• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 355 Views, 8 Comments

A Dashin' Conundrum - Boop-Happy Lass



Rainbow Dash struggles to keep her life sane as a rip from space and time suck her into a whole new "Equestria".

  • ...
 8
 355

Awoken

“Xer tuta kaka?”

“Uhh, zoon.”

“Kaka…”

“Czo… cola soosoo?”

“Echa echa… vy cola.”

“Kam.”

“Oh… zoon…”

She twisted and turned, immediately put her forehoof up to her forehead. She groaned in agony, her mind having an intense migraine. Due to this, she tried to pull herself up to sit despite the illegible protests by some unfamiliar voices and was greeted with an aching pain on her abdomen. She fell back down, finally feeling the hay she was laying on. Mustering her strength, she opened her eyes…

… and was figuratively blinded by the brightness of the sun. Hissing, she closed her eyes as quickly as she fell back down. They stung, she couldn’t tell if it was from the sudden light, or something more. Nevertheless, she opened her eyes yet again; the light was more bearable this time.

She felt herself relax as she saw grass and trees. Birds chirped and flew. Although, the bandages were keeping her a bit stiff.

“Soosoo poopoo nuni?” Her ears twitched as a voice unfamiliar rang to her ears.

“Baca xer kam. Oxkro poopoo nuni cyche.” She heard again.

A second or two passed, she craned her neck to her left side and saw an earth pony with a black mane and tail, a light blue coat and had a wristband on his hoof. Beside him was a unicorn mare with a white coat, her blonde mane laid naturally on her head's sides. She decided to break the silence.

“Who are you guys?”

Their ears perked up, while their eyes were wide open. Both of them looked nervously at each other, slowly stood up, and slowly backed away from the bandaged mare.

"Wos soosoo nust...?" The stallion said, casting a glare towards her. His partner muttered worryingly and was trying to restrain him.

"Whoah! Whoah, whoah... there's no need for this!" Her cries were left ignored as the two strangers were arguing. Finally, The stallion's nostrils flared and he nodded.

"You... identify you." The stallion had manage to say, it was pretty clear that he struggled to make a sentence. She could hear him mutter to himself, "Narkuei nuni..."

She replied back, "How could I trust you after you almost assaulted me?" The stallion looked puzzled, so he glanced expectantly at the unicorn mare.

"We apologize. Please, forgive us," The unicorn said guiltily, "Krieg here is much, uhh, paranoid from the ongoing war."

War. A very alien word to her. First she wakes up on a forest and learns that a war has started on Equestria. She couldn't forget about the new language, too. She wasn't even sure she was in Equestria anymore. She figured she must be in some sort of dream, naturally.

So she asked, "Could you pinch me first?" Her companions wore a confused expression. Albeit, the stallion had a more puzzled look on his face seeing as though he couldn't understand a darn thing she was saying. His partner translated, though. Making his expression soften just a tiny bit.

"Just do it, 'kay?"

Finally after a second or two, they reluctantly complied. The pinch didn't hurt too much... she didn't know whether or not the sensation was mostly covered by the aching pain throughout her body.

"M'kay. I'm not dreaming." She half-heartedly said. She lethargically glanced at her surroundings for the last time, then set her gaze towards the two strangers.

"Soosoo-err... You are actually taking this well, madam?" The unicorn mare asked.

"Honestly? I'm just too tired right now to care," She yawned, "wake me up more peacefully, alright? Maybe we could go on with proper introductions then. I'll just go and—"

And she was out like a light.