused.

“Lincoln sent me a recorded message last night,” Clyde tearfully explained. “He told me you guys called him bad luck, that you kicked him out of the house, that you made wear a squirrel suit.”

It felt very wrong, but Lori knew she had to tell the truth. She let out a remorseful sigh and confessed. “Yes, it’s literally all true.”

“HOW COULD YOU?!” the heartbroken nerdy boy cried falling to his knees and bursting into uncontrollable tears. He couldn’t believe the love of his life had done something so terrible to his best friend, her own brother. Lincoln had often shared his complaints about his sisters with Clyde, but he didn’t always agree with them. But now, after hearing this, his opinion of his friend’s family had changed greatly.

Watching the boy breakdown like that was gut-wrenching. Lori had always found Clyde’s obsession with her annoying and didn’t really care for his feelings for her. But she knew he was a good kid and didn’t deserve to suffer like this. The eldest of the sibling bunch was already feeling rotten as it is, but this made her feel a whole lot worse. Not only had she acted inhumanely to her only brother, but she had inadvertently and cruelly disillusioned a kind and innocent boy.

“You animals!” Howard yelled furiously. “Not only did you ostracize your own son and brother, but you also broke our little angel’s heart!”

“Now Howie, calm down,” Harold said. “They’re not worth it.”

“But I’m just so upset,” Howard replied with tears in his eyes.

“I know, I know,” Harold said comfortingly pulling his sobbing husband into a warm hug.

Just then, another car drove up and parked at the curb in front of the house.

“Lori!” It was Bobby who got out of the car and called to his girlfriend.

“Bobby!” Lori called back and ran up to him and gave him a big hug. “Oh Boo-Boo-Bear, you literally have no idea how terrible things have been lately.”

“I heard about Lincoln,” he said with a look of sadness on his face.

“You did?” Lori asked surprised. “When?”

“He gave me a call last night,” Bobby confessed with tears forming in his eyes. “He said because I sided with you, I wasn’t his bro anymore.” The look of heartbreak brought tears to Lori’s own eyes. She knew how close Lincoln and Bobby were. At first it annoyed her, but then she grew to accept it. But now seeing that her ‘Boo-Boo-Bear’ had lost the person he’d come to see as a little brother was unbearable. “He also left a recorded message for Ronnie Anne that explained everything as well as a farewell.”

“How did she take it?” Lori asked concerned.

“WHERE IS SHE?!” came an unearthly rage-filled voice from the car. Then an 11 year old, tough-looking, and very livid girl stepped out of the vehicle. Before becoming Lincoln’s girlfriend, Ronnie Anne Santiago used to bully him at school. But that was just her way of trying to get him to notice her. After some ‘meddling’ from his sisters, it finally worked. The two became a secret couple with only their families and closest friends knowing about it. Like Clyde, Ronnie Anne had some high opinions of Lincoln’s sisters and thought they were cool. However, just like Clyde, this bad luck incident had changed her view of them completely. “WHERE IS THAT ARROGANT, SELF-CENTERED, SUPERSTITIOUS JERK?!”

Inside the house, Lynn gasped in fear because she knew Ronnie Anne wanted her.

“Ronnie Anne, wait,” Lori tried to reason with the extremely angry girl. But she was in no mood to be told what to do by the brother-abusing teenager who dared to call herself her brother’s girlfriend. With one mighty punch to the gut, she knocked the wind out of the blonde teenager. Lori fell to her knees while holding her stomach and gasping painfully for air as Bobby ran to her side to see if she was alright. She felt as if she was about to lose her breakfast.

Ronnie Anne continued heading toward the house with murder in her eyes. Lynn realizing that Lori won’t be able to protect her, immediately ran up the stairs and into her and Lucy’s room closing the door behind her. However, the furious girl knew just where to look and went up the stairs after her.

