• Published 9th Aug 2017
  • 1,050 Views, 15 Comments

Son of Big Mac and Cheerilee - Creativa-Artly01



When Cheerilee has a son with Big Mac, he couldn't be more excited!

  • ...
 15
 1,050

Chapter 9-Joy's First Birthday and The Story of their Grandparents

A year later, Big Mack, Lil Mack, and Cheerilee are celebrating Joy's first birthday. As she eats the cake, Joy's face lights up with a smile. The rest of them smile back, eyes wide with cheer.

"It's hard to believe how much, Joyous has grown," sighs Cheerilee placing her hoof in Big Mack's.

"Yeah, it's just hard realizing your children will never know their grandparents," sighs Big Mack.

"Show them the tree," Cheerilee whispers into his ear. Big Mack nods, grabs the baby, and the four go outside to the edge of the orchard where the tree is.

As they approach the tree, Lil Mack looks up and opens his eyes. "Wow, dad, what's this tree? Why is it here? Why are there tombstones in front of it that say Pear Butter and Bright Mack?"

"Calm down, calm down," sighs Big Mack. Lil Mack nods and sits down. The rest then do the same and Big Mack explains everything. "Children, this is your grandparents' tree where they were buried. Bright Mack and Pear Butter were your grandparents. I'm sure they'd be proud of you if they were alive." Tears begin to fill his eyes. "Back before we were even born, before you were ever born, before I and your mom even married, there was a feud between the Apples and the Pears. Prickly Pear and Granny Smith would compete constantly and your grandma and grandpa got caught in the crossfire. For fifteen years, they dated in secret and one day, the day before your grandma was set to move away, she agreed to marry your grandpa. They married here and planted seeds to seal their vows. That's how this tree got here and that's how your grandparents came to be together. They died not long after they had your aunt Apple Bloom. She was not much older than your little sister when your grandparents died." He then begins to cry. They then sit under the tree quietly for several hours. The children are glad to know a little bit more about their grandparents. It makes them feel like they knew them.

Back inside at dinner that night, the four just sit there quietly, not saying a word. Cheerilee is glad Joy and Lil Mack know about their grandparents. After all, it's a part of who they are. That's one thing that will never change.