• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 4,207 Views, 82 Comments

A Glasshouse Butterfly - littlerobotbird



A shippy bit of nonsense featuring Fluttershy and a silly twist.

  • ...
9
 82
 4,207

6 ~ Lovingly Lovestruck

With what felt like hundreds of waxen wings buzzing around her, Fluttershy could hardly hear much less think as she watched Pinkie bounce off the steadily falling hot air balloon, her hooves outstretched.

For the briefest of moments, their hooves found each other. Pinkie’s mouth moved wordlessly, a strange greenish sheen washing over her normally sky blue eyes. The pink pony pulled at the pegasus and then she was ripped away, their hooves twisting from one another.

Fluttershy could only yell after her as the swarming changelings closed in tight around her, the last image of Pinkie Pie being her twisting form plummeting towards the forest below.

“Pinkie!” she cried out out, shooting up straight...

In bed.

In her own bed.

Chest heaving and heart thudding away in her chest, she glanced over at the window to find the morning’s light streaming in through the curtains, lending a cheery warmth as a sweet scent reached her nose.

A dream… it was a dream. Just a dream.

As her pulse slowed, she took a look around, vision wavering ever so slightly. She rubbed her eyes with the back of a hoof, ridding herself of whatever sleep lingered on. Quickly, the fireplace halted its gyrations and her focus shifted elsewhere.

“It was just a dream. A nightmare. Your imagination’s getting the better of you, Fluttershy,” she whispered to herself.

After all, surely her charge calling down a changeling horde was just as absurd as Princess Celestia banishing her to a pre-banished dungeon. Much more likely a result of stress and overexertion the last day than—

What happened yesterday? The thought struck her as she swung her hindlegs over the side of the bed.

She could recall many things, but her sleep-addled mind couldn't quite parse through them all.

There was Rarity’s boutique…

Sugarcube Corner…

Golden Oaks Library…

Then she recalled relaxing in the tub and drifting off.

Have I been asleep since then?—her nostrils flared unconsciously—Are those banana pancakes?

Fluttershy closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath as she let the sweet odor overtake her senses. Her mouth watered ever so slightly, her tummy rumbling quietly, plainly suggesting she make for the kitchen as fast as hooves could carry her.

“Who would be cooking?” Especially banana pancakes. Angel Bunny absolutely loathed banana pancakes, the taste and the smell.

Could it be Fl—

Fluttershy’s stomach interrupted with a plaintive grumble and she quickly acquiesced, heaving herself onto the floor before tracking the sweet scent out the door.

She could hear somepony humming now as the scent grew stronger by the step as she descended the stairs.

“Flammy? Is that you?”

There wasn’t a response. If anything, the humming seemed louder.

Fluttershy came to the bottom of the staircase, turning into the kitchen to find a pair of cyan flanks swaying rhythmically in front of the oven.

“Rainbow Dash?!”

“Fluttershy!”

She had hardly a moment to process before she was hoisted into the air, trapped in a tight hug.

Rainbow squeezed her for all she was worth, nuzzling into Fluttershy’s chest as her wings beat steadily to keep them aloft. She looked up, a sly smile on her face.

“Missed you,” Rainbow whispered, giving her a quick peck on the lips as they settled back down to the floor before returning to the stove with a flourish—at least Fluttershy assumed a double backflip with a half-twist qualified as such. “I’ve almost got our usual all ready to go!” she called over her shoulder as she gave the pancakes a skilled flip.

“O-our usual?” Fluttershy burbled, stomach well and settled now, the neurons connecting her nasal cavity to her brain having been repurposed into an emergency what-is-going-on camp. Thus far, their results had been inconclusive.

“Well, duh. It’s Thursday. Breakfast in bed. Bananacakes, just like you like them.” Rainbow shrugged, flipping the pancakes before glancing over her shoulder, a daredevil grin on her face. “But since you’re down early, how ‘bout breakfast and a show? Check this out.”

At those words, Fluttershy instinctively dove to the floor. It was a look she knew well.

Rainbow’s forehoof slammed down on the panhandle, hurtling the pancakes right at the table. With a hard flap of her wings—and a double-hoofed kick off the cabinets—Rainbow beat the hurtling discs of delicious fluff to the table, smashing a hindhoof on the edge of the table to tip it up for the catch.

