• Published 11th Aug 2017
  • 747 Views, 12 Comments

An Apple and a Strawberry - Creativa-Artly01



Apple Bloom, now a teenager, falls head over heels for a Strawberry named Strawbert. PS: Fully aware cutie mark isn't show accurate

  • ...
2
 12
 747

Chapter 4

The next morning, Apple Bloom is up with the sun and goes downstairs to try and sneak out of the farmhouse, where she is stopped by Applejack.

"Where are you going?" asks Applejack.

"To the market," replies Apple Bloom, "to see Grandpear, why?"

"I know you're bluffing, you're going to see that Strawberry boy again aren't you?"

"No, no," lies Apple Bloom. "I'm going to see Grandpear."

"Fine, say what you will, I won't tell anyone," replies Applejack. Apple Bloom thanks her sister then runs out the door and towards the market.

A few minutes later at the market, Apple Bloom and Stawbert hang out at Grandpear's stand, enjoying the free samples of pear jam.

"This is so good! I can't believe I've never had it before!" says Strawbert.

"It's one of my favorite things in the world!" replies Apple Bloom with a giggle.

The two stuff the last of the jam covered biscuits in their mouths. Grandpear then gladly hands them a few pear pastries for them to enjoy. The two gladly eat the pastries, favoring every single bite. After enjoying a few more pear treats, the two head off for the movie theater to enjoy the new animated movie Star Crossed Princess. It's the pony equivalent of Romeo and Juliet but with a happy ending.

At the movie theater, the two buy a thing of popcorn and their tickets. The two then go inside the theater and enjoy the movie after several Pony-cola, Hayshey, and Ponico commercials. As the movie begins, Strawbert takes Apple Bloom's hoof in his, not noticing his twin sisters in the very top row of the theater spying down at them. The two quietly sit and enjoy the movie for the three and a half hour timespan. Once it's done, the two are confronted by his sisters, and he's torn apart from Apple Bloom but not before waving goodbye. Apple Bloom runs after him but soon loses him.

"Why?" she cries, "why do we have to be torn apart all because his sisters hate apples and mine hates strawberries? This is silly." She bows her head and heads on her way home at full speed. All she wants to do right now is lay on her bed and cry.

Back at home, Applejack enters Apple Bloom's room to find her crying on her bed. "What happened?" she asks.

"After the movie finished, Strawbert's sisters dragged him off, I guess they had been sitting above us but I don't know for sure. Why is there a feud after silly differing opinions?" She begins to cry once again. "Why can't you three just make up and make things right?"

"Now, now," says Applejack, trying to comfort Apple Bloom but to no avail. After a half hour of trying, Applejack leaves Apple Bloom to her tears. Maybe what's best for her sister right now is just for her to be left alone. Even so, Applejack can't help but feel all of this is somehow all her fault, which in all honesty, it is.