• Published 8th Aug 2017
  • 752 Views, 140 Comments

Picking Up the Pieces - Evilhumour



Second in the Pieces-verse. Following their victory over their terrible enemy, the new Mane Six must deal with the aftermath and its complications, including an even greater enemy.

  • ...
4
 140
 752

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty-Five: Omake

Omake, Chapter 25: The Princess of Love Reacts

"Ee-yes!"

Shining Armor looked up from the forms he'd been filling out (one would think that such a thing was unnecessary in Elysium, but this was partly his Paradise, and he actually found the work relaxing, even if they were never actually submitted anywhere after being done) and saw the love of his life, and his afterlife, hopping around with glee. "What is it?"

"Love conquers all, Shiny!" Cadance giggled. "The ponies pushing those ridiculous anti-fraternization regulations - who had no business doing that sort of thing, no matter how well-intentioned they may have thought they were being - just got the book thrown at them, and now Gentle Step and Memorizing Gaze are free to be together!"

Shining Armor smiled. "That's great, dear," he said.

Then he was caught off-guard as Cadance's face suddenly met his, and... well, for a few minutes, he was very preoccupied. When they finally split apart, he had a dazed and goofy smile on his face.

"I love you," she told him, smiling.

"I love you too," he replied. Then he tilted his head. "Speaking of loving couples, how are Page and Night doing?"

"Much better," Cadance told him. "They're working through things." She smiled at him. "Your granddaughter is a wonderful pony, you know?"

"I do," Shining Armor replied, his mind wandering for a moment. He'd been horrified when he'd realized what Chrysalis had done to him... but he couldn't bring himself to hate the child they'd brought into the world together. She hadn't tricked him into conceiving her, after all. He'd watched over Lamella Armor the First as she grew up, and when she'd passed on, he'd been there to greet her at the gates, to reassure her that he didn't blame her for her mother's actions.

Then he'd done the same with each of her descendants in turn, watching over them as best as he could from his Paradise, and being there to welcome them when they passed on. Cadance had accompanied him each time, and his parents and his little brother slash nephew had met them soon afterward. All his descendants had been, and still were, special to him and his family... but of all of them so far, Page was the one who'd made him, and Cadance, proudest.

She had a bright future ahead of her, and though many dangers still lay in her path, he had faith that she and her friends would overcome them all.

Feeling Cadance's gaze on him again, he looked at her and smiled. "So, was there something else you wanted?"

"Oh, there might be," Cadance said with a light giggle as she pressed her side against his. "Are you... mm, interested?"

Shining Armor grinned as he realized what she had in mind, and then threw up a large opaque dome-like shield around them.

We draw away from the happy couple now, and leave what happened underneath that dome afterward for you, the readers, to imagine. But suffice to say, they had a good time.

PreviousChapters Next