Fluttershy yelped as she was unceremoniously popped up into the air and into a seat—kicked under her by Rainbow’s other hindhoof—by the table crashing back to the floor. She heard the faint hiss of aerosol and the sound of hooves clopping to the ground.

When Fluttershy finally managed to open her eyes, she saw a pair of pancakes with whipped cream and banana slice smiley faces on them.

“I know, I know.” Rainbow held up her hooves as if to quiet some imaginary crowd. “I’m awesome.”

Fluttershy simply stared as she hefted herself upright in her seat, trembling.

“C’mon, I know you love that little bit of excitement in the morning. All courtesy of your best marefriend ever, the Dashter,” Rainbow declared with a grin, eyes half-lidded.

She leaned across the table expectantly and, when Fluttershy didn’t take the hint—a protective rigor mortis still leeching into the air—leaned further, planting a quick kiss on the nearest cheek before messily digging into her breakfast.

“C’mun, dere gewd, Fwuttershy,” Rainbow reassured between bites before gulping down an apple-sized chunk. “I didn’t even burn them this time. Thanks to you.”

“Marefriend?” came Fluttershy’s delayed echo, brain finally catching up as equal parts migraine and temptation pulled at her conscious, the delicious scent filling her nostrils completely at such close range.

“Yeah, duh. We’ve been going out for, like, forever,” she replied, a few bits of pancake and whipped cream flicking out. “Well, a couple of weeks at least.” Her confident look seemed to fade in favor of one of concern. “You feelin’ alright, ‘Shy?”

This is not normal.

“Where’s Flammy?”

“Who?” Rainbow raised an eyebrow.

“My flamingo?”

She simply shrugged.

“Tall, pink bird?” No reaction. “A little gangly? Hooked beak?”

Another shrug and she returned to scarfing down her breakfast as Fluttershy stared around the cottage.

It seemed rather… empty.

All the animals that were normally scurrying about—over furniture, under carpets, along the walls, across the ceilings, and generally anywhere a claw might find purchase—were mysteriously absent. Even the color of the living room beyond seemed somehow muted compared to the cheery oranges and yellows that subsumed the kitchen.

“Excuse me a moment, Rainbow,” Fluttershy mumbled, stepping back off her seat, keeping the oddly amorous pegasus in sight as she stared into the living room in the periphery. “I just need to… check my, um, mane.”

“You look fine! Come on, dig in. This took all morning.”

“Oh, that’s sweet, but I just need to… go,” Fluttershy squeaked out, twisting around to dash for the living room, but just as she crossed the threshold, her movements slowed.

The air itself seemed to vibrate right through her, rattling her flesh and bones as the dullness of the room receded, beiges and grays pushed out by their more vibrant replacements. And then Fluttershy was released, hooves hitting the living room floor with tremulous clop.

“Where are you off to, darling?”

Fluttershy froze at the new voice, skidding into the center of the room.

“Something the matter?”

She turned to find Rarity sprawled comfortably across the couch, tail flicking gently as she looked on with heavy-lidded eyes that shone in the new light. Adjusting herself slightly so that she was on her side, hindlegs crossed as one forehoof rested on her flank and the other motioned for Fluttershy to have a seat.

“Rarity?”

“Yes, dear? Something on your mind?” the unicorn murmured, idly smoothing out the creases in the couch before glancing back up. “I know there’s something on mine.”

“What are you doing in my house?”

“Well,” Rarity scoffed, sitting up fully now, “that’s rather rude.”

“Oh, I’m sorry… it’s just”—Fluttershy paused a moment to reassess—”Wait, no, I’m not sorry. This is mad. Rainbow’s in the kitchen saying we’re marefriends—”

“Oh my, what scandalous behavior!”

“—and now you’re here on the couch doing… I don’t even know what you’re doing.”

“It is known as a come-hither stare, darling. I should assume you are well-versed in the basics of our relationship.”

Fluttershy quirked an eyebrow, one of her eyes giving a little twitch and a spasm.

“Although, I fully understand your stress.”

“You do?”

“Well, of course,” Rarity declared, swinging off the couch to take Fluttershy in her hooves with a graceful pirouette thrown in for good measure. “To have such a crass, uncultured pony like Rainbow Dash as a gentlemare caller. Why, I am all in a tizzy just thinking about it.”

“That’s not very ni—” Fluttershy began her reproach, but was cut off by the tightening of the unicorn’s grip.