“Come out of there, you loser! You’re dead!” Ronnie Anne shouted and started banging on the door. Lynn stood behind the door hoping to use her body strength to keep her brother’s livid girlfriend from getting in. Unfortunately, it proved no use. Ronnie Anne was able to kick the door wipe open and send Lynn flying to the other side of the room. The tough Santiago girl walked in and closed the door behind her. Now Lynn was trapped with no way out. Outside the room, everyone else could only listen with fear at what was happening upstairs.

“Ronnie Anne wait!” they heard Lynn desperately plead. “Just let me explain-”
BAM! They heard the sound of a fist landing followed by a loud painful groan.

“AAGH!”
POW!

“OWW!”
BOOM!

“AAH!”
BAM!

“OW!”
BAM!

“UGH!”
POW!

“AAH! Wait, what are you doing with my baseball bats? NO WAIT, THAT’S A METAL ONE!”
BASH!

“AAAAAAGGGHHH!”
BASH!

“OWWWWWW! STOP IT!”
WHAM!

“UUGGHH!”

“IF I EVER CATCH LINCOLN SLEEPING OUTSIDE OR WEARING THAT DUMB SQUIRREL SUIT, I’LL KNOCK YOUR HEAD OFF AND USE IT AS A FOOTBALL!”
BASH!

“AAGH!”
POW!

“AAH!”
BAM!

“OOW!”
BOOM!

“UUGH!”
WHAM!

“AAAGH!”

“Now come on! Everyone’s waiting for us.”
BAM!

“OOW!”

A moment later, Ronnie Anne came down with Lynn, who was limping, had a black eye, and was covered in bruises.

“Like, what happened to you, Lynn?” a clueless Leni asked.

Before Lynn could answer, Ronnie Anne shot her a very threatening look.

“Uh, I slipped and fell,” the athlete lied.

“Yeah, you should be more careful about what you do,” the Santiago girl commented threateningly.

“Mr. and Mrs. Loud,” Harold politely addressed the folks. “Now I don’t want to have to tell you how to be good parents-”

“Then I’ll do it,” Ronnie Anne interrupted and then angrily told off her boyfriend’s folks. “Good parents, ‘real’ parents, don’t throw out their own children just because of some stupid, ridiculous, ludicrous nonsense like ‘BAD LUCK’!” The Louds cowered and cringed at every fury-filled word that came from her mouth.

“You know what I don’t get?” Lola stepped forward to defend herself and her family against their accuser. “You’ve done things to our brother and that’s fine, but when we do things to him we’re the worst people in the world.”

“Yes, but the difference between us is reason,” Ronnie Anne counter-argued. “I know I used to be a bully to Lincoln, but that was because I was shy and was trying to get him to notice me. Okay, I admit it was probably not the best way to get a boy’s attention, but at least we do get along with each other. Unfortunately, most of the other kids at school think that our relationship is something to make fun of him about. So I continue to act like a bully to him to spare his reputation because he already has it rough as it. In other words, I do things to Lincoln in order to protect him, you do things to him for kicks and giggles. And don’t try to deny it.”

Most of the sisters hung their heads in shame. It was true that they all had quite a lot of moments where they treated Lincoln rather disgracefully, and sometimes for no real reason other than their own amusement.

“Mrs. Loud,” Ronnie Anne addressed the matriarch. “How could you do that to your own son? Turn your back on him when he needed you? I was taught that mothers are supposed to love, care for, and protect all their children no matter what. You and your husband should’ve stopped your daughters before they went too far. But instead, you too treated him like some bad luck-bringing monster. Well, it’s clear to me and the McBrides who the real monsters are.”

The look of absolute disgust on the Santiago girl’s face reminded Rita of that terrible night when her only son had renounced her, her husband, and the girls as his family. The woman quietly began to shed tears knowing the pain in her heart right now was very well-deserved.

