• Published 18th Aug 2017
  • 563 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Star Butterfly 2: The Runaway Bride - Omegathyst



Star escapes from her planned wedding in Mewni to confess her feelings to Marco and become a student in Equestria once more. But when he rejects her, will she return to her old ways? Or will she find true love?

  • ...
5
 4
 563

And Nothing More

I wouldn't have admitted it before, but a tiny hope of me thought that this would end in a fairy-tale. Where he says that he felt the same way all this time.

But he didn't


"Oh." Marco's eyes were wide, taking in the surprise of her confession that Star was in love with him and that she had been in love with him for years. When he remained silent for a few more seconds, Star spoke again.

"You heard that I was going to get married last time I visited, and I was moments away from getting married when I ran off and used the scissors to get here." Star began to explain. "I never wanted to get married in the first place to Sebastian. He wasn't the one that I wanted, and if I left he would end up marrying my sister...which is also a long story. And I know this was unexpected...sorry, I'm rambling."

"No, don't be sorry Star." Marco put his hoof on his best friend's shoulder. "You've been through a lot, but are you sure that you feel this way for me?"

"Ever since we fought Ludo's monsters the very first time." Star looked down waiting for Marco's response.

"Star.....you will always be my best friend. And nothing more." Marco frowned after saying that and almost looked away from Star's heartbroken face. "I don't mean to speak out of line but you didn't expect any other answer from me did you? Because I would not have married Fluttershy if I didn't truly love her."

Please stop talking

"I g-get it." Star almost growled. "I only came to tell you that. Now I can..."

Do what? Return to Mewni? Stay in Equestria? The second option seems to be my only option. I don't want to be married to someone I don't love after all. But what do I do now? Wait!

"...become Princess Twilight's student again!" Star decided. "And no silly unrequited love is going to get in my way!"

Star got off the couch and ran out the door with great determination. She'd become a much better pony, even kinder and more giving than Fluttershy. It seemed impossible, but she would try day and night.

I'll show Marco what he is truly missing! That'll show him!

Star stopped at the entrance into Ponyville when she wondered if she wanted to hook up with stallions and mares during her education again.

That'd be nearly impossible, just about everypony knows and hates me here. And I could end up with a spouse and children that I don't love like last time. That reminds me...if I'm staying here, I might as well spend more time with my daughter.

Star decided to do that after she's settled in Twilight's lessons and with that in mind, she ran all the way to Twilight's castle without getting attacked. Star knocked on the door and gave a sigh of relief when she was let in right away.

"Twilight...I want to be your student again." Star announced with no hesitation. Twilight frowned.

"Star, I would love to have a student again...but you've made it very clear in the past that you don't like my teaching style." Twilight answered.

"But I've cha-"

"Star, even when you've been in good moods you didn't like the way I taught things to you." Twilight gave Star a reassuring smile. "But I'm not the only Princess in Equestria. While Princess Celestia is busy with her School of Gifted Unicorns and Princess Candace is taking care of her family and the Crystal Empire, I think Princess Luna would have enough time to spare to take her very first student."

Her very first student? Princess Luna can be a little overbearing, but she should still have her own students to teach just like her sister...then again, I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me. She probably still thinks of me as that human-turned-pony that brainwashed Twilight. But what other choice do I have?

"Alright, I'll do that." Star decided.

"That's great! You can come with me to the hotel Princess Luna is staying at and see if she'll take you on." Twilight grinned. Twilight put a protective bubble over the two of them to keep any of Star's haters at bay and the two left the castle towards...Discord's mansion?!


Back in Echo Creek

A girl with blonde hair and mint green eyes sat at the table in her home, eating a TV dinner alone while her parents were out. Sophomore year was ending for her and her friends, but there was no joy to be found in the girl's face. She was still lingering over the memory of her ex-boyfriend breaking up with her a year ago, saying that he had moved to another dimension and found someone else before leaving her in tears. He offered to comfort her, but the girl angrily insisted that he leave.

That girl was Jackie Lynn Thomas.

She suspected that it was Star, and that the two moved to Mewni to be together. Why didn't he just tell her that? Jackie wished that she could ruin Marco's life by dissing him on the internet or spamming his phone like any crazy ex would do, but it would be no use for Marco was nowhere on Earth. Mr. and Mrs. Diaz knew of his departure but they didn't know which dimension he went too. Pony Head and Janna had been trying to figure it out for months and it didn't seem like they were any closer to cracking the case.

However, Jackie's luck would change.

A portal opened up in the living room across from where Jackie was sitting and Janna rolled out of the portal with Pony Head flying out of the portal with her Dimensional Scissors, her eyes wide.

"We found out where Star lives. She must've remembered when I jokingly told her I was born in Equestria when it's really a place I spend vacations at." Pony Head explained. "She lives in Ponyville, and Marco can't be too far away."

"Bet they live under the same roof too." Jackie growled. "Thanks guys, I'm going to this 'Ponyville' and giving Marco a piece of my mind-"

"Can we come with you?" Janna asked, uncharacteristically nervous. Jackie knew Pony Head would want to come with because Star was her best friend, and she knew that Janna wanted to go because she had a secret crush on Star for a long time. Both the two girls had given up on their love interests, but now they were within reach. Jackie could seek revenge on Marco, while Janna can finally reveal her feelings to the Princess.

"Of course you two can, you're my closest friends." Jackie smiled.

"I must warn you, Equestria doesn't accept any human lifeforms in it's land. Which means you two will be morphing into ponies between dimensions." Pony Head explained.

"Oh...well whatever it takes to get back at Marco for abandoning me out of nowhere." Jackie growled. "Let's go."

Jackie wrote a note for her parents and left it on the kitchen counter. Pony Head opened a new portal to Equestria and Janna and Jackie leaped into the portal.

Through the agonizing process in transforming, Jackie felt wings sprout from her back and she assumed that she would be turning into a pegasus. She was originally content with this until she saw her hands turn into talons, and she begin to feel a beak morphing from her face. When she saw her feet turn into paws...

She realized that she was turning into a griffin.

"Woah, didn't think that'd happen." Pony Head gulped. Jackie glanced at Janna and saw that she had become a dark blue unicorn with brown eyes, a silky black mane, and a pink skull for a cutie mark.

Jackie had become a griffin with mint green head feathers, eyes, aquamarine wings, and platinum blond fur. Another portal opened up and tossed the three of them into a dirt road surrounded by friendly-looking houses.

"Yep, this is Ponyville alright." Pony Head looked and her eyes widened. "OMG, Star's right there!"

Jackie got up on her talons and paws in an instant and briefly saw a cyan pony with blonde hair and hearts on her cheeks that were all too familiar. She knew it was Star with that purple alicorn, and she jumped to fly and crash into Star, but then she realized that she didn't know the first thing about flying.

She desperately tried to flap her wings and ended up hitting the dirt. When she got back up, Star and the alicorn had already entered the mansion. Jackie angrily marched forward as fast as she could with her new body as she made it to the mansion door.

She waited for Pony Head and Janna to be behind her before she gave a firm knock on the door.