“Of course, this is why we are such a natural fit, you and I! You don’t needn’t some brute of mare to redeem. Somepony in need of fixing!” Rarity decreed, lifting Fluttershy in an embrace. “You require somepony with class, with style and elegance! And you have made me ever so happy, darling.”

“What?” Fluttershy cried out.

“Oh, I know we haven’t told anypony,” Rarity bemoaned, bending back with a hoof pressed to her head. “With my career, happiness is never so easy a pass. I know that skulking about in secret, keeping our love hidden from watchful eyes, cannot be an easy proposition for you. That is why it means so much to me that you would go along with this.”

“What?”

“Oh, but that element of danger!” Rarity swung her around, dipping towards the floor as if in a dance. “Isn’t it invigorating!” She trailed soft kisses up the pegasus’s chest before swinging her upright once more.

“I don’t think this will… um…” Fluttershy could hardly think up an excuse as she squirmed in the unicorn’s grip.

My goodness… has everypony gone mad? she wondered as the cottage trembled around her as if from a blow.

“Fluttershy, dear?”

Another tremor.

“Do you hear that?”

Oh what n—

She had not even the moment to finish her bemoaned thought as the wall of her cottage crashed inwards in a flash of red fur, muscle, glass and splinters.

“Big McIntosh?!” Fluttershy cried out in surprise as she was yanked from Rarity’s well-manicured hooves and hefted up into a pair of burly, bulgingly muscular forelegs.

“Oh my!” Rarity stared up in awe, eyes sparkling as she swooned back onto the couch. “What romance! Saving you from my dirty, dirty, unclean hooves! Sweeping you into his magnificent muscles to carry you off into the sunset!”

“Eeyup!” he agreed, clutching Fluttershy to his chest, orange mane flowing in the breeze—presumably flowing in through the new, unfinished patio door—as she stared down at the apparently penitent unicorn.

“Um… no thank you?”

“Hey, what’s going on in here?” she heard Rainbow’s voice echo angrily as the pegasus stomped into the living room, rose eyes wide and fiery. “What the hay?!”

McIntosh simply stood, mane keeping up its heroic flutter even as Rainbow’s muzzle pressed against his.

“Rainbow Dash! How could you? To be such an incorrigible cretin! Can’t you see that this is the truest love? Not some pitiable reclamation project.”

“Eeyup.”

“But what about Fluttershy and my true love? Huh? What about that?” she demanded angrily of the unicorn. “We’re made for each other, dangit!”

The three broke into elegant arguments, spirited swearing and monosyllabic affirmations respectively.

All the while, Fluttershy watched…

Fluttershy listened…

And Fluttershy thought.

Why yes, Fluttershy, everypony has gone mad.

“We’re talking in circles!”

“This is goin’ nowhere!”

“Eeyup.”

“You realize what we need?” Rarity queried, eyes taking on a conspiratorial gleam.

“A contest!” Rainbow declared with competitive grin.

“Of class!”

“Of skill!”

“Of strength!”

“To prove who’s worthy of the good Lady Fluttershy’s hoof!” Rarity decreed with a flourish as she hustled Rainbow Dash and McIntosh—the blankly staring Fluttershy still in his hooves—through the gaping hole in the cottage.

There in the not-so-far distance, Fluttershy could see a shimmering gauntlet of wood and iron—miraculously already set up and prepped—with a crowd of townponies cheering from the brightly colored, pink and yellow bleachers.

Completely… completely mad…

~o~0~o~

An hour later, Fluttershy found herself ducking between the branches of an elder oak, cowering just above the wandering patrols of ponies. She’d slipped away from her place as contest prize sometime between her suitors sparring atop a tipping and swaying balance beam, and seeing which could bench the most—hay bales for Big Mac and ice clouds for Rainbow Dash—before a crowd that seemed to contain every pony she couldn’t quite recall the name of in Ponyville.

She could still feel her face burning from their friendly hellos, the pegasus stammering ceaselessly as their names eluded her. The embarrassment was nearly too much for the mare.

She snapped her head down into the leaves as a pegasus mare—was it Dizzy Twister? Or maybe Orange Swirl?—popped up above the branches, casting a glance around for the wayward prize.

Oh please, oh please, ohpleaseohpleaseohplease, Fluttershy silently prayed, hooves wrapped tight around the old oak branch as she listened to the steady beating of the other pegasus’s wings mix with the thudding of her heart.

Slowly, the palpitations slowed, the wingbeats fading away.

Even as silence settled around her, however—the roar of the makeshift coliseum’s crowd fading into memory—she clutched the branch, only daring to poke her head out after a solid minute of silence.

She was free.

For the moment.

Where to go? Where to go?

Clearly something was wrong in Ponyville to have so many ponies in the stands. Not to mention how her friends had been acting. Rainbow and Rarity had already been affected—along with Big McIntosh of course—by whatever spell was at work

But perhaps one of her other friends?

Fluttershy glanced down from her hiding spot. She was still relatively near her cottage, halfway between the Everfree Forest and—

Sweet Apple Acres!

Of course, Applejack could help her!

If the spell hasn’t gotten to her as well… but…

That was simply a chance she had to take.

~o~0~o~

“Applejack,” Fluttershy squeaked out, shucking off the bush she’d been employing as mobile cover as she ducked into the Apple’s barn, quickly pulling the door shut behind her.

She’d heard somepony working from a distance—the steady thump of hay bales unmistakable—as she’d approached. With McIntosh previously engaged as it were, there was only one pony it could be.

“Fluttershy?” Applejack glanced up, tossing her bale onto a stack with buck of her hindlegs before wiping the sweat from her brow. “Whatcha doin’?”

“Hiding!” Fluttershy hissed, blitzing to the earth pony’s side and clamping her hooves around the earth pony’s muzzle.

Applejack simply quirked a brow as Fluttershy stared fearfully at the barn door, listening as a pair of hoofsteps neared it.

“Quiet… Be quiet…” Fluttershy muttered, partly to herself and partly to the now rather bemused mare beside her.

Soon enough, the hoofsteps trailed away and, with a sigh of relief, Fluttershy let her hooves fall before the rest of her body followed, collapsing to the hay-strewn floor, wings flopping at her sides.

“Mind lettin’ a mare in on the joke here, ‘Shy?” Applejack rubbed at her muzzle for a second, smoothing out the hoofprints Fluttershy had left.

“Everypony’s gone crazy!” Fluttershy gasped out, hooves stamping on the floor as she shot to her hooves, grabbing Applejack again. “I think maybe it’s a magic spell o-or love potion in the water o-or something. I don’t know! But you’re still normal, right, Applejack? Right?”

“Uh, I reckon so,” she replied uncertainly, pulling out of the pegasus’s grasp to grab another bale. “What’s so crazy ‘bout them?”

“Well, I woke up this morning and Rainbow was making me breakfast.”

“Uh huh.” Applejack hefted up on the hay bales, settling it on her back before trotting over to the pile. “Not really all that odd if’n y’all ended up with charcoal cakes.”

“She made banana pancakes and they smelled great, but that’s not even the really weird part! She was talking about how we’re marefriends, so I tried to leave, but then Rarity was there!”

“Y’don’t say.” She bucked her hips again, flanks rippling and sweat shining even in the dim light of the barn, each and every muscle outlined as the haybale settled atop the stack.

“And she was talking about how I needed a refined mare, that she was the one I should be marefriends with!”

“Huh.” The bale settled atop the pile as Applejack leaned back against it, looking Fluttershy up and down as she wiped away some sweat with her stetson before tossing it to the side.

“And then Big Mac crashed through the wall and grabbed me! And then Rarity’s talking about how big and strong his hooves are! It was completely crazy!”

“Ain’t so crazy to want some strong hooves to fall into, Fluttershy.” Applejack quietly worked the band from her mane and tail, letting them fall about her shoulders and hocks respectively in a shower of gleaming blonde.

“And then there was the… the… gladiators… Applejack?” Fluttershy felt herself running hot and cold in the same moment, a soft blush settling across her face even as her veins ran icy.

“Reckon maybe you were jus’ wantin’ a more… feminine touch,” Applejack stated, smouldering eyes half closed as she strode confidently up to the pegasus and grabbed Fluttershy in her work hardened forelegs. Grinning, the work pony leaned down, eyes closing as her lips drew closer and closer to the pegasus before hitting…

Nothing.

“Fluttershy?” Applejack’s eyes snapped open to find her hooves grasping nothing, nearby a door clicked closed. “Well, huh. Guess not then.”

~o~0~o~

In the meantime, Fluttershy found herself crawling through the darkened Apple family living room, trying avoid making even the slightest noise lest somepony else come along.

Is this a curse? She glanced over her fur between steps, looking for any sign of magic.

A glow.

A shimmer.

A shine.

Something to let her know what in the name of the sun and moon was going on. Then, as she crawled towards the front door, all the lights clicked on.

“Surprise!” a chorus of young voices shouted out.

Turning, Fluttershy felt her jaw drop—tragically not a terribly far drop—and smash into the floor with a painful thump that sent her reeling, clutching her muzzle in pain as she fell onto her back. But jaw fractures could only distract so long.

Eventually she had to look up to find three little filles on the couches in various poses that she would later be unable to recollect for the ponderously large mental blocks required.

Quickly, her wings shot up to cover her eyes, face burning a bright cherry red as she stammered and stuttered, hoping to perhaps stumble on some heretofore unknown magic incantation that would save her.

But it was not to be as a pair of surprisingly strong orange hooves prized apart her wings, looking upon her with a sultry stare as she rolled a tootsie pop from one corner of her mouth to the other.

“We can get the blindfold if that’s what you’re into,” Scootaloo offered as Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom poked into view.

Within a second, Fluttershy burst straight up in the air, crashing into and then clutching onto the wildly swinging chandelier. She stared down at the trio of fillies, halfway between losing the breakfast she hadn’t eaten and curling into the fetal position. Instead, however, the logical adult part of her brain decided to make one last stand.

“I am ten years older than you!” she screamed at the fillies, as though the unspoken rules would banish them to some faraway place—perhaps the ball pit a McHaygles Restaurant and Funtime Palace where their innocence might be restored whilst she jammed her head into an aqueduct to wash the idea from her brain.

Then she heard an unsteady clop of hooves at the top of the stairs, unfortunately at eye level to her.

“Well, if’n them young’uns ain’t yer speed, why don’t you try these ol’ bones on fer size.”

She didn’t want to look.

She really, really did not want to look.

An uncooperative eyelid crept open for the barest of seconds, followed immediately by a crash as a pegasus-shaped hole appeared in a nearby window.

At the top of the stairs, Granny Smith posed, black negligee clinging tightly to her frail, withered body as she watched a bit of glass fall to the floor.

“Coulda jus’ said no!” the old mare shouted, adjusting the straps as she continued to mutter beneath her breath. “Young’uns these days. No appreciation for a fine, aged mare.”

~o~0~o~

The Golden Oaks Library, hub of all things book and scroll related for the greater Ponyville area, sat quietly for the moment. Were one to step into the foyer, they would be immediately confronted by the utter stillness of it.

Books and scrolls were not the most active sort after all.

Then there came a murmur. The dust motes that had hung serenely in their warm shafts of light stirred from their slumber, beginning their timeless dance.

Then the murmur became a rumble. The dust motes’ dance turning from a waltz to a quickstep in short order. The books joining in with a quiet tap-tap of their spiny feet as the scrolls rustled along to the beat.

Then the rumble quickly became a roar, the distant sound of somepony shouting for help piercing even the thick bark of the oak tree come library. It was enough that the keeper of the books had to poke her head down below.

Twilight could only raise an eyebrow behind her half-moon spectacles as the door burst inward, the long plea for help finishing in full stereo sound as she was tackled in a blur of yellow feathers and fur.

“—a shield, something, anything! Twilight! Save meeeeee!” Fluttershy cried out as her momentum swung her around the unicorn’s neck, the pair smacking down onto the stair step.

Beyond the door, a great herd of ponies—brilliant flowers, candied hearts, oversized cards, twanging lutes, entire romantic dinners on carts, the odd statue or topiary in tow, and even gondola complete with crooner skimming the top—descended on the library en masse.

In short order, one raised eyebrow was joined by the other above wide wide eyes, Twilight’s horn flaring into life as a magenta bubble popped into existence around the tree.

“Goodness…” she murmured, staring at the rippling wave of ponies as it buffeted the shield.

She watched the mass legs scrabble up the side before the crowd fell back on itself in a tangle of fur, hooves and tails before she quickly shut the door and drew the windows, reducing the roar to a confused mumble.

“Well, wasn’t expecting company. How are you, Fluttershy?” Twilight asked almost drolly, eyes still wide and focused on the now closed door.

“Absolutely terrified!” Fluttershy cried out from beneath Twilight.

“And what’s going on with everypony?”

“I don’t knooooooow!” Fluttershy wailed.

Carefully, Twilight heaved herself off the shaking pegasus, making it halfway down the steps before the yellow blur hit her again.

“Wait! Are you normal? Please tell me you’re normal?”

“Um, normal as ever,” Twilight offered from the flat of her back, grimacing as Fluttershy’s hooves dug into her chest.

“Oh my goodness! I’m sorry,” Fluttershy murmured, quickly hopping off the unicorn.

“It’s okay,” Twilight said as she was pulled to her hooves, Fluttershy making a show of dusting her off as best she could with a wing. “So, what’s, uh, going on?”

“I don’t know,” Fluttershy repeated, the wail replaced by a long note of panic in her voice. “I woke up this morning and everypony’s gone completely crazy! Rainbow Dash thinks I’m her marefriend, Rarity’s tried to seduce me, the entire Apple family is courting me”—deftly, she left out that which shall not be named—“and now the whole town is after me with flowers and cards and chocolates and topiaries! Somepony was chasing me with an entire cartful of topiaries shaped like me!”

“That sounds like… quite the story, Fluttershy.” Twilight looked at her incredulously even as she trotted towards the front door.

“But it’s true! You saw them,” she stated in return, moving to the unicorn’s side and lifting open one of the curtains.

As they looked, the ponies outside milled around just beyond the barrier with their various gifts. One held up a sign that read Fluttershy = Love on it.

“I think it’s a-a magic spell or love poison or… I don’t even know.”

Twilight experimentally tapped the glass window, the segment of ponies nearest lifting up onto the closest part of the barrier as if magnetized to her hoof. “You may be right.”

“Really? How do you think we can fix it?” Fluttershy asked, letting the curtain fall into Twilight’s hoof as she gave a little hop of joy into the center of the room. “Do you have a spell in mind? Do we write a letter to Princess Celestia?” She turned towards the stairs, eyes shimmering. “Should I go find Spike?”

“Well, I don’t know about that”—Twilight raised a hoof to quiet the barrage of questions, letting the curtain fall shut—“but there’s at least one bit of good news in this.”

“Yes, Twilight?” Fluttershy turned to look at the unicorn, eyes brimming with a hope that quickly dimmed.

“At least we’re all alone now,” Twilight decreed amorously, a tingling cloud of magic running down the side of Fluttershy’s face as a shy smile creased the unicorn’s face.

“No! Not you too!”

Is there anypony left? She slipped from the magical grasp, backing away from the approaching unicorn, her eyes on the floor.

“I have to confess something, Fluttershy…”

You’ve always loved me, don’t know what to do, we’re already marefriends, going to be so happy together. Take your pick, she groaned mentally, eyes searching for some avenue of escape before her flank hit wood and metal.

“This is hard for me to say, but…”

A door!

Fluttershy quickly flung it open and lept through, uncaring of where it might lead. Anywhere was better than here. She didn’t make it far, however, her hooves hitting and then plunging through something soft and slimy and cold. Hooves trapped for the moment, she flapped her wings as she could, Twilight’s voice drifting down from above.

“I’ve always had a crush on you, Fluttershy.”

“No you haven’t!” she shouted back.

She gave a hard push at the barrier and then stopped, greenish slime dripping from her as the cocoon cracked outwards, the pegasus’s saturated body hitting the dirt as she felt weak, completely drained.

Wh-what? she could hardly think as she tried to open her eyes.

Her ears filled with angry buzzing—as though she’d fallen into a particularly argumentative colony of bees—but as soon as her eyes had opened the buzzing fell into a hushed smatter of chirps as dozens upon dozens of glowing blue eyes stared at her from the shadows.

With a hiss, something black and shiny confronted her, staring at her with narrowed glowing blue eyes as it pushed her back into the cocoon’s cool embrace.

“What? What’s…”

Her echoing voice soon became muffled as the eyes disappeared from view, the cool liquid soothing her as her brain slowly, gently was lulled off back to sleep.

On the other side of the cocoon wall, the changeling hive picked back up right where it had left off bickering over its newest and presently only source of sustenance.

Author's Note:

(Rev.09.07.2014)

Special thanks to a cool, cool guy.