• Published 8th Aug 2017
  • 353 Views, 2 Comments

The SOLDIER in Equestria - Neroson40



Cloud Strife's son, Arn, get's pulled into Equestria to deal with Jenova.

  • ...
 2
 353

The Fairblade

My name is Arn Strife. Yeah, Cloud Strife finally settled down to have kids of his own. It’s been seventeen years since the Children of Jenova were defeated by my dad… but even so he says that the inheritance he gave me, a giant sword he called the Fairblade, wouldn’t be liftable by anyone but him if that power weren’t needed. And I can pick up and swing the Fairblade with ease.

My dad was teaching me how to use the Fairblade when my sisters and brother were thrust into this adventure with me. It was around time for us to go home when my mom, Tifa called and said that she hadn’t seen my blood-sister, Ava, my adopted sister, Marlene, or my adopted brother, Denzel. Dad said we’d keep an eye out for them, and hung up.

“Where could they be?” I asked dad.

“Hopefully not in the same place as Zack,” dad said. I hated the way he said it. It was obviously meant to be a joke, but he was so monotonous that I was just depressed by it. Did I know the story of Zachary Fair? How could I not!? My dad is the closest thing to alive that Zack will be, thanks to Mako addiction that my father suffered from. I heard the story a lot, and to say that Zack and Dad were friends in the short time they knew each other, that’d be an understatement.

Just when we passed the cliff where Zack now takes his eternal rest, the wind in the area picked up immensely particularly around me and my bike, there was nothing natural about this wind, I yelled for Dad to see if he noticed it, when he turned around the shock on his face was painful, he reached out for me while riding his bike for me, but I couldn’t hold on and was dragged into the wind and through a black hole that was the last thing I saw before blacking out.

I woke up to the feeling of a bug on my forehead. I opened my eyes slowly and looked up to see a butterfly crawling on my head. In Midgard, butterflies are a rarity that can only be seen by leaving it. My eyesight was hazy from up to ten inches away from my face, but I could see faces, however blurry they were. My eyesight cleared up a little and I saw creatures I never saw before looming over me. One of them was yellow, with pink hair and blue eyes. The other was cyan with rainbow in its hair and ruby eyes. I somehow could make out that they were female when my vision completely returned.

“Are you okay?” the yellow one asked. Weird as it was, my dad was friends with a talking lion so I could say I had experience with this.

“I’m-I’ll be fine,” I responded. “Where am I? Who are you? And what are you?”

“What?” The blue one said with a confused look on her face. “Never seen a pony before?”

“Never…”I said drearily. Yeah, we had ponies and horses back home, but they were rarely seen, let alone domesticated.

“Maybe we should get you to Twilight Sparkle’s castle,” the yellow one said. “Can you walk?”

To answer the question I stood up and felt something missing, until it hit me… where was the Fairblade!?

“Uh… what’s that?” I turned to where the blue pony pointed and I sighed in relief as I found the Fairblade where I was laying. I picked it up and slung it on my back.

“Nothing I want you touching,” I said in response to the question. We walked a little ways until we reached a town, the inhabitants of which were all ponies of different colors… “Hey… where are we?” I asked.

“The name of the country is Equestria.” The blue pony said. “The majority of inhabitants of this place are ponies, of Winged Pegasus, Stalwart Earth, or Magical Unicorn origin. That’s as far as I know how to explain, my name’s Rainbow Dash by the way.”

“What about you?” I asked the yellow pony.

“My name is… uh… Flu…shy.” She responded quietly. I turned to Rainbow dash for a translation.

“Fluttershy… Rainbow Dash…” I said. “Definitely not names you give kids where I’m from.”

“Why?” Fluttershy asked. “I mean… what’s your name?”

“Arn Strife. Everyone calls me Arn,” they looked at me with a weird look on each of their faces.

“And you call our names weird?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Well that’s because the meaning of your name is both hidden and out there, mine is just hidden.” We reached the castle of this… Twilight Sparkle pony, and all I could think was “this is a castle?” There were more parts around its main body than there were needed to make a motorcycle work… okay, maybe not that many.

I knocked on the door with my fist, which seemed to inspire the attention of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, and the creature that opened the door looked like a child form of Bahamut, with claws instead of wings purple scales and green frills. He looked at me with a shock that said he’d seen me before… or at least something like me. He turned into the castle without noticing the girls.

“Twilight! We’ve got another one!” he shouted into the castle.

“Another one?” Fluttershy asked.

“We’ve got three more inside, one sick with something we can’t identify,” a purple pony with attributes of a unicorn and a Pegasus said as she came to the door. “You look perfectly fine,” she said to me.

“There are more humans here!?” I asked seriously. When she nodded she led me to them and my suspicions were confirmed. On the left of the bed was my blood-sister Ava who would be nine in a month. She and I look a lot like our mom, her hair is shorter than mine but it’s just as dark black. Her eyes were brown.

On the right side was Marlene, my adopted sister. She had brown hair, which she keeps tied up with a ribbon that dad got from Zack Fair’s… crush (I guess), Aerith.... who was killed by Sephiroth months after Zack was gunned down… moving on!

On the bed, which looked too big for a pony (And no, I didn’t know they could fall asleep standing up if they weren’t sentient!) was my brother (Adopted) Denzel. His curly grey hair was pasted to his forehead with sweat, water, and some herbal formula by the smell of it. When I entered the room, the girls turned to me with worry on their faces.

“What’s wrong!?” I asked urgently. “What happened!?”

“His bike nearly crushed us!” Marlene said. “We’d be here in the bed if he didn’t push us out of the way.” I looked at his side to see a bandage covering what looked like a very serious gash. I was afraid. Denzel was just on the verge of starting an adult life; starting a business, getting a girlfriend, that kind of thing. It was way too early for him to die, and wherever we were I certainly didn’t want him dying here. I was thinking of what my dad was thinking when he decided to take Denzel in, and his eyes opened.

“Arn… you too?” he said between breaths.

“Yeah… I’m here with you,” I said. “I’m gonna make sure you get outta here alive, alright!?”

“How?” Denzel asked. “The entire planet… is inhabited… by sentient animals…” he held his side gently to show where the damage was. “And I need… a new… liver… by the… sound of it…” he started panting a little. Just when he slipped back into unconsciousness a new pony, dressed in armor that would impress President Shinra of the Shinra Corporation. It was shining with gold so bright I had to wait for my eyes to adjust to get a good look at him. He had fur the color of my skin and mane that matched the blue hue of some of the bottles in my mom’s bar.

“Your highness!” He said to Twilight. “I saw him again!” then he stopped when he looked at me.

“Flash, did you get a good look this time?” Twilight asked.

“I think I have an idea what he looks like,” Flash said. I pointed to myself. “Well you look like the Metal Dragger, but I saw him going for the lake.” There was another human here? I had to find this guy, maybe he could help Denzel. I asked him to take me to the lake. I had no idea what was in store for me there.

Author's Note:

Is this crossover any better!?