“Mr. Loud,” Ronnie Anne turned to the patriarch. “I got so mad that I completely forgot what I wanted to say to you. I guess this will have to do.” Without warning, the girl swung her right leg up and nailed the man hard right in the sensitive area between his legs causing everyone to gasp in complete shock.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WHY!” Lynn Sr. screamed in absolute pain as he fell to his knees clutching his family jewels with both hands. A painful feeling of deja vu swept over him. “LINCOLN ALREADY GAVE ME ONE OF THOSE LAST NIGHT AND IT STILL HASN’T FULLY HEALED!”

“Well, sucks to be you,” Ronnie Anne replied unsympathetically.

“Okay, we literally understand what we did was wrong,” Lori spoke up not wanting anyone else to come to anymore harm. “But we’ll fix it by going out and looking for Lincoln.”

“P-P-P-Promise me y-y-y-you’ll find him, L-L-L-Lori,” Clyde begged his hopeless love interest with tearful puppy dog eyes.

“I promise, Clyde,” Lori said with deep sincerity.

“You all have five days to find your son and our Clyde’s best friend or we’ll call the Child Services on you,” Howard threatened.

“Wait, did we do something illegal?” a confused Leni asked.

“Absolutely,” Harold replied. “Kicking out a minor is considered child abuse, and is illegal in many states.”

Hearing this, a wave of fear and nervousness swept over the Loud family. Not only was the way they treated Lincoln utterly despicable, but it was also illegal. And now the McBrides had given them a limited number of days to make things right or face the grim consequences of their actions. They all felt like tiny mice that had been backed into a corner of many huge scary cats with only one way out.

“Is Michigan one of them?” Lynn Jr. asked nervously.

“But Lincoln has never worked in underground tunnels,” a confused Leni said.

“Minor not miner, Leni” Lisa corrected her older dimmer sister. “As in a person under the age of 18.”

“And is true that kicking those kind of people out is illegal?” Leni asked. “Mom? Dad?”

Both parents had extremely nervous and fearful expressions on their faces.

“I’m afraid it is, sweetie,” Rita timidly answered.

“I’m embarrassed to say we completely forgot about it until now,” Lynn Sr. nervously confessed as sweat dripped from his forehead and anxiety swept over his daughters.

“But I’m too pretty to go to jail!” Lola cried hysterically.

“Actually,” Lisa explained. “Only Mother and Father will mostly likely be sent to prison because they are adults.” Then a nervous expression formed on the young genius’s face. “However, most of us will likely be sent to Juvenile Hall, which is technically a prison for younger people. Except for Lily, who will most likely be put in a foster home.”

“Well then you all better get started,” Harold commented bitterly as he, Howard, and Clyde started leaving.

“I hope you succeed, Lori,” Clyde said to the girl of his dreams. “I’d hate to see you locked away for a long time.”

“You and me both, Clyde,” Lori commented nervously.

After the McBrides left, Bobby and Ronnie Anne started to follow suit. But before the two siblings stepped completely out the door, Ronnie Anne turned to say one last thing to the family.

“If something like this ever happens to Lincoln again, there is no good luck charm in this world that will save you from me!” the Santiago girl threatened. “Good day!” With that, she slammed the door shut on her way out.

The force of the slam caused a crack to appear on the wall which continued to form up and across the living room ceiling. Eventually the cracking caused a piece of the ceiling to break off and fall right on Lynn’s head.

“I think she means it, guys,” Leni said nervously.

“No kidding,” Lynn sarcastically responded while rubbing her aching head.

Just then, Rita immediately grabbed a nearby telephone and started dialing a number. When she was done, she listened to the ringing and waited for someone to answer.

Hello?” asked a woman’s voice.

“Hello Mrs. Watson, it’s Rita Loud,” Rita nervously said. “Do you still have that bed my husband and I sold you?”

Author's Note:

Hello readers, liking this story? Here's a fun activity: count how many times Lynn Sr. gets hit in the crotch. As you read through chapters, keep count of how many times you read Lynn Sr. get an injury to his family jewels. Then when the story is done, tally your count and determine whether or not he will ever have anymore kids again. So keep your eyes peeled and have